PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ duo hard drive help

SearcherSearch
19-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Hi everyone,
Lucky enough to get myself a VU+ Duo box, very happy with it!!! I intend to add an internal Hard drive. Could you please advise on Maximum size and models. Are Samsungs or Western Digital more reccommended? 7200 RPM 32MB?? Would like to put either 1.5TB or 2TB. Also when connecting is it just the two connectors? And will i need to format the HD first? Any help on this subject most appreciated!

P.S This is one i was looking to order, think best value for money but would like to go bigger as HD files are big!!

1TB Hitachi, 0F10383, Deskstar 7K1000.C, SATA 3Gb/s, 7200rpm, 32MB Cache, 8 ms, NCQ online for £55.00

Will this be ok or not reccomended?

Thanks again everyone!

mushroom
20-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Hi
First you make a good decision for receiver.Well for hard drive i would recommend you to get 1TB drive maximum.Some people have 1.5tb drives working on a vuduo without a problem but i think that u must get maximum 1tb.
I personally use a 500GB Samsung Ecogreen without a problem.This is the ideal model and size for a hard drive.Dont forget that as bigger is a drive it produce more noise and heat.
As for installation connect the drive to the connectors and after in setup menu go to hard drive and follow instructions on hard drive initialise.
Regards