PDA

View Full Version : TM-6900HD Combo Super and Viaccess 4 card?

mynameisEarl
01-06-2010, 02:26 AM
Hello,

Does anybody know if the TM-6900HD Combo Super can support an official Viaccess 4 viewing card without a Viaccess 4 CAM?
I'm assuming not, but if it can, please specify if the receiver has to be running a patch as opposed to official firmware.

Thanks a lot,
Lee

Ghostleader
01-06-2010, 07:05 PM
Do you have a new Al-Jazeera Sports card by any chance? I contacted my card dealer about the new Viaccess 4 cards they have & what CAM's supported the V.4 cards, I was told that the SmarTV CAM I bought off them a while back was working fine with the new cards, so if the emu in the latest official firmware support V.3 there seems to be a good chance that it will do V.4.:confused:

mynameisEarl
01-06-2010, 08:54 PM
Hello Ghostleader,

My query isn't based on an Al Jazeera card, but an Elite Fusion adult card. The reasons however may be the same. The broadcaster has decided to issue new Viaccess 4 viewing cards to replace the current ones, however they are not being issued for free.

The dealer I bought the original card from has set up a reasonable exchange deal under the cirumstances, but I wanted to check if I will also need to get a new CAM to support a new card. I've asked the dealer the same question as I posted here but have yet to hear.

I have yet to buy the new card, and I am trying to assess the total cost before doing so. ie whether a new CAM is required.

Unfortunately I no longer have the purchase details for my current Viaccess CAM, and it seems to have no meaningful details on its outer side, so I currently cannot research its capabilities.

Lee

holmroad
01-06-2010, 10:26 PM
You may have to wait for the Phantom to come up with a new patch mate!:respect-050:

mynameisEarl
02-06-2010, 01:54 AM
You may have to wait for the Phantom to come up with a new patch mate!:respect-050:
Yes, maybe. I'm hoping if anyone reading this has an official Viaccess 4 card and my model of TM, they would be so kind as to try it without a CAM and confirm if it works or not.
I would expect that currently it wouldn't work.

I can only assume that my Viaccess CAM wouldn't work for Viaccess 4 either. I suppose it seems reasonable it wouldn't support a version of Viaccess that didn't exist when it was made. But that's just an assumption.

Lee