PDA

View Full Version : deleting sats

mister-t
06-06-2010, 10:02 AM
is it possible to delete sats,there are a lot of sats i cant get so would like to delete them and try and put my sats in order as i view them,i have tried different ways to delete sats but end up deleting all my channels and its a pain in the ass to to reload saved channel list as all stored sat positions are lost
thanks for any help
mister-t

Giga
06-06-2010, 11:59 AM
good to know it is not that user friendly after all

Satcat
06-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Go to Channel Manager, then to Remove, then press Yellow button until "SAT Rem" shows. Then click on one of the channels of the sat you want to delete, then press blue button, exit and save. (I think)

mister-t
06-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Go to Channel Manager, then to Remove, then press Yellow button until "SAT Rem" shows. Then click on one of the channels of the sat you want to delete, then press blue button, exit and save. (I think)

tried as you suggested deleted everything,so back to reloading channels and storing sat positions again:001_07:

Satcat
06-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Yea, sorry about that. Just tried it myself and your right.
I use the setEdit channel editor for those sort of jobs.

mister-t
06-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Yea, sorry about that. Just tried it myself and your right.
I use the setEdit channel editor for those sort of jobs.

its ok dont worry about im sure sooner or later a decent editor will be about to do the job

williamtell
10-06-2010, 01:18 PM
i just keep deleting TP,s on unwanted sat till all gone, not too much time taken.

mister-t
10-06-2010, 02:58 PM
i just keep deleting TP,s on unwanted sat till all gone, not too much time taken.

its the satellite i want to delete not transponders as there are to many that i cant recieve.and would also like to put them in order as i view them from 42east to 5west

williamtell
13-06-2010, 12:01 PM
yes thats what i meant, keep deleting tp then satellite has gone, continuous pressing of delete tp doesent take very long.

mister-t
13-06-2010, 12:34 PM
yes thats what i meant, keep deleting tp then satellite has gone, continuous pressing of delete tp doesent take very long.

tried your way and still deleting all my sats,so i am doing something wrong
as i cant get it to work,have you done it this way,even followed instructions in spiderbox manual and still deletes all my sats
mister-t

williamtell
13-06-2010, 12:38 PM
yes m8, i had to many channels as i duplicated on network searches so as mentioned just deleted all tp,s [sorry no go 4u.

RABBY
13-06-2010, 01:30 PM
williamtell

There is a Easier way ???

Go to [ Channel Manger ] Press [ ok ] ??

Scroll along the top task bar ? to [ Remove ] It now becomes[ CH Rem ]Press the [ Yellow ] Button 2 Times ? Untill it becomes [ SAT Rem ] ??? Then Press the [ OK ] Button, Then you will see a Tick at Every channel ? Press the [ Blue ] Button ?? All the channels with a Tick are Deleted:)

Have Fun
Thanks to Fendoch for the Info:respect-067:

Satcat
13-06-2010, 01:52 PM
williamtell

There is a Easier way ???

Go to [ Channel Manger ] Press [ ok ] ??

Scroll along the top task bar ? to [ Remove ] It now becomes[ CH Rem ]Press the [ Yellow ] Button 2 Times ? Untill it becomes [ SAT Rem ] ??? Then Press the [ OK ] Button, Then you will see a Tick at Every channel ? Press the [ Blue ] Button ?? All the channels with a Tick are Deleted:)

And all the other Sats and channels as well..........................

RABBY
13-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Satcat

No it Does not m8 ? I Use this all the time, before i do a Blind Scan , Just the channels on the sat you are on , are Deleted:) Untick one Channel before you try ?? Keep a back up onto USB AS Well just incase it goes **** up

mister-t
13-06-2010, 01:58 PM

thats correct satcat,i have tried everyway to try and delete unused sats seems there is no way it can be done well not on my box anyway so i will just have to leave things as they are,aint no big problem just that i like to have things in some sort of order
mister-t