PDA

View Full Version : Vu+Duo and HDMI cable ???

Thirsty
15-05-2010, 09:05 AM
Got a vu+duo yesterday, but cant get a peep out of the HDMI connection; no picture no sound. Scart ;no problem.
Have tried different configs on tv (Sony KDL 40U4000) same with A/V on vu+

2nd problem, Network not working:
IP adress : unconfirmed
Nameserver :unconfirmed
What am I supposed to do

Thanks for your time and be glad for any help.
Thirsty

Grahamc
15-05-2010, 11:52 AM
it may be the same as the Pace HD where I had to setup with the scart and alter the video settings to allow HDMI then turn the box off, when turned back on the HDMI worked ok.

Don't know about the second as I do not have this box

Thirsty
15-05-2010, 12:27 PM
it may be the same as the Pace HD where I had to setup with the scart and alter the video settings to allow HDMI then turn the box off, when turned back on the HDMI worked ok.

Don't know about the second as I do not have this box

Thanks Graham, have tried your suggestion but no luck; getting blisters on my fingers and now half blind from trying every damned configuration I can find.
But, will keep trying and who knows !

sparky208
15-05-2010, 01:02 PM
have you first flashed it with the latest pli software with a usb pen drive there is no real drivers on it when its new just the basic drivers i think that probably wy there is no hdmi or network card . i could be talking complete rubbish just a thought :respect-applause-00

uki
15-05-2010, 01:49 PM
sparky208 is right,you have flash your receiver with one of the images.got mine today as well and i have just flashed it wit dreamelite image.

Thirsty
15-05-2010, 01:49 PM
have you first flashed it with the latest pli software with a usb pen drive there is no real drivers on it when its new just the basic drivers i think that probably wy there is no hdmi or network card . i could be talking complete rubbish just a thought :respect-applause-00

Thanks sparky, will try this after the cup final this evening.

sparky208
15-05-2010, 02:05 PM
download the latest pli. make a folder on your pen drive call it vuplus and in side that folder make another folder call it duo put the 3 files you downloaded in that folder turn off your your v+duo box at the back of the box put your pen drive into the front usb port of your box. switch on at the back and let it load . it will say finished when its done . easy peasy then turn off and remove pendrive switch on again and follow the ******* . . thats stage 1 of your new toy :congratulations-008

Thirsty
15-05-2010, 02:14 PM
download the latest pli. make a folder on your pen drive call it vuplus and in side that folder make another folder call it duo put the 3 files you downloaded in that folder turn off your your v+duo box at the back of the box put your pen drive into the front usb port of your box. switch on at the back and let it load . it will say finished when its done . easy peasy then turn off and remove pendrive switch on again and follow the ******* . . thats stage 1 of your new toy :congratulations-008

Thanks Sparky, nothing ventured nothing gained, and still have my old Kathrein if I manage to burn the vu+:001_302:

CROSSBONES
15-05-2010, 04:00 PM
i know it sounds stupid but push the hdmi cable in hard, as i had this problem when i 1st connected my vu duo

Thirsty
15-05-2010, 06:37 PM
i know it sounds stupid but push the hdmi cable in hard, as i had this problem when i 1st connected my vu duo
Thanks Crossbones, have followed Sparkys advice and changed the image but zilch ! The new image has a setting for HDMI but still stuck on the scart connection.
I have another stupid question or maybe someone can point me to a Dummy file on how to load up plugins ?
Can I do this with USB or ?

Thanks again
very Thirsty

sonic1
15-05-2010, 07:00 PM
You should be able to download plugins from the addons menu.

Strange why your HDMI is not working.

I use Dream Elite and selected HDMI during the initial set up and that was it.

You should be able to access it via menu > setup >system >av settings > then select the correct video output.

sparky208
15-05-2010, 07:49 PM
m8 sounds more like its the tv giving the problem http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/GB/en/forum/viewthread;jsessionid=45736BF8FA2 1911CCE5F452CD655127D.beru-lars?thread=65767&lastpage=yes

dcselec
15-05-2010, 11:40 PM
Hi Thirsty
I had problems with hdmi and it was not
the box I have a sharp tv the hdmi does not
auto select you have to use the remote to select
the input which is number 7 pain in the a--e

Dave

xanadu
16-05-2010, 12:35 AM
Did you try another HDMI cable?

Thirsty
16-05-2010, 09:47 AM
Thanks to everyone for your time, I think that the problem probably has to do with the Sony and the HDMI connection /handshaking problem. Will keep trying different images `till I find one which works. Will try Dave`s idea too; there are a lot of variables, so who knows, the sony might finally wake up and accept the connection.
But, is there a dummy file for total novices like me ? I havent a clue how to set up the internet connection and dns; do I use the vuUtil over serial to load plugins etc etc ?
Thanks again, great forum !
Thirsty

sparky208
16-05-2010, 10:26 AM
http://www.avforums.com/forums/gtsearch.php?cx=partner-pub-2615987788629632%3Amos5l7-vi3z&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=KDL-40U4000&sa=Search&siteurl=www.avforums.com%2Fforums %2Findex.php#1179 you mite find some help in here i also read someware about the arial had to be connected hope it helps

Thirsty
16-05-2010, 10:50 AM
http://www.avforums.com/forums/gtsearch.php?cx=partner-pub-2615987788629632%3Amos5l7-vi3z&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=KDL-40U4000&sa=Search&siteurl=www.avforums.com%2Fforums %2Findex.php#1179 you mite find some help in here i also read someware about the arial had to be connected hope it helps

Thanks Sparky, I am trying to set up the network but keep getting nameserver unconfirmed ? do you have any idea what I might be doing wrong ? I have no idea what I am doing at all :willy_nilly:

sparky208
16-05-2010, 11:52 AM
sorry m8 i cant get nears the tv at the moment the kids are playing the wii .

i take it your vu+ is connected to your router via Ethernet cable what image have you installed .
here's the link to the latest make sure you grab the one for usb _http://www.pli-images.org/modules/file_downloads/file_downloads.php?fd_id=1&dir=/vuduo

after you have loaded it it should set up your network for you just follow the wi zz ard and m8 if its any help it took me 3 weeks to get mine working but there was really buggy images about then . but must say its the best toy think wee need a few good tuts on this box lol

Thirsty
16-05-2010, 01:21 PM
sorry m8 i cant get nears the tv at the moment the kids are playing the wii . i take it your vu+ is connected to your router via Ethernet cable what image have you installed . here's the link to the latest make sure you grab the one for usb http://www.pli-images.org/modules/file_downloads/file_downloads.php?fd_id=1&dir=/vuduo after you have loaded it it should set up your network for you just follow the wi zz ard and m8 if its any help it took me 3 weeks to get mine working but there was really buggy images about then . but must say its the best toy think wee need a few good tuts on this box lol

Hi again sparky, under network test I have all green except for name server which is showing unconfirmed.

Have checked the dns nameserver settings and both primary and secondary are correct. Logged in to router config to see the DHCP client logbook and it is showing two ips my pc and I presume my vu+.
The logbook shows that my pc is logged in and that offer has been sent to to 2nd ip .

Have checked and changed cables and presume that the ip shown on the router config for LAN DHCP clients is the correct ip to use.

I have open pli 2010.05.08 master and image openpli 2010.04.30 installed

I think maybe I should have gone for the wii too:07:

EDIT: As luck would have it I have somehow managed to get the connection up and running (dont know how, but it works :respect-069:), and am now happily downloading stuff which I probably dont need and understand even less. But, there you go; thanks to everyone :respect-046:; now whats a cccam ? hmmm! :rolleyes:

sparky208
16-05-2010, 06:28 PM
result m8 well done go to plug ins then hit the green button down into soft cams and grab CCcam 2.1.4 i think install it . go here and get filezilla client _http://filezilla-project.org/ install it on your pc open it on the top left put in your ip of your vu+ and password is root it will connect to the vu+ at the bottom scroll down and click on var then click on ect scroll down and you should see your CCcam write click on it view it will open in like notepad highlight everything in there delete it and then paste your cline in there close it it will say save the Chang's .yes and that will then be sent the vu+ and then all is . fook me pink lol . just thinking have you sent your vu = a channel list like cats eyes

Thirsty
16-05-2010, 08:00 PM
result m8 well done go to plug ins then hit the green button down into soft cams and grab CCcam 2.1.4 i think install it . go here and get filezilla client http://filezilla-project.org/ install it on your pc open it on the top left put in your ip of your vu+ and password is root it will connect to the vu+ at the bottom scroll down and click on var then click on ect scroll down and you should see your CCcam write click on it view it will open in like notepad highlight everything in there delete it and then paste your cline in there close it it will say save the Chang's .yes and that will then be sent the vu+ and then all is . fook me pink lol . just thinking have you sent your vu = a channel list like cats eyes

Thanks Sparky, will try this tomorrow. Can I use DCC for to load the cccam as well ? I have some sort of channel list installed which seems to have everything. Except that the ARD HD channel freuency is incorrect (great for footie) Have tried rescanning the correct frequency but nothing showing ? Still, a couple of weeks to the world cup, so lots of time for me to sort it out.
Thanks again,
Thirsty

sparky208
16-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Thanks Sparky, will try this tomorrow. Can I use DCC for to load the cccam as well ? I have some sort of channel list installed which seems to have everything. Except that the ARD HD channel freuency is incorrect (great for footie) Have tried rescanning the correct frequency but nothing showing ? Still, a couple of weeks to the world cup, so lots of time for me to sort it out.
Thanks again,
Thirsty sorry m8 iam lost what is dcc . i look at your name the have a beer lol

jeffdmlover
16-05-2010, 08:23 PM
sorry m8 iam lost what is dcc . i look at your name the have a beer lol

Dreambox control centre, should be fine mate

dog-man
16-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Do you have to use a channel list with this box or can you scan each satellite as normal?

dog-man

Thirsty
16-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Do you have to use a channel list with this box or can you scan each satellite as normal?

dog-man

Hi Dog man, normal scanning is possible, but as I only got hold of the box on Friday and I am still struggling with it, I havent been able to edit mistakes in channel lists or at least in whatever channel list it is that I am using:confused:

Sparky DCC is to be found here
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=66108

echelon
16-05-2010, 10:01 PM
its always been my experience that on a linux box you should try to use a channel list that somebody you trust has compiled rather than scanning

I tend to use the cajton ones if I can , but the catseyes one may also be good

you can save your own using dreamboxedit or dreamset , then load in a different one of your choosing

once you have spent weeks learning what it should be like and what to do , then decide if you want to do more things yourself like channel lists etc

but personally I find some excellent lists are already done , and then I personalise them myself so channels are in an order I prefer ( moving channels about etc )

always keep backups on your pc though

Thirsty
17-05-2010, 11:26 AM
its always been my experience that on a linux box you should try to use a channel list that somebody you trust has compiled rather than scanning

I tend to use the cajton ones if I can , but the catseyes one may also be good

you can save your own using dreamboxedit or dreamset , then load in a different one of your choosing

once you have spent weeks learning what it should be like and what to do , then decide if you want to do more things yourself like channel lists etc

but personally I find some excellent lists are already done , and then I personalise them myself so channels are in an order I prefer ( moving channels about etc )

always keep backups on your pc though

Hi Echelon, if you have a moment maye you can help me? Only, got the box on Friday, so havent had much time to work out where I may be going wrong. I cant seem to get any of the FTA HD channels to show; ARD, ZDF, etc. I noticed from the frequency in the channel list I am using, that the ARD is one point out and so tried scanning the correct freq, but with no luck. Is there an issue with the HD channels (like ITV HD) ?

Edit: Echeleon; have the Cajton channel list and DCC and using enigma 2, could you tell me which folder I should load the file to ? thanks
2nd EDIT: Sorted, HD problem had to do with the channel list; loaded up the CATJON settings now AOK!
Thanks
Thirsty

LeeGW
17-05-2010, 06:43 PM
Here's a little Vu+ setup guide to help you enigma2 newbies find your feet.
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=133588

oneforall
27-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Got a vu+duo yesterday, but cant get a peep out of the HDMI connection; no picture no sound. Scart ;no problem.
Have tried different configs on tv (Sony KDL 40U4000) same with A/V on vu+

2nd problem, Network not working:
IP adress : unconfirmed
Nameserver :unconfirmed
What am I supposed to do

Thanks for your time and be glad for any help.
Thirsty

Got a solution for your HDMI problem.
A new Vu has a 'virgin' HDMI port. So you need to make sure that the HDMI cable has gone all the way in. At the max only 1-2 mm of the steel connector should be visible. If you see more than that the HDMI cable is not properly connected. I struggled for a while with this problem as well.

Thirsty
28-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Got a solution for your HDMI problem.
A new Vu has a 'virgin' HDMI port. So you need to make sure that the HDMI cable has gone all the way in. At the max only 1-2 mm of the steel connector should be visible. If you see more than that the HDMI cable is not properly connected. I struggled for a while with this problem as well.

Hi, Crossbones advised me to do this as well. I obviously didnt push it hard enough; had my dinner and tried again, and youre right, it was just the connection. :001_07: silly me!

Thanks again
T.

CROSSBONES
30-05-2010, 11:17 PM
very easily done, as we don't like to treat our baby's too rough:)