PDA

View Full Version : Ordered a DM500HD, Image/Plugins/Tips?

chrisuk76
07-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Well finally gonna get shut of the AZBox! The 500HD will be here tomorrow and I think it will be a dream (excuse the pun!) to use, compared to the awful sluggish AZbox.

Before the Azbox I had a 7020, so am quite used to the working of a DB, although it might take a bit of re-familiarizing with the exact workings.

Which image is best to use? Would like to have the cccam info on screen, is this available in most images, or can be enabled?

Which Plugins are recommended?

Any other tips, especially when flashing, is it much different to when I would flash my 7020 over webinterface?

Cheers

sonic1
07-05-2010, 08:41 PM
Everything you need you can have in Dream Elite image.

Flash it the same way you flashed your 7020 via web interface and you will be up and running in no time.;)

chrisuk76
07-05-2010, 09:42 PM
Oh and I will be wanting to record to my wired Readynas (not done this before), is it just a case of mapping a network drive under the recording section? Will timeshift work ok using this method?

Cheers

sonic1
07-05-2010, 09:45 PM
My drive is connected via esata but I see no reason why you can not connect via cifs or nfs.
Dream Elite has network manager to help you with this.

chrisuk76
08-05-2010, 12:02 PM
Hi

Got it, can't believe how small it is!

I have installed Dream Elite BH 1.2.4 OE1.6 DM500HD USB Multiboot image posted in the image section and it is up and running cccam and all :)

Also is there a way to give it a IP address in the bootloader or do I need to have DHCP server enabled every time I want to flash a new image? I managed to flash this time by enabling DHCP in my router and guessing which IP address it had been assigned.

I see there are quite a few plugins/addons etc, which are the must haves on the Dream Elite image? And which skin is the best to use, I am wanting to get the cccam info on the info screen etc.

Cheers

sonic1
08-05-2010, 02:07 PM
CCcam info is always on just press OK twice

Version 1.3 is the latest from Dream Elite.

There is info on DMM home page on how to fix the IP for bootloader.

chrisuk76
08-05-2010, 08:21 PM
I take it I need to purchase the usb cable for me to put the static ip in the bootloader?

Do you use the autoresolution plugin? Just wondered if you saw any benefits on the SD channels and what settings you have?

Cheers

jimrare
08-05-2010, 10:55 PM
I take it I need to purchase the usb cable for me to put the static ip in the bootloader?

Do you use the autoresolution plugin? Just wondered if you saw any benefits on the SD channels and what settings you have?

Cheers
NO box can improve image quality of sd channels, only the provider sending the picture can do this. As for the autoresolution plugin use the default options, you can also try out your own configuration and see what makes you happy.

chrisuk76
09-05-2010, 12:03 AM
NO box can improve image quality of sd channels, only the provider sending the picture can do this.

The JSC Sport channels particularly on the footy are really poor, does anyone else find this?

Quailman
09-05-2010, 12:06 AM
The JSC Sport channels particularly on the footy are really poor, does anyone else find this?

Yes on all my sat boxes its the same, thats why its cheap.

manhatten
10-05-2010, 10:39 PM
I am sure that the broadcasters send poor quality SD in the hope that you will upgrade to There HD package.

man

pedigree
12-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Hi
Regarding the request above from chrisuk76. Is it possible to have the cccam info displayed on channel change as with the dm800,
Thanks
Pedigree

Quailman
13-05-2010, 12:11 AM
Yes mate, just install cccam info.

sonic1
13-05-2010, 08:31 AM
Press OK and you will see it other than that you need to disable light skin on zap

pedigree
13-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Thanks Sonic 1 that worked. It is now located on the bottom of the screen I muat look at a few different skins.
Regards
Pedigree