PDA

View Full Version : Is it Possible

keith0509
01-06-2010, 01:08 PM
As yet I don't have a VU+ duo but was wondering if it was possible to record 1 programe while watching another with only 1 input.
The problem I have is that with my set up I only have one coax coming in from my motorised dish.

Sawdust
01-06-2010, 01:36 PM
either use a dual feed lnb or set up a seperate fixed dish for connecting to the 2nd tuner

loveman
01-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Or, you should be able to receive more than 1 programme while watching another, but both have to be on the same transponder... Best way is to get a quad lnb (or twin if you only really need the two) and put another cable run to the box. That's what I'm hoping to do...

keith0509
02-06-2010, 01:04 PM
The problem I have is that I am unable to put another cable run in as the cable runs through the cavity of the wall length ways.
Is there no way that the existing single cable can be adapted/used.

terrybobs
02-06-2010, 05:52 PM
use the loop through facilty which will allow you to do this but only for the satellite your on
regards

foggy
02-06-2010, 07:27 PM
The problem I have is that I am unable to put another cable run in as the cable runs through the cavity of the wall length ways.
Is there no way that the existing single cable can be adapted/used.

Why can you not cut your existing cable, and use that too pull through some shotgun or two cables down the cavity.

keith0509
02-06-2010, 07:44 PM
Why can you not cut your existing cable, and use that too pull through some shotgun or two cables down the cavity.

The run is far too long with too many bends in it for that to work m8.

I'm not familiar with the loop through, how does that work.

foggy
02-06-2010, 09:07 PM
it will allow you to use one lnb, you will be able to watch stuff off the same transponder. Another option is to remove some skirting boards and get it behind them. Were abouts are you located, it is very rare that a suitable route could not be found, if you are local i would pop round and see if i could help

keith0509
02-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Unfortunately there is no way of putting in a second cable as it is a new extension with new fittings and decoration.
Also outside has no wires showing as I have the coax hidden away too, thanks for the offer though m8.

I was thinking something along the lines of a twin LNB to a single coax then split at the receiver end into 2 inputs.
Is it not similar to watching 2 different terrestrial stations off the same aerial.

loveman
02-06-2010, 10:18 PM
No, because of the way that the lnb works. Basically, you have it split in to 4 (can't remember exactly what they are, but something like vertical, horizontal, high frequency & low frequency). The standard lnb will just allow you to watch the transponder that has been selected. If you have a quattro lnb and a multiswitch, then you can connect as many cables all up to the multiswitch as the switch will allow, and it seperates the feeds in to these 4 routes. However, each cable will only allow the transponder you have selected, so whatever route you go, you need to be able to get another cable run down to the box to take advantage of the second tuner...