PDA

View Full Version : Azbox Firmware Update Silent

tmsani
12-05-2010, 04:54 AM
Azbox seems to be quiet for last 3 weeks not even those small bug fixes...
Looks like their s/w developer has resigned & joined DMM :)

mushroom
12-05-2010, 05:53 AM
yes everything seems dead.either opensat closed or they think they made the perfect firmware :)

xanadu
12-05-2010, 07:51 AM
Perhaps they got lost in volcanic cloud. :D

buyukbang
12-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Look at this:

http://forum.azbox.com/index.php/topic,329.0.html

PR2 says "The Multimedia part is currently being rewrote"

I think thats' the reason of the silence and I'm very happy to hear they were doing something serious !

mushroom
12-05-2010, 05:52 PM
i can imagine then how long they will be silent:)

Carp95
12-05-2010, 05:56 PM
i can imagine then how long they will be silent:)

LOL I really enjoy your optimistic view off life

GET A LIFE!!

First only complaints that they are doing nothing incl communication and when they do you already have a sarcastic comment ready.

Just test latest fw and latest multicas and then I wanna hear what isn't working

killerno
12-05-2010, 07:57 PM

GET A LIFE!!

First only complaints that they are doing nothing incl communication and when they do you already have a sarcastic comment ready.

Just test latest fw and latest multicas and then I wanna hear what isn't working

I tested multicas is really great, but with the latest FW EPG is unstable, mixing the programmes after no info at all. For you is working good?Any solution or go back to azbox-0.9.4717 fw?
cheers

mushroom
12-05-2010, 08:38 PM

GET A LIFE!!

Yes i am always optimistic.Thats why i bought a new receiver.And really i get a life by doing so.
I was waiting for more than a year from opensat to make something good.but i see that nothing changes so i make the move.And really i am very happy for my decision.
Dont take my comments personally or negative.although i dont own an azbox anymore my comments are a shout to opensat to release good firmware because its really pity for this receiver to be lost and soon forgotten.
Also i dont have nothing to say against you m8 or anyone else.i really enjoyed your posts and help while i was using azbox and still enjoy reading your posts.
Btw ,you mentioned multicas, multicas is the most stable thing on azbox.and want to thank its developers for their hard work
:respect-020:

rocktheroad
13-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Anga Cable show is reason for this delay... they are on booth trying to promote box... in June we should expect new FW-s... usually small tweaks and new bugs...

medmed
13-05-2010, 01:41 PM
the last year , opensat give this reason (ANGA)
but the true reason is more time and other more time.
is my opinion after one year and 6 month
AZboxHD is a good media center but not the DVB sat box this is reality

xanadu
13-05-2010, 05:36 PM
AZboxHD is a good media center but not the DVB sat box this is reality

It's a poor media centre, but very good sat receiver in my opinion.

massimo1167
13-05-2010, 06:08 PM
It's a poor media centre, but very good sat receiver in my opinion.

In my opinion Azbox is a poor media center and very bad sat receiver, one of the best thing of this object is the Opensat support...:9898:

medmed
13-05-2010, 06:14 PM
use the old firmware original,you have a nice media center
and sat receiver = unstable (EPG,list channels,reader card local,gogo list,
install firm via net,...)

Carp95
13-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Sat receiver is 100% now since 4348

Media part is not 100%

GOGO item is goone ( at last )

Gogo never worked on any receiver for every costumer so I'am glad it's goone.

Cardreaders worke overhere ( with multicas or newcs )

EPG has a nice plugin ( if your provider doesn't support EIT )

With MAZ 3.0 you can make perfect channel lists even import the enigma ones.

Left:

- Install firmware via net..............

Well that one is trough because the update server is beeing brought down by some idiots and,.....................

Through USB workes fine.

tmsani
13-05-2010, 06:36 PM

Media part is not 100%

Left:

Well that one is trough because the update server is beeing brought down by some idiots and,.....................

Through USB workes fine.

Sat receiver is not 100% yet lot of HD channels are not getting tuned...
When i switch between DVB-T to DVB-S it get's locked i have tried several times this not one-off..
Muticas doesn't read some ir2 cards getting message unknown...Dreambox & other receivers reads without any issues...
Recording doesn't work on NDS...
Muticas freezing issues...
list goes on....

Carp95
13-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Sat receiver is not 100% yet lot of HD channels are not getting tuned...
When i switch between DVB-T to DVB-S it get's locked i have tried several times this not one-off..
Muticas doesn't read some ir2 cards getting message unknown...Dreambox & other receivers reads without any issues...
Recording doesn't work on NDS...
Muticas freezing issues...
list goes on....

lot of HD channels are not getting tuned... Wich ones??

switch between DVB-T to DVB-S it get's locked Do a rescan

Dreambox & other receivers reads without any issues... Wich cards and btw Dreambox can only read firecrypt

Recording doesn't work on NDS... I can record Sly UK fine even without local card

Muticas freezing issues... Use priocaid and ignore

leerock
13-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Well....
i totally agree with Carp here...

none of the mentioned issues actually exist now....
box is much more stable with recent fws....

i use 4785 and it s almost perfect...
the zapping speed is 2x faster for me now with the latest multicas and i do not have any glitches even on NDZ...

IMO the media center doesn t need to be rewritten coz it works pretty well...
the only issue is the sound blips on DTS every now and then, and this must be a drivers problem i guess....

What the box needs right now is a faster gui...
It s sooooo damn slow...
it gets very boring when browsing the interface....
it takes sooo long that makes you think if you ve actually pressed that button...

killerno
13-05-2010, 07:57 PM

Media part is not 100%

Left:

Through USB workes fine.

hi

you mean if i gonna use this epg plugin the EPG gonna be fine?Because with the latest FW EPG is mixing for me, sometimes disappear.
thx

xanadu
13-05-2010, 08:11 PM
IMO the media center doesn t need to be rewritten coz it works pretty well....

It's not just DTS sound dropouts, but complete loss of viewing of some movies about half way through which is very annoying. I can't trust the Azbox for watching movies. Also why is the fast forward restricted to 8x speed, it should be capable of at 64x fast forward. It just takes a lifetime to get where you want.

I continue to use my PS3 for serious movie watching.

massimo1167
14-05-2010, 09:11 AM

Media part is not 100%

Left:

Through USB workes fine.

sorry, maybe I'm using a fake azbox, another box dress up like an opensat receiver.
I have a lot of points in my bug list and if I compare azbox with DM product, I can see a lot of gap, but it remains a strictly my personal opinion, always depends on what one seeks.

I respect your opinion, however, we are here to talk freely, which is no longer on the official forum that is guided solely by the logic of extreme censorship.
At this point I am convinced that "the incident" which caused the loss of all previous discussions in the official forum, it was a premeditated "incident" helpful to clear the entire list of reports of various bugs in the firmware and the not enthusiastic opinions of customers: certainly not a good advertisement. ;-)

Carp95
14-05-2010, 09:15 AM
Well the discussions and buglists aren't lost they still have them.

Extreme censorship was a good thing in my opinion ( you can't have guys coming in calling themselfs A.H and say the most disgusting things on the forum)

That kind off people created the extreme censorship

leerock
14-05-2010, 09:27 AM
It's not just DTS sound dropouts, but complete loss of viewing of some movies about half way through which is very annoying. I can't trust the Azbox for watching movies.

well... this also happened to me in 3 out of the 80 mkv movies i ve wathced on azbox...
Do you get this more frequently?
i use nfs shares and buyukbang's PriorityManager....

massimo1167
14-05-2010, 10:38 AM
Well the discussions and buglists aren't lost they still have them.
I know, but not reported in official forum...:congratulations-008

Extreme censorship was a good thing in my opinion ( you can't have guys coming in calling themselfs A.H and say the most disgusting things on the forum)

That kind off people created the extreme censorship
I agree with You, if someone insult other people it's ok to censor this kind of behavior, but if someone ask about state of work related to bug reported 3 month ago, without insult anybody, I think isn't necessary to censor a discussion (not even a private explanation):respect-applause-00.

I finally gave up, the official forum is a waste of time, so the various Fatgiant, Geeko or other read threads in other forums more useful such as this one.:respect-051: