PDA

View Full Version : tm6800 faulty again

mister-t
10-05-2010, 02:08 PM
looks like my tm6800 super hd is faulty yet again,only had it repaired just before xmas,display kept showing lnb fault,now it wont scan certain frequencies,no digi channels on 1w,no canal digitaal channels on 19e
my old sammy 9500 locks onto them ok,so gonna look into a different reciever
not spending anymore money on a reciever that keeps breaking down
mister-t

Giga
10-05-2010, 02:28 PM
scanning? Try this:
Main menu
Installation
PID Search
Satellite: select 19.2°E
Transponder:12343 (with left cursor on RCU)
Symbol Rate: 27500
Polarization: H
It should show the specs as above
when you have that transponder press the ●
let us know what happens?

mister-t
10-05-2010, 03:00 PM
scanning? Try this:
Main menu
Installation
PID Search
Satellite: select 19.2°E
Transponder:12343 (with left cursor on RCU)
Symbol Rate: 27500
Polarization: H
It should show the specs as above
when you have that transponder press the ●
let us know what happens?

scanned dorcel tv

Giga
10-05-2010, 03:50 PM
so looks there is no problem with your TM6800HDSuper
you should now find these channels: RTL4, RTL5, RTL7, RTL 8, TV Oranje, Discovery, Animal Planet, Eurosport, Cartoon Network, TCM, Hallmark, Dorcel.
If you have the latest patch loaded with it's softcam some channels should clear.

What is your setup? Motorized or fixed LNB's?
With this one you should be able to clean out Unused channels & transponders and satellites:
Channel Editor (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=110802) <= click here

mister-t
10-05-2010, 04:06 PM
so looks there is no problem with your TM6800HDSuper
you should now find these channels: RTL4, RTL5, RTL7, RTL 8, TV Oranje, Discovery, Animal Planet, Eurosport, Cartoon Network, TCM, Hallmark, Dorcel.
If you have the latest patch loaded with it's softcam some channels should clear.

What is your setup? Motorized or fixed LNB's?
With this one you should be able to clean out Unused channels & transponders and satellites:
Channel Editor (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=110802) <= click here

there is no film 1.1 or 1.2 or 1.3 sammy picks them up np problem
on 1w sammy picks up all the digi package up tm finds none at all
so ther definately is a problem but what im not sure

Giga
10-05-2010, 04:16 PM
When you don't use Sat Radio: on the RCU:
switch from TV to Radio operation (Top left button) TV/RAD
middle right SAT
in Satellite List select: All Channel
Menu select Edit Channels select Delete Channels
Info Delete All Channels (enter pin 0 0 0 0) if you did not change this default.
Confirm Delete: select YES, press OK
Save the channel list on USB stick
copy on safe place on you computer
use a copy to edit
open it with Studio Editor
on the satellite page: note numbers of not used/unwanted satellites
go in channel list, right mouse click
Select Order by Satellite-Name
go to the first channel with the unwanted satellite number and select it
press shift (keep it pressed down) and press arrow down (keyboard) and go to the last channel of that satellite (position before the satellite number goes one up)
these channels no all should be selected
press delete (all selected channels are gone)
go now to the transponder page
right mouse click select order by satellite
goto the first transponder with the unwanted satellitenumber, select it
press shift down (keep pressed down) and press arrow down (keyboard) and go to the last transponder of that satellite (position before the satellite number goes one up)
press delete: all selected transponders are removed.
goto the satellite page, select the unwanted satellite and delete
you can do this for unused satellites (out of reach, no reception, ...)

check the instructions how to web update wanted satellites, when you don this, go to the favorites pages and remove all groups beyond 16.

your channel list is now ready to be transfered back to your receiver.

to update the channellist in the receiver use Autonavigation
Menu: Installation: Autonavigation
select on the left side the satellites to update (cursor up/down) and press ok to select (color change)
when satellites are selected: cursor right and select these:
Search Type: TV (should be marked darker blue)
Network Search: Off
Select Scan: (orange color) and press ok on remote
then you save the channel list back to usb and organize the channellist to your likings.

hope this helps you further with enjoying watching satellite

Giga
10-05-2010, 04:17 PM
film 1.1 & 1.2 are on this transponder: 12515 H 22000 (same procedure)

mister-t
10-05-2010, 04:21 PM
film 1.1 & 1.2 are on this transponder: 12515 H 22000 (same procedure)

no signal on that transponder but if i use my old sammy then signal is there

Giga
10-05-2010, 05:12 PM
ok: main menu: Installation: Satellite Setup
select Satellite on 19.2°E
select transponder 12515 H/22000
LNB power: ON
LNB Type: Universal
LNB Freq: 9750/10600
22Khz: Auto
DiSEqC 1.0
DiSEqC 1.1
DiSEqC should match your situation

What % are level and quality and color?

mister-t
10-05-2010, 05:42 PM
ok: main menu: Installation: Satellite Setup
select Satellite on 19.2°E
select transponder 12515 H/22000
LNB power: ON
LNB Type: Universal
LNB Freq: 9750/10600
22Khz: Auto
DiSEqC 1.0
DiSEqC 1.1
DiSEqC should match your situation

What % are level and quality and color?

giga my friend all my settings are correct,my reciever follows the arc perfectly
my samsung 9500 picks up the channels no problem,the tm shows blue on the signal meter for quality and level,samsung works tm does not

Giga
10-05-2010, 05:48 PM
this means you have reception on that transponder!
did you already empty your radio channels, should release some memory in your receiver

mister-t
10-05-2010, 06:21 PM
this means you have reception on that transponder!
did you already empty your radio channels, should release some memory in your receiver

all radio channels deleted,my mistake giga level and quality are both red not blue

Giga
10-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Ok I upload you a channellist for astra 19.2°E only, save your channel list and keep it safe so you can reload it afterwards. Unzip this one and load it on to USB stick. and load it on your receiver
no diseqc settings: so you might adjust these to fit your setup:

channels are in: fav 1

mister-t
10-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Ok I upload you a channellist for astra 19.2°E only, save your channel list and keep it safe so you can reload it afterwards. Unzip this one and load it on to USB stick. and load it on your receiver
no diseqc settings: so you might adjust these to fit your setup:

channels are in: fav 1

still the same giga mate,i really think the tuner has had its day

Giga
10-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Is only your TM connected to the LNB? nothing else? are you getting signal on other transponders? if so try another pid search on 12515, if no reception on other transponders: did you change the satellite setup to your setup? That channellist has only power on setting no diseqc set or anything else? Is weird as you had reception on 12343?

mister-t
10-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Is only your TM connected to the LNB? nothing else? are you getting signal on other transponders? if so try another pid search on 12515, if no reception on other transponders: did you change the satellite setup to your setup? That channellist has only power on setting no diseqc set or anything else? Is weird as you had reception on 12343?

nothing else connected to tm,its weird but i can get other transponders on other sats,except on thor no digi tv,except on samsung or if i use skystar card,tm just will not lock onto certain transponders.its got to be the the tuner
as some channels work others dont

Giga
10-05-2010, 09:58 PM
last test:
change LNB Freq 09750/10600 and see if this improves to 1 down or 1 up
09749/10599 or 09751/10601 could be a problem with oscillator and the used lnb one of those could have a deviation?

and if you have gsm, dect phone or wifi, wireless RF equipment, ... close to the receiver or coax cables, switch these off could be an interference of some kind?

no more ideas then these? take it to a friend or dealer hook it up there and see if you have the same problem?

mister-t
10-05-2010, 10:17 PM
last test:
change LNB Freq 09750/10600 and see if this improves to 1 down or 1 up
09749/10599 or 09751/10601 could be a problem with oscillator and the used lnb one of those could have a deviation?

and if you have gsm, dect phone or wifi, wireless RF equipment, ... close to the receiver or coax cables, switch these off could be an interference of some kind?

no more ideas then these? take it to a friend or dealer hook it up there and see if you have the same problem?

ok thanks for all your help,just to add if i change lnb to single lnb freq to 10.600 22khz to off then i have signal on on 12.515 h on 19e.

gbazza68
10-05-2010, 11:18 PM
Mister-t, have been having a similar sort of problem as you.
My 6900 wont tune in some of the higher vertical transponders. Have tracked down the fault to it being to hot!! Have it at the bottom of my stack of receivers and too much heat being generated.
Turned it off for a while and put it on its own and seems to be ok for now. Hope it might help you out
And thanks for all your help Giga, much appreciated

Giga
11-05-2010, 09:22 AM
ok thanks for all your help,just to add if i change lnb to single lnb freq to 10.600 22khz to off then i have signal on on 12.515 h on 19e.
cooling tip: put receiver on stone floor (not with floor heating) If cooling does not help and it does not work in auto? check your cable and its connections you could have some loss that 22khz pulse is not getting to the LNB. (oxidized, loose strands, moisture, ...)

mister-t
11-05-2010, 11:37 AM
cooling tip: put receiver on stone floor (not with floor heating) If cooling does not help and it does not work in auto? check your cable and its connections you could have some loss that 22khz pulse is not getting to the LNB. (oxidized, loose strands, moisture, ...)

sorted now giga mate,there was a split in cable,cut off bad cable rejoined
and now all working
thanks for all your help and patience
much appreciated
mister-t

Giga
11-05-2010, 12:40 PM
no problem m8 =>> https://www.satpimps.co.uk/images/styles/soness/buttons/post_thanks.gif x times would not hurt :coolgleamA: