PDA

View Full Version : Recording on a USB stick ?

B.M.
20-04-2010, 05:14 PM
hello peeps.

ive got my new 800HD setup running great on BH 0.12.

ive read through all 15 pages of threads in this section trying to get it to record on a USB stick but theres no mention of it anywhere ??

ive read you can put an internal HDD in but i would much prefer a USB really if it can be done?

thank god im back on a linux based box after a nightmare with a TM none linux based box lol

also im pretty sure after buying this box its a clone but touch would all is well with it so far.

any tips and tricks aswell would be great lads :respect-052:

BM

CROSSBONES
22-04-2010, 06:47 PM
You will have a job getting it to initialize, as I had an external USB drive. It would mount ok, but as soon as I rebooted the 800 would loose it again.

mrbleu500
22-04-2010, 06:56 PM
I tried about 5 different USB sticks before I found one that worked. Trouble was it was a 256mb stick, only usable to store picons...

Not had any problems with powered HDD's.

B.M.
26-04-2010, 08:37 PM
sorry for the late replies lads ive been in hospital having an operation :-(

thanks for your replies..i have a seagate 500gig external HDD thats powered would this be any use ?

or can anyone recommend a good external HDD i can buy ? i only need about a 500gig as i dont plan loading it up with too much.

thanks lads

BM

echelon
26-04-2010, 10:24 PM
500 gig should be fine , and is what I use , but use a powered esata and not usb , thats my advice

B.M.
26-04-2010, 11:56 PM
500 gig should be fine , and is what I use , but use a powered esata and not usb , thats my advice

thank you once again sir :bowing-036:

danndg
27-04-2010, 03:31 PM
@echelon hope i am not considered to be ******ing this thread but i wondered if you could please help me with external esata drive. i must be the only one who seems to have problems with ext hdd. i have been trying for over a week now with my lacie d2 sata 11 3GBITS 500gig external drive and for the 2nd time went back to scratch and did format (took 12 hours) then initialised then recorded a movie at this point all seems ok. then tried to play the movie which i can see via the video button, by pressing green button( play) i get the message "no tags set on these movie files". I really would appreciate any help your or anybody else could give thanks

B.M.
18-05-2010, 12:31 PM

is there any paticular brand i should go for ?

ive got myself enough cash together now so was going to buy one but i just want to make sure that i buy the right thing.

also am i right in saying im getting a internal 2.5" sata drive ?

cheers

BM

loveman
18-05-2010, 10:08 PM
I'm currently using a freecom quattro (think that's the name) 1.5tb e-sata hdd. Works perfectly fine, apart from a few things:

* The e-sata cable supplied with it didn't seem to work properly, so swapped that for a shielded e-sata cable
* The box does not like going in to standby. Got around this by making the hdd always on. But that's not a perfect solution. Hoping that the groups / dmm can sort this, but it appears that when it goes in to standby, it doesn't wake up quick enough for the box...

Doing the above, I have no problems. With other brands, it might be perfectly fine... But this is what Ive found...

hth

echelon
18-05-2010, 10:19 PM
internal is 2.5 inch sata

external can be 2.5 inch or 3.5 inch , preferably powered esata

B.M.
18-05-2010, 11:26 PM
internal is 2.5 inch sata

external can be 2.5 inch or 3.5 inch , preferably powered esata

top man yet again mate.

i got myself a WD 500g 2.5" and fitted it within minutes and got it setup spot on.

great help as always mate :respect-067:

BM