PDA

View Full Version : why switch to spiderbox??!!

wozer
01-06-2010, 11:16 PM
hi all
well at the moment i have a technomate 6900 hd box , i have read alot about all the great packages spiderbox offers , but firstly who makes the boxes & what about the patch/software backup how long will it last & is it reliable , finally how do these boxes work is it just a simple task of downloading patch onto usb stick & then loading it onto receiver??? , really could do with some help on this as dont want to sell my technomate then jump in & regret it!!!!! , i am running my technomate with the new diablo cam 2 at the moment , thanks in advance for any help you can give me incl best place to buy the receiver

BRUTUS
02-06-2010, 12:10 AM
The best place to buy the box is with our sponsor here, Goldwafers.com, look above...
All patches and software and support can be found here, the box has so much to offer (it is a full linux box, server and client, can use most of the cams and cards, comes with 12 months free C+, D+, DigiAlb, and Digi on Thor channels), etc...
You will not need your diablo cam though, all the channels are open without any cam or card...
Good luck

sheild 10
02-06-2010, 02:30 AM
The best place to buy the box is with our sponsor here, Goldwafer.com, look above...
All patches and software and support can be found here, the box has so much to offer (it is a full linux box, server and client, can use most of the cams and cards, comes with 12 months free C+, D+, DigiAlb, and Digi on Thor channels), etc...
You will not need your diablo cam though, all the channels are open without any cam or card...
Good luck

he ask how is it is programmed by usb, or by conection to the computer that is what he wanted to know please tell all :king-042:

echelon
02-06-2010, 05:23 AM
programming is by usb stick , like a lot of modern boxes

the patches are made by the people who brought him his technomate patches

nobody can tell you how long it will last , or how long it will be supported , but I would think a few years , ie:- same as the technomates were

as mentioned above you shouldnt need the diablo cam , and goldwafers is a reliable supplier

BRUTUS
02-06-2010, 09:40 AM
he ask how is it is programmed by usb, or by conection to the computer that is what he wanted to know please tell all :king-042:

Did you read his title? Why, not how??? :smash:

Keano
02-06-2010, 10:52 AM
I have to say that I am surprised that this gift is still going. It clear to see that the box connects to a remote server for clearing channels and would have thought by now the authorities would have investigated.

Bazza1974
02-06-2010, 12:13 PM
Are full packages still clearing on gift??
As long as Rupie's packages stay off gift then no one's gonna give a sh!t about the servers!!!

Likvid
02-06-2010, 04:29 PM
No box based on STi again.

Just look at all previous boxes based on STI chipset and only thing that makes this box going is the free gift of connecting to a CS server which any Linux receiver can do anyway.

kinace
02-06-2010, 04:42 PM
im getting the same vibes as visionnet, innovative, nannox, protek etc here.

in short, it will end in tears with a lot of finger pointing.

Bazza1974
02-06-2010, 04:56 PM
For now, I'm happy with my Canal Digital Sweden card and my TM 6800 HD.

speedy_04
02-06-2010, 05:20 PM
i will say this, making the switch from the technomate tm5400 usb super was the best thing i ever did, not only for the amazing hd quality but for the fact i can pick up a col more sats that i could not do with the tm 5400. the gifts is a great bonus with this box plus the fact it is so easy to operate makes it prob the best box available

echelon
02-06-2010, 05:22 PM
but do not forget it can take a patch and softcam to open channels on 1w , 39e , and others too

and you can run a c line or n line in it so its not tied to the gift only

a white card works in it ;)

it can take various cams and other cards too , if you need it to

I believe it can do home streaming too

so its not as if its only tied to one particular method of working

and the menus and picture quality are excellent , its HD as well , has a better tuner , and has an rf output if required , and for the price its a lot better than my old samsung 9500 viaci , irdeto cam , card and programmer etc ,which cost me a lot more at the time from a previous forum sponsor

wozer
02-06-2010, 11:11 PM
well thanks guys for the advice , this is probably a daft question but does the box need to be connected to the internet to clear the channels as i dont understand the "server" talk so still a bit confused

speedy_04
02-06-2010, 11:21 PM
yes it does need to be connected to the internet to use c line or n line and also the gift channels. u can either connect it directly to the router or use a 3g dongle via laptop and crossover cable

echelon
02-06-2010, 11:42 PM
in general you can take it as read that ethernet connection to the internet is vital from 2010 onwards ;)

but this is only if the internet is supplying the live "feed" required to clear channels

if it was the patch doing it , or cam , or local card , or local lan , then no internet is required

so no for digi tv or bulsat , yes for those opening via the server ( the gift )

pineapple jack
07-06-2010, 01:17 PM
I have had a Technomate 1500CI+ for quite a few years and am thinking of getting a new receiver.
I have held back because I only have a mobile broadband dongle at the moment and I'm out in the sticks so 2G............ in other words the old dialup speeds.

But I'm going to try BB again via a landline but I'm a long way from the tel exchange so not sure how fast a speed I'll get.

Is there a minimum speed you need to use BB with the Spiderbox ?

Thanks.

echelon
07-06-2010, 01:33 PM
I have had a Technomate 1500CI+ for quite a few years and am thinking of getting a new receiver.
I have held back because I only have a mobile broadband dongle at the moment and I'm out in the sticks so 2G............ in other words the old dialup speeds.

But I'm going to try BB again via a landline but I'm a long way from the tel exchange so not sure how fast a speed I'll get.

Is there a minimum speed you need to use BB with the Spiderbox ?

Thanks.

I doubt it , and the old 500 service ( 0.5 mb ) we used to have in the beginning should be more than adequate , and some people are using wireless dongles too

so if you got say a minimum 2mb broadband connection , which is supposedly available to everyone in the country , or soon will be , then that is fine

pineapple jack
07-06-2010, 03:12 PM
OK thanks,am getting landline BB activated next week.

Of course there is the 10 day training period first before the line is stabalized.

sheild 10
07-06-2010, 06:31 PM
i heard the spiderbox frezzes a lot :ack2:

echelon
07-06-2010, 07:45 PM
mine doesnt

trucker
07-06-2010, 08:34 PM
Freezing,

Mine doesnt either,

Its a great little box and if it did freeze some times, for the price there is Nothing that can match it, Price or Picture Quality,
:respect-051:
i think its Great

KTVF
trucker

BRUTUS
07-06-2010, 09:50 PM
i heard the spiderbox frezzes a lot :ack2:

Please state FACTS only, not 'I heard bla bla bla....', buy one of the box and report your experience so others can benefit. THANKS!:smash::sifone:

sheild 10
07-06-2010, 10:36 PM
Please state FACTS only, not 'I heard bla bla bla....', buy one of the box and report your experience so others can benefit. THANKS!:smash::sifone:

i said i heard only i did not say it dose and any feed back is welcome:respect-069:

speedy_04
07-06-2010, 11:41 PM
no freezing using a 3g dongle, best box i ever got, clines works great, plus the gift is well worth getting with this box, almost got a technomate tm600 but glad i never now, hd quality is extreamly good

pineapple jack
16-06-2010, 11:01 PM
I now have a landline internet connection but of course I'm going thru the 10 day training period.
As I am on a very long line I'm wondering....... if my connection is only 500kbps will that be enough to work with a Spiderbox ?

If it is I'm going to get one as it seems to have been endorsed by a number of respected and knowledgeable forum members.

speedy_04
16-06-2010, 11:11 PM
yes it should be fine for the spiderbox as i have said i was using a 3g dongle without any probs, and with the addition of more channels to the service+ remote server its a must buy box to get now

Gone_Fishing
17-06-2010, 09:12 PM
I now have a landline internet connection but of course I'm going thru the 10 day training period.
As I am on a very long line I'm wondering....... if my connection is only 500kbps will that be enough to work with a Spiderbox ?

If it is I'm going to get one as it seems to have been endorsed by a number of respected and knowledgeable forum members.

Speed isn't really a good indication of anything best thing to do is get something like Ping tester pro and send say a 100 pings 1 millisecond apart to some addresses like bbc google etc if they all come back perfectly then things should be fine if some get lost then you may get some freeze, a line has to be pretty bad though to lose pings but its a better indication than line speed I'm on a long line myself

TNT

pineapple jack
17-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Ok thanks for that.

tommie
19-06-2010, 07:30 AM
im getting the same vibes as visionnet, innovative, nannox, protek etc here.

in short, it will end in tears with a lot of finger pointing.

Really - Had my Protek for over a year now and still recieve countless packages inc:

Sky Germany
C+ NL
C SAT
Cabo
MCT
Theme X
Digi Alb
Plus more - my only regret is I didn't get one earlier!

Tom

holmroad
19-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Really - Had my Protek for over a year now and still recieve countless packages inc:

Sky Germany
C+ NL
C SAT
Cabo
MCT
Theme X
Digi Alb
Plus more - my only regret is I didn't get one earlier!

Tom

Assume you get all those packages via c/s mate?:respect-058:

sheild 10
19-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Did you read his title? Why, not how??? :smash:

did you read his post

is it just a simple task of downloading patch onto usb stick & then loading it onto receiver??? , :respect-055:

sheild 10
19-06-2010, 11:46 AM

was told by a friend and others that it freeze who has a spiderbox

BRUTUS
19-06-2010, 01:21 PM
was told by a friend and others that it freeze who has a spiderbox

That is exactly what we always try to avoid here...someone or a friend of a grand father of his niece ....told me bla bla....You have been here for over a year and you should know that by now. Please learn from now:
-either you heard and you ASK not assume, you ask if it is true and people will give feedback to you
or you have the box and feedback from experience...
Thank you.
Thread closed as far as I am concerned.:chillpill:

barrysat
19-06-2010, 01:39 PM
hi m8s

i have a new spiderbo***0, has beautiful picture, simple to use
usb stick loading, put in rec bingo.
all off hd channels, iam happy:respect-023:

centaur
19-06-2010, 01:57 PM
I've had a Spiderbox a couple of months now and have no hesitation in recommending others to get one. Easy to set up and just as easy to install updates via USB so long as you follow the instructions to the letter. The support to date has been very good on reading the queries posed on the various forums and the responses given. Generally satisfying the problems being raised.