PDA

View Full Version : my first negative post

heathercar
29-04-2010, 08:24 AM
considering that this box is so expensive and ment to have the best hardware.

i havent seen any new things that you can do with this box since i bought it 3

months ago such as being able to do more things i know the cs is its prize but a a 90.00 diablo cam can open more on the public emu front .

i would like to be able to more with streaming live football from internet sites such as my p2p
this box is a bit lacking on media centre front .

i would like to put a freeiview hd tuner also an extra satellite tuner and a bluray drive i carnt blame dm for bluray as its not yet been fully hacked out for linux but the other things you would come to expect with such an expensive box while the dm 8000 is light years ahead in many other aspects
it could be better with other things

snakie
29-04-2010, 06:28 PM
The new tuners are ready and will be presented next week in Anga Fair.

heathercar
29-04-2010, 08:52 PM
The new tuners are ready and will be presented next week in Anga Fair.
they shoul have been ready long ago m8 it just not good enough for such an expensive box along with all the other things i have mentioned
very disapointing

sonic1
29-04-2010, 09:13 PM
they shoul have been ready long ago m8 it just not good enough for such an expensive box along with all the other things i have mentioned
very disapointing

Quite amazing really Heather, I think I would struggle to find anyone else who shares your opinion.

I think when you look what else is out there is it really that disappointing ?

I have had DM's for many years, 500, 7000, 7020, 800, 500hd and now a VU +Duo which is ok but just lacks a little something.

I know what the 8000 does and if I had known that when I was offered one at beta stage I would not now be regretting it.

I will certainly consider the next big release from DM, hopefully a SE like the 800 will follow next year.

snakie
29-04-2010, 09:36 PM
Normal dvb-t tuner can be taken from 7025 and be installed..
Dont think that DMM thinks only for UK customers and should be in a hurry to give out a T2 tuner ( cause i think this is what you are looking for ).

heathercar
29-04-2010, 09:42 PM
to be honest im looking for a lot than a t2 tuner im unhappy with the lack of general progresion with with box i havent seen anything new in 3 months

dubious
29-04-2010, 10:32 PM
.... i havent seen anything new in 3 months

You must have had your eyes closed then :)

The introduction of OE 1.6 is a big step forward IMO as it utilizes both cores of the CPU, that for example has enabled the Newnigma team to develop the DTS downmix plugin which requires that extra CPU power. I'm sure more interesting stuff will follow as a result of the increased CPU power.

The 8k does everything it supposed to do almost perfectly.

I'm still not clear about what you expect.

heathercar
29-04-2010, 10:41 PM
thaks

i didnt know there was a dts downmix plugin what image is that availbable on then i expect new things from an expensive box dts audio is a good start lets hope your right about new development but then thers always to sides to every argument

dubious
29-04-2010, 10:47 PM
Any OE 1.6 image.

See my post https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showpost.php?p=718238&postcount=77

heathercar
29-04-2010, 11:54 PM
ok i eat my words for now im the one who eats humble pie .

thanks for the info dubious i noe have dts audio on tv .

can you explain what you mean by av amp ? as i carnt get the dts audio to go through my surround sound system i have it conected via optical audio is there no support for that yet and does that mean i have to conect it up via scart lead from av output at the back of the dm 8000

dubious
30-04-2010, 12:01 AM
Av amp = surround sound system.

Yes there is support via optical, DTS pass through has been available for almost a year now.

To listen to pure DTS from your surround system, before you start the movie, go to the audio menu and set AC3 downmix to off, then start the movie.

heathercar
30-04-2010, 12:09 AM
not working for me m8 maybe its my surround sound i can only ge it to come through the tv

dubious
30-04-2010, 12:18 AM
Did DTS work ok before you installed this plugin ?

What image are you using ?

heathercar
30-04-2010, 12:48 AM
im using the oozoon image pos here by you https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showpost.php...8&postcount=77

and no dts audio did not work on my tv but it does now .

does it matter how i have my box connected to my surround sound ie shoul i use the scart output on dm or red and white
i have only tryed tv scart ouput upto now and optical audio with ac3 downmix turned off

dubious
30-04-2010, 12:57 AM
I mean did DTS work on your surround system via optical before you installed this plugin ?

If you want true DTS from your surround system then yes it must be connected by spdif optical or coaxial.

heathercar
30-04-2010, 01:06 AM
no it did not its never worked up untill now

i can only get it to workk through the tv now after installin rhe image from your post .

what oozoon image is that as i can not see it on oozoon .tv wrbsite

dubious
30-04-2010, 01:14 AM
Then you should try a different optical cable because even without this plugin you should still be able to get true DTS passed through to your surround system automatically assuming your surround system DOES support DTS.

Does your optical connection pass AC3 ok to your surround system ?

That image is oozoons experimental OE 1.6 not available on his normal download pages.

heathercar
30-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Then you should try a different optical cable because even without this plugin you should still be able to get true DTS passed through to your surround system automatically assuming your surround system DOES support DTS.

Does your optical connection pass AC3 ok to your surround system ?

That image is oozoons experimental OE 1.6 not available on his normal download pages.yes the ac3 passes through the spdif optical
and yes my sound system supports dts audio but can i get it to work ?
no i carnt typical thats all i can say well i suppose its early days and hopefully it will there might be bugs with this new dts plugin for certain players

snakie
30-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Err, why do you throw the ball to the plugin?
First you must find out if your AudioVisual Amplifier works properly,
even with a cheapo dvd player you can try out and see if all connections are ok.
Get a dvd containing AC3 and DTS and make some tests.

heathercar
30-04-2010, 01:23 PM
allready have pal and it works fine and the my sound system is not cheap it a pansonsonic blueray player i also pay 50.00 for my optical audio cable

what image are using this plugin on and have you got it to work through optical audio

heathercar
30-04-2010, 02:37 PM
ok there seems to be some problems with panosonic players being able to decode dts through optical audio

i am now playin avatar mkv which only has dts audio on.
i have ac3 downmix set to on on the dreambox and the audio is coming through both the optical audio from dm to my panosonic and through the dvi lead to tele

si i have finaly got it working but on my dm8000 i have to leave ac3 on when i want the dts audio from an mkv to go through optical audio av amp i wonder why that is dubious

heathercar
30-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Quite amazing really Heather, I think I would struggle to find anyone else who shares your opinion.

I think when you look what else is out there is it really that disappointing ?

I have had DM's for many years, 500, 7000, 7020, 800, 500hd and now a VU +Duo which is ok but just lacks a little something.

I know what the 8000 does and if I had known that when I was offered one at beta stage I would not now be regretting it.

I will certainly consider the next big release from DM, hopefully a SE like the 800 will follow next year. sorry i think my negative post has now turned into a positive i have just finished plaing avatar mkv at a 1080p 24
with dts audio through my surround sound system via optical audio .
i have to say that for all those people out there who are intent on saying that the picture quality on dm8000 is lacking you are quite clearly mistaken
i have spent 600.00 on a panosonic blueray player and for me the pq coming from the mkv is better than a bluray film going through my panosonic
so on that note i think the dm 8000 is worth its money

lets hope its not another 3 months for further develepment

dubious
30-04-2010, 05:37 PM
si i have finaly got it working but on my dm8000 i have to leave ac3 on when i want the dts audio from an mkv to go through optical audio av amp i wonder why that is dubious

With AC3 downmix on are you sure it's DTS going to your amp and not just downmixed stereo ?

And don't forget if mkv contains more than 1 audio track then you need to choose DTS.

Anyway new version here

What is new:
- fixed switching between different audio tracks
- fixed DTS-HD downmixing (not for m2ts yet)

heathercar
30-04-2010, 05:54 PM
no m8 i have my surround set to digital in which is what the optical audio leads goes
the sound only works with ac3 on and yes the mkv only has one audio track which is dts so i carnt see it being downmixed stereo

dubious
30-04-2010, 06:28 PM
With AC3 downmix on you must be sending stereo to amp not DTS, that's what AC3 downmix means. Is The DTS indicator lighting up on the front of your amp ?

heathercar
30-04-2010, 09:23 PM
well w2hta ever it is it sounds good anyway and at least i can now plat sound from mkv file which contain dts only thanks for the info dubious

heathercar
30-04-2010, 09:27 PM
originaly posted by dubious

Anyway new version here[/QUOTE]

do i need to anything befor installing this

dubious
30-04-2010, 10:15 PM
No, it will upgrade the previous version, best to reboot after though as here it also installed the audio sync plugin.

heathercar
30-04-2010, 11:10 PM
i have again be on forums and it seems all panosonic cannot decode dts through optical audio what sound system do you have or can you recomend one

dubious
01-05-2010, 08:09 AM
i have again be on forums and it seems all panosonic cannot decode dts through optical audio what sound system do you have or can you recomend one

Yes amazing, I just did a quick google search 'Panasonic DTS problems' and it threw up thousands of hits, alot of unhappy Panasonic owners it seems.

This is the problem with all-in-one solutions I guess.

I use an Onkyo AV amp, they have a wide range of spec and prices and is regarded as very good kit, I guess you have to consider if it's worth to you to change your kit just for DTS from your MKVs.

Doesn't your Panasonic allow the playing of files from USB or over the network ? My LG BD390 standalone Blu-ray player does, although I much prefer using the 8k and I just can't be bothered with my HTPC these days.

heathercar
01-05-2010, 09:19 AM
yes dubious they shouldnt be allowed to get away with it as they advetise dts on there boxes but fail to tell you in ther manuals that it is only for internal dvd only.

what model do you have m8 and does yours do what i want mine to do

dubious
01-05-2010, 10:15 AM
My Onkyo is discontinued now and I don't really want to be recommending any particular kit as it really should be a personal choice of features and spec you want at the price you are prepared to pay.

Having said that if I was looking to buy today I would be looking at something like the Onkyo HT-S5305 Home Theatre Package which, amongst other things has HDMI 1.4 which supports Blu-ray 3D (although I understand HDMI 1.3 will be ok too for 3D with limitations).

I will stress though I'm no Audiophile and don't get that excited about the audio side of things, I just want a flexible system with plenty of connections, supports all of the HD audio codecs with reasonable quality sound. Your requirements may different. Best to checkout AVforums.

heathercar
01-05-2010, 03:43 PM
looks a good spec box thanks for the advice

i hope its not to long for new things to come from dreambox

heathercar
16-07-2010, 08:47 PM
sorry guys but i have helf fire now for a further 2 months .

in my opinion i think this box as gone far as it will go i would of thought by now they would be further development with the new 1.6 .

i havent seen anything new for a while now have to say guys very disapointing

jimrare
16-07-2010, 09:40 PM
DTS downmix and usb dvb-t tuner support.

Whats on your wish list?

heathercar
18-07-2010, 12:43 AM
DTS downmix and usb dvb-t tuner support.

Whats on your wish list?sorry m8 but dts downmix is old news
as for the usb dvd-t tuner support hasnt the new batch of 160.00 cloned dm800 managed to do that also .

hmmm i wonder what plugin i will have to sacrefice to add the dvd-t support

jimrare
18-07-2010, 01:24 AM
sorry m8 but dts downmix is old news That was released end of April 2010! Usb dvb-t support was released end of April as well. They have done well during the last 2 months if you ask me. Maybe you are asking too much?

as for the usb dvd-t tuner support hasnt the new batch of 160.00 cloned dm800 managed to do that also Do you really believe that the clone business managed this? The developers are those who managed this, and whatever new development comes through the clones will almost always be able to use it.

You didn't tell us what is on your wish list?

snakie
18-07-2010, 01:54 AM
Maybe she needs a plugin to make the laundry for her ...

heathercar
19-07-2010, 02:42 PM
lets face it guys we have all been led up the garden path with this box on how great it is.
and we have all stuck up for the box but only because we have all payed alot of money for it which is why no one will want to admit that there happy with it.

its so easy to fool your self into thinking you have the best when you have payed more money than other poeple .

many members here even mods with dm clones and azboxes have pointed that the dm8000 isnt all what we want to believe it is .

Quailman
19-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Heathercar i really don´t see what your point is as the box does everything it says it can.

Watch TV: check
Watch media: check
Listen to music: check
EPG: check
Cams: check
PVR: check
Plus loads of other things

I believe thats why myself and others bought the box because it does what its says. Im not trying to justify the money but no one told me that it would do anything else, so anything else that does come along is a bonus.

jimrare
19-07-2010, 04:59 PM
I would be glad to exchange a clone + an azbox + free shipping for your dm8000

paul01609
19-07-2010, 05:46 PM
only problem i have and im not shure any one else is having the same problem is,i just got a nas drive and its hooked up to my network for watching avi files on my 8000 but when i pause it messes up the audio same as if i fast forward or rewind any one else have the same problem?

snakie
19-07-2010, 10:05 PM
heather, what do you still miss from the box and it doesnt justify the money you have spend?

kiza
19-07-2010, 10:50 PM
only problem i have and im not shure any one else is having the same problem is,i just got a nas drive and its hooked up to my network for watching avi files on my 8000 but when i pause it messes up the audio same as if i fast forward or rewind any one else have the same problem?

DM8000 is an excellent (the best) satellite receiver, but for movie watching I use Popcorn Hour PCH-110.You can not expect to have one box doing it all.

oldfart
20-07-2010, 11:19 AM

What image?
Is it wired network or WiFi?

heathercar
21-07-2010, 09:25 PM
I would be glad to exchange a clone + an azbox + free shipping for your dm8000

throw in a plugin to do my washing and youve got a deal

snakie
21-07-2010, 09:28 PM
u prefer it with usb connection? serial ? or wifi - lan?

aapaul
22-07-2010, 06:09 PM
hi why cant i play gstream avi file and i thinks mepg 4 doesnt play either.you pay near to £900 or more this is the best box i was told. i can see it .threre. no keys for it sorry there a thew keys.you cant put a blu ray dvd in it.and you got hunt for plug in for. will there be a image soon so you can play all avi file and all the other files and get all the plugs in .the buttom line it not worth the money. i was lucky dont pay a lot for mine.and now i got to pay out again for a free hd tuner. now so how much will that be lol. my all i used my box for is to watch films on it.download from my pc

ps exused my writing

snakie
22-07-2010, 06:28 PM
An mpeg4 file just says that is compressed using that algorithm.What codec is used on your files to have that compression? Find out that and then you can find the solution.
I could just write here no problem to play mpeg4 files but thats not a go.
And also you should read about the blue ray situation and standards and then come around to make such a post.
This post of you shows how little you read around.

Your post is like a have a bmw car that is running on fuels ( gasoline ), i put fuel(diesel) in it but dont want to start ...both considered to be fuel but not the same.

heathercar
22-07-2010, 07:13 PM
heather, what do you still miss from the box and it doesnt justify the money you have spend?

first thing i am unhappy about is whenever i try to stream standard defination channels to my laptop via vlc or other means the stream will cut out on my lapi.
this doesnt happen on my tm 9100 .
i dont like having muti images on the box so if i want the dvd burner plugin to work i have to go back to 2.7 oozoon image if i want dts downmix to work i have to goto a different image my dvd burne plugin stops working i have tryed to telnet it but still no joy..
i have tryed meoboot and others but i always have probs with important plugins.... i have swap file on.... but still probs ther also .

i have had te reset my sat positions so many times which is annoying.

now i know that satellite broadcast are broadcast at 720 p max and the most we can upscale to on the dm8000 is 1080i . but yet we can watch mkvs at 1080p ... i have read around about this and it could be possible to upscale a standard 720p broadcast or 1080i or whatever to 1080p on the the dm8000...
which is what many 200.00 300.00 boxes can do .. so why not the dm 8000.

surely for the price i shouldnt have to keep doing all these things

paul01609
22-07-2010, 09:50 PM
What image?
Is it wired network or WiFi?

Hi m8 I'm using nabilo12 and it's wired,when I fastforward it messes up the sound same as when I rewind notshure what the problem is.it's the first time I have tried playing avi files it

aapaul
22-07-2010, 10:06 PM
hi snakie .i've look around for cant found any codec.all the form it said file dont work.i got mkv file to work with no sound.the blu ray find any only saying its not hacked yet.back to the box for £900 there was no fan no hard driver and no dvd.there should of been a fan in it and a dvd player for the price. and the wireless is only 54mbp it should of n 200 mbp .all you are paying for is the name dreambox. in the old day these box where the best now there are so many boxes out there that do the same thing and some boxes open have channels that the dreambox cant open yet.

oldfart
22-07-2010, 10:44 PM
avi files are 'wrappers' and can contain a mutlitude of encoded file codecs.
I tend to use kkv (higher quality normally) and have no problems on wired network running OoZooN when streaming from a PC running windowsXP

jimrare
first thing i am unhappy about is whenever i try to stream standard defination channels to my laptop via vlc or other means the stream will cut out on my lapi.
This not a dreambox problem. How is your laptop connected to your network? Tell us more about your network setup, routers, laptops, boxes and how they are connected to each other, wireless, wired, something else.

i dont like having muti images on the box so if i want the dvd burner plugin to work i have to go back to 2.7 oozoon image if i want dts downmix to work i have to goto a different image my dvd burne plugin stops working i have tryed to telnet it but still no joy..
i have tryed meoboot and others but i always have probs with important plugins.... i have swap file on.... but still probs ther also You seem confused, you are talking about different things all in once, meoboot, plugins, swap files. First of all find an updated image that supports the plugins you want to use. Don't try to use some old plugin with a new image or vice versa, look at snakies post with the gasoline-diesel example.

i have had te reset my sat positions so many times which is annoying.Are you getting any crashes?

now i know that satellite broadcast are broadcast at 720 p max and the most we can upscale to on the dm8000 is 1080i . but yet we can watch mkvs at 1080p ... i have read around about this and it could be possible to upscale a standard 720p broadcast or 1080i or whatever to 1080p on the the dm8000...
which is what many 200.00 300.00 boxes can do .. so why not the dm 8000.Why do you want to upscale a 720p broadcast when the quality will still remain 720p? Whatever you do, even if you manage to upscale it to 50000000p the quality will be the same. Think of image quality as the amount of water you can put in a glass. If you put that amount of water in a bucket, you will still have the same water to drink, the only thing that changed is the bucket size! The only way to make thing better is by putting more water into it, in other words ONLY THE PROVIDERS can add that extra quality.

surely for the price i shouldnt have to keep doing all these thingsThe opposite, cheap boxes are plug and play. Can you wonder why everyone is trying to port e2 to their boxes or why dreambox is hit by the clone market so much? Also remember that you can pimp up your Fiat but it will never work as a lamborghini.

heathercar
hi snakie .i've look around for cant found any codec.all the form it said file dont work.i got mkv file to work with no sound.the blu ray find any only saying its not hacked yet.back to the box for £900 there was no fan no hard driver and no dvd.there should of been a fan in it and a dvd player for the price. and the wireless is only 54mbp it should of n 200 mbp .all you are paying for is the name dreambox. in the old day these box where the best now there are so many boxes out there that do the same thing and some boxes open have channels that the dreambox cant open yet.you can get the mkvs to play alongside the dts audio mix but mostly only on 1.6 images .
there are help topics here explaining how.
when i switch to a 1.6 it messes other plugins up but as far as im aware the 1.6 is still in experimental no stable version to date.
but even the stable versions of 1.5 all have there problems with one thing or another .
which is my point entirely that is why i am unhappy about the development of the software on this box .
which many poeple have justified why this box is so expensive ? quote> dreambox put a lot development into this box hence the price ....
sorry but just not good enough.

heathercar
22-07-2010, 10:57 PM
jimrare i am not in least bit confused about the box when i go on about meoboot swap files telnet etc and all the rest of it they are all the differnet things i have tryed to sought the problems out...... so i dont have to switch to a different image all the time.

i was just simply mentioning them befor someone else trys to tell me to try it.
and i have tryed all the images new and old and i do have to switch to older version to get the dam plugins to work .

as for the network on streaming m8 there is no probs with the network it did work ok at first i carnt remember what image it was on but it was many moons ago.

its been the same with evey box ive had software problems maybe or atleast i am putting it down to that maybe its hardware too....
i was hoping for to much when i bought my pimped up e2 fiat and got fooled into thinking it was a lambergini

theres many things i love about this box jimrare but its not a lambergini m8 just another dreambox with welcome to my dreambox nithmares written all over it

jimrare
22-07-2010, 10:58 PM
i've look around for cant found any codec._http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/enall

the blu ray find any only saying its not hacked yet.back to the box for £900 there was no fan no hard driver and no dvd.there should of been a fan in it and a dvd player for the price. My stupid box won't make me coffee. For that price it should be making me coffee.

and the wireless is only 54mbp it should of n 200 mbp_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11 If you discover some new wireless protocol, feel free to report it

all you are paying for is the name dreambox. in the old day these box where the best now there are so many boxes out there that do the same thing and some boxes open have channels that the dreambox cant open yet.You must be very gullible if someone convinced you to spend all that money for a box that you have no idea how it works.

As snakie said, spend some time reading before making such posts.

jimrare
22-07-2010, 11:03 PM
and i have tryed all the images new and old and i do have to switch to older version to get the dam plugins to work . Before switching to different images, do something more simple, choose what plugins you want to use and then see if the image you are trying to use is compatible with the plugin. Plugin authors don't always update them for newer images.

as for the network on streaming m8 there is no probs with the network it did work ok at first i carnt remember what image it was on but it was many moons ago.Which means that your box can definitely stream (i can assure you that) . Have you changed something with your settings? You didn't tell us about your network setup, without this information no-one can help you identify your problem.

jimrare
22-07-2010, 11:12 PM
its been the same with evey box ive had software problems maybe i was hoping for to much when i bought my pimped up e2 fiat and got fooled into thinking it was a lamberginiThere is a difference between software problems and user problems. Its like complaining that your lamborghini doors are broken because they are opening vertically.

Plessy
22-07-2010, 11:33 PM
There is a difference between software problems and user problems. Its like complaining that your lamborghini doors are broken because they are opening vertically.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Excellent Reading Jim and very precise and informative.:respect-062:

Problem Was He Bought a "Fix It Again Tomorrow" in the first place.....:rofl:

How ever its a good banter about a box that I cant afford.....!:cheers2:

me reckons though that there are some who cannot be satisfied no matter what......

Plessy :respect-051:

jimrare
22-07-2010, 11:44 PM
I don't own it either, I also think that the price is crazy and I certainly don't need 4 tuners. But i have tested it (among with many other receivers) and set it up for a few friends.

heathercar
22-07-2010, 11:51 PM
There is a difference between software problems and user problems. Its like complaining that your lamborghini doors are broken because they are opening vertically.
definately not user problems m8 ... i dont tell my dm8000 to lose satellite stored positions ..

i

heathercar
22-07-2010, 11:54 PM
as for the plugin compatibiliy you should know yourself by now that even the images that say they are compatible the box still crashes .

Plessy
23-07-2010, 12:02 AM
[QUOTE=jimrare;738014]I don't own it either, I also think that the price is crazy and I certainly don't need 4 tuners.
Jaesus !

I can barely understand the characteristics of the first tuner. Not to mention" four" to "further" complicate the issue..... lol.:sifone:

Plessy.

heathercar
23-07-2010, 12:16 AM

Excellent Reading Jim and very precise and informative.:respect-062:

Problem Was He Bought a "Fix It Again Tomorrow" in the first place.....:rofl:

How ever its a good banter about a box that I cant afford.....!:cheers2:

me reckons though that there are some who cannot be satisfied no matter what......

Plessy :respect-051:so i should satisfied with paying 900.00 and having the probs im having with my box
and please dont tell me its user related because its not

Plessy
23-07-2010, 12:19 AM
as for the plugin compatibiliy you should know yourself by now that even the images that say they are compatible the box still crashes .

---------------------------------------------------------------
Are you trying to fine tuning you needs to more of a Commercial Market ?

Plessy
23-07-2010, 12:57 AM
so i should satisfied with paying 900.00 and having the probs im having with my box
and please dont tell me its user related because its not

What you Spend on you kit !

Is entirely up to you, but Don't Think for one moment that By Spending More from you wallet gives you More entitlement....

I am not taking any sides on this thread, but just to say
The support your getting for a box you don't Fully Understand seems to be Out Standing....

Can indeed be daunting at times.... And I am NO EXPERT Either, but maybe you should have bought a "Technomate" !:respect-059:

Even Worse ! Get A Mortgage, Noose, Or Wife around the Neck !:18:

Problem Solved !

Early Grave :)

Plessy.

Plessy
23-07-2010, 01:08 AM
considering that this box is so expensive and ment to have the best hardware other things you would come to expect with such an expensive box while the dm 8000 is light years ahead in many other aspects
it could be better with other things

I'm Still Waiting for the Hover Boards and Cars that Fly in the Sky !

Or in today's Terms "Ghost Rider" lol......:confused:

Sorry if I spoilt the Argument Folk's !

Think I'll invest in a Six Way DeSeq switch to further complicate the issue of my humble setup.....

snakie
23-07-2010, 03:40 AM
Six way? why dont get a 10 or 12 or 16 :p that will help you to discover diseqc1.1 and what not to do with it.... :P

jimrare
23-07-2010, 08:03 AM
definately not user problems m8 ... i dont tell my dm8000 to lose satellite stored positions ..

iIt is user problems if you don't know how to set it up.

10 posts after and you still haven't told us if you get crashes, what plugins you want to use and your network setup. Do you want to solve your problems or not? Open a new thread if you want to get help.

heathercar
23-07-2010, 11:03 AM
It is user problems if you don't know how to set it up.

10 posts after and you still haven't told us if you get crashes, what plugins you want to use and your network setup. Do you want to solve your problems or not? Open a new thread if you want to get help.

i dont think i can solve them i have never lost sat stored positions befor and i havent messed with them i have been on oozoon for months and never had a problem until recently ... jim i know how to set them up....

i would like an image that will let me do both dts downmix for my mkvs and be able to use the dvd burner plugin without any probs but the box just crashes when i i try to use the dvd burner plugin

heathercar
23-07-2010, 11:05 AM
Are you trying to fine tuning you needs to more of a Commercial Market ?

i dont understand this question plessy ??

crabber
23-07-2010, 11:48 AM
I don't want to sound like a DMM fan boy and my opinion is that they are ridiculously overpriced considering there is no HDD, DVD or even a fan included in the price.
However I have owned an original 8000 since they were released and have just set up a clone 8000 for a friend.
I think it may be how you use it and what you expect from the box that makes a difference. I use a dream elite images in the flash and have tested a couple of others using meoboot.
I can honestly say that the few plugins I use have never caused a problem. I use USALS (I cant understand why anyone wouldn't) and so there is no need to store satellite positions so cant comment on that either.
My experience with all dreamboxes is that the software usually just works, my 8000 is used as a server and in our winter I was abroad for four months. During this time it sat on standby, working without a single crash or reboot.

jimrare
23-07-2010, 03:51 PM
i dont think i can solve them i have never lost sat stored positions befor and i havent messed with them i have been on oozoon for months and never had a problem until recently ... jim i know how to set them up....So your expensive box is able to store sat positions but now something happened and it won;t let you. If something failed in your box you wouldn't be able to store your sat positions forever, which isn't the case.

i would like an image that will let me do both dts downmix for my mkvs and be able to use the dvd burner plugin without any probs but the box just crashes when i i try to use the dvd burner pluginI just read reports on the official black hole and gemini forums that these plugins are working. Have you tried these images? There is also a crash log, read it and find out why your box crashes. You might have installed some uncompatible plugin that has messed up your dvd-burn libraries.

heathercar
23-07-2010, 04:17 PM
ill give them a try jim once again hopefully it will do the job .

jimrare
23-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Before you try the new images, read the crash logs and tell us why your box was crashing, the usual cuase of crashes is using old plugins with new images or vice versa. Remeber the petrol-gasoline example.

heathercar
23-07-2010, 07:03 PM
jim to late im well aware of old plugins being incompatible as i have well experianced them but usefull info for newer members thanks again .

jimrare
23-07-2010, 07:24 PM
Still nothing on that crash log? Still nothing on your network setup?

heathercar
23-07-2010, 07:48 PM
i was going to pos you a crash log but forgot as i took your advice to install the new black hole image. posted here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=136191

i have tryed to install the dts downmix plugin posted here
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showpost.php?p=718238&postcount=77
it will not install im not sure if there is another one i could try

Quailman
23-07-2010, 07:53 PM

i

Have you tried either a re set on your motor or Goto 0 in the positioner setup.

heathercar
23-07-2010, 07:58 PM

hi quailman playing about with plugins at the moment on different image
at the mo trying to install a dts downmix plugin for the new blachole image

ill try later thanks

jimrare
23-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Installing a newenigma plugin to a dream elite image might not always work. Different images use different libraries and have also different dependencies. Try the dreamelite addons server from your remote and see if the plugin is available for download.

Always try their addons server first, if you can't find what you want visit their website. Installing a plugin for a different image could overwrite some critical file which might cause crashes.

jimrare
23-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Update

I saw this posted by a dream elite admin.
-------------------------------------------------
To try again.I cannot test but installation I have test and is OK

1.Run ones Genuine Dreambox plugin
2. install ipk libdca0....
3. install ipk enigma2-plugin-extensions-audiosync_experimental...
4. install ipk gst-plugin-dvbmediasink...
5. install ipk dreamdts...
6.Reboot image

Test

All ipk files you can find in my ZIP
Install ipk files one by one taking into account the order of installation
copy to /tmp install with green****yellow****Manual Install Ipk packges
Reboot dreambox

Audio Selection you have to make with Audio Button.
Inside ZIP is Audiosync plugin working very good
if you have audiosync problems.
You can adjust audio in Audio menu /audio button.

jimrare
23-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Check again this link, you might find some useful info.
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=136191 (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?p=738129#post73812 9)

heathercar
23-07-2010, 08:23 PM
please ignore my last post got the dts plugin to work now forgot to install the the audio snyc plugin and another.

anyways at last my sat positions seem to back to normal all i did was restore my settings from a back up witch was what i tryed on my previous image .

i can comfirm that both my dts plugin and dvd burner are working fine.

im very happy now and ill try not to moan for another 2 months thanks jim

i love my dreambox once again

jimrare
23-07-2010, 08:39 PM
i can comfirm that both my dts plugin and dvd burner are working fine.

im very happy now and ill try not to moan for another 2 months thanks jim

i love my dreambox once again
Glad you got your problems sorted. You mentioned some streaming issues at a previous post. If you still have them post back and we might find a solution.

heathercar
23-07-2010, 08:45 PM
i will post back but even better news than that m8.
up to now i have never been able to get true dts through the dts input on my panosonic sound system from an external source only converted dts to downmix ac3 through the the scart input. well its working i am now getting sound from the dts output on my dm8000
into the dts input on my panosonic. fantastic chuffed to bits.

crabber
23-07-2010, 08:56 PM
I am pleased things are looking better, and I am sorry to bring this up but are you using the latest dream elite image 1.3.3B which I uploaded?
If so does you hard drive work properly? I had to revert to the previous image called version 1.3C (yes this confused me as well!) as my HDD would run for no apparent reason. I have asked questions on dream elite forum but no answer so maybe it is just my setup.

heathercar
23-07-2010, 09:05 PM
I am pleased things are looking better, and I am sorry to bring this up but are you using the latest dream elite image 1.3.3B which I uploaded?
If so does you hard drive work properly? I had to revert to the previous image called version 1.3C (yes this confused me as well!) as my HDD would run for no apparent reason. I have asked questions on dream elite forum but no answer so maybe it is just my setup.

yes m8 i am using the new one you uploaded i am watching avitar mkv at the moment and im wired for sound baby oh yeah .

no seriously no probs at all with the hard drive

crabber
23-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Thanks, looks like it may possibly be some quirk with my hardware. I couldn't get the hard drive to standby for long before it would start spinning without anything writing to it.

heathercar
23-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Thanks, looks like it may possibly be some quirk with my hardware. I couldn't get the hard drive to standby for long before it would start spinning without anything writing to it.

have you tryed setting your hard drive to go into standby as quickly as poss

i had problems with a western digital hard drive 1 gig the dm8000 kept crashing

i changed it for a seagate 500 gig and everything was fine after that

crabber
23-07-2010, 09:39 PM
Yes I have tried all different settings but unfortunately they don't make any difference, if I manually set the HDD to standby it will stop but then start again shortly afterwards!
I have read of other people having the same trouble with an 800 using this latest image but again no remedy.
This is a shame as I like dream elite images and have always found them the best for my needs. However Gemini 5.1 and LT SP4 have been released now so I may give them a try when I get time.

heathercar
23-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Yes I have tried all different settings but unfortunately they don't make any difference, if I manually set the HDD to standby it will stop but then start again shortly afterwards!
I have read of other people having the same trouble with an 800 using this latest image but again no remedy.
This is a shame as I like dream elite images and have always found them the best for my needs. However Gemini 5.1 and LT SP4 have been released now so I may give them a try when I get time.

it may b dow to a compatibility issue with the hard drive have you tryed to do a reformat on the hard drive from a pc a full reformat will take some time but can be well worth it.

when i had the problems with the western digital it was brand new .
i have had simalar probs like you befor and a reformat from a pc did the trick:respect-050: took me while to copie all the films first though

Plessy
23-07-2010, 11:25 PM
Six way? why dont get a 10 or 12 or 16 :p that will help you to discover diseqc1.1 and what not to do with it.... :P
----------------------------------------------------------------

Four Dishes outside the Kitchen are enough for the Moment ! Never Mind Adding More LNB's and the Strings attached to make it look like a Spiders Pent House :-)

i dont understand this question plessy ??

No Worries heathecar:king-042:
Just read you got it Purring Like a Dream......

Well for a minute there, and please excuse my crap phrasing, but I was curious if you were trying to make some one ELSE happy to full fill a commercial contract....
Obviously Not !:blush5:

Would have never considered it And Hugely Important.....

up to now i have never been able to get true dts through the dts input on my panosonic sound system from an external source only converted dts to downmix ac3 through the the scart input. well its working i am now getting sound from the dts output on my dm8000
You Jammy ******* You ! lol

Crabber ?
Just Curious ?
You berthed Far or Fore from this Island ?

I Think a round of virtuall of Brandy's is well accepted... lol

:respect-applause-00

Another Happy Costumer.:king-041:

heathercar
23-07-2010, 11:47 PM
originaly posted by plessy

Originally Posted by heathercar

You Jammy ******* You ! lol

yes good use for all the people who have never been able to play true dts audio from an external device who have been fooled bigtime looks like panosonic are getting there just deserts ha nice one dreambox.

originaly posted by jim rare

Glad you got your problems sorted. You mentioned some streaming issues at a previous post. If you still have them post back and we might find a solution.

streaming also seems to be fine now very strange i havent changed any settings jim rare i just restored my syste, setings from a back up.

i never flashed my new image wirlessy this time i flashed via my lapi connect vvia ethernet cable .... not sure but maybe this is where problem lies maybe previous images arnt flashing across properly via wireless ..... its always something simple isnt it ..... still lessons to be learnt here .... i normally try to resolve the problem befor shooting the messenger in the foot but this time i put diesel in a petrol tank.... so hello lambergini and goodbye pimped up fiat lol

originaly posted by craber

If so does you hard drive work properly? I had to revert to the previous image called version 1.3C (yes this confused me as well!) as my HDD would run for no apparent reason. I have asked questions on dream elite forum but no answer so maybe it is just my setup

i have now tested the hard drive for some time it switches its self of every time after 1 min and doesnt start back up

heathercar
24-07-2010, 02:10 AM
With AC3 downmix on you must be sending stereo to amp not DTS, that's what AC3 downmix means. Is The DTS indicator lighting up on the front of your amp ?

hi dubious never thought i would see the the day i have ac3 downmix set to off and i am getting dts sound via optical audio lead from my mkvs on my panosonic via my dm so i must be getting true dts right it sounds a whole lot better cheers m8 pq seems to have improved also

ps sorry for editing my post all the time but i keep missing words out

jimrare
24-07-2010, 10:23 AM
streaming also seems to be fine now very strange i havent changed any settings jim rare i just restored my syste, setings from a back up.What do you mean you restored system settings? There are no settings needed to stream from your dreambox to your pc. You simply enter the web interface and click on a link to stream.

What kind of settings did you restore and how? If its channel settings, inadyn settings, cccam configs there is no problem , but if you backed up plugins, skins, you might get some problems.

heathercar
24-07-2010, 11:35 AM
the settings you put into network adapter settings can all be backed up .

thats all i did i just restored all my sytem settings from a back up. didny you say earlier my settings must be wrong on previous image .

im no expert jim

heathercar
24-07-2010, 11:49 AM
im not having any probs upto now but when you do a backup of your system settings
this doestn back plugins or skins does it ???

i wont be changing this image now and i wont do any updates unless we can play true bluray files from the hard drive one day

jimrare
24-07-2010, 12:47 PM
the settings you put into network adapter settings can all be backed up .How did you do that, using what program?

thats all i did i just restored all my sytem settings from a back up. didny you say earlier my settings must be wrong on previous image .

im no expert jimIt depends on which settings you are referring to, channel settings, inadyn settings, cccam settings, swap file settings, positioner settings, network settings, automount settings, plugin settings and the list goes on. Now which settings did you backup? Thats why i am asking how you backed them up, in order to see if you have backed up any wrong settings which might cause you problems.

I was talking about your network setup, how your dreambox is connected to your router, your laptop, using a cable or wirelessly. Wireless connections if not configured properly can cause problems.

paul01609
24-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Any one know of a fix for the problems I'm having with rewinding and fast forwarding when playing avi files using nabilo12 image?

heathercar
24-07-2010, 02:46 PM
hi jim i know you was trying to help no probs

ok jim this is how i backup my settings after i have set everything from network adapter settings to stored satellites to hard disc setting to av settings . witch i havent changed for many moons i go into software managment then backup system setting to my hd . the backup i did to begin with was befor i touched any of the plugin setting or any other....... the backup is only of the settings i have mentioned above

every time i have flashed a new image i then go into software management and choose the option for restore system settings or i do it from first boot as new images give you that option now its the same thing.

which meens i dont have to re apply my adapter network settings or satellte stored positions or my channel lists which i have manually tuned and can take quite some time...
as i find some channel list do strange things to the box and i dont touch them

as for what other setting it backs up this way i dont know if it backs up plugin settings or other you have mentioned m8 .... it backs up hard disc sttings also witch may be usefull to other member here .

i have my dreambox connected to my router via ethernet cable as i dont use wirless from the box

to crabber try flashing back to the older image set your hard disc settings then do a back up and then flash the newer image and restore your systems setting from back up
the sam way i have explained here dont use any channel lists when you flas back and manually tune all your satellites and then backup after you have tuned and set hard disc and set adapter and av settings. as soon as you have flashed the newer image it should give you the option straight away to restore system settings

heathercar
24-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Any one know of a fix for the problems I'm having with rewinding and fast forwarding when playing avi files using nabilo12 image?

i dont know of one yet i just use the numbers on the rmote control keypad

heathercar
24-07-2010, 04:27 PM
just a thought but the settings i have backed up are from an oozoon stable 2.7 image full.
maybe this where a lot of software glicthes happen with new images as i am not having the same probs as crabber is

crabber
24-07-2010, 05:42 PM
I have found more info about HDD issues with the latest Dream Elite images, in fact I think there is a thread on here in the VU section as it affects them as well.
Apparently if another memory is used in addition to the hard drive a hash is put in front of this line "/dev/sda1 /media/hdd auto defaults 0 0" in fstab file in etc.
The hard drive can be formatted OK without the # but needs it removed to map the drive correctly.
Anyway this is an image problem which I am sure will be corrected.

heathercar
24-07-2010, 05:47 PM
glad you got it soughted crabber i dont have extra memory so im ok

heathercar
25-07-2010, 12:02 AM
just been watching inside man on itv hd i had terrible ghosting effects and poor pq and shadows so i now just switched back to oozoon and there not there carnt believe it
back to frigging sware 1 again should remembered i had there probs with blachole befor

heathercar
25-07-2010, 01:38 PM
i had never checked the standard defination channel or itv hd until last night.

i have to say compared to oozoon or other images there something very wrong there.

i have now switch to the new gemini image agiainst my better wishes but piture quality on channels is the same and what i have been used to
and best of all my favorite plugins work too hooraaa

does anyone know of an auto resolution plugin for the new gemini image i carnt get 1080 p on my mkvs i have been on numerous sites and carnt find any info

crabber
25-07-2010, 04:28 PM
This is turning into quite a long thread now! I am curious about your picture quality on ITV HD with dream elite image. I have checked mine, there are four HD channels, two are FTA and two need a Sky FTV card to clear them.
I am using dream elite 1.3C and they all look OK to me atm although an old Poirot program is on so probably not a good test.
Strangely not all channels are 1920X1080 some are only 1440x1080 so I am wondering which ones you are seeing?

heathercar
25-07-2010, 04:43 PM
This is turning into quite a long thread now! I am curious about your picture quality on ITV HD with dream elite image. I have checked mine, there are four HD channels, two are FTA and two need a Sky FTV card to clear them.
I am using dream elite 1.3C and they all look OK to me atm although an old Poirot program is on so probably not a good test.
Strangely not all channels are 1920X1080 some are only 1440x1080 so I am wondering which ones you are seeing?

hi m8 i was really happy with your image you uploaded that was until i checked the standard definition channels and itv hd .

the picture quality coming from them are apauling compared to oozon and gemini i did try all the obvious first picture format signal strenths etc as i really didnt want to change to gemini i have tryed again to day on the dream elite as i have a couple of annoy litttle quirks on the gemini but same results not as bad as last night but still bad compare to oozon and gemin .
picture quality just lacks sharpness. doesnt matter if they are 1920 or 1440 still a diffence betweent the images

i carnt get my laptop to see the hard drive on my dm with gemini 5.1 only if i use an fftp program can i .... no such probs on other images

i am watching inspecter quoroi right now and i just tryed it on dream elite half an hour ago huge differenc in pq on gemini to black hole

i dont know weather the new gemini image autimaticaly throws mkvs out at 1080p odviously providing they are in that format or weather you need a plugin

no such probs on other images its a real dilema for me.

looks like im going to have to use meoboot but i really dont want to

jimrare
26-07-2010, 05:15 PM
i had terrible ghosting effects and poor pq and shadows so i now just switched back to oozoon and there not there carnt believe it
back to frigging sware 1 again should remembered i had there probs with blachole beforPq has to do with drivers not with images. The drivers that different teams use, are made by dream-multimedia which means that you will get the same pq as long as the drivers have the same dates. Which oozoon are you using?

jimrare
26-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Also if there was some kind of problem with the drivers you would see a big list of users complaining about poor pq and shadowing and you would get it all the time, not only once. I just visited the official bug report forum and I couldn't see anyone complaining about what you are talking about.

heathercar
26-07-2010, 08:25 PM
jimrare i dont post coments that are untrue maybe i have some hardware problem

i have to day reflashed and started from fresh

i have followed your instruction down to a tee i now have three images all the newest ones dreamelite oozoon and gemini .

please tell me if i have done anthing wrong

i started of by putting the new dream elite into the flash i installed the images and did not do any backup of setting from old images . i set everything up from scratch.
i then installed and mapped my devices and then installed meoboot to usb.
i then did a backup of the system settings

i then installed gemini from meoboot....
on initial first boot of gemini its asks the question do want to restore your system settings (the only backup of system settings i have on hdd now are from my new dreamelite image) .

i have used this backup of system settings to restore my settings on all images now is that wrong or right .

since doing this i am now happy with the pq coming from the standard def on the dream elite image but the other night it was pretty dam orful

jimrare
26-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Why do you want meoboot? Stick to one image. You said you got ghosting effects on itv, has it happened again? Does it happen to other channels as well? Have you checked your cabling? You also told us about seeing differences in pq half an hour after, once you had installed a newer image. Newer images use almost the same experimental oe1.6 drivers and the only difference between these drivers are small bugs and glitches which have nothing to do with video decoding handling. In other words 10 different users will have 10 different opinions over pq although the drivers are the same. If you think your drivers are outdated, use gemini 5.1 which was released a week ago or you could even update manually to latest drivers.

If you had a hardware problem, then you would be getting ghosting effects with ALL images.

heathercar
26-07-2010, 08:44 PM
ok jim thanks for the advice

oldfart
26-07-2010, 09:01 PM
heathercar
you say you have been having problems
could be lack of memory
do you normally set up a swapfile before anything else?

heathercar
27-07-2010, 12:52 AM
why am i using meoboot

1 i carnt get my laptop to see the dm8000 hard drive in gemini

2 dts downmix plugin with ac3 downmix set to of will only come through my panosonic in the new dream elite image

3 i like the oozoon image... for me has the best pq.... everbodies opinion may differ on this (just my humble opinion)

4 the meoboot plugin is there to be used