PDA

View Full Version : Check usb memory?

nml
07-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Just got the box today from our sponsers, first class service.
I have a problem trying to upload gift patch 0420k, loads to 20% then gives the error check Usb memory tried with 2 different memory sticks even tried reformating one on the box still no joy.
Also tried uploading the 20th Dec gift patch to fix it as mentioned on other forums, same problem.
Just uploaded channel list from same memory stick no problem.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks nml

AM556
07-05-2010, 09:41 PM
Delete everything from one of your sticks, format with the spiderbox.
Download 20th Dec patch again to a new location. Now, take note of the file size on site and ensure it downloads the full size (mine doesn't always!), download from a different site if you like.
The 20th Dec fix has never been reported (AFAIK) as failing to overcome the bootloader 20% problem :confused:

nml
08-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Delete everything from one of your sticks, format with the spiderbox.
Download 20th Dec patch again to a new location. Now, take note of the file size on site and ensure it downloads the full size (mine doesn't always!), download from a different site if you like.
The 20th Dec fix has never been reported (AFAIK) as failing to overcome the bootloader 20% problem :confused:

Thanks AM556 reformatted original sticks on Spiderbox, bought a new one today,downloaded files from different sites, checked the size on 3 different computers still no joy usb sticks able to transfer channel list tobox and connected hdd recording and playback fine.

Software version on the box is ver 04.05, LDR:ver 00.21.

Sorry for the delay in responding but i was awaiting a reply from the main support forum they asked for Serial & mac numbers, i gave them these and mentioned purchased from goldwafers unfortunatly they couldnt help, this is the reply i got Sorry, I have no contacts there.. I know nothing about them at all. A pity.. so hopefully if it is a box problem i can get it sorted by our sponsers.
I will keep trying i have been uploading new firmware for years now and more recently beta testing, presently i have 5 linux boxes TM 6900 and of course now a Spiderbox HD 9000.

Thanks again for your help nml

nml
08-05-2010, 04:38 PM
Ok still no joy 2 further questions.

1 When formatting usb stick on box i get the option yes or no select yes, files are gone but it doesnt say format complete.Is this correct?

2 Can you upload gift firmware via serial or net download?

I am beginning to think that the firmware may be corrupted or possibly faulty usb ports.

nml

DARKMAN
08-05-2010, 11:54 PM
please try this...this bootloader fist....

nml
09-05-2010, 07:58 AM
please try this...this bootloader fist....

Hi Darkman already tried all tools firmware now showing as
Ver 3.50, Ldr: 00.21 same as this one still the same problem.

I will try this boot-loader but can you confirm that it should be done withthe standard Download tool it seems to recognize the file.

Regards nml

nml
10-05-2010, 01:48 PM
Tried the boot loader, heart stopping moment box wouldn't start no led's on the front.

However downloaded the Alltools file and box up and running again.

Don't think their is anything left to try now time for an exchange.

nml

chelsea1
11-05-2010, 09:21 AM
Dont think your unique in this problem as I am suffering from the same. All attempts to load this patch fail at 20%.

Anyone found a solution to this yet?

RABBY
11-05-2010, 07:41 PM
Same Here ? Tried 3 Differn*t Pen Drives [ All Crashes at 20% ] Not to bothered as it is working OK:)

p.s Just Reading the post Again [ Gift Patch ] Went On Fine for ME[Working Super ] Latest Darkman patch [Crashes at 20% ]

BRUTUS
11-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Ok, try this:
load the very 1st patch (Dec 2009) first
then load the recent Darkman patch.
I tried 3 different boxes and they all went on fine.
Hope that will help.
BRUTUS

chelsea1
11-05-2010, 10:34 PM
Ok, try this:
load the very 1st patch (Dec 2009) first
then load the recent Darkman patch.
I tried 3 different boxes and they all went on fine.
Hope that will help.
BRUTUS

Thats the very patch Im on brutus:blush5:

BRUTUS
11-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Ok, put this firmware (20 December) 1st, then the latest V2 Darkmania.
It should work.

RABBY
12-05-2010, 06:51 PM
BRUTUS

Ok, put this firmware (20 December) 1st, then the latest V2 Darkmania.
It should would work.

That Done the Trick m8 ?? Latest [latest V2 Darkmania ] Is on my Box:respect-048:

BRUTUS
12-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Well done Rabbit. Glad to know you are sorted. Enjoy.:applause-003:

chelsea1
13-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Thanks Brutus. All sorted:respect-050:

BRUTUS
13-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Thanks Brutus. All sorted:respect-050:

You're welcome, and well done folk.:applause-003:

nml
14-05-2010, 11:47 AM
Finaly sorted box returned to our sponser, the box was tested patches wouldn't load above 20%, so iam now the proud owner of a new exchange box, very impressed so far.
I have to mention the 5 star service provided by Lee, not only did he give email support to try and resolve the issue, i returned the box Tuesday he received it and tested it same morning and immediatly sent a replacement box that i received on Thursday.:applause-003:

By far the best level of support and service that i have ever received from a dealer so guys if you want to buy anything Please Buy From Our SPONSER.

Finally thanks to all members for their help and advice.

nml :respect-059:

medway
04-06-2010, 02:04 PM
Finaly sorted box returned to our sponser, the box was tested patches wouldn't load above 20%, so iam now the proud owner of a new exchange box, very impressed so far.
I have to mention the 5 star service provided by Lee, not only did he give email support to try and resolve the issue, i returned the box Tuesday he received it and tested it same morning and immediatly sent a replacement box that i received on Thursday.:applause-003:

By far the best level of support and service that i have ever received from a dealer so guys if you want to buy anything Please Buy From Our SPONSER.

Finally thanks to all members for their help and advice.

nml :respect-059:

got the hd 9000 the other day and put the 24th may patch on the box
should I have put any earlier patches on as I dont seem to be clearing teq spain on 19e
im getting some french stuff on 19e and the digitalb channels
what else should I be getting?
help! im a newbie with this box
whats cc cam and can I get it?
all help/directions/prog guides would be greatly appreciated
are there softcams available -whats on them re sats?

Bazza1974
04-06-2010, 02:09 PM
Taquilla won't clear as it's not available on Spiderbox.

echelon
05-06-2010, 08:36 AM
got the hd 9000 the other day and put the 24th may patch on the box
should I have put any earlier patches on as I dont seem to be clearing teq spain on 19e
im getting some french stuff on 19e and the digitalb channels
what else should I be getting?
help! im a newbie with this box
whats cc cam and can I get it?
all help/directions/prog guides would be greatly appreciated
are there softcams available -whats on them re sats?

most of the above details are listed in the various spiderbox forums or other sections on here

softcams are posted regularly by brutus or rabby , lists of providers open on the gift are available too , and cccam is dealt with in the dreambox section which explains c or n lines at great length

taquilla isnt open as mentioned above in the previous reply

medway
05-06-2010, 10:38 AM
could you please hyperlink the cc cam discussion/tutorial re the dreambox section
many thanks

echelon
05-06-2010, 10:51 AM
its the newbies dreambox section that has dreambox discussions and the tutorials are clearly listed at the top of that forum inside a sub-forum

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=104