PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Bird 2 at 8.0°W in Scotland

daddycool2
03-05-2010, 11:58 AM
- I have been trying for few days to get Atlantic Bird 2 at 8.0°W in Aberdeen, Scotland with 80 cm fixed dish with no luck.

- I have put the dish elevation to 24.5 degrees as I was advised by websites advising on elevation,...

- I can get Hotbird & Astra 19E with the same dish with no problem (dish elevation for these satellites is 30.5 Degrees).

- I am after Orbit Network Channels on that Satellite.

Any help will be much appreciated

chorleycat
03-05-2010, 01:00 PM
- I have been trying for few days to get Atlantic Bird 2 at 8.0°W in Aberdeen, Scotland with 80 cm fixed dish with no luck.

- I have put the dish elevation to 24.5 degrees as I was advised by websites advising on elevation,...

- I can get Hotbird & Astra 19E with the same dish with no problem (dish elevation for these satellites is 30.5 Degrees).

- I am after Orbit Network Channels on that Satellite.

Any help will be much appreciated

hi --

not sure how you are measuring your elevation on your dish
or if your dish is offset or prime focus --

but if you are getting Hotbird & Astra 19E at your setting of around 30.5 Degrees) --- your dish needs only around a further 1.5 - 2.0 degrees more elevation / backwards tilt for - Atlantic Bird 2 at 8.0°W

regards c.c.

daddycool2
03-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Thank you for the reply.
- With the dish elevation I refer to the Marking on the back dish itself, there some markings from like 20 degrees to 50 degrees and I change the elevation according to this.

- The LNB is offset (Ithink; it is Triax dish)

Any more advice is appreciated

chorleycat
03-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Thank you for the reply.
- With the dish elevation I refer to the Marking on the back dish itself, there some markings from like 20 degrees to 50 degrees and I change the elevation according to this.

- The LNB is offset (Ithink; it is Triax dish)

Any more advice is appreciated

hi --
ok -- from your recieving position of astra or hotbird --
just tilt the dish back slightly untill you are losing , or have just lost signal from signal from this sat -- that will probably be about 1.5 - 2 . 0 degrees of elevation --
then swing your dish to 8 west -- with your reciever set to show a signal form a 8 west transponder and you should see it ok
the signals are pretty strong from that sat --

look on dishpointer . com to get the exact direction of 8 west from your location

regards c.c.

chorleycat
03-05-2010, 01:53 PM
hi --

example from dishpointer --
just put in your postcode or adress at the top
choose the sat you want from the dropdown list
and zoom till you get enough detail and click on your property

regards c.c.

chorleycat
03-05-2010, 02:25 PM
hi
just an after-thought ---

if you still dont find the sat -- try setting the l.n.b at a slightly anti clockwise tilt in its holder -as viewed- looking at the dish face from the front ---- and try again -- this will help --

or a little more or less adjustment on the dish elevation just in case the dish mount bracket is not fixed in a fully vertical/ plumb position --

cheers c.c.

Glenn_911
03-05-2010, 03:10 PM
daddycool2

Try Freq:11106/H/6670

S 77%
Q 98%

I have this one really strong in the Netherlands (Rotterdam) 3 channels

Hope you have luck in Aberdeen ?

Glenn_911 :respect-048:

kmc
03-05-2010, 04:39 PM
in all honesty mate,theres not a lot of channels on that sat anymore,they've all gone to 7w.
regards
kmc

daddycool2
03-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Thank you all very much.

All sorted now and I have excellent signal and picture.

Much appreciated.