PDA

View Full Version : Toroidal Dish with 4 way Disecq

meggers
31-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Hi,

I have just ordered a VU+ Duo. My current Dreambox setup is a Toroidal dish with lnbs getting signals from 13, 16, 19 and 28.2. linked back to my box via a 4 way disecq switch.

To use the second tuner on the Vu+ Duo for recording am I best to try and duplicate this set up.

Do I have to replace all my LNBs with Dual LNBs and install a second Disecq switch and cable?.

Alternatively could I just have one satellite on the second tuner?.

Giga
01-06-2010, 06:58 AM
if you want total control with both tuners and have access to all these sat locations and transponders: each tuner would need to have its own switch and LNB.
Considerations for expanding: you need additional twin LNB's and you're left with 4 single LNB's.
13, 16, 19 and 28.2. would be your main locations, the new switch could be an 1.1 8 to 1.
where both tuners would have the main 4 locations and one of the tuners would have an additional 4 possible sat locations on a same/other dish. You could record any of the 8 locations and view any of the main 4, or reverse. This depends of course your interests (sat locations), location and your line of site (what you can receive).

dish farm (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?p=646296) <= click here

meggers
02-06-2010, 10:35 PM
Thanks Giga,

What you say make sense, no point in have in 4 LNBs goign to waste., and I can probably pick up a few extra sats on the dish.

Can you tell me what exactly the Tuner A to B loopthrough does. Does it simply allow you to record a channel on the same transponder? Not a lot of good really.

Meggers

Giga
03-06-2010, 10:27 AM
when using loop through:
you can only use one LNB and same polarization and lower or high band frequencies. you would only be able to use 1/4 of the current used LNB.
The last used tuner would have control of the LNB, lets say you are recording with one tuner on 28.2°e and use the second tuner to browse some channels, if that channel would be on 19.2°E the switch would select 19.2°E and 2nd tuner would loose 28.2°E
This is why each tuner should have its own switch and not a loop through. Without loop through each tuner can work independent, with loop through the 2 tuners limit each other in use.

meggers
05-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Thanks again Giga,

That clarifies things a bit for me. I will run another cable and start getting some dual LNBs. Might as well make the most of the VU+.

Meggers