PDA

View Full Version : Help with EPG for DM800

Cormac
09-05-2010, 11:34 AM
Hi everyone. I'm a newbie and I've got as far as loading Gemini 4.70 on my DM800 and I've managed to set it up with with my existing Sky dish and found all channels on 28.2e. I've even setup my first bouquet :respect-014:

So, that's as far as I can get through looking through threads so I've got to ask for some help. How do I setup an EPG for my DM?

Also, if I telnet to the DM, what is the username and password?

loveman
09-05-2010, 01:28 PM
To telnet into the dreambox, the default username is root and no password is set. So, once telnetted in, it's best to type passwd and set whatever password you want. If there is a default password put in, it's usually "dreambox".

As for getting an epg, the easiest way is to use the dream-elite blackhole 1.3 image, and then download it from either the satmate or the rytec sites (blue button, red button, choose either the satmate-uk or rytec-skyuk by highlighting and pressing ok, then press yellow button to download. Once downloaded, you can press red to close as prompted.

Other option with dream-elite, is to enable to open-tv setting in general settings, then download with that...

If you really want to use gemini image, then you can use crossepg to set it up, but it's been a while since I've tried cross-epg, so can't remember how to set that up. imo, the best option is the satmate download for skyuk...

Cormac
09-05-2010, 01:59 PM
To telnet into the dreambox, the default username is root and no password is set. So, once telnetted in, it's best to type passwd and set whatever password you want. If there is a default password put in, it's usually "dreambox".

As for getting an epg, the easiest way is to use the dream-elite blackhole 1.3 image, and then download it from either the satmate or the rytec sites (blue button, red button, choose either the satmate-uk or rytec-skyuk by highlighting and pressing ok, then press yellow button to download. Once downloaded, you can press red to close as prompted.

Other option with dream-elite, is to enable to open-tv setting in general settings, then download with that...

If you really want to use gemini image, then you can use crossepg to set it up, but it's been a while since I've tried cross-epg, so can't remember how to set that up. imo, the best option is the satmate download for skyuk...

Thanks Loveman - telnet worked a treat. :respect-048:

My DM is brand new so I'm happy to install other images to try them out. I only went with gemini because it seems to be the most popular out there! I'll download the dream-elite blackhole 1.3 image now

Cormac
10-05-2010, 11:28 AM
I installed dream-elite blackhole 1.3 image and set it up fine - thanks for the suggestion :respect-048:

The satmate-uk EPG wasn't on the list but rytec-skyuk was so I installed that - again, thanks for the pointers. One thing though - the EPG only shows what is on a group of channels now and to can use the right button to see what is on later. You can't jump ahead by 24 hours or anything.

I was hoping to find something that was the equivalent of the EPG on my Sky box. Does such an animal exist or is this just hoping for too much?

sonic1
10-05-2010, 11:37 AM
If you go to the addons server > settings you will see an updated EPG list with satmate uk :respect-055:

sparky_dog
10-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Is satmate better the rytec one? I've just changed over from Gemini/CrossEPG to the BH Dream Elite image, and have found the Rytec EPG server pretty good, but not quite 100%.

I got fed up with CrossEPG downloading when it liked, it seems to have a mind of it's own!

Sorry to go off topic slightly, but does anyone know if there is an equivalent of the 'quickbutton' on Gemini? I had the green button set up so it would go straight to MultiGraph EPG, but there doesn't seem to be an equivalent in BlackHole.

sonic1
10-05-2010, 12:47 PM
I find satmate the best by far. Almost 100%

Cormac
10-05-2010, 03:29 PM
If you go to the addons server > settings you will see an updated EPG list with satmate uk :respect-055:

Thanks mate - I'll have to check that route out because it wasn't there when I followed loveman's steps. Does this EPG allow you to jump ahead 24 hours, etc.?

sonic1
10-05-2010, 04:00 PM
It's a 7 day epg so you can add timer events for the whole week. :respect-055:

loveman
10-05-2010, 08:51 PM
To see the full list of programmes, when you are going through the bouquets, select the channel you want to look at, and press the info button. This will show the whole week epg data.

Also, if you want to see all channels in a bouquet, then go to the bouquets, and press the number 3, then choose the bouquet you want to see the epg of. If this doesn't work (because you've disabled the epg buttons in the options), then hold in the info button (long press) and select the graphical epg option...

Also, to check when you have the latest epg options file, you can go to www.rytec.be, and download the Deliteepgproviders.zip file, then copy the extracted file over to /etc/ in the dreambox via ftp and overwrite the file...

sparky_dog
10-05-2010, 11:18 PM
Sorry to go off topic slightly, but does anyone know if there is an equivalent of the 'quickbutton' on Gemini? I had the green button set up so it would go straight to MultiGraph EPG, but there doesn't seem to be an equivalent in BlackHole.

hold in the info button (long press) and select the graphical epg option...

That's the answer to my problem, not quite as easy as the Gemini quickbutton, but simple enough.

Cheers! :respect-048:

canthackit
12-05-2010, 01:29 PM
satmate keeps crashing my box, any suggestions :respect-050:

regards: canthackit

sonic1
12-05-2010, 02:58 PM
satmate keeps crashing my box, any suggestions :respect-050:

A few reports of this m8, it seems to be a problem with the file from satmate.

I will make contact with them and see if they know what the problem is.

canthackit
12-05-2010, 03:34 PM
thanks sonic1
Yo Da Man :respect-020:

Cormac
13-05-2010, 07:46 PM

Mate - how do you get to the addons server? :o15:

Thanks

sonic1
13-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Green Button > Yellow Button > OK

sonic1
13-05-2010, 08:25 PM
@canthackit

The guys at satmate are looking into the problem.:respect-048:

apriliarsvr
29-05-2010, 09:51 AM
im using sat mate and i find it very good..
as recomended by sonic..!!

in the settings iv got "open tv loader" disabled is there any advantage in enableing this feature..?

also if i enabled the auto refresh feature at my chosen time is there a setting where the box will automaticly swithch off after its updated...

and will the epg have to be manually updated without these features enabled..!! many thanks indeed.!!

apriliarsvr
31-05-2010, 12:55 PM
is the satmate epg daily updates comming through the dish... or the internet...

as im not sure weather or not to leave my router on to recieve them...!!

many thanks..!!

loveman
31-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Satmate comes thru internet, opentv epg downloads come through dish...

apriliarsvr
31-05-2010, 05:57 PM
so is the idea to use one or the other... or both..?

loveman
01-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Use one or the other...

Personally, I use the satmate ones perfectly fine... I find when I try the opentv ones, I get really poor results and lots of descriptions missing. There are still descriptions missing using the satmate, but less than what I got when using opentv updates...

apriliarsvr
01-06-2010, 09:12 PM
ok so iv now set the epg update as...

automatic epg refresh.... ENABLED
open tv epg loader......... NO

sorted..!!

many thanks loveman..! :0)