PDA

View Full Version : Help - can't authorize gift

Bees
06-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Hi Guys

Just bought the 9000 HD from our sponsor and upgrading from a Humax 2000. I have followed the instructions for registering the gift but nothing is happening and it was stuck on the message that it would take maximum 5 minutes. I left it for probably 20 minutes but nothing. There is an orange light where the network cable plugs in with a green flashing one on the other side every few minutes. Can anyone work out what might be wrong.

Many thanks

mushroom
06-05-2010, 07:20 PM
can u ping this box?
try this first

Bees
06-05-2010, 07:22 PM
How do I work out the ip address?

Bees
06-05-2010, 09:41 PM
It's OK, think that I have it working now. Some of the channels on gift descramble OK but other do not. I will experiment over the next few days so that I don't ask a lot of stupid questions!

AM556
06-05-2010, 09:54 PM
If you have one gift channel clearing, you will have all that is available at this time (very occasionally, a package may be off for a while as cs servers need re-booting). Ensure you are looking for a channel that's on the gift on the correct sat as the same channel is often available on different sats.

Bees
07-05-2010, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the help although the Digi tansponders which cleared on Diablo are not clearing with gift (they come up as being Cryptoworks channels). But that brings me to another issue. I thought that I would try the Diablo 2 but the box fails to recognise it. When I investigated, the info screen identifies the box as a 7000 not 9000 and on the settings screen, there is no conditional access menu item, instead the line under USB, "not inserted" (before and after inserying the Diablo)

Do I have a problem?

Thanks again in anticipation.

tr8.
07-05-2010, 12:57 PM
have you loaded the wrong patch there are different ones for 9000 and 7000?
not inserted usually means it cannot read the cam or its not fully home,
try the other slot, i dont have a d2 but ther original and it reads the cam in both slots

Bees
07-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Ah, I thought that the patches were the same for both STBs. I put in the latest which was for the 7000 which does not have a conditional access facility, so maybe it now thinks that it is a 7000?

Bees
07-05-2010, 07:09 PM
All sorted with the fantastic support of Lee at Goldwafers. Even though gift patch works on the 7000 and 9000, if you use the latest patch which is identified as gift for 7000, it will block the common interface facility as the 7000 does not have one. Lee suggested that I apply the D A R K M A N I A V 2 Patch for 9000 HD and this gave me the common interface facilty back with which I could use the Diablo again (some of the gift transponders were not working but are restored with Diablo).

I guess this affected me as I had just bought a Spiderbox and applied the latest gift patch. Thought this might be useful to other Spiderbox virgins! And thanks to Lee for all his help, this underlines why it is best practice to buy from the forum sponsoor.