PDA

View Full Version : S4000 remote control

chris217
24-05-2010, 04:35 PM
I am unable to control any other equipment with my S4000HDPVR remote control. This includes a Sharp TV, a Panasonic TV, a Panasonic PVR and a Pioneer DVD. I have tried all of the suggested device codes and checked that they have been registered correctly according to the instructions in section 5 of the user manual. Even auto code search draws a blank.

My old Dreambox 7000 remote control successfully controls the Sharp TV,

Any ideas, please?

Thanks.

dizz
24-05-2010, 06:21 PM
I know its simple and self evident, but are you pressing TV on top of the remote before trying to control the TV. I always forgot to do this when I first got the box. The batteries that came with my remote were rubbish as well, and the remote was a lot better with new batteries in it. I have an LG TV which I set up with auto search without any problems. I don't know what else to try really.

chris217
16-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Yes, I had the TV selected! :-) The TV LED flashes when I press a button.

I finally got around to fitting new batteries, which had no effect. I also checked that the remote control was transmitting by looking at the IR LED with a digital camera. It looks like it is sending something, but what it is sending is not correct.

Any ideas, please?

stubs
17-06-2010, 03:01 PM
I too had problems getting this to work, so decided to go down the route of getting a Pronto, but now I can't seem to get it to function the Icecrypt how I'd like https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=134744

Ha ha ha.
Modern technology eh?