PDA

View Full Version : Appeal to the AZBox community: wake up!

massimo1167
23-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Guys wake up!!!
Is It possible that there is only one thread and a single argument which draws our attention?
This section is a barren section, are two months that we speak only of hot air.
Because Enigma 2 for Azbox is just fried air...
In 1520 posts, really interesting ones are perhaps 10-15 posts.

We want to wake up ?!?!?!

We start to talk about Enigma 2 since 10-02-2010
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/1831/image2jl.jpg

and today 23-04-2010 we dunno what happen...
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/3832/image1mqolik.jpg

All this talk about Enigma 2 distracted us from the rest, how many are posts where we talk about azbox's problems?
I mean real problems ie those who still have in the only firmware (beta) that we currently have?
I almost doubt that the lies told to a few (such as dialogues between some know members of the sat world and hflms or between opensat boss and hflms) were studied at a table to hide obvious weaknesses.

However what will come we will discuss when we have something concrete, but now is enough!!!

I invite you to focus on real problems and to exert maximum pressure on Opensat because they begin to seriously consider our demands.

I do not want to compare AZBox and DreamMultimedia products, but just to highlight the differences on assistance and the multiplicity of their offer, not only hardware but also software.

Is it possible that we can not expect from opensat something better?
Go for a ride in the sections dedicated to DM products and certainly will not find that dryness as in the sections dedicated to azbox.
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/5379/image4h.jpg
This is also our fault because we are satisfied and we are not able to organize ourselves to ask.
I asked a couple of things to Opensat reporting bugs and they have not deigned to answer me, I think it is shameful and I am tired of bearing.
I am also tired of struggling in a discussion of how Enigma 2 on dry AZBox.

Wake up!!!

gtg60
23-04-2010, 10:58 AM
I agree, especially since it that time we have had some (actually good) new firmwares, a great working EPG, a script that improves the whole running of the machine yet very little active posting about these great new things.

Let's concentrate on the good and make it even better! :respect-001:

heyhey
23-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Zzzzzzzz.....

hfmls
23-04-2010, 12:39 PM
i have to agree in some points, current firmware is kinda ok.. only need to fix EPG (latest beta is way better) and some other stuff.

but talking about enigma 2 and opensat. Guys, i don't really have nothing to do with opensat, like you guys i have azbox, and i want azbox to be as good as hardware deserves, but coders are just bad. I never have/will have the intention to make opensat look good if they don't deserv, till now, they don't!i would do RATHER the opposite.

My opinion is to moderate enigma2 thread, and delete all junk or posts that don't have useful information. It's getting to big..most of the times are discussion and arguing

Likvid
23-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Just sell your Azbox and buy a Dreambox and live with it, you will put more energy in getting nowhere, all these alternative boxes are just ****.

For what the Azbox Premium costed you could have bought a DM800.

massimo1167
23-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Just sell your Azbox and buy a Dreambox and live with it, you will put more energy in getting nowhere, all these alternative boxes are just ****.

For what the Azbox Premium costed you could have bought a DM800.

I already own a DM800 and a DB7000 :-))

naveh
23-04-2010, 03:52 PM
how can we sell a box that nobody wants, half price even less?
we bought, paid our money and we should have a good firmware.
there are alot of bugs. the box is just a **** at the moment.
I beleive that I will buy a new box in the future,.
I even thought of connecting my DM500 back.
I don't belive that there is a development of Enigma2,
if that is true the developer whould'nt have make an argument in this forum,
or at least let users test his firm and get feedbacks.

cacul
23-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Azbox is suitable only for this, or anything more.:respect-040:

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjfEW0a6Sq0&feature=relatedThis is a real receiver.:001_005:

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0YzOP9RfnI
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAxm43RdyCY
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q2MXfVNS0ALet open:9898:sat watches and learns how others do it or give it up and arrange for professionals. :respect-055::applause-038:

hfmls
23-04-2010, 05:18 PM
why do u guys compare receivers for 200€ with 350...400 ?

we know vu+ is cool.
we can say bad stuff about azbox with reason, but i don't think its fair to compare receivers.

naveh
23-04-2010, 06:20 PM
It is not right to sell a box with a beta version of firmware. there should be a sign on the box, that the reciever comes with a beta version, that may cause bugs for users.
even if the price of the azbox is cheap, there should be a warning on the box.
the compare is only that the others like vu+ of dreambox that you can choose the image you want, works ok.
I believe that in the future if one wants to buy AzBox, the only place that it will be found is on e.bay.

Likvid
24-04-2010, 01:20 AM
How much is a Azbox Premium worth on the market? £75?

mushroom
24-04-2010, 04:58 AM
i have to disagree with u Likvid.Sold mine for 200 euro

albaki77
24-04-2010, 10:01 AM
i think it depends on what you use your box for.I have SKy HD as my main box and AZ Premium for my Footy & Film box with 1.2 channel master.with 94875 and multicas a09.using a good cs server(cccam).the AZ was sluggish at first but over the last six months i have had no problems at all even with the hard ones(S*y Italia etc).i have even watched the odd footy game in 422.It seems some members want the AZbox to be a Dreambox(E2 etc).If you want a Dreambox sell your AZ & buy a Dreambox and let the rest of us concentrate on improving AZ firmware(origional or E2 if possible).

Is it just me or is anyone else happy with there AZ also:respect-039:

Mine AZ HD Premium 1TB drive & Sat+Cable tuner:smash:

Likvid
24-04-2010, 10:53 AM
What confuses me is that the americans seems very happy with their Azboxes and says it's the best box they ever had?

massimo1167
24-04-2010, 11:02 AM
If you want a Dreambox sell your AZ & buy a Dreambox

I do not need to sell the AZBox because as I said, I already own a DM800 and DB7000, maybe I'll sell it because I was disappointed compared to what were my expectations.

let the rest of us concentrate on improving AZ firmware(origional or E2 if possible).
is exactly what I asked in opening post.

But tell me how do you improve AZ if you're so happy with what you have?
How many years they need to eliminate all the bugs of the firmware?
(and I do not mean in the way Opensat has eliminated the bugs by deleting from official forum)
;-)

That is why I urge everyone to wake up.
We should expect from Opensat improve currently firmware removing all bugs present.
I would like Opensat begin to consider what they recommend.
For every report should match a response and tell us that in case of bug will be considered and resolved, but not after some years!

If I report a bug that affects the recording section on saving files is not possible that after 2-3 months there is still no answer and a solution!
Is not a critical bug although is very annoying, but gives an idea of how Opensat reacts to our records: Opensat don't cares of us!

So it's no point wasting time in discussion about Enigma 2, instead we should require from Opensat that listen to our request and gives us response quickly.

albaki77
24-04-2010, 11:10 AM
@massimo1167

I see your point on Opensat & the recording bugs & i never said the box was perfect and was not aiming my points at you i was refering to the general posts i have read.But do you think the AZ deserves the slagging off it gets at the present time the way some people carry on you would think the box was failing to switch on.

regards

A:)

albaki77
24-04-2010, 11:18 AM
Another quick point could we all compile a list maybe in a new section(without sarcastic comments or flaming) of the bugs(not a wish list for now) that exist and tick them off one by one when(if) fixed.
that would be more constructive.

Regards

A:respect-059:

cacul
24-04-2010, 12:08 PM
I think that the software creates a company celrun, removal bug may take up light years.:ack2:
Reporting amendments to opensat give nothing.

celrun+opensat=Az:9898:

:o21:

GOG
24-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Another quick point could we all compile a list maybe in a new section(without sarcastic comments or flaming) of the bugs(not a wish list for now) that exist and tick them off one by one when(if) fixed.

Regards

That's how to do it in a perfect world. Unfortunately some bugs reappear in newer firmwares, it's like playing Russian Roulette.

This box will never work as it's supposed to without external coders. OpenSat is bound to use Celrun's coders, and they're obviously not up to the task.

massimo1167
24-04-2010, 01:40 PM

Regards

this is a good idea that I fully endorse.
What we can do is organize ourselves to make our voices and demands heard .
We can create a list that highlights all the bugs with reporting and fixing date then operate the greatest possible pressure so that the list is taken into consideration.

buyukbang
24-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Hey,

I've an idea. Lets create a poll to select the most important bugs and move together to push opensat to fix them by replying same to the related bug threads in official forum ?

Agree ??

pback
24-04-2010, 02:44 PM
What confuses me is that the americans seems very happy with their Azboxes and says it's the best box they ever had?
That's BS..........nobody here is happy with the slow blindscan feature and high bitrate stutters. NA users are mainly feed hunters, may explain why we are a little non-plussed with everything else, doesn't mean we are all happy campers.

albaki77
25-04-2010, 07:15 AM
Hey,

I've an idea. Lets create a poll to select the most important bugs and move together to push opensat to fix them by replying same to the related bug threads in official forum ?

Agree ??

Spot on if the mods on this forum could make a sticky list and say if 10 members agreed on a bug it goes on the list and if 10 agree it is fixed it is removed.
It is just an idea to be more constructive and i am sure someone from opensat woul look at the list insead of looking through posts calling them usless C#=ts all the time.

Regards

A:respect-057:

cacul
25-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Look for this movie, shows how quickly strips the signal strength and quality.
Skipping is what this video shows, but whether azbox can be proud of when you change frequencies
in order to respond rapidly to show a signal ?

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2c9LK8vtsQ&feature=relatedWhy azbox bars showing signal uses small fragments of PNG files rather than, for example colour blue and orange.
I know that is not accelerated the rapid display of a signal but may be more accurate indicator.

What causes this state of affairs hardware or software? :o10: