PDA

View Full Version : Channel Editor

davecabezo
06-05-2010, 11:42 AM
Hi,
Just wiped my HDD and now looking for the program Channel Editor. It was so simple to use but can't find it anywhere. Managed to get Dreabox Edit and DCC but can't get my head around how to use just for channel editing.

Regards,

Dave

echelon
06-05-2010, 12:12 PM
dreamboxedit or dreamset are channel editors

dcc is an ftp program and can be used to telnet

davecabezo
06-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Thanks Echelon,
Nice to see your still around. Guess I'll have to swot up on how to use the new progs.

Regards,

Dave

echelon
06-05-2010, 06:15 PM
I suspect you are getting mixed up with the clarketech channel editor for the clarketech and technomate boxes , like for the tm6900

davecabezo
07-05-2010, 01:17 PM
Hi Echelon,
Tried the Dreambox Edit program but couldn't download the channel list from my DM800. Here is what the program said was wrong:-
Dreambox response: Login successful.
** Retrieving file list of "/var/tuxbox/config/enigma/" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Retrieving file list of "/var/tuxbox/config/enigma/" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
Neither a "services" nor a "lamedb" file was found in directory "%" on the Dreambox. /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/
Check the dream path settings on the option panel to point to the correct Dreambox directories and try again.
Disconnecting.
Disconnected.

I don't understand as the previous program I used retrieved the channel list no Probs.

regards,

Dave

davecabezo
07-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Hi Echelon,
Found the Channel Editor on one of my USB HDD's, attached, but the program just hangs on my computer now, maybe because the XP Pro has now got the latest upgrade to SP3?

Dave

davecabezo
07-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Sorry to be a pain but I just tried the Dreamset program and it will also not FTP. The problem is possibly the firmware/software om my DM800, it was put on by a 3rd party when he altered it for C/S.
I've looked at the info on the DB and this is what is on:-
Enigma PLi - 19/07/2009
Image:- Jade3 - 19/07/09
I checked the settings in Dreamset and nothing is listed for my setup

Help Please,

Dave

echelon
07-05-2010, 04:43 PM
a dm800HD uses enigma2 and your paths indicate you have chosen enigma1 , which are completely different paths

perhaps if you did as the fault message said and chose the correct paths ( using enigma2 ) then you would have more success

as for your image , I told you months ago to use a newer and better image , clearly you ignored that advice

I suspect your channel editor is an old one and possibly for enigma 1 as well , or something else completely as it wants to import a bin file , and doesnt even seem dreambox compatible to me

davecabezo
07-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Hi Echelon,
As I said it was the chap who install my C/S that installed the images. I altered the path in the options panel to Version 3 (Enigma2) and success!

As for the channel editor I uploaded it was the one I've used for months without any problems, so the image I have on now must an Enigma 2 but are you saying that it is an "old" image and if so which do you recommend now.

Regards,

Dave

echelon
07-05-2010, 05:26 PM
impossible to give you a definitive answer on this image issue as the choices are vast

nabilo or dreamelite are 2 you should look at , assuming its not a clone box ( use clonesafe images on a clone )

and that channel editor you uploaded here earlier doesnt seem to be anything to do with this box anyway

davecabezo
07-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Definately not a clone as I bought it from the sponsers. All I use the box for is C/S so are there any benefits to be had from "upgrading".

Regards,

Dave

echelon
07-05-2010, 05:51 PM
that I cannot answer as I have never used your image at all

the ones I mentioned have been used by me and many others , and the latest contain the latest drivers and fixes

you have to decide these things yourself , as what may be good to one person would be bad for somebody else

there is no one rule that fits all on these boxes , unlike ones that use one fixed image like a tm1500 or a tm6900 or a spiderbox etc

davecabezo
07-05-2010, 05:56 PM
O.K. Echelon,
Will try to read up on Images.

Thanks for the help.

Dave

canthackit
07-05-2010, 06:02 PM
@ dave

on the dreamset proggie your file paths are wrong, the satellites xml should be /share/tuxbox and the services.bouquets should be /ect/enigma2

you can change these from the setup program in dreamset.

regards: canthackit