PDA

View Full Version : Home Streaming

Bees
09-05-2010, 08:16 AM
I've been using a Popcorn Hour to stream content from my computer to the TV. Spiderbox sounded attractive with its built-in streaming capabilities, Finally got it working (having realised that the windows firewall was blocking it) and found that it will only play avi movies and not mkv ones. Is there a work round and will the Spiderbox support local shares? Also, I used the Playon server with the Popcorn Hour which gave me access to internet content such as radio and Youtube (as does the Popcorn Hour). Will the Spiderbox ever be capable of hooking up to Playon or indeed allow access to to sites such as Youtube?

By the way, the Spiderbox is brilliant and the picture is far superior to the receiver that it is replacing - a Humax HDC 2000. The good thing about the old receiver was that you could see which stations had been downloaded and choose to delete the ones that you did not want to save. That doesn't seem possible with the Spiderbox, but hey, life is full of compromises and right now, I love this stb.