PDA

View Full Version : Dont buy octagon

aapaul
06-05-2010, 04:43 PM
HI there i done the exchange thing with octagon for the sf918 for the sf 1008
got the new box and it was faulty.after emails to them i had to pay to return the box. they dont send me a new one they repair it.i was not happy. got the repair box back it only work for a couple of day. it doent boot up.so got on to octagon again.they are make exuses and now ignoring my email. becuse am in the uk they got my money and they don t give a f---ing ****.the warrent is **** and so is the surport. my advise DON'T BUY

ps i had three sf918 before one work.ed and i have found 11 other people with the same problem with the sf1008 :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

eme
06-05-2010, 04:54 PM
if there are 11 other people with same fault then the manufacture should repair replace under warrenty at their cost as it would look like their problem. give tradeing standards a call or consumer direct. if u bought it in uk, give it back to dealer, its his problem not yours for 12 month from date of sale, note not the 28 day garrentee, that some cowboy dealers try yo fobing u off with. dont accept it. you allso have upto 6 years from the date of supply for faulty goods diying or going faulty during that time. check trading standards if u not sure. best of luck.

aapaul
06-05-2010, 05:05 PM
hi eme. it was with octagon in germany direct.thats was the offer. i dont know the law in germany on the goods act.all they are doing is as you said fobbing me of thx

pipino
06-05-2010, 05:08 PM
why dont you go there phisicaly and do a scandal

eme
06-05-2010, 06:06 PM
you could still try consumer direct and see if they can help, not sure for imports sorry. best of luck.

aapaul
06-05-2010, 06:29 PM
thanks eme

freebe
06-05-2010, 07:24 PM
HI there i done the exchange thing with octagon for the sf918 for the sf 1008
got the new box and it was faulty.after emails to them i had to pay to return the box. they dont send me a new one they repair it.i was not happy. got the repair box back it only work for a couple of day. it doent boot up.so got on to octagon again.they are make exuses and now ignoring my email. becuse am in the uk they got my money and they don t give a f---ing ****.the warrent is **** and so is the surport. my advise DON'T BUY

ps i had three sf918 before one work.ed and i have found 11 other people with the same problem with the sf1008 :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
------------------------
@aapaul

Could it be yourself that dosen't understand the Box. ?
You said you had three sf918 before one worked. I find that hard to belive.
One maybe but three ? and now you say you can't get yout new box to go either.
Well they did repair it and it did work, maybe you changed the Firmware again and got it wrong again.
By the way i think your Garantie will only cover you by the Original Firmware.
All who play with the Box(s) are on their own here.
Maybe i'm wrong though.

With :respect-023:

aapaul
06-05-2010, 10:32 PM
hi freebe the 918 had two dead on arrival they wont turn on ok.and for 1008. only put in the update original filmware. what samet from octagon told me to do. i do understand the box

with repect to you to

freebe
07-05-2010, 12:17 PM
hi freebe the 918 had two dead on arrival they wont turn on ok.and for 1008. only put in the update original filmware. what samet from octagon told me to do. i do understand the box

with repect to you to
------------
OK fair comment.

reboot
10-05-2010, 11:38 AM
The Law in Germany is as strict as the UK but they can and will ignore you, simply because they know it is a lot of hassle for you to enforce your consumer rights from the UK.
The lesson here is that buying goods from Europe has risks which might not be worth the hassle. All Octagon products can be bought in the UK either in Octagon form or another OEM brand name i.e. Icecrypt etc and these suppliers have to comply to UK regulations.

aapaul
10-05-2010, 01:18 PM
thanks reboot. it was an exchange from octagon. they wasnt doing it in the uk. they stop supporting the sf 918. really had no choice. anyway thanks again

Schnuffi
23-05-2010, 05:17 PM
The law in Germany is on all electronic goods is 2 years so it is even stricter then in the UK

aapaul
25-05-2010, 11:57 AM
hi all thank you for all your surpport. after a lot of email to octagon.the agreed to sort it out. it was the mother board. got it back yesterday. but its cost me £45.00 in postage thats is three time back to octagon.there sould be a law thats if a product is faulty the company should arrange a pick .its sorted now hopefully .a big thanks again

bibo_norway
08-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Hi.
I have never problem with my Octagon SF 918HD, work like a charm.
Me lucky or not?
Have this STB some sort of problem or what?
Maybee good ide for me to sell it and buy some new STB or what?
???!!

PS: But i have never shange firmware or use for CS(dont know how to do, not importent but........)

What i do about auto firmwareupdate on internet?
I can see that possible but i think i dont have corect iP andress for do that?

paulipm
27-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Its worth going to your local consumer protection office ,you may find because its EU that your warrenty does cover you ,have you tried mailing octagon europe.I have brough stuff myself in Europ and was able to claim under the warrenty.So it s worth a go.

joshjess
15-12-2010, 08:43 PM
Another reason to buy from a UK dealer

reboot
17-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Another reason to buy from a UK dealer

Very true but UK version of the same product would would also give you better after sales service.