PDA

View Full Version : 0.9.4879 feedback

freshmaker
14-05-2010, 08:18 AM
Hi chaps,

I thought it would be good to have a 0.9.4879 feedback thread.

tx0
14-05-2010, 12:32 PM
I can't even download this masterpiece.

Error

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

Smudger
14-05-2010, 12:55 PM
I downloaded ok using latest Maz.

Just formated a usb stick and I'm sure this is a new format disk screen I maybe wrong

hfmls
14-05-2010, 12:59 PM
BUGS: OPENSAT U DEFENITILY SUCK!

S-U-C-K!

Lame lame lame lame.

Have shame!! over 15 months and we can't even watch DTS movies, no EPG, no gui change in channel list. And the list goes ON.

U suck! period.

Good thing i bought a dm800 clone for watching TV. Kicks 100x times azbox ass!

tx0
14-05-2010, 01:02 PM

Mine is on its way. :respect-050:
Have you noticed any disadvantage in dm800?

hfmls
14-05-2010, 01:05 PM
no, because i now use a asus o!play for media.
and stability,speed and TV part and plugins are just PERFECT in dm800 (dream-elite)

freshmaker
14-05-2010, 01:17 PM
230 Euro for dm800 clon is good price ?

hfmls
14-05-2010, 01:19 PM
no.

google i b o x 8 00 hd . c o m

199€ with taxs

then update with dream-elite patched images.
perfect.

freshmaker
14-05-2010, 01:24 PM
in my minde i have 2 reciver one is Spiderboox 9000HD and one is Dream800HD

tx0
14-05-2010, 01:30 PM
could someone gimme a working link to DL new Azbox fw?

cerci
14-05-2010, 01:37 PM
url=http://rapidshare.com/files/387165964/azbox-0.9.4879-patch.bin
http://az.evg33.ru/fw/

buyukbang
14-05-2010, 02:24 PM
I'm sad to see you lost your patience and you are right at some points. I'm really mad about the censor in official forum and no progress about some long waited bugs.

But...

I'm an HD addict who cares about the picture quality and a HiFi addict who cares about the sound quality and I cannot even bother with a simple fan noise! :bigear: (like in some DM clones)

So I'm again happy with my Azbox with its current conditions, but of course I ask more from Opensat as all consumers do.

When watching an HD movie or football match, plugins, channel zapping speed, E1, E2 or Ex is not important. Only things I enjoy are image and sound quality, not installing plugins or other software toys.

I've a friend that have azbox and VU+ Duo. He uses VU+ DUO for zapping and uses Azbox for watching HD football matches because of it perfect picture quality :biggrinjester:

I've a PC connected to my LCD TV and I can watch every movie file with this setup. But I don't use it after buying Azbox, since it's simpler to watch a mkv with a remote controller and Azbox menu, instead of a wireless PC mouse and small icons in 1080P mode and Azbox performs great with most of mkv's that I've (except DTS sound drops)

BUGS: OPENSAT U DEFENITILY SUCK!

S-U-C-K!

Lame lame lame lame.

Have shame!! over 15 months and we can't even watch DTS movies, no EPG, no gui change in channel list. And the list goes ON.

U suck! period.

mushroom
14-05-2010, 05:51 PM
I'm sad to see you lost your patience and you are right at some points. I'm really mad about the censor in official forum and no progress about some long waited bugs.

But...

I'm an HD addict who cares about the picture quality and a HiFi addict who cares about the sound quality and I cannot even bother with a simple fan noise! :bigear: (like in some DM clones)

So I'm again happy with my Azbox with its current conditions, but of course I ask more from Opensat as all consumers do.

When watching an HD movie or football match, plugins, channel zapping speed, E1, E2 or Ex is not important. Only things I enjoy are image and sound quality, not installing plugins or other software toys.

I've a friend that have azbox and VU+ Duo. He uses VU+ DUO for zapping and uses Azbox for watching HD football matches because of it perfect picture quality :biggrinjester:

I've a PC connected to my LCD TV and I can watch every movie file with this setup. But I don't use it after buying Azbox, since it's simpler to watch a mkv with a remote controller and Azbox menu, instead of a wireless PC mouse and small icons in 1080P mode and Azbox performs great with most of mkv's that I've (except DTS sound drops)

i didnt notice any difference in pq of vu duo from azbug.both are excellent i must say.dont want to start stating vu strong points over azbug.for me except pq the stronger point are support and development.at both azbug fails

as for small icons on pc you should try xbmc or boxee :):respect-049:

luky
14-05-2010, 06:13 PM

But trouble is that 95% of all 1080p mkv have DTS sound, ergo are unwatchable
I don't call that good media center. Not speaking about missing 24p mode which is for watching 1080p movies critical

kanber_kav
14-05-2010, 06:31 PM
XBMC+VDR Good System.
my system.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUDKToiXSLU
DTS and 1080p perfect

azbox do not perfect.

buyukbang
14-05-2010, 06:48 PM
I'm using instead of PCM instead of RAW for DTS currently. So I just have stereo sound :( But opensat is rewriting the mediaplayer. I think one of the reasons that caused them to rewrite is that.

But trouble is that 95% of all 1080p mkv have DTS sound, ergo are unwatchable
I don't call that good media center. Not speaking about missing 24p mode which is for watching 1080p movies critical

buyukbang
14-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Selam arkadasim,

I use a PC (with Quad Core and Nvidia GT8800 graphic card) connected to my TV (with hidden 10 meter long dvi and digital caoxial cables from another room of my home.)

So no fan noise and heart in my TV Room :) There is nothing that I cannot open and watch flawlessly with my system. So I'm closed to advertisements.

But again, I prefer azbox instead of this system, cause I'm happy with its multimedia features.

I reviewed VU+ and Dreambox forum pages. All of the pages are full with multimedia problems. e.g. Vu+ just developed subtitle support but wjen you do a FWD or BWD it goes out of synch. E2 sucks as a multimedia system. This is reality. Please be fair.

I know E2 devices have better channel switch speed, better support for cards and more suitable to be used as a server. But none of these items are not attracts me as multimedia part does not attract you.

Choices and requests differ from person to person...

XBMC+VDR Good System.
my system.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUDKToiXSLU
DTS and 1080p perfect

azbox do not perfect.

luky
14-05-2010, 10:28 PM
I'm using instead of PCM instead of RAW for DTS currently. So I just have stereo sound :( But opensat is rewriting the mediaplayer. I think one of the reasons that caused them to rewrite is that.

I wish I have your faith. With their track record you must be really optimist :)
To be honest I am quite happy with the sat side of the box, but I admit I don't have any special requirements there, mostly using it just for footy
But media player is a complete disaster and as it was the reason I bought this box I am really disappointed and looking for the replacement

tapper
14-05-2010, 11:57 PM
For me the Azbox Premium meets all my requirements as a multimedia player without a doubt, anything I put on the HDD plays ( mostly avi's) and as a sat box it works, Multicas is stable no freezes on NDS, the only thing for me that lets this box down is the basic sat box stuff, I.E epg and channel zapping.

Fix the basics and we have a good firmware

rocktheroad
15-05-2010, 08:47 AM
I gave up with Multimedia part... once you try XBMC, you will understand what Media Center is. AzBox is nothing more than nice divX player. I have built HTPC and plan is to use it for media and for DVB-C/S recordings... still didn't found decent software for DVB channels with nice frontend which won't remind you that you are on PC and zapping better than Az :(

I am waiting for any good DVB-C + DVB-S receiver to switch to. For now this is only solution, and after something new comes up AzBox will go to the retirement to bed room... Till then I will figure how to combine DVB-C and DVB-S antenna cables into one cable, since I have only one coax in bed room :(

luky
15-05-2010, 10:01 AM
For me the Azbox Premium meets all my requirements as a multimedia player without a doubt, anything I put on the HDD plays ( mostly avi's)

But it is sold as a HD box - if I want an AVI player I can get one for 30Eu
For playing HD contents it is unusable

buyukbang
15-05-2010, 10:19 AM
I'm currently using KMPlayer with my PC connected to my LCD TV and no single problem with any file so far. But I'll give a try to XBMC. Currently downloading its windows version to install my PC.

I gave up with Multimedia part... once you try XBMC, you will understand what Media Center is. AzBox is nothing more than nice divX player. I have built HTPC and plan is to use it for media and for DVB-C/S recordings... still didn't found decent software for DVB channels with nice frontend which won't remind you that you are on PC and zapping better than Az :(

I am waiting for any good DVB-C + DVB-S receiver to switch to. For now this is only solution, and after something new comes up AzBox will go to the retirement to bed room... Till then I will figure how to combine DVB-C and DVB-S antenna cables into one cable, since I have only one coax in bed room :(

freshmaker
15-05-2010, 11:10 AM

wow i like it :respect-013:

mushroom
15-05-2010, 11:52 AM

Hi m8
XBMC simply rocks.And rocks also for viewing tv as you can built vdr support into xbmc.Do u need anything better than xbmc interface?

i dont know for dvb-c but try to use a combiner and decombiner.it works with terrestrial and satellite.might also work for dvb-c. correct me if i am wrong

buyukbang
15-05-2010, 01:13 PM
I like it too :)

Hi m8
XBMC simply rocks.And rocks also for viewing tv as you can built vdr support into xbmc.Do u need anything better than xbmc interface?

i dont know for dvb-c but try to use a combiner and decombiner.it works with terrestrial and satellite.might also work for dvb-c. correct me if i am wrong