PDA

View Full Version : white card problem

cordinn
17-05-2010, 08:35 PM
hi
my card as been updating in DM800 using ccam 2.13 for about 5months now, entitlements show 10/07/2010.
here is the problem it is now dead put back in original box and still not clearing. says unauthorised viewing, made a phone call and signal sent all ok now. i no of about 3more pepole who have had the same problem.

the question is what is going on

sonic1
17-05-2010, 08:38 PM
There are plenty reports of the on ECS.
I would advise you use a blocker if your card is working ok for now.

cordinn
17-05-2010, 08:45 PM
thanks sonic for the reply, but can you tell me how to do this in ccam fig file
thank you

allev
17-05-2010, 08:50 PM
I also have the same problem. It updated without any problems for last 6 months and now though the entitlements show 5-7-2010 the card is not working at all. I also put it in skybox and says unathorised card. Seems that there is a problem cropping up on the white card too. Sonic do you know where to get hold of a good blocker and maybe you can tell us how to make it work. Also I was also wondering if it is also better to make it work with CCcam 2.1.1 and using newcs???

Regards

sonic1
17-05-2010, 08:50 PM
B: /dev/sci0 07

This blocks all for single card reader or lower slot on double card reader.

cordinn
17-05-2010, 09:03 PM
am i right in saying if i put this line in my ccam fig file B: /dev/sci0 07

my dm800 will still read the card but wont let it update, update will have to be done in sty box

sonic1
17-05-2010, 09:07 PM
am i right in saying if i put this line in my ccam fig file B: /dev/sci0 07

my dm800 will still read the card but wont let it update, update will have to be done in sty box

In theory that is correct, I have however read reports of the blocker not working that well with CCcam.

I personally would use CCcam_2.1.3 with Newcs 1.67 or Mgcamd 1.31 with Newcs 1.67

newcs blockers work and have never let me down.:respect-050:

allev
17-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Thanks, do you mean we will make the card work with newcs and use the same line in the cccam.cfg? Please confirm.

sonic1
17-05-2010, 09:24 PM
No, Newcs has its own blockers in the xml

allev
17-05-2010, 09:31 PM
Can you give them to us to put them in our newcs.xml please

allev
17-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Are these the ones Sonic please?

<blocksa>No</blocksa>
<blockua>No</blockua>
<blockga>No</blockga>
<blockC0>Yes</blockC0>

cordinn
17-05-2010, 09:58 PM
do we no if these blockers are correct yet

Stev0
17-05-2010, 10:14 PM
dp you think its a good idea to block then??? i was just gonna use another card from a differnt sly box for another few months.

saintomer1866
17-05-2010, 10:34 PM
no probs here as yet,
using mgcamd 1.35a and newcs 1.67
updated to 9 july 2010
blockers in newcs set as;
<blocksa>No</blocksa>
<blockua>No</blockua>
<blockga>Yes</blockga>
<blockC0>Yes</blockC0>
St.O

pipino
17-05-2010, 10:45 PM
just to let you know cccam always been crap for emm processing ,so i would use newcs instead to read and update the card

allev
17-05-2010, 11:56 PM
THanks guys for all your help, I will use newcs now as I think its much better.
Can somebody give us the right settings of the blocker so that the card does not receive any updates and if we want to update it we will put it in the sly box.

pipino
18-05-2010, 12:04 AM
<blocksa>No</blocksa>
<blockua>No</blockua>
<blockga>Yes</blockga>
<blockC0>Yes</blockC0>---> this is for Irdeto only

cordinn
18-05-2010, 05:10 AM
<blocksa>No</blocksa>
<blockua>No</blockua>
<blockga>Yes</blockga>
<blockC0>Yes</blockC0>---> this is for Irdeto only

thanks guys for the info

Keano
18-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Just like to point out there is not point using a blocker or not. It makes no difference and it is just one of those things that nobody knows why.
Some people have had their cards running for months OK others had their cards turned off and then had to ring sly to get it going again.

If you do a search you will find posts ( including one from me ) where people's white cards have suddenly stopped working yet the entitlements are fine.
This was with newcs and with blocker on, in fact you have to have the blocker on other wise card will not work correctly under newcs.

In my case I switched to CCcam_2.1.3 about 4 months ago and not had any problems so far and receiving emms.

cordinn
19-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Just like to point out there is not point using a blocker or not. It makes no difference and it is just one of those things that nobody knows why.
Some people have had their cards running for months OK others had their cards turned off and then had to ring sly to get it going again.

If you do a search you will find posts ( including one from me ) where people's white cards have suddenly stopped working yet the entitlements are fine.
This was with newcs and with blocker on, in fact you have to have the blocker on other wise card will not work correctly under newcs.

In my case I switched to CCcam_2.1.3 about 4 months ago and not had any problems so far and receiving emms.

hi keano
the cards that have been knocked out this time seem to be all that are using ccam 2.1.3, would be intrested to no if it has happened to anyone using newcs

sleepy
19-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Apparently the same thing has happened with CCcam 214, not heard yet of this happening with newcs.
This tactic looks like they're targeting a batch of cards to put the frighteners on CS, from what i've read around the forums it seems to be working.:frown:

jeffdmlover
20-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Apparently the same thing has happened with CCcam 214, not heard yet of this happening with newcs.
This tactic looks like they're targeting a batch of cards to put the frighteners on CS, from what i've read around the forums it seems to be working.:frown:

I was using CCcam 2.1.4 when my sky card went down.

cordinn
20-05-2010, 07:26 PM
I was using CCcam 2.1.4 when my sky card went down.

i was using 2.13 when my went down, would be intresting to no if anybody on 2.12 with newcs 1.67 had any problems

sonic1
20-05-2010, 08:34 PM
No problem for me with Mgcamd and newcs :respect-048:

borderfox
21-05-2010, 11:10 PM
If I've got this right, it doesn't matter whether you block or not - when it comes to the end of entitlement period, you have to allow an update. If that update is a 'killer', then thats that right?
Is there any reason why a kill update would be sent unless they were aware of the manner the card was being used in? Why would they simply switch the card back on again then (following a phone call)??

borderfox
23-05-2010, 08:15 AM
My card has just been hit too :(

crabber
23-05-2010, 08:30 AM
Sorry to hear that M8 can you tell us what version of cccam, if your peers send you EMM's, (F lines end something like this 2 0 0) and if you had Cccam blocked like this B: /dev/sci0 07

borderfox
23-05-2010, 09:39 AM
Sorry to hear that M8 can you tell us what version of cccam, if your peers send you EMM's, (F lines end something like this 2 0 0) and if you had Cccam blocked like this B: /dev/sci0 07Using CCcam 2.1.4 - entitlements were due for renewal but didn't renew.
I didn't follow any of the advice re. blocking here because as keano pointed out, its pointless. If they are going to kill the card, then thats what they are going to do. I don't fully understand why they will switch cards back on though. Unless there is a legal problem for them there??
I have no knowledge of these things but I can't imagine it being easy to get round this...
(also, wasn't receiving emms).

crabber
23-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Thanks M8, I am curious to know just what is happening, I have read about Cccam not blocking EMM's properly but (I know a man lol) who has local and remote EMM's blocked and has not seen any, there is a month or so of entitlements remaining and card working well (at present!)
I think he will be brave and leave it like this to see what happens.

borderfox
23-05-2010, 10:08 AM
No problem Crabber. They have 5 years to run with these cards so I suppose it would have been foolish to think that they didn't have some other counter-measures built in. Can only hope that the community can reverse engineer this one..

Stev0
23-05-2010, 12:43 PM
i've been running cccam 214 for months and never had a problem. i think am gonna keep swapping cards and boxes about between the 2 i have. or maybe look at changing emu.

Stev0
23-05-2010, 12:47 PM
here's a quick question how many of you have a full sly package with HD etc and how many sly boxes do you have??

borderfox
23-05-2010, 03:15 PM
i think am gonna keep swapping cards and boxes about between the 2 i have. How will this help?

here's a quick question how many of you have a full sly package with HD etc and how many sly boxes do you have??Have sly full without espn in SD since March. Always run on ver.2.1.4 and used in the one box.

Phylos
24-05-2010, 12:23 PM
It has been suggested elsewhere that "killer" EMMs may be being sent from clients. This would make sense - i.e. if Sky pose as a cardsharer and your cccam is set up to receive EMMs via F lines then Sky would be able to disable cards on a share, whilst those being used in an original Sky box are never affected.

So I would suggest disabling all EMM updates from clients and only use those from your own unit to keep the entitlements updated.

cordinn
24-05-2010, 08:19 PM
It has been suggested elsewhere that "killer" EMMs may be being sent from clients. This would make sense - i.e. if Sky pose as a cardsharer and your cccam is set up to receive EMMs via F lines then Sky would be able to disable cards on a share, whilst those being used in an original Sky box are never affected.

So I would suggest disabling all EMM updates from clients and only use those from your own unit to keep the entitlements updated.

yeah mate i quite agree with you, thats what i have done stopped all clients emm updates. before i used to let my card recieve them and i think that might be part of why my card went.
time will tell if this has caused it, only problem i have now i have moved on to newcs1.67/ccam 2.12 from ccam 2.13. how do i check my chids to see if i need to put the card back for an update

sonic1
24-05-2010, 09:20 PM
Can't see it.

I use Mgacamd + Newcs with blockers in place.

To update my card I found the best way was to use CCcam 2.1.3 but only when my entitlements had one day left.

The last two updates both came from remote emms.

I will do the same when the time comes.

crabber
24-05-2010, 10:56 PM
@cordinn you can check your entitlements by logging into newcs from a browser, it is port 8080 from memory, check the config.
I have also read the theory about remote EMM's causing this but feel pretty sure that some cards have gone **** up with only local EMM enabled.
Unless you never watch your card locally I cant see what good enabling remote EMM's does, it would be different with an irdeto card and keys changing frequently, but NDS entitlements can be up to six weeks in advance.

borderfox
21-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Hi all - have there been any more developments on this?

cordinn
21-06-2010, 08:08 PM
me not had anymore problems since i changed to ccam2.1.2/newcs1.67 with blockers enabled. my card is ok till 03/08/2010 how long would you leave it till you put it back in sty box to update ?

sonic1
21-06-2010, 09:21 PM
Update your card one or two days before the entitlements run out.

By the way 2.1.3 is far better then 2.1.2 also make sure you disable emm's in your CCCam.cfg as this saves on cpu.

canthackit
29-06-2010, 03:03 PM
well here's a thing i switched back to my 800 because of other issues with my VU+ Duo.
and i had major problems not clearing a thing with the 800, i eventually managed to get the audio working, then managed to get most HD channels clearing but not the movies.

i've just reconnected the VU+ and lo and behold everything is clearing, this is running CCcam 214.

dont know why, but it just is.

regards: canthackit

canthackit
29-06-2010, 03:15 PM
Nah
cancel that i thought i'd disabled all peers for test purposes but i hadn't saved so in actual fact i'm getting the uk channels @ 2 hops.

sod it

crabber
29-06-2010, 04:31 PM
I have a FTV card with CCcam 2.1.4 and all EMM's allowed through, it has updated to 07/08/10 then to 27/08/10 with no problems (so far) at all.
Also another full SD sub card has same cam but all EMM blocked and this hasn't had any EMM's pass.

canthackit
29-06-2010, 04:54 PM
Hello crabber ;)

i've got my local back in the original box, everything appears to be working ok there, so i'm hoping it updates the card ok.

whilst in the VU+ the n**** were for 15/08/10 so of course i thought all was well :smash:

keep well mate c u soon:respect-040:

Stev0
29-06-2010, 10:48 PM
ive had my white card for a fair few months now, never had a prob with it updating etc.

canthackit
01-07-2010, 06:37 PM
yes mate so is mine!
but on the 800 i cannot clear the HD movie cannels
and on the VU+ Duo everything clears.
i've tried everything i know (which aint much btw) :D but the barsteward will not clear.

crabber
01-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Have you set sid assign? If the channels listed don't include those ones and the maximum number is reached then cccam will not ask the card for them.
Send me a PM if you would like me to help, with config or anything.

canthackit
03-07-2010, 01:01 PM
thanks crabber PM on the way.

cordinn
02-09-2010, 08:21 PM
seems alot our having problems again, is anyone else?

jeffdmlover
02-09-2010, 08:27 PM
seems alot our having problems again, is anyone else?

Yep, card gone off.

sonic1
02-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Yep, card gone off.

Keep us informed on what happens please :respect-051:

jeffdmlover
02-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Keep us informed on what happens please :respect-051:

Just called sky up for signal to be sent.about an hour ago.
Still nothing.

Hopefully be back by morning or another call.
Had same problem last time all cards started to go off.
Weird as i know others who haven't had the problems???

Edit,

last time had problem was 18th May, 2010

cordinn
03-09-2010, 07:33 PM
Just called sky up for signal to be sent.about an hour ago.
Still nothing.

Hopefully be back by morning or another call.
Had same problem last time all cards started to go off.
Weird as i know others who haven't had the problems???

Edit,

last time had problem was 18th May, 2010

any update? are you up and running again

jeffdmlover
03-09-2010, 09:19 PM
any update? are you up and running again

Had to call sky up again this morning as card still didn't up date over night.
They sent a diffrent signal out and i got all SD channel, ITV wasn't even clearing at this time. After about 30 minutes of messing finally got all channel clearing. Then we noticed nothing would record, so on the phone again to sky.
Now finally have all channel and sky recording on sky box.
Will leave it in sky box until morning then stick back in DM.

Will have it back in sky box once a month now though just in case.
Card was proper dead also.:D

Was using CCcam 2.1.3 also.

cordinn
04-09-2010, 07:57 PM
my sly card had 5 days to run, i have just put it back in proper box to update and it as killed it. i put it back in dm800 and looked at entitlements all blank.
seems like card needs to be in box frequently, but how frequent does anybody have the answer.
just a thought if i had let it update in dm800 as i have emm blocked. does anyone think it would have been ok?
anyone one who lets card update in 2.13 would like to hear if they have occured problems

crabber
04-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Yes my opinion is that if the card has updated in an official box it somehow knows if it is removed. When it is reinserted it goes **** up!
If it is left in dreambox and updated with Cccam then as far as I know it is OK.
This seems completely opposite to all the warnings about Cccam passing corrupt EMMs which could bugger it up.
My advice would be to leave it in whatever box it is in until more information is available.

jeffdmlover
05-09-2010, 12:07 AM
my sly card had 5 days to run, i have just put it back in proper box to update and it as killed it. i put it back in dm800 and looked at entitlements all blank.
seems like card needs to be in box frequently, but how frequent does anybody have the answer.
just a thought if i had let it update in dm800 as i have emm blocked. does anyone think it would have been ok?
anyone one who lets card update in 2.13 would like to hear if they have occured problems

Do you have it back up and running now mate?
Did you have to call sky?

cordinn
05-09-2010, 09:21 AM
called them they sent a signal, checked this morning still not ok. rang them they said a manager will be ringing me in next hour.

echelon
05-09-2010, 10:14 AM
cleaning the card contacts and reinsertion a few times can clear that silly message when you get a blank screen on say ch5 or ch4HD etc and not authorised or whatever it says. I just thought it was the card reader on the newer boxes playing silly beggars .lol.

I even had it recently on my new amstrad when the card was working and I had unplugged it while moving and reconnecting cables , and it hadnt been anywhere near cccam , oscam or newcs , all I did was clean the card and insert it a few times until it was recognised again , because I did not want to phone them up due to my "power cut"

suggest anyone affected gives the card a clean and insert into card reader a few times to get the contacts sorted out , just a thought !

jeffdmlover
05-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Oscam or Newcs remains uneffected by this,myself included.Ian.

Any guide how to set these up please? Idiots guide also.:respect-055:

Phylos
05-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Any guide how to set these up please? Idiots guide also.:respect-055:

I have been considering using OSCAM, but am unsure if it works properly with the white cards, and whether it can update them properly.

If anyone has any advice or a recommended config file I would much appreciate it.

cordinn
05-09-2010, 04:56 PM
ian
what as happened is as follows, the card as been in the dm800 i have ccam2.13 with newcs1.67 all was well in the dm800.
i removed card and put back in sty box as entitlements were about to run out. hopeing this would update the card it did not it just wiped out all entitlements and card was usless. i have rung up and they have sent a signal and paired card with box. all is fine now.
i dont no weather just to go back to ccam 2.13 and let it up date with emms switched on or just keep running2.13/newcs1.67 with blockers enabled

jeffdmlover
05-09-2010, 05:51 PM
ah so everything is now ok again.

i thought as much and very much doubted this was a new counter measure from sky.
this is a common occurence mate.the entitlements say a particular date,but they often run out before that date and when the card is inserted into the box it says not found or word to that effect,and a phone call to sky is often needed to get it up and running again.panick over.Ian.

Not to sure about that mate, on another forum people have posted there accounts have been suspended and told them there being investigated about there card. Theres a 17 page thread on one forum.

I hope your right though.

NinaHagen
06-09-2010, 01:34 PM
Yes, I can confirm what jeffdmlover said - I am a mod at that forum and trustworthy ppl are indeed reporting that their Sky accounts are suspended and under investigation :-(

veron57
06-09-2010, 02:09 PM
My thinking out loud..

If a card is spitting out ECMs but not receiving EMMs... it wouldn't seem so difficult for the card to know about it.

Also, if the number of ECMs used over a period are higher than a certain amount (more than possible for a single viewer).. it wouldn't seem so difficult for the card to know about it.

I'm sure there are a few 'triggers', it can't be so hard to implement. Presumably the official box 'phones home' with the results.

Stev0
07-09-2010, 12:19 PM
i havent had a problem at all with the white card, i was one of the first to get a white card i didnt put it in the sly box until there was a fix for it. then i paired it and the sly box has been turned off/never connected to the phone line unless needed. never had a problem, maybe sly are sending signal to the boxes looking for the card. or maybe its newer cards which are doing it. it seems random to me. im using cccam 2.14 thats it.

jeffdmlover
08-09-2010, 08:39 PM
Well mines gone off again, Entitlememnts where dated to 2/11/10.
Came home tonight and gone of again, back in sly box now.
Hoping it will update, have itv C4HD just no pay channel or HD channels.

cordinn
08-09-2010, 09:06 PM
are you allowing card to update with ccam2.14, i have been using ccam2.13/newcs 1.67 with blockers enabled.
my entitlements show same as yours, i have no problem till i put it back in sty box to update, then knocks card out.
are you allowing peers to send emms to your card ?

jeffdmlover
08-09-2010, 09:14 PM
are you allowing card to update with ccam2.14, i have been using ccam2.13/newcs 1.67 with blockers enabled.
my entitlements show same as yours, i have no problem till i put it back in sty box to update, then knocks card out.
are you allowing peers to send emms to your card ?

Was using CCcam 2.1.3.

Wouldn't know how to..........

are you allowing peers to send emms to your card

Went of whilst in DM, will see if it comes back whilst in sky box.

karlpowell
08-09-2010, 10:12 PM
my 963 has been card not autherised now for a while , i ut it back in official box and has not come back :(

karlpowell
09-09-2010, 08:26 AM
just tried cleaning and reinserting b ut i still get the not authorised message , i have tried putting the card in the official box overnight but still nothing .

borderfox
09-09-2010, 07:13 PM
Has the card been in any other sly box aside from the one it was originally paired to?

karlpowell
09-09-2010, 08:55 PM
Yes

borderfox
09-09-2010, 09:32 PM
Yes
Is this true for others that have reported these recent issues? (just looking for some sort of correlation).

jeffdmlover
09-09-2010, 10:37 PM
Read reports of some people having sky accounts cancelled.

Dumnonia
10-09-2010, 09:15 AM
If you have the message
card not authorised then there is every chance your account has been suspended whilst investigations are taking place.
A call to the provider will confirm this.

borderfox
10-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Read reports of some people having sky accounts cancelled.Hi mate. Has your card been in more than one sly box?