PDA

View Full Version : please help with external hard drive

danndg
25-04-2010, 12:48 PM
please can anybody help me i have just fitted a lacie 500gb esata external drive to my dm. the problem i have is that when trying to play back a recorded program i get error message "no tags are set on these movies". i tried the same drive on my sons dm800 with exactly the same result. both boxes are running B H ver 11. i have be reading through the threads but cant find anything similar except possibly the thread re esata leads. i wondered if this might be the prob and if so what exact lead do i need. esata to sata, esata to esata etc. i would add that time shift works ok. thanks

loveman
25-04-2010, 06:34 PM
If time shift is working ok, then sounds like your box can read the hdd ok. Sounds like a problem i the way you've set up the boxes I would imagine. Silly question, but are you pressing the video button on the remote, rather than going to media player or something?!

danndg
25-04-2010, 07:24 PM
hi loveman thanks for reply, i would say i am a novice with the dm and have been learning as a go along with the help of this forum and decided to try to add an external drive for the first time and yes i did use the video button. i tried the media player as you suggested and the recording was in the file list, however from there i am lost again. i highlighted the film and hit green button and nothing happened. i then hit the ok button and the file went accross to the playlist so hit green button again nothing happened. am i doing something wrong, can you take me through the steps i need to do please thanks again

loveman
25-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Sorry, I don't use the media player, I use the video button, as you said doesn't work for you. One thing I did notice though, you said you are using bh 0.11. That's quite an old version of the image, and the dream-elite blackhole is now version 1.3, which is much faster, and in general better (in my opinion). So maybe could be worth doing an upgrade (using the clone images if you have a clone and it's suitable for the clone images?! Otherwise, if you have an original, there should be no problems :)). This at least would rule out the image as the problem. Make sure to take backups before doing this tho!