PDA

View Full Version : Spiderbox - My personal review

manic01
02-05-2010, 12:26 AM
Spiderbox 9000HD
Smart packaging, but that means nothing so I continue.
Remote looks good but that means nothing so I continue on lol
Ok took me 10 mins to set up and activate the gift, loaded everything via usb stick ie channel list/patches/softcams etc.
It auto sets up really no skill involved, finds your ip etc.
I ran the gift for a good few hrs and super reliable.
Used the Home streaming tool and great, can access my films on pc from spiderbox and it's works 100%
Used the timeshift and it works 100%
Used the pvr and records 100%
played avi's straight from usb and worked great.
No lipsync issues when on channels either.
Remote control can be programmed to use other devices ie dvd/tv/vcr etc. Works my tv perfect.
Back up channels and sw image via usb works 100%
You can manually enter shares via remote or text file via usb.
Tried n line from mate work 100%
Tried c lines from mates on cccam 211/212/213 and worked glitch free 100%
Tried c line on cccam 214 and glitched non stop. Darkman says team are working on this.

Picture quality fantastic.
can be rebooted in secs superfast!
This box looks smart, is easy to use.
One gift package is dearer than this receiver.

Just to add, it has rf in/out 2 scarts/hdmi etc 1 card slot and 2 cam slots.

The only downside to this receiver is the channel editor needs improving, But Darkman states the team are working on that.

Well I am glad I have tried this receiver, big thanks to DARKMAN for giving me the opportunity to try it.
I have now removed my TM600 from under the telly and this has taken it's place.
If as Darkman has said they can make Spiderbox server as well you have the total package in this receiver.

Value for money with gift 11 out of 10!
Value for money without gift 10 out of 10!

So far I cannot speak more highly of this receiver, I have left review for a few days before posting as wanted to be 100% sure it was as good as my first impressions were and it is!

This receiver is excellent bit of kit.

If you want a top quality HD receiver with card slots/cam slots pvr etc and capable of receiving shares then this receiver is a bargaiin at the price.
With the gift packages built in as well for 12 months you cannot go wrong.

Just to add, Bulsat and canal digitaal clears via softacm and not gift on these receivers. Go and buy one now! you won't regret it.

tr8.
03-05-2010, 10:14 AM
I would second all thats above, even my wife and kids can use it easily and that is not so true of my tm9100 if it plays up.

Tmull
03-05-2010, 10:25 AM
And whats the betting that some begruger will come on and find a fault.TMULL

tigertimtim
03-05-2010, 01:25 PM
other recievers can open iredto as well

anyone else getting sick of this constant advertising?
its like some sort of cult!

grizzlyt
03-05-2010, 02:00 PM
Yeah, cheap advertising for a cheap box.

Please don't fool the people.

Exxxklusive
03-05-2010, 02:25 PM

If you feel you're being fooled, why don't you state what isn't true about the above review?...
Better still, why don't you do a review yourself & see if you can find any faults or things that don't work that the receiver claims it can do?...
After all, opinion without foundation or reason doesn't speak very loud...

I don't like Marmite, the smell of paint or that bloody 'go compare' advert, but unless i choke on Marmite, become ill from the smell of paint or get ripped off from using the insurance review company, i don't really have any REAL complaint do i...:cool:

sonic1
03-05-2010, 02:32 PM
I have a couple of family members who could do with an HD box instead of the clone 500s they currently use.

Looks like this is the obvious choice.

Please keep the reviews coming please. Good and Bad :D

spunky
03-05-2010, 02:41 PM
The only thing wrong with the Spiderbox is the cheap price. and the 4 letter word ? call it a present, call it buy one get one free, call it £30, call it what the fook yer want, but its still a great box. sponsors GW & DM want to sell sat boxes to put food on the table for the family and keep the forum going, nothing wrong with that,

Some more Cheap Advertising From Me Guys, The Spiders A Great Box Support Your Forum Sponsor To Keep Your Forum Going, We Would Not Be Here Without Them, just blank screen. ?

tigertimtim
03-05-2010, 02:47 PM
it'll all end in tears 12 months down the line when "gift" runs out

what happened to all the super support the Darkbox was going to get?

echelon
03-05-2010, 02:57 PM

I think you are missing the point here m8

even if the gift runs out and isnt renewed or extended , the box can still be used for fta channels , and if you added a C line or an N line of your own you can do as you please with it. they even sell it without the gift for exactly those purposes

although the gift is useful , its an addition , an extra , and the box is still good value and can function without it just as easily as it can with it

the box is not a doorstop after 12 months , so do not imply it is , and as nobody can predict the future then I would refrain from trying to tell it , and dont make accusations that cannot be substantiated or refuted until may 2011

it should also be noted that this is the spiderbox discussion forum , so that is why it is reasonable to discuss it in here

darkbox discussions should be made in the darkbox discussion forum here

BRUTUS
03-05-2010, 02:58 PM

What are you talking about? Fool people? Why and how?
A great box was born and people are reporting their feedback, what is wrong with that? why can you just buy one and enjoy your free channels, thousands and thousands channels PLUS HD channels...
For once we don't have to get Box + cams+ cards etc...just one box and we have them all...Be greatful!
I know you are a junior member here, so please respect other people point of view, ok?:smash:
Thanks
BRUTUS

BRUTUS
03-05-2010, 03:05 PM

Yes, you are definitely missing the point here, do you know how much it cost for C+ (on 19, 13 1w etc..) all together for 12 months?
Do your addition and tell me how much you will get out of the box in 12 months compare to how much you will have to pay to watch all these channels...so even IF after 12 months there is no gift, you will have enjoyed it for 12 months and that is nothing to compare...
Beside (and as Echelon said) there so much you can do with it , one line of cccam can open all the packages, (we don't discuss that here though...) so please stop talking about gift after 12 months...

dcselec
03-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Its all quite simple if you dont like it
dont buy one. your loss not mine.

Dave

terry l
03-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Good bit of kit for the price..
Not perfect but getting better..
Havn't tried the ccam function yet[get round to it one day with a bit of luck].. lol..

echelon
03-05-2010, 03:45 PM
this is the spiderbox section where these things can and will be discussed

if anyone does not like these discussions taking place in here , THEN STAY OUT OF THIS SECTION !!

its as simple as that

the gift is just one aspect of this box , not the be all and end all , and even if there were no gifts , or they had expired , we would still allow spiderbox enthusiasts to discuss this box inside its own section , especially as it is sold by the forum sponsor and so enlightened discussions and backup are paramount

anyone not happy with those rules should delete their account here right now , because the discussion forums are staying , no matter what happens in 2011

Roguet
03-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Just to add my opinion, was not sure about this box as seemed to good to be true for the price. Also as the old saying goes if it appears to good to be true it normally is, so was dubious. However since purchasing one I have been more than pleasantly surprised by this box and it is worth every penny in my opinion, easy to set up and use, good build quality, excellent picture quality and more features coming, I can finally retire the Echostar after many years of service.....

Friendly-Face
03-05-2010, 08:34 PM
I have the chance to buy this box directly from DarkMan, as i need it a new box to test, to say you the Truth i did not buy the GIFT option from the shop.
Now to get to you,r silly post.

Do you fisr own a Darkbox or a SpiderBox ? you shall own them before you make any statments. the worst of all is that you do not state why PPL and members of this forum are being fooled ?? Why will people end in tears when the Gift runs out, you better explain this before you say anything more.

Now i go this box 2 months back, as i sayed with no GIFT, then i just simply connected the box to my LOCAL SERVER that has 6 cards that i like and pay for, i have made few test with Newcamd connection and i can say onely one thing Marvellus box, very stable and very easy to use.

Then i made a new server with CCCAM 2.1.1 version, i addedd my smargos and few rs232 card readers, huck up all the cards and then connected the Spiderbox with CCcam server since then i have it all on CCcam and i can say only one word ( EXELLENT )

i have made recordings on USB HDD 320 GB, with NO PROBLEMS, i have made recordings on USB 128 GB, save channel and software for later use with few remonte pushes.

REMEMBER i do not use GIFT from the shop, im a dumb person but this is the easy peazzy box to both settup and maintain, user friendly for the family and kids love the box.

if i can say some thing negative, it will be for sure the OSD that is UGLY, but the rest are just fine.

jimihendrix
03-05-2010, 09:02 PM
You can please all of the people some of the time, you can please some of the people all of the time, but the miserable sods why bother to please them at all?

Yes I have both the Spiderbox SD5000 and the HD9000 also a Protek 9600ip, the Spiderbox receivers are so simple to set up and get running and the channel choice is second to none.

IF you can name better value for money then do so, don't attempt to sling mud when you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

manhatten
03-05-2010, 10:03 PM
I went to the shop in london to buy a 9000hd The guy that served me was very helpfull and loaded the patch+gift for me.

Had it since eary febuary and its the best box that I have ever owned, And I have been in this hobby since before sly started

bod1966
03-05-2010, 10:33 PM
HI i bought this box its a easy box to use cccam not that clever might be a patch to fix soon gift is a great package when working BUT TO many shop keepers bushing this box on this site never seen something pushed so much cant see the furture but if this box has a 12mth shelf life well you know who to blame but saying that it is a free to air box has well is that a omen ??

dcselec
03-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Hi bod1966
Dont understand why people keep going on about
the gift if you buy any other STB you dont get anything
else so why the problem about the gift for us thats just
started out into this hobbie it works well we dont have a c-line
to put into the box it gives us 12 months to get are feet wet as
to speak for me it has worked well. I now have access to more
channels then ever and more than that I understand about the
other options that are avalable that can not be bad can it.

Dave

DARKMAN
04-05-2010, 12:36 AM
I think you are missing the point here m8

even if the gift runs out and isnt renewed or extended , the box can still be used for fta channels , and if you added a C line or an N line of your own you can do as you please with it. they even sell it without the gift for exactly those purposes

although the gift is useful , its an addition , an extra , and the box is still good value and can function without it just as easily as it can with it

the box is not a doorstop after 12 months , so do not imply it is , and as nobody can predict the future then I would refrain from trying to tell it , and dont make accusations that cannot be substantiated or refuted until may 2011

it should also be noted that this is the spiderbox discussion forum , so that is why it is reasonable to discuss it in here

darkbox discussions should be made in the darkbox discussion forum here

Echelon you have explain very well...better then like this with words no one could do...

But to support your words..i will support this Forum with the BEST SOFTWARE REVOLUTIUON>.....

Spiderbox in 1-2-3- days time BIG BAN,,,,,,WILL BE MASTERS SERVER

what this competitors will say after !??

i will repeat their Answer ....

Question:What will happens after 12 months !?
Answer From DARKMAN: After 12 months Will be Countinuty....+ we live the best Box hardware in market with the best softwares.....CCCam Client....Newcamd Client...EMU PATCHES>...Home streaming,,,.,Home Net....

MASTER SERVER to share with other by N line for Newcamd and Cccam and SpiderBox it self.... We live them the experience we teach them.....

The difference with other competitors is we like do the story they only doing only Money.......

People should not forget We Been n1 to have CCcam Client non Linux box and we will be n1 to do non Linux box Server when was exclusivity of Linux Enigma2...

We are creating our Darkmania Enigma3.lol

DARKMAN
04-05-2010, 12:50 AM
HI i bought this box its a easy box to use cccam not that clever might be a patch to fix soon gift is a great package when working BUT TO many shop keepers bushing this box on this site never seen something pushed so much cant see the furture but if this box has a 12mth shelf life well you know who to blame but saying that it is a free to air box has well is that a omen ??

If you Read more you will understand is not FREE to AIR BOX....

HD STB
1CA
2CI
Patch EMU
Patch Gift
CCcam
Newcam
Home streaming
Home net

if you do not read them you are so Ignorant or you deliberate trying to fool people..

BRUTUS
04-05-2010, 01:57 AM
if this box has a 12mth shelf life well you know who to blame but saying that it is a free to air box has well is that a omen ??

Honestly, what is SOOOOOO difficult to understand by you lot? :banghead: I can't blame you for your ignorance but please stop reducing this box to a piece of 12 months life....Please...the 12 months 'gift' that comes with this box is just a bonus...the box is not even intended in the 1st place to go out with bonus, this is Darkman fault, lol...(always wants to please everybody, lol...).
So, this box is cheap, HD, the best turner (very sensitive), and will be a full linux soon (just client for now), with this box you can open most of the packages out there (forget the gift...), so gift or not after 12 months who cares??
READ!!! guys, read more about the specifications. And please give credit where credit is due.
BRUTUS

scrapman
04-05-2010, 10:39 AM
finding it difficult to purchase one of these at the mo so must be popular

minx
04-05-2010, 12:38 PM
And just to add my view in support of this receiver- even if all you use it for is to view FTA TV, given that it is an HD receiver it is not expensive and provides a brilliant picture. I can't see what the beef is about other than jealousy over a good product at a good price.

steve
04-05-2010, 01:02 PM
i have tested and admit it is the best value hd box at the mo. Add your lines, add a hard drive, rf out (on the 9000), its quick to set up and update with no cables. If you want to spend £320 on a dm500hd up to you...but this represents great value....

steve

miguel89
04-05-2010, 01:06 PM
Its a shame so many people on these boards have vested interests in ramping or deramping a product. As it happens this box is in my opinion a good value box which even without the gift has the lifespan of most other boxes given the CI slots, softcam and cccam abilities. As to the marketing tactics employed that is a different matter, and personally, one which i couldn't care less about as we should all by now be able to make our decisions without being swayed by gimmicks or special offers, its hardly something we are not used to seeing in this game.
For me the gift was like what i pay the crooks at microsoft for xbox live, money in exhange for extra content. That doesnt mean my xbox is useless without the added content and nor is the spiderbox.

jackpot18uk
04-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Had one of these boxes for about a month now and have to say this is one of the easiest boxes I've used, and I've had quite a few! The box runs well and only had to reboot once over the last month, this was due to a channel on 16e, which did the same to a couple of my other boxes. The support for this box is good, with regular updates to the firmware. The 'Gift' or as I call it the 'Extra bonus' is great and gives me access to channels I might otherwise not receive. Yeah it's just for 12 months but who knows what will happen in this hobby in 12 months time. For the channels I receive 30 odd quid is a bargain. Never been into sharing, but looks like this box is a good place to start learning.

When my extra bonus runs out in 11 months time, I will still have an excellent receiver. I needed a new receiver as my old M-Vision burnt out and believe, for once, I made the right choice, for price there are other HD receivers on the market for this price but without the extras, for support hope this keeps up.

P.S. To those who seem to want to slag off this receiver etc, simple, don't buy one. I for one would not criticize anything till I tried it myself.

joany
04-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Its a shame so many people on these boards have vested interests in ramping or deramping a product. As it happens this box is in my opinion a good value box which even without the gift has the lifespan of most other boxes given the CI slots, softcam and cccam abilities. As to the marketing tactics employed that is a different matter, and personally, one which i couldn't care less about as we should all by now be able to make our decisions without being swayed by gimmicks or special offers, its hardly something we are not used to seeing in this game.
For me the gift was like what i pay the crooks at microsoft for xbox live, money in exhange for extra content. That doesnt mean my xbox is useless without the added content and nor is the spiderbox.

Couldn't agree more!

I too think the product seems good value but the hard sell coming from Darkman and his sidekick Brutus is too much to swallow. They have flogged to death the idea of buying the stb and of course "the gift".

IMHO THEY NEED TO STEP BACK NOW because there is a real danger they are just gonna **** people off and alienate them. Some dudes will end up NOT buying the package just out of principle.

Finally, I fully realise that our sponsor now has a strong commercial relationship with the spiderbox's supplier and I can see that there is at best a minor conflict of interests taking place.
However, I think our mods should try to remain independant and should not sell our forum down the river for a product which may or may not be dead in the water a year down the line. Short of slagging of other members and forums our Satdudez should be able to honestly discuss the merits of products and services without having the mods breathing down their necks.

(I trust I haven't broken any forum rules. If I have could the mods discuss this with me and I'll try to amend my post as required)

miguel89
04-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Just to add, a lot of the 'hater' posts wouldnt be posted if there wasnt so many ramping posts which do not offer an honest and genuine opinion but are just sales pitches. Not sure if either side is gaining from this little battle of the rampers but it is the genuine members who are missing out on an honest and uninterested opinion which Dudez has been so good at providing for years.

scrapman
04-05-2010, 03:02 PM
Just to add, a lot of the 'hater' posts wouldnt be posted if there wasnt so many ramping posts which do not offer an honest and genuine opinion but are just sales pitches. Not sure if either side is gaining from this little battle of the rampers but it is the genuine members who are missing out on an honest and uninterested opinion which Dudez has been so good at providing for years.
well it did it for me m8 just ordered one:respect-057:

denny1
04-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Hi guys
my small input is it to me the best value box in my collection so easy to set up and the remote is the best one in my collection and the picture is superd
And one day when l am cofident enough l will try out the cc / newcamd

onecard
04-05-2010, 06:10 PM
This thread started off as an unbiased review of the Spiderbox and post #1 is an honest opinion of the spider, opinions can only be given by the owners/users of this box and reading down through the thread a lot of users added their positive opinion of the stb.

A few of the negative comments seem to be coming from members that do not own one and therefore have nothing to offer this thread. So lets try get back some way on topic.

Yes I own a spider box and yes it is a fantastic piece of kit for the money, you cannot buy better atm and that is not advertising it is my opinion.

Exxxklusive
04-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Couldn't agree more!

I too think the product seems good value but the hard sell coming from Darkman and his sidekick Brutus is too much to swallow. They have flogged to death the idea of buying the stb and of course "the gift".

IMHO THEY NEED TO STEP BACK NOW because there is a real danger they are just gonna **** people off and alienate them. Some dudes will end up NOT buying the package just out of principle.

Finally, I fully realise that our sponsor now has a strong commercial relationship with the spiderbox's supplier and I can see that there is at best a minor conflict of interests taking place.
However, I think our mods should try to remain independant and should not sell our forum down the river for a product which may or may not be dead in the water a year down the line. Short of slagging of other members and forums our Satdudez should be able to honestly discuss the merits of products and services without having the mods breathing down their necks.

(I trust I haven't broken any forum rules. If I have could the mods discuss this with me and I'll try to amend my post as required)

My response to this is that personally i think myself (& probably many others) can see that there would only be minimal posts promoting this receiver (Mainly when the support team announce new features or additions, to prove ongoing support & to make the box more attractive to any prospective buyers)...
But, due to alot of unfair & unwarranted criticism there are alot more posts about this receiver as alot of people (Mainly from happy SpiderBox owners or those who have ignored all comments & have merely read the specs & see it as a potentially good purchase to suit their needs) have felt to defend some of the negative comments that have been unfairly directed at the receiver, the support team, the guy who is responsibe for bringing us this new generation receiver in the first place & those who are perfectly happy with their purchase...

Moving on to the general issue, the negative comments are not really detrimental to the receiver itself, (As most receivers sell themselves due to it's capabilities & support) but it is & can be more damaging to any sponsor that sells it who relies on sales to keep forums such as this one going for free for us all...
Doesn't make sense to me to 'slag off' any receiver that is sold by a promoter when you are a member of their free forum, regardless of how any individual may feel about something...The onus on every member should be to help support the promoters even if that only be by keeping negative comments to one's self or at least when presented they are constructively construed...

Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing & this forum seems to be more lenient than most in this respect, which is not a bad thing but it should not be abused, especially when it could result in biting off the nose to spite the face...

BRUTUS
04-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Couldn't agree more!

I too think the product seems good value...

Finally you get your common sense back...it was about time...:smash:.
For the advice, please go and talk to someone else somewhere else....
I am on this forum BEFORE you my friend, and I was on satdudez again before you...Get it right! I know exactly what to do when matters.
This section is to discuss the box, NOT what will happen in 12 months or 20 years (as only God knows...). Buy the box and do a review about it (as the starter of this thread did, as everybody else is doing...) and none of this should be happenning. Get your act correct and stop blaming mods and others...

From Exxxclusive:
Doesn't make sense to me to 'slag off' any receiver that is sold by a promoter when you are a member of their free forum, regardless of how any individual may feel about something...The onus on every member should be to help support the promoters even if that only be by keeping negative comments to one's self or at least when presented they are constructively construed...
That said it all...Thanks m8.

grizzlyt
05-05-2010, 02:49 AM
Echelon you have explain very well...better then like this with words no one could do...

But to support your words..i will support this Forum with the BEST SOFTWARE REVOLUTIUON>.....

Spiderbox in 1-2-3- days time BIG BAN,,,,,,WILL BE MASTERS SERVER

what this competitors will say after !??

i will repeat their Answer ....

Question:What will happens after 12 months !?
Answer From DARKMAN: After 12 months Will be Countinuty....+ we live the best Box hardware in market with the best softwares.....CCCam Client....Newcamd Client...EMU PATCHES>...Home streaming,,,.,Home Net....

MASTER SERVER to share with other by N line for Newcamd and Cccam and SpiderBox it self.... We live them the experience we teach them.....

The difference with other competitors is we like do the story they only doing only Money.......

People should not forget We Been n1 to have CCcam Client non Linux box and we will be n1 to do non Linux box Server when was exclusivity of Linux Enigma2...

We are creating our Darkmania Enigma3.lol

You came first with CCcam client ?

What is with all the Opti*** HD boxes (9500 HD, Globo, Truman, etc.) ?

This isn't a premium feature you have.

On the server side, you could profit from the SH4 port, but I haven't seen a server version yet.

Maybe this will change soon.

In the meantime you have server capabilities with other emus that are not CCCam.

Keep the people informed. It only supports CCcam up to 2.1.1. No server until now, no Linux support.

On the positive side it is that people without knowledge about Linux receiver are better off.

DARKMAN
05-05-2010, 09:44 AM
SPIDERBOX OFFICALLY IS MASTER SERVER FROM TODAY...

THE SOFTWARE WILL BE RELESE 1-2 DAYS TIME....

NewcamD is will share to BY N LINE To NewcamD and CCcam to ******** SPIDERBOX -Dreambox -Eagle-ComputerServers

@grizzlyt
Server you can call them who Host and Serve your card . FULL STOP. do not mater wich Protocoll Emu you use...
Stop nominating all Chinese boxes from Shenzhen CHINA in Spiderbox SECTION .

AM556
05-05-2010, 10:34 PM
I believe I can give an impartial view of the Spiderbox, I own one. Yes, I have an interest in this and other forums yet am nobody's sidekick, lapdog or whatever term you wish to use. My being in these forums is first and last to help other owners setup and use their spiderboxes to their full potential. I've been a player since the days of 16 channels on Astra and know only too well how much money can be spent on kit which becomes obsolete far too soon. However, I can honestly say after only 6 months, I believe this to be the best sub 200 pounds I have spent (the same money I once paid to get Filmnet & TV1000 for 4 months!!!).
How many people in our hobby 6 months ago believed they were at the end of the road, seeing no way forward, with the demise of softcams and patches, with a dwindling number of quality channels to watch and the inability to enter the cs route because of having nothing to sh@re?? Quite a number I'd wager!
Of course there is always the option to pay for a line but to whom and for what quality and reliability? That was and still is a case of "suck it and see" and once spent on trash, you've lost.
I have personally found that, once "in the loop" with friends having a common interest in the Spiderbox, contacts can be made, lines traded, exchanged or even purchased from trusted sources. This I've found is one of the best purchasing considerations (yes, purchasing!) that can be made with confidence.
In conclusion, to anyone still contemplating the question to buy or not. Well, whilst you ponder, I'm watching some fine TV :respect-055:
To those who question if it will be here in 12 months, I answer....will you? will I??? moreover, will cs be available forever???

terry l
06-05-2010, 12:48 PM
Good post m8,
pity the thread starter post's the same thing on other site's[spam]..
I agree with you it is a way to keep our hobby going [like you i've been in the sat game for yonk's]..
Pity it all come's down to slanging matches..
regard's,
terry.

manic01
06-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Good post m8,
pity the thread starter post's the same thing on other site's[spam]..
I agree with you it is a way to keep our hobby going [like you i've been in the sat game for yonk's]..
Pity it all come's down to slanging matches..
regard's,
terry.

It's not spam on other sites mate.
I visit/use/support these forums that I have posted my review on. Why should my review only be on satpimps?
You may notice it's not on any of Darkmans forums as I am banned lol just like you are.

terry l
06-05-2010, 01:24 PM
look's like copy and paste to me m8...
And you should READ MY POST'S [pity it's got down to slanging match]..
As i have said m8 i BOUGHT one and find it a good bit of kit with some glitches but improving as time goes by..
UNBIASED OPINION..
Regard's,
terry.

mushroom
06-05-2010, 03:35 PM
sorry dont know much about spiderbox , maybe its a good receiver but one thing makes me not to look more on it.as i see it is non linux. so thats the reason it is not interesting for me. stay away from closed source project either say it winblows, azbug and anything else. my humble opinion and please dont misunderstand me. didnt said that this receiver is not good or good value for money

DARKMAN
06-05-2010, 03:47 PM
sorry dont know much about spiderbox , maybe its a good receiver but one thing makes me not to look more on it.as i see it is non linux. so thats the reason it is not interesting for me. stay away from closed source project either say it winblows, azbug and anything else. my humble opinion and please dont misunderstand me. didnt said that this receiver is not good or good value for money

M8.....why you do not stay away from this Thread !? Is you it self saying :-I do not know this machine is not Good form me !....if you do not know if is not good for you, do not bother and live other in peace...very simple.

Haw you can says people stay away ? when many poeple have one and they loking for support ?

After that, why have all to be Linux Master !? or should all have Linux machine !?
Somethink good for you is not necesary to be good for me and somethink good for me is not necesary to be good for you...!

mushroom
06-05-2010, 05:20 PM
sorry you misunderstood me.that was my opinion and i am not sorry for it. by saying that i dont like closed sources projects i didnt mean that people must stay away from spiderbox or any other project.just wanted to say that linux has so many advantages over closed sources projects. and this is a fact that everyone must consider.
and yes i have the right to read and write on this thread as long as i dont insult anyone and dont follow forums rules. and i dont think that i insult anyone here or disobey the rules with my posts here.
regards

joany
06-05-2010, 07:37 PM
M8.....why you do not stay away from this Thread !? Is you it self saying :-I do not know this machine is not Good form me !....if you do not know if is not good for you, do not bother and live other in peace...very simple.

Haw you can says people stay away ? when many poeple have one and they loking for support ?

After that, why have all to be Linux Master !? or should all have Linux machine !?
Somethink good for you is not necesary to be good for me and somethink good for me is not necesary to be good for you...!

The thing is Darkman we could say exactly the same to you. Why are you asking mushroom not to post in here.

Maybe you should ask the Forum if you can become a Mod then you will be able to Ban members who post stuff you don't like.

This is my last post on this topic.

Darkman, as the supplier to our sponsor you have a massive conflict of interest and whilst support is good I think you should step away from arguments whether members of this forum should or should not buy the spiderbox.And IMHO you should definately not be telling people NOT to post in the spiderbox forum just because you don't agree with them.

The product and gift looks fantastic value so just let it speak for itself.

RABBY
06-05-2010, 07:40 PM
mushroom

I Cannot believe you are posting in this section ? You DO Not Even have a Spiderbox ?? I Just Bought One today from LEE [Goldwavers ] I Will Test and give my OPINION On the BOX !!!!!! As you are on about [ linux ] There are sections out there for those boxes ? I have one myself it is called the [DREAMBOX ] +++++++ Many other Receivers [I like playing About ]:cool:

P.S Darkman is only giving me a choice On what " I WANT TO BUY " Hope it is a good box ? Saying no more [FOR NOW]:302:

holmroad
06-05-2010, 07:46 PM
Just a question as a matter of interest, is it true there is no RF Output with the Spiderboxes please, as this is yet another benefit with other stbs, e.g. the Technomates,Manhattans, etc?
If there is no RF output, how do we pipe it through to another room - without using the dreaded 'senders'?:confused:

pipino
06-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Darkman states the team are working on that

LOL....no comments

RABBY
06-05-2010, 07:52 PM
holmroad

Just a question as a matter of interest, is it true there is no RF Output with the Spiderboxes please, as this is yet another benefit with other stbs, e.g. the Technomates,Manhattans, etc?
If there is no RF output, how do we pipe it through to another room - without using the dreaded 'senders'

What is Wrong with Senders m8? Buy the Right One ? They work Super [ KEEP YOUR MOBILE PHONES AWAY FROM SENDER ]All should work no Problem:respect-053:

holmroad
06-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Hi RABBY mate, so IS it true there is NO RF output, you have a Spiderbox, I was interested to know from someone who actually has one, thats all!:respect-039:

RABBY
06-05-2010, 08:02 PM
holmroad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi RABBY mate, so IS it true there is NO RF output, you have a Spiderbox, I was interested to know from someone who actually has one, thats all

Hello m8 ? Just Ordered the box today from LEE ? Unless HE FLY*S UPTO SCOTLAND WITH IT?? YOU NO WHAT I MEEN ??[With all that Volcano dust going about ] LOL:sifone:

AM556
06-05-2010, 08:11 PM
If there is no RF output, how do we pipe it through to another room - without using the dreaded 'senders'?:confused:

The HD9000 does have RF output and it works :sifone:

RABBY
06-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Strange all these boxes comming out just Now !! Do not have Upscalling to [1080p ] You do see a BIG Differnce ?? Anyway will channel the spiderbox through my [TOSHIBA] DVD PLAYER? That upscalles to [1080 p ] Everyone wants the best HD Has to Offer:cool:

mushroom
06-05-2010, 10:31 PM
mushroom

I Cannot believe you are posting in this section ? You DO Not Even have a Spiderbox ?? I Just Bought One today from LEE [Goldwavers ] I Will Test and give my OPINION On the BOX !!!!!! As you are on about [ linux ] There are sections out there for those boxes ? I have one myself it is called the [DREAMBOX ] +++++++ Many other Receivers [I like playing About ]:cool:

P.S Darkman is only giving me a choice On what " I WANT TO BUY " Hope it is a good box ? Saying no more [FOR NOW]:302:

i dont own the world........... but i have the right to speak about it .... right?

DARKMAN
06-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Hi RABBY mate, so IS it true there is NO RF output, you have a Spiderbox, I was interested to know from someone who actually has one, thats all!:respect-039:

Hi M8 ..you are old i nuff in this hobby to not lose credibility asking this kind of question...lol

The box is selling from sponsor if you click in the banner you go to specification of each spiderbox and you Read,...if you do not know to do it i am doing for you ..lol

SpiderBox 9000 HD 1CA 2CI 2USB-PVR with Ethernet SpiderBox 9000 HD +++

Supports MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264 and fully DVB compliant
- Satellite receiver
- 2 Slots common interface for Viaccess, Irdeto, Cryptoworks, Nagravision, Conax, Mediaguard and etc.
- 1 Slot smart card
- DiSEqC 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and USALS
- Aspect ratio adjustment 4:3 (16/9 crop), 4:3 (16/9 letterbox), 16:9 (4/3 pillar box)
-User friendly OSD and operation
- Total 8,000 Channels Programmable
- Multi-language audio support Multi-language menu text support
- Favorite channel selections
- Parental Guide and rating control
- EPG(Provider Electronic Program Guide) for On Screen Channel Information
- On-Screen Display with 65,536 Color
- Blind scan(Power Scan) & Powerful EPG
- Zoom Function in Pause
- Dolby Digital Bitstream Out through S/PDIF(Optical & Coaxal)
- Seletable output for 1080i, 720P, 480P and 480i format
- Multiple Video Outputs
- HDMI1.1, Component(YPbPr), Composite
- USB 2.0 Host (Access to HDD, USB memory, Others etc) : 2 Port
- Upgrade Software & Update Channel Database through USB 2.0 Port and RS232
- MP3 File Play by USB 2.0
- PVR Ready via USB
- Recorded file play on PC
- Reservation Recoding by EPG function
- Multimedia file play by USB 2.0
- Home streaming

SpiderBox HD 9000 Specifications >
1. Conditional Access Interface
- SMART CARD 1 Slot
ISO 7816, GSM11.11 and EMV (payment systems) compatibility
- PCMCIA 2 Slot
DVB Common Interface Standard
(Viaccess,Irdeto,NagraVision,Cona x,Crytoworks,AlpahCrypt …)
2. Tuner & Channel(DVB-S2)
- Type 1  F Type, IEC169-24, Female
- Frequency Rage 950MHz to 2150MHz
- RF Impedance 75 Ohm unbanlanced
- Signal Level -65 to -25 dBm
- LNB Power 13/18Vdc +/- 5%, 0.5Amax, Overload Protected
- 22KHz Tone Frequency :224KHz +/- 2KHz, 0.6Vpp +/- 0.2V
- DiSEqC Control Version1.0, 1.2, Tone burst A/B
- Demodulation QPSK, 8PSK
- Input Symbol Rate DVB-S QPSK : 1~45 Msps
DVB-S2 8PSK/QPSK : 10~30Msps
- FEC Decoder 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 3/5, 4/5, 5/6, 8/9, 9/10 in DVB-S2 mode.
1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8 in DVB-S mode.
3. System & Memory
- Main Processor STi7101
- Flash Memory 8 Mbytes
- System Memory 128 Mbytes
- A/V Memory 64 Mbytes
- Channel Capacity Digital Channel: 8,000
- Front 7-Keys, 7-SEGMENT DISPLAY
4. MPEG Transport Stream & A/V Decoding
- Transport Stream 13818-1 MPEG-2, H.264/AVC Transport stream Specification
- Profile Level MPEG-2 MP@ML, MPEG-4 H.264/AVC
- Input Rate Max. 90Mbit/s
- Aspect Ratio 4:3, 16:9, Letter Box
- Frame Rate 25Hz for PAL, 30Hz for NTSC
- Video Resolution 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i
- Teletext Through VBI
- Audio Decoding MPEG-1 Layer 1 & 2, Dolby Downmix
- Audio Mode Single Channel/Dual Channel Joint Stereo/Stereo
- Frequency Response 20~20kHz, <+/-2dB
60Hz ~ 18kHz <+/- 0.5dB 5. A/V & Date In/Out
- HDMI HD Video/Audio Output
- RCA Output CVBS, L, R Output(Yellow, White, Red Jack) with Volume Control
Component Video(YPbPr) Out
- SPDIF Dolby Digital Bitstream Out(Coaxal, Optical)
- Data Interface - RS-232, Bit Rate: 115,200baud
Connector: 9-pin D-sub Male type
- USB : USB 2.0, Type A Connector, 2Port
- Ethernet : 10/100Mbps, DHCP Supporting, RJ-45
6. RF Modulator
- RF-Connector 75 ohm IEC 169-2, Male/Female
- Frequency 470MHz to 860MHz
- Output Channel CH21 ~ 69- TV Standard PAL G/I/K Selectable by Menu Setting
- Audio Output Mono with Volume Control
- Preset Channel CH 38(or TBD). Software changeable by Menu Screen
7. Power Supply
- Input Voltage AC 90V ~ 250V, 50Hz ~ 60Hz
- Power Consumption Max 40W
- Protection Separate Internal Fuse
The input shall the lighting protection
8. Physical Specification
- Size(WxHxD) 300mm x 65mm x 215mm
- Weight 1.5 KG
9. Environmental Condition
- Operating Temperature 0 °C  40 °C
- Storage Temperature -10 °C  50 °C
- Operating Humidity Range 10~85% RH, Non-condensing
- Storage Humidity Range 5~90% RH, Non-condensing

Details
SKU SpiderBo***00
Quantity in stock 4 item(s) available

Our price: £189.00 (€207.90)
Quantity Price

*Note:
Options

Add USB Pen Drive No Add USB Pen Drive 2gb (+£8.05)
Quantity (4 available) 1 2 3 4

https://www.goldwafers.co.uk/SpiderBo****00-HD-1CA-2CI-2USB-PVR-with-Ethernet.html

DARKMAN
06-05-2010, 11:01 PM
The thing is Darkman we could say exactly the same to you. ( You could becase i own anybox in the market and i test before i talk... )Why are you asking mushroom not to post in here. ( i did not ask Mushroom to not post here! Read i says:_ if is not for you stay away, do not tell people is not Good.! You are free to talk,but live other to choise //)

Maybe you should ask the Forum if you can become a Mod ( i have much other jobs to do, but if some one ask my help i will do what's wrong here !?) then you will be able to Ban members who post stuff you don't like. ( no usually i do not ban no one and do not mix some forums with darkman here ,but really if i was Mod i could even ban you .lol now min for 24 hours for breking the rulles ...change topik and passing in personal discussions.)

This is my last post on this topic. ( that's good clear some ideas and come back after 24 hours ..i have no conflict interes with you.lol)

Darkman, as the supplier to our sponsor you have a massive conflict of interest and whilst support is good I think you should step away from arguments whether members of this forum should or should not buy the spiderbox. ( I love the Sposor i have no conflicts at all ,Learn next time ,you can talk but, never talk Bihalf of name of some one ELSE ) And IMHO you should definately not be telling people NOT to post in the spiderbox forum just because you don't agree with them. (m8 you do not agree by arguments not by misleeding people...Haw you do not agree when he has not one ! is ridicules )

The product and gift looks fantastic value so just let it speak for itself.
(This is really the best post i read from YOU...because for fist time you talk honestly...)