PDA

View Full Version : Channel stuttering on Spiderbox HD7000 - no gift issue

mathiaskt
05-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Guys,
I have been having some channel stuttering problems mostly on HD channels except arte 19.2E (note the lower case). I noticed arte HD is 720P and the ones I am having problem with are 1080i. Not sure of the significance here. My TV is a Panasonic TX-P42G20B. When I first got the box a week ago, plugged it in and everything just worked. Picture was great only some minor stuttering on HD as above. Prior to getting a channel editor, I downloaded a channel list and loaded it to the Spiderbox HD7000 in an attempt to cure the minor stuttering and since then things have gone for the worst. SD channels on 13E and 19.2E do have some minor stuttering but can cope with it. But HD a no go. On 28.2E both SD and HD have the same stuttering level. Note that this has nothing to do with the network as I am only trying free to air channels (did reset my box by mistake but this is being dealt with on a different thread here and the problem started before I reset the box). If I drive the motor to BBC One 28.2E, Q is 98& and S is 82% and when it freezes I see Q changes from blues to red with 2%. Same for S. During this time the motor has not moved. If I connect the cable from the motor to my old DM7025SC, there is no stuttering. My Spiderbox HD7000 has the following system information:

Model name Spiderbox HD7000
Software Version Ver F4.08, LDR: Ver 00.21
Hardware Version Ver 01.20.M
Last Update Apr 23 2010

Thanks for any pointers,

jackpot18uk
05-05-2010, 03:18 PM
if you load someone elses channel list the dish settings are set for their location, if you are using usals, did you enter your own longtitude and latitude in to the menu? If only using DiSEqC 1.2 then you may need to fine tune your dish and save the settings

mathiaskt
05-05-2010, 03:31 PM
if you load someone elses channel list the dish settings are set for their location, if you are using usals, did you enter your own longtitude and latitude in to the menu? If only using DiSEqC 1.2 then you may need to fine tune your dish and save the settings

I did check each sat I am interested in and the Lat and Lon are correct. I had to move the motor in small steps to get a lock on 28.2E. I think it is something to do with the settings on the motor but looking at mine it looks ok - is there a way to reset the motor settings and start again?

mathiaskt
05-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Only problem left on the box now is channel stuttering - is there a way to reset the motor settings?

echelon
05-05-2010, 08:06 PM
you should check your usals are set correctly and fine tune if necessary , or if using diseqc fine tune each sat position

steve
05-05-2010, 08:58 PM
worse ways reflash the box.....lost scart out on a 9000....reflash it was back.

BRUTUS
05-05-2010, 10:35 PM
Only problem left on the box now is channel stuttering - is there a way to reset the motor settings?

Go to the motor setting and , sroll down to 'Command' and use the left or right arrow to change it to Recalculate positions, and press ok.
Hope that will help

mathiaskt
06-05-2010, 07:27 AM
Go to the motor setting and , sroll down to 'Command' and use the left or right arrow to change it to Recalculate positions, and press ok.
Hope that will help

Many thanks for all involved in helping fox the issue. I have seen that command but have not as yet used it. Will do so in future. The problem seems to have gone for 13E and 19.2E (watched the footy last night without any freeze). To get the above, I went to DiSEqC on the menu system and put each sat to a DiSEqC position (there are four of them) - this means i can only access four sat with no freeze. But that will do for me. My dish is too small to get other sats anyway. thinking of putting an 80cm one soon. Will need to look for a good sat installer in Es***, UK.