PDA

View Full Version : Tuner 1 & 2 disconnecting - HDPVR

jacksback
26-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Hi everyone.

I recently setup my S4000 with CCcam to use with my Irdeto card. I was led to believe that this PVR can record two channels and watch 2 but I've never got it to work. If I do record two channels at the same time, strange things start to happen when I change channels or stop one of the recordings. Tuner 1 or Tuner 2 suddenly disconnects and the only way to get them back is to go into the Dish Settings and select between Tuner 1 and Tuner 2 before exiting. Sometimes I have to power down the receiver and power it back up before I see signal on either tuner.

My setup

The IceCrypt is connected directly to a twin LNB. I have set the Tuners to Single and Universal LNB mode, and all cables and connectors are fine. I'm also on the latest and greatest firmware version.

I do also experience the "Scrambled Service" bug when changing to certain channels and have to wait about 20 seconds before it decrypts it.

Is the Tuner issue a known bug?

Thanks

hda5
26-05-2010, 11:29 AM
You only have 2 inputs so if I read you right your recording 2 channels at the same time and whilst doing this your changing channel?

If you change channel whilst 2 channels are recording at the same time you'll lose one of the recordings as the two tuners are already in use recording.

jacksback
26-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Understood but what does this mean then?

"Simultaneously Records of 2 Services and allows Watching 2 others (PIP)"

Thanks

steford
26-05-2010, 11:40 AM
I think that means that in theory you could record 2 then watch 2 more - 1 main, 1 PiP on a maximum of 2 transponders due to the limitation of 2 tuners. Whether the box/plugin CAM/EMU etc could keep up with all this if encrypted/HD channels were included is anyone's guess but I would think 4 FTA channels might be a possibility.

jacksback
26-05-2010, 11:48 AM
They did say that watching HD and SD simultaneously is not possible.

I still think the Tuner issue is a bug on this receiver because I'm pretty sure it happens when recording only one channel as well. It's almost like it randomly stops sending power to the 1st or 2nd Tuner

hda5
26-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Yep as Steford said, basically the 3rd channel you switch to would have to be on the same transponder frequency as one of the two other channels you were recording at the same time.

jacksback
26-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Got ya. Thanks to both of you for your help

jacksback
26-05-2010, 08:07 PM
I'm back :)

This tuner thing is freaking me out. Tuner 1 and Tuner 2 now disconnect without recording a single thing. I've rechecked cabling which appears to be fine.

Going into Dish settings sometimes shows Noise signal bar up but 0 (ZERO) quality signal bar. It's almost like both tuners have been shutdown.

Has anybody else experienced anything remotely similar to my Tuner dropouts?

Thanks

mgluby
26-05-2010, 09:04 PM
It does this on mine for some reason and I have to go to position settings and go to stored position before i get any joy with the tuner. It has only started happening recently. I am not sure if it started doing this after a firmware update.

Tarzan
26-05-2010, 10:01 PM
This issue has been noticed in earlier firmwares and it was worse than this...

The .16 firmware came with a part fix to this issue...

The only happens when you select Tuner 1 or Tuner 2 in the channel list menu and try to navigate to a satellite, which is on the other tuner than the one currently being selected.

To overcome this I always select "All Tuners" and then use the satellite list to navigate to my satellites. This way I don't get the above issue...

jacksback
27-05-2010, 06:04 AM
Thanks for the replies. It's good to know that I'm not alone :)

Hopefully they fix this in the next firmware. I may try the "All Tuners" option until then.