PDA

View Full Version : Which Viaccess CAM for Viaccess 4 cards?

mynameisEarl
02-06-2010, 02:01 AM
Hello,

Does anyone know for sure if an official Viaccess 4 viewing card needs a specific model of Viaccess CAM?
Or do Viaccess 4 cards work in Viaccess CAMs that I/we may already have?

I no longer have the purchase details for my Viaccess CAM, but I would hazard a guess that I bought it about a year ago.

Thanks a lot,
Lee
UK

pipino
02-06-2010, 08:45 PM
viaccess is a **** company i will be surprise if they even survive 2years more

chrishellis
02-06-2010, 10:42 PM
@ mynameisEarl

latest viaccess 4 card received today

works ok in my old viaccess black cam - also works in my old matrix reloaded cam with 1180 bin file loaded

does not work in my matrix revolution cam

rgds
chris

Barney
03-06-2010, 02:11 AM
i just used my Technomate1500CI to activate my Jsc viaccess 4.0 card ,
i also activated my Jsc Irdeto card aswell in Technomate1500Ci .
So if you have Technomate box its still very usefull to Activate cards it worked fine with my Jsc viaccess card almost instant activation infact so should be fine with other Viaccess cards aswell without the need for Viaccess Red/black Cams
hope that helps ?
--------------
Barneycarlton

mynameisEarl
03-06-2010, 03:08 AM
Thanks Chris,

I have a Viaccess CAM with a red label on it. It seems then that mine may work, as you have reported success in some existing CAMs.

Barney,
When you say 'activated' do you mean your TM was able to activate the Viaccess 4 card and also allow you to watch those channels in the TM without a CAM?

Lee

pheonix
05-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Thanks Chris,

I have a Viaccess CAM with a red label on it. It seems then that mine may work, as you have reported success in some existing CAMs.

Barney,
When you say 'activated' do you mean your TM was able to activate the Viaccess 4 card and also allow you to watch those channels in the TM without a CAM?

Lee

it has a inbuilt via cam module.

pikkachu
09-03-2011, 04:52 PM
my Via4 card workd fine on ViaRed CAM. On ViaBlack Cam some channels don't clear

fred fickle
13-03-2012, 01:29 AM
my Via4 card workd fine on ViaRed CAM. On ViaBlack Cam some channels don't clear

What firmware version is in your cam mate?

Aldo
13-03-2012, 02:15 AM
What firmware version is in your cam mate?

Please check the date of the post in question.