PDA

View Full Version : Setting up Tuner B on VU

norman11
25-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Need help with setting up Tuner B on the VU+ DUO.
Have set up VU Tuner A with the "Simple" configuration as per our very helpful sponsor Lee at Goldwafers, this is working OK. What would be the best configuration for Tuner B. My motorised dish has 1 LNB with twin outputs.
Thanks in advance for all help:respect-048:

catseye
25-05-2010, 05:54 PM
There should be an option in tuner configuartion mode to have 'tuner B equal to Tuner A'

Otherwise just make sure Tuner B is exactly as Tuner A -ie with LNB input etc

As dish is only going to be pointed at one sat it should mean you can watch one station whilst recording another

norman11
25-05-2010, 06:24 PM
There should be an option in tuner configuartion mode to have 'tuner B equal to Tuner A'

Otherwise just make sure Tuner B is exactly as Tuner A -ie with LNB input etc

As dish is only going to be pointed at one sat it should mean you can watch one station whilst recording another

Thanks Catseye for your response:respect-048: Does that mean then that you can only record channels from the one sattelite...say tuned to Hotbird on LNB1but can only record other channels from the same sattelite?
Cheers M8 for your help...many thanks:respect-048:

basilyoung
25-05-2010, 09:16 PM
on that configgeration..yes, you can only record/watch a single saterlite

if you set up tuner B to a second dish, and name the lnb to say lnb2 and asign lnb2 to what ever sats the second dish can see, you would then have a more versitile set up

baz

CROSSBONES
27-05-2010, 03:11 PM
I have Tuner A driving my motorised dish, and a feed from my sky dish on Tuner B.:respect-054:

sparky208
09-07-2010, 04:38 PM
hi any1 no how to. i have mine set up tuner A and tuner b are both set the same i can record and watch something els but it now wont move the dish . any1 please have a solution

sparky208
09-07-2010, 05:51 PM
its OK i now no how to make it work now. set tuner b to second cable of motorised lnb tuner a i now can record and watch other channels + the motor moves now :)

A
10-07-2010, 08:49 PM
yes thats the correct way

Lammy1961
18-07-2010, 12:22 AM
Can someone explain in detail ?
I'm having similar problems..
I have a Vu Duo My motorised Dish is on LNB1 and on LNB2 is my fixed dish on 28.2 East, sometimes I can't get a picture on 19.2 unless I record 2 channels on there, then it sends the dish to 19.2, I think I have the tuners set up incorrectly some how.

Hope you can help.

Thanks.

vrlika
15-12-2010, 09:55 PM
I have Tuner A driving my motorised dish, and a feed from my sky dish on Tuner B.:respect-054:

hi I 've had my vu+ for two weeks now and I have tuner A set to motorised dish but would like to set tuner B to Sly fixed dish.
What settings are needed if using simple menu for tuner A and tuner B ?
thank you