PDA

View Full Version : Change image on Vu+ but keep settings ???

Thirsty
17-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Only got my vu+ a couple of days ago and have played with it till it broke (green screen on network) :frown:. Would like to change image from PLI to summat else. Can I keep the settings and if so how? or can I just use a usb stick to repalce the current image ?

Thanks again

Thirsty

sonic1
17-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Just use Dreambox edit which is on the Dreambox tools section.
Back up your settings on your pc.

Thirsty
17-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Just use Dreambox edit which is on the Dreambox tools section.
Back up your settings on your pc.

Thanks Sonic, sorry for being a dork, but which settings files should I backup ? (the back up files, I expect) ?
Then, simply rewrite these to the backup folder after flashing the new image ?

Thanks

Thirsty

sonic1
17-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Download Dreambox edit and set it up to communicate to your box.

Then hit the FTP icon to receive files from your dreambox { in your case Vu + Duo } but it is the same thing.

Make sure you create a folder on your pc to save the settings to.

I have never tested the image you use but you can back up all your settings with the inbuilt software manager if your image has it ?

You will need a USB or HDD installed to save your settings to.

Thirsty
17-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Download Dreambox edit and set it up to communicate to your box.

Then hit the FTP icon to receive files from your dreambox { in your case Vu + Duo } but it is the same thing.

Make sure you create a folder on your pc to save the settings to.

I have never tested the image you use but you can back up all your settings with the inbuilt software manager if your image has it ?

You will need a USB or HDD installed to save your settings to.

Thanks Sonic, will have a shot at it tommorow; practice make perfect as they say. Am using the PLI 2010-05-30 which is crashing on many menus and is a bit of a pain.
Thanks again
Thirsty