PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion please...

BRUTUS
09-05-2010, 01:49 PM
It's nice to see most of people finally agreeing that this spiderbox is one of the best, (the best imho), out there, price, quality and efficiency put together. Especially now that the box is client and server...
full linux...beauty.:respect-051:
PLEASE!!! This is for those who have the box and using it. Not to compare with any other box, just your view and what can be done to make it even better. Plzzzzzzzzz.....

scallywag
09-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Not an opinion just a quick question that if they can get it right then it will truely be a great box. Any progress in getting the cccam 2.1.4 working without so many freezes or is it fixed with the latest upday. Seems a lot of severs are using 2.1.4 and unwilling to drop to an older cccam.
Cheers

xanadu
09-05-2010, 02:06 PM
It's nice to see most of people finally agreeing that this spiderbox is one of the best,

What people?

BRUTUS
09-05-2010, 02:22 PM
What people?

People here....those who own the box of course...
here: https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=132916
and here: https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=132442
and here: https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=132920
all over the web...:rofl:

BRUTUS
09-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Not an opinion just a quick question that if they can get it right then it will truely be a great box. Any progress in getting the cccam 2.1.4 working without so many freezes or is it fixed with the latest upday. Seems a lot of severs are using 2.1.4 and unwilling to drop to an older cccam.
Cheers

I have to agree with you, it still work to do, it's an ongoing development and hopefully now that the box is also server that should be done in the next upgrade. Thanks m8.

hooley
09-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Until they fix the 2.13 and 2.14 glitching the box is second best to my Tm500

BRUTUS
09-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Thanks Hooley, just a quick question, is the TM500 and HD box? I don't think so, that one of the reasons why it can easily use the 2.13 and 2.14...
I take it like you don't mind HD chrystal clear channels...
As said earlier, this is ongoing development and yes there is room to improve still.
Anyway, thank you so much.

chris-k
09-05-2010, 03:09 PM
best box i ever had :cup-006:
all those functions for a cheap price.:king-041:
and for that glitch in some cccam versions,,,
improvement goes on all the time.
seems like ´theres no end to the posibilities´ :grouphug:

hooley
09-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Thanks Hooley, just a quick question, is the TM500 and HD box? I don't think so, that one of the reasons why it can easily use the 2.13 and 2.14...
I take it like you don't mind HD chrystal clear channels...
As said earlier, this is ongoing development and yes there is room to improve still.
Anyway, thank you so much.

Well Brutus you asked the question. Just cause its not a big love in, no need to get your knickers in a twist

BRUTUS
09-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Come on, let's no go to the bin, please...I respected your point of view and even tahnk you for it (warmly). So please keep this thread in line, opinions only, no feeling. Thank you.

iwols
09-05-2010, 03:54 PM
had quite a lot of boxes but this is the best so far,just needs a good channel editor

Bees
09-05-2010, 05:02 PM
Certainly a great box and am very happy with it. Shame there is no TP name on the display and could benefit from an easier way to delete TPs from main channels view but minor niggles comapred to the great value and picture.

Anrakh
09-05-2010, 05:08 PM
Channel editors are for lazy people :302:
Just kidding.. There's a new one due out soon, but we're discussing the box itself here.
All I can say is it's brilliant. It's for watching TV. If I want to play about with Linux, I use the Vu+ Duo. When I want to watch something on TV, the spiderbox goes on.
It's very easy to use, too easy for some masochistic hobbyists, but fabulous in what it does. Even the wife can use it - and there's the problem :respect-050:

RABBY
09-05-2010, 05:35 PM
For the Price ?? This box is Bloody Super ?? Over the years I have paid Plenty [ Cams @ cards @ satboxes ] This Little box Does more ? Very Happy :respect-048:

Satcat
09-05-2010, 05:51 PM
It's a very good box, and the support/development is excellent.

onecard
09-05-2010, 05:52 PM
Bang for buck, best buy at the moment no contest.

AM556
09-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Every box could be blessed with "that little extra feature" but the ones that are important at this price bracket are more than catered for. There is already a thread open on the subject https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=132442 which covers opinions of owners.

scrapman
09-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Every box could be blessed with "that little extra feature" but the ones that are important at this price bracket are more than catered for. There is already a thread open on the subject https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=132442 which covers opinions of owners.

lol no need to shout m8.seems you dont like this box then :eek:

AM556
09-05-2010, 07:42 PM
lol no need to shout m8.seems you dont like this box then :eek:

lol sorry mate, font size suits my eyes now, maybe been watching too much p0rn on my spiderbox :respect-051:

eme
09-05-2010, 10:00 PM
can u record 2 different channels at once ? cheers, not on same tp

Exxxklusive
09-05-2010, 10:05 PM
As a football lover & TM owner & seeing the current sat situation dictate it's eventual demise, relegating it to slip down my own & alot of peoples 'receiver of choice' list...I was on the lookout for an upgrade for more than one reason & the SpiderBox ticks all the boxes & fits the bill for exactly what i was looking for...

At first there were only 2 real requirements, any purchase had to be HD as i'd purchased a fullHD TV which i wanted to take advantage of & get more use from (Other than the PS3) & as i'd recently become more interested in feedhunting over the past cpl of years my other requirement was a good blindscan option...

Now alot of receivers could probably stake a claim to having both of these in their list of specs, so i was patient & spent a little time reviewing various options before making a decision...
As a non-sharer with no plans to do so at this time or the immediate future & the technical aspect & learning curve that goes with it, i wasn't considering linux boxes which reduced my options down to a cpl of possibilities which suited my needs...

So as i'd deliberated & delayed my choice in order to make the best possible purchase, i then heard about the SpiderBox...The specs looked good, it was HD, it had a decent blindscan (Which it turns out is really good as it delivers all info required for feeds found which is ideal for reporting feeds for others) AND it had also included a "gift" option which would provide me with many veiwing options with regards to seeing my team play & numerous other football games (The films & everything else are an extra bonus)...

So the SpiderBox HD flew to the top of list & the more i read about it & realised just how perfect it was for me, there was nothing that came close to knocking it off being the first choice & had so many plus points to suot my needs, i didn't waste any time in making sure i was one of the ones who were lucky enough to get one in the first ever batch...

HD, superb blindscan, easily updatable via USB & remote, good value for money considering the total value of the gift, 12months gift for increased chances of watching my team when i cannot get to the game, proven support team whom i have alot of respect for, plus i was able to support the sponsors of a forum that i'm priveleged to be a member of...And the promises of ongoing support are proving good to their word as the team are working hard to make this receiver an ideal choice for all members needs, adding more gift options & working on software improvements options & perfecting an already quite perfect receiver as it stands...AND with one of the more recent additions regarding the master server capabilities this becomes even more attractive as it means i won't even need to get my wallet out again for a new receiver when i do decide to join the sharing community...

It does seriously keep getting better & better & everytime i think it can't get any better than this, it keeps on impressing me more thanks to great support...
I've not even mentioned alot of the other capabilities & qualities this box has, as i've concentrated on what makes this box ideal for ME...

Importantly amongst all the good points, i have had options to watch my Everton play every single game since i got my SpiderBox with today being the only exception, BUT i had my ticket booked for todays match for ages so i didn't miss the game & frankly i cannot put a price on this at all, i'm truly grateful to be a spiderBox owner to have these options & i'm completely satisfied with my purchase...

Sorry if my post is a little long, but i did actually cut it short to the main points which please me personally & it is a sincere, honest, unbiased opinion about the SpiderBox HD & why it is perfect for me...:)

Exxx

BRUTUS
09-05-2010, 10:24 PM

No, you can't record 2 channels at once...

dcselec
09-05-2010, 10:48 PM
Im with Exxxklusive I bought this box to watch the footie
and so far I have watched every game I wanted to
as for eme post

No it cannot but if I had wanted to I would have bought a
box that could do that but have never found the need

The spiderbox is simple
to set up easy to use and does what I want

Very happywith my spiderbox :respect-050:

Dave

spunky
10-05-2010, 01:16 PM
I am more than happy with spiderbox suits all my needs just fine,

10/10

bobthedog
10-05-2010, 01:49 PM
I'm not in situation to connect it to internet so is there a point in buying one.

eme
10-05-2010, 06:10 PM
oh well if it cant record 2 channels at once i may as well stick to my well running azbox. thanks anyway.:respect-050:

terry l
10-05-2010, 06:14 PM
This thread is turning into an advertising campaign..[in my opinion]..

BRUTUS
10-05-2010, 07:00 PM
This thread is turning into an advertising campaign..[in my opinion]..

Mods and Admins, if you feel the same, please feel free to lock it. It's not in my intention to do an advert here as I have no financial interest whatsoever in this box or any other box. I just want to have as many feedbacks as possible so that we all can take the best out of the box because I am sure there is plenty feature possibles with the box.
Brutus.:respect-054: