PDA

View Full Version : Timer Recording

stumac
01-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know how to stop a timer recording once it has started, I have tried to cancel a recording numerous times but to no avail, pressing the stop button does not work, I am running Dream Elite BH_13 OE1.6.

Thanks in advance :king-042:

loveman
01-06-2010, 10:34 PM
You need to go to the menu, timer, and then select the item you are wanting to cancel. Then, press the red button, and this should delete it... Once it's been deleted, it will stop recording. You can then go through the video menu, and delete the recording if you don't want any of the recording...

Detlef
01-06-2010, 11:58 PM
I've not got a DM800 but on my Dream (500 and 600) I just try to change channel (or Sat) and it pops up with a box asking 'continue recording' or 'stop recording'.

I don't find the Dreamboxes very intuitive, for example there is no indication that it is actually recording.

loveman
02-06-2010, 09:14 PM
With the 800, there is a blinking red light that flashes on the front of the box to say that it is recording, and you can also get it to blink the clock/display on the lcd to show that it is recording...

I think that the option you have will work if you change the advanced settings so that the "priority to recordings" is set to no... With it set to yes (the default setting), it comes up saying that there is no free tuner!

stumac
04-06-2010, 04:11 PM
Thanks Loveman,

Tried it, works perfectly, bit of an odd way to stop a recording tho!

loveman
05-06-2010, 01:36 PM
No probs :)

Agreed, it's weird, but does the job, so at least it does it. Not very intuitive tho is it, you'd think the stop button would be the way they'd go! Hey ho :p