PDA

View Full Version : Remote codes wanted for S4000HD

stubs
12-06-2010, 01:28 AM
I'd like to program my Pronto RU990 to work my Icecrypt S4000HD a bit better and as such i'd like to use "descrete codes" for the power commands.

At the moment it's configured to toggle the power the same way the OEM remote does. Instead, I'd like the remote codes for the seperate On command and the seperate Off command (if the reciever is capable of distinguishing these)

Does anyone know if this is possible with this receiver?
I've posted here (http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-discrete/thread.cgi?5965), but the 1st reply suggests this may not be possbile.

Any help would be great
Thanks,
Stu

stubs
17-06-2010, 03:05 PM
Nobody? ..i've emailed Icecrypt and Fortis, but not yet had any reply.
Does anyone have any connections I could try?

jacksback
17-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Hi there stubs.

I'm pretty sure I had the same issue when configuring my Harmony remote BUT I some how got it to learn the Power On and Power Off separately. It might just be that the Harmony online database had the codes. I'll check tonight and test Powering it Off and On with both buttons.

stubs
18-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the reply jacksback..
I tried programing my dad's Harmony One to control the Icecrypt (so I could then learn the discrete codes off it)

First off Logitech didn't list the Icecrypt, so I programmed it to control an Octagon 1018. This worked ok, but didn't have seperate Power On and Off commands... only a toggle.

The Logitec remotes get by with these by using a logic system. Provided you only use this remote to control your hardware, it remembers what state it's in... then there's a help button to correct itself it if gets out of sync.

Not ideal really for what I want :ack2:

jacksback
18-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Got ya.

Maybe ask the guys over at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/

Hopefully they can help you.

Good Luck

stubs
18-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Cheers bud, I'll give them a try.

ColdAsICE
18-06-2010, 01:23 PM
I have a test firmware which uses the zero to wake the S4000 from standby.
As its a beta I cannot release it yet but it will be implemented in the next release so don't despair.

stubs
18-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Sounds GREAT!! Thanks for the heads up... I'll just hang on for that then.

Out of interest, do you know if they will ever release a firmware with both power options seperate? (Discrete codes of course, as I know the OEM only has a power toggle)

Reason I ask is that although a macro could now be created which will ensure the box is off from any state by doing a zero, then power toggle.. it is still a bit sloppy from an installer's point of view. I know of a couple of people who are interested in the box, but avoid it for this reason.

ColdAsICE
21-06-2010, 12:28 PM
I can add your request to the wish list but that doesn't always guarantee a result.
It depends if they think it will generate enough sales to make it worth while.
Worth a try though!........keep your fingers crossed.

stubs
21-06-2010, 01:17 PM