PDA

View Full Version : need help please db500hd

kennyboy
18-06-2010, 01:12 AM
got this on saturday still ere trying to work out how to move dish bit harder to set up than i thought please before some1 tells me to use search button i have now i have not been able to flash it yet not thru browers ie7 or firefox got usb to small usb put in drivers and tryed with dreamup 3.3.5 sat there saying flsahing to memory nothing happened im not able to download any cams at the moment this is on the box

Devicename: dm500hd
Enigma Version: 2010-01-27-master
Image Version: Release 2.7.1 2010-01-27
Frontprozessor Version: VNone
Webinterface Version: 1.6rc3

Tuners
Tuner A: BCM4505 (DVB-S2)

Network Interface (eth0)
Mac Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00
DHCP enabled: False
IP: 000.000.000.000
Netmask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 000.000.000.000

the 0 are what i have deletted because i have dhcp off the router is enabled
i want to run static on db unless flash which i cannot do at the min
so basically how do i install cams and how do i move my dish dont want to put long and lat i want to move dish like i do with db500s i can get dreambox webcontrol read menu book over and over so now time for some help plesae and what tuners are what thanks

haji24
18-06-2010, 01:41 AM
DM500 HD Flashing firmware by Browser
Flashing a new firmware by Browser

What you need to flash

You need the image file you want to flash. Image files have the extension *.nfi. You can't flash other
images like *.img files. Don't try it - it won't work.

You need either a DHCP server and a configured bootloader

You need a browser and a network cable. Connect your Dreambox to a switch/hub/router in your lokal LAN.

To flash a new image, you can use the second stage loader. It must be present and not broken.

The following steps assume you have a DHCP server.
If you don't have one, you have to setup
 an IP address (klick) in the bootloader's serial setup.

- Power down the Dreambox, either using "shutdown" and by switching off by the power switch.
Standby is not enough!

- (1.) Press and hold the power button.
- (2.) Switch on your Dreambox.
- (3.) Your Dreambox will get the next free DHCP IP address from your router.
- Now, open a browser on your PC.
(1.) enter in the address line "http://ip/" .
- (2.) on the bottom of the page, there's a link called "firmware upgrade". Click it.
- On the next page, you can select the flash image you want to flash. be sure that it has the ".nfi" extension.
You can't flash other images (like .img)!
- Click on "FLASH!" and wait. It might take some time to upload and flash the image.
- Switch the box off again, and on again. The new image should be flashed and working.

jimrare
18-06-2010, 07:00 PM
With pictures _http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/dm500-hd-flashing-firmware-browser

oldfart
18-06-2010, 07:32 PM
The usb on a 500hd is NOT a normal USB port - you can't use it to load file. its for flashing & control.
Loads of tutorils on flashing a dm, gotta ask, what image are you going to use?

kennyboy
19-06-2010, 12:44 AM
The usb on a 500hd is NOT a normal USB port - you can't use it to load file. its for flashing & control.
Loads of tutorils on flashing a dm, gotta ask, what image are you going to use?

not really sure i was thinking about eniagme2 unless some1 recommends 1

kennyboy
19-06-2010, 12:50 AM
With pictures _http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/dm500-hd-flashing-firmware-browser

been ere m8 its the bootlooader bit i dont understand i have dhcp off on the db but when power of box on and hold front button in i get the ip it still brings me to breambox webcontrol and what about moving dish like i do with db500s dont want to use lon and lat

kennyboy
19-06-2010, 12:52 AM
DM500 HD Flashing firmware by Browser
Flashing a new firmware by Browser

What you need to flash

You need the image file you want to flash. Image files have the extension *.nfi. You can't flash other
images like *.img files. Don't try it - it won't work.

You need either a DHCP server and a configured bootloader

You need a browser and a network cable. Connect your Dreambox to a switch/hub/router in your lokal LAN.

To flash a new image, you can use the second stage loader. It must be present and not broken.

The following steps assume you have a DHCP server.
If you don't have one, you have to setup
 an IP address (klick) in the bootloader's serial setup.

- Power down the Dreambox, either using "shutdown" and by switching off by the power switch.
Standby is not enough!

- (1.) Press and hold the power button.
- (2.) Switch on your Dreambox.
- (3.) Your Dreambox will get the next free DHCP IP address from your router.
- Now, open a browser on your PC.
(1.) enter in the address line "http://ip/" .
- (2.) on the bottom of the page, there's a link called "firmware upgrade". Click it.
- On the next page, you can select the flash image you want to flash. be sure that it has the ".nfi" extension.
You can't flash other images (like .img)!
- Click on "FLASH!" and wait. It might take some time to upload and flash the image.
- Switch the box off again, and on again. The new image should be flashed and working.

this is the bit that gets me where is bootloader do i have to install 1

jimrare
19-06-2010, 08:33 AM
not really sure i was thinking about eniagme2 unless some1 recommends 1Enigma2 is your only option. All dm500HD images are based on enigma2. I would recommend latest gemini image or latest dream elite image. You can find the dream elite image in this forum, for the latest gemini you will have to visit gemini's official forum.

been ere m8 its the bootlooader bit i dont understand i have dhcp off on the db but when power of box on and hold front button in i get the ip it still brings me to breambox webcontrol and what about moving dish like i do with db500s dont want to use lon and lat
You are not reading carefully. Forget about the bootloader.
The following steps assume you have a DHCP server. If you don't have one, you have to setup an ip address in the bootloader's serial setupIn other words enable dhcp in your dreambox (this is the default option unless you have changed it). Of course your router should also act as a dhcp server (again this is the default option in most if not all routers unless you have changed it).

jimrare
19-06-2010, 08:37 AM
Maybe you haven't understood what dhcp is. In simple words when building a network each pc/router/laptop/digital receiver should have its own address. You can either assign each of the above its own address, or make your router act as a dhcp server and every time you turn on your pc/laptop/receiver your router will hand out the ip addresses automatically.

oldfart
19-06-2010, 04:36 PM
1. the boot loader - if you need a new on, it is intalled along with your image - forget about it.
2. to find the ip address of the DM- google for 'advanced ip scanner'.
2a. Assuming your DM is on & you know its ip address.
3. you HAVE to connect your PC directly to the DM - once the pc is switched on (and connected to your network router). Get the DM ip address, then disconnect the pc from your router and connect it directly to the DM. Just enter the DM address in any browser.

jimrare
19-06-2010, 06:48 PM
3. you HAVE to connect your PC directly to the DM - once the pc is switched on (and connected to your network router). Get the DM ip address, then disconnect the pc from your router and connect it directly to the DM. Just enter the DM address in any browser.This is not correct, you don't need to connect your pc directly to the box. Connecting your box to the router requires a straight cable while connecting it directly needs a crossover cable.

kennyboy
19-06-2010, 11:43 PM
Maybe you haven't understood what dhcp is. In simple words when building a network each pc/router/laptop/digital receiver should have its own address. You can either assign each of the above its own address, or make your router act as a dhcp server and every time you turn on your pc/laptop/receiver your router will hand out the ip addresses automatically.

i fully understand dhcp got linksys router dhcp enabled and db i gave it ip addy portforward tcp same as db change pass word and get ftp thru flashfxp so i know thats all ok so can i flash it with the ip i gave thru web browers ie 7 or firefox by holding front button power up for about 10secs

jimrare
20-06-2010, 09:32 AM
i fully understand dhcp got linksys router dhcp enabled and db i gave it ip addyAre you saying that you are giving the db an ip address because we just explained that by enabling dhcp at your dreambox, the ip will be handed out automatically
portforward tcp same as db You don't need to do any portforwarding in order to flash a new image.

Simply enable dhcp in your router. Enable dhcp in your dreambox.Turn your dreambox off from the switch behind. Press and hold the power button at the front of your dreambox. Now turn on the switch from the back of your dreambox.

Go to your pc, open up your web browser, enter the ip that your router handed out to your dreambox and click on the link called "firmware upgrade".

The only tricky part from the above is finding the ip that your router handed out to your dreambox. However this is easy to find if you log in to your router, find where dhcp is enabled and somewhere near you will see a "start address" which means this is the first ip address it will hand out. It usually is 192.168.1.2 or 192.168.0.2. There is a chance that your pc has dhcp enabled and was handed out an ip first while your dreambox was second. That means that your dreambox probably got the next address, 192.168.1.3 or 192.168.0.3 and so on.

oldfart
20-06-2010, 08:43 PM
This is not correct, you don't need to connect your pc directly to the box. Connecting your box to the router requires a straight cable while connecting it directly needs a crossover cable.

I'm afraid it is true. It has nothing to do with cables - routers have cross-overs in them anyway - so it doesn't matter what cable you use.
If you don't connect the PC directly to the DM, whilst flashing, the DM disconnects from the router and re-connects and the dhcp sever gives is a new ip - so the flash never completes - I have tried both methods numerous times (I have 2 x 8ks and a 500HD) the method I described WORKS, if you want to try another method, then fine, but it won't work.

ian
20-06-2010, 09:08 PM
@oldfart

create a static route in your router and this wont happen as you always have the same ip assigned to the box.simples.Ian.

oldfart
20-06-2010, 09:17 PM
My DMs have static ip add.
boot DM into ip mode, then telnet into DM - you get the bios - alter its ip add. there.

jimrare
20-06-2010, 09:47 PM
I'm afraid it is true. It has nothing to do with cables - routers have cross-overs in them anyway - so it doesn't matter what cable you use.
If you don't connect the PC directly to the DM, whilst flashing, the DM disconnects from the router and re-connects and the dhcp sever gives is a new ip - so the flash never completes - I have tried both methods numerous times (I have 2 x 8ks and a 500HD) the method I described WORKS, if you want to try another method, then fine, but it won't work.
I'm afraid you are not correct. There is an option in your router which is called client lease time, this is usually set to 24 hours which means that if it disconnects and reconnects, it will still get the same ip. But even if your lease time is set to something small such as 1sec, the only way to get some other ip is if when your dreambox disconnects, some other device turns on at the same time and snatches the ip before your dreambox.

It has nothing to do with cables - routers have cross-overs in them anyway - so it doesn't matter what cable you useOf course cabling matters otherwise we wouldn't have to bother buying a crossover or a straight cable. There is no way you can connect a pc and a dreambox directly without using a crossover cable. You are right when you say that the router has a crossover inside it, thats why when using a router you only need a straight cable. But you said
you HAVE to connect your PC directly to the DM which means that he won't be using any router, therefore he will need a crossover.

kennyboy
22-06-2010, 12:05 AM
well still no joy trying to flash this 500hd done what you told me also used advance ip addy that shows me my pc the db and router ive been into db and the ip is the same as ip scanner done it again useing ip scanner comes up with same ip addys and db as dchp enabled and hold front button power up let go after 15 secs but still cannot flash put ip addy in addy bar ie7 just goes back to home page im thinking about get a esata stand alone hard drive can you put images onit like 7020 or is it for recording only the image i have on now is

enigma 2010 01 27 master
image release 2.7.1 2010 01 27
detected nims
tuner a bcm4505 dvb s2

is it possible to use/download cccam 213 with this image because in the image theres no download manager thanks

dubious
22-06-2010, 01:12 AM
Seeing as this is the first time you are flashing this box why not just use dreamup with the network disabled and flash it just via the USB. It will take a bit longer but as you seem to have exhausted the network options for now you have nothing to loose.

I have attatched below the USB to serial drivers you will need to install on your PC, extract them to a folder and then use the PreInstaller.exe to install the drivers, then when you plugin your DM500 it should be picked up, if windows asks you for the drivers point it to the install folder which is C:\Program Files\SparkFunElectronics\USB\

Be sure to use the latest dreamup.

jimrare
22-06-2010, 07:45 AM
put ip addy in addy bar ie7 just goes back to home page Well there is something wrong with your network. When typing your dbs ip address in your web browser you should get the dbs web interface. The difference is that when pressing the power button and then switching on, you go to the flashing options, if you do nothing you go to your boxes web interface control. Either way you should get something.

Where exactly did you see that your db had the right address? Press the menu button, navigate to system and then network. Select intergrated ethernet, addapter settings and tell us what you see.

oldfart
22-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Have you got a firewall - disable it for a while if so.

kennyboy
26-06-2010, 12:58 AM
Well there is something wrong with your network. When typing your dbs ip address in your web browser you should get the dbs web interface. The difference is that when pressing the power button and then switching on, you go to the flashing options, if you do nothing you go to your boxes web interface control. Either way you should get something.

Where exactly did you see that your db had the right address? Press the menu button, navigate to system and then network. Select intergrated ethernet, addapter settings and tell us what you see.

hello m8 sorry for delay i have tryed everything still cannot flash it this is what i get with dchp enabled on router and db

web interface yes ( i can get that)
dhcp yes
primard dns 194.168.4.100
secondary 194.168.8.100
ip addy 102.168.1.102
webmask 255.255.255
gateway 192.168.1.1

hope this helps also can i put a image on a hard drive i have esata hard drive now thanks

kennyboy
28-06-2010, 01:58 AM
ive managed to flash it useing this. this is NOT my work

From what i can read between the lines you are trying to update your DM500HD via USB ?
If i am correct then it looks like windows cant find the Drivers for your USB device.
I would suggest trying another USB Device to put your image on then try again.

After 2 seconds on google i find this i hope it helps.

Flashing DM500HD with dreamup - what you should be aware of
NOTE: Normally I would not flash using dreamup; use a browser like with the DM600:
a. Switch of DM500HD, press the front switch and hold while powering on.
b. Connect with a browser to the DHCP supplied IP.

But if the box has been flashed with a bad image, use dreamup as follows.

The DM500HD does not have a serial port. It has a mini USB port instead. When using dreamup, it expects to use a COM port to set the box in flash mode. This had me confused for a bit as the DreamMultimedia website did not have any explanation of how to get around this problem.
1. On the off-chance something might happen, I connected the mini USB (dreambox) to a USB port on my PC and got 'new hard found DM500HD'. I then let it install the software for the 'new hardware', which was reported as a 'composite device' with nothing in the name to indicate it was a dreambox. I let it go through all the installing software rubbish until it said ' new hard is installed succesfully'.
2. Connect your dreambox to the LAN - FLASHING USING THE SERIAL(USB) CONNECTION DOES NOT WORK But you have to have the USB also connected to use dreamup.
3. I switched off the dreambox.
4. I then opened dreamup and a new COM port had appeared (COM15). I selected this COM15 and clicked 'connect' at which point dreamup wanted me to switch on the dreambox.
4a. Tick the box 'Network Connection' and set up the correct IP addresses.
5. Switch on the dreambox. It will now upload the flash loader to the dreambox - wait.
6. Click 'Flash' and select the image you want to flash. Then wait until it reports it has completed flashing.

If the network does not connect for some reason, then you will get an error 'Bad Request 400' in the dreamup window. This will happen anytime you try to flash using only the USB connection. Remember to tick the box 'Use network' in dreamup

kennyboy
28-06-2010, 03:03 AM
ok flashed it installed cccam 214 really like 213 but not on pli server done a network test

lan ok
local network ok dhcp disabled ive done that now i have put my own ip in.
ip addy ok
namesrever unconfirmed i thought that was the same as router 192.168.1.1 that what i have in dns server put my ccam config press blue button sorry ccam cannot reply so what have i done to nameserver thanks ps i can i see ccam in info bar

jimrare
28-06-2010, 08:37 AM
web interface yes ( i can get that)
dhcp yes
primard dns 194.168.4.100
secondary 194.168.8.100
ip addy 102.168.1.102
webmask 255.255.255
gateway 192.168.1.1So it was a network problem? The above settings seem wrong unless you mistyped them

jimrare
28-06-2010, 08:43 AM
It seems your router has an ip of 192.168.1.1 so your dreambox settings should be something like
use interface:yes
use dhcp:no
ip address:192.168.1.102 (the red part should be anything from 2-254, 102 is ok)
netmask:255.255.255.0
use a gateway:yes
gateway and primary dns:192.168.1.1 (same as your router)
you don't need a secondary dns as your router is the sole dns in your network

kennyboy
02-07-2010, 12:39 AM
It seems your router has an ip of 192.168.1.1 so your dreambox settings should be something like
use interface:yes
use dhcp:no
ip address:192.168.1.102 (the red part should be anything from 2-254, 102 is ok)
use a gateway:yes
gateway and primary dns:192.168.1.1 (same as your router)
you don't need a secondary dns as your router is the sole dns in your network

right this is what iv done put db 500s on i have nablosat 6.1 cccam 213
192.168.1.*** ip
netmask 255 255 255 0
type lan
name server 192.168.1.1
gateway 192.168.1.1
enable network ticked port 80

then i have put db500hd on with pli image ccam 214
interface:yes
dhcp:no
ip addy 192.168.1.*** ( same as 500s )
gateway:yes
gateway and primary dns:192.168.1.1

so that means both boxes are set the same but the 500hd will not confirm gateway 192.168.1.1 thay are not on at the same time i was cheecking to make sure all cables where ok i can connect to flashfxp with db500s but not wih db 500hd got ports open for ccam tpc ere my cs file

SERVER LISTEN PORT : 12000
ALLOW TELNETINFO: yes
ALLOW WEBINFO: yes
SHOW EXTENEDED CLIENT INFO : yes
WEBINFO USERNAME : root
WEBINFO PASSWORD : ***
TELNETINFO USERNAME : root
TELNETINFO PASSWORD : ***
TELNETINFO LISTEN PORT : 16000
WEBINFO LISTEN PORT : 16001
ZAP OSD TIME : 3
OSD USERNAME : root
OSD PASSWORD : ***
OSD PORT : 80
SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci0 3570000
SHOW TIMING : yes
MINI OSD : yes
DEBUG : yes
#NEWCAMD CONF : yes
DISABLE EMM : no
EXTRA EMM LEVEL : yes
EMM THREADS : 1
BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 00 00 00 DF
SOFTKEY FILE : /var/keys/SoftCam.Key
AUTOROLL FILE : /var/keys/AutoRoll.Key
STATIC CW FILE : /var/keys/constant.cw
CAID PRIO FILE : /var/etc/CCcam.prio
PROVIDERINFO FILE : /var/etc/CCcam.providers
CHANNELINFO FILE : /var/etc/CCcam.channelinfo
#LOG WARNINGS : /tmp/warnings.txt
default : accept all versions
MINIMUM DOWNHOPS: 0

now that works great in db500s var/etc but when its in db500hd go to pppanel all i get is sorry cccam not running so where am i going wrong and where does it go in db500hd var/etc or just ect thanks

jimrare
02-07-2010, 06:48 PM
but the 500hd will not confirm gateway 192.168.1.1
How did you understand it didn't confirm the gateway?

First of all check that your cables are good. Swap the cables for example in order to be 100% sure that its not the cabling.

Then give your dreambox its own unique ip.

192.168.1.1 is for the router as you already said so give
your pc an ip of 192.168.1.2
your 500s 192.168.1.3 and
your 500hd 192.168.1.4

You need to enable gateway and nameserver for your 500hd (the 500s as well, your pc should also have gateway and primary dns) and the value you give is the same as your routers ip which means 192.168.1.1.

BUT you must also make sure that dhcp is NOT enabled in your router because you might mess things up, with different components getting the same ip.

Either enable dhcp and let all components get their own ip automatically, or for better control of your network assign each comonent its own static ip and disable dhcp from everywhere.

kennyboy
09-07-2010, 01:59 AM
How did you understand it didn't confirm the gateway?

First of all check that your cables are good. Swap the cables for example in order to be 100% sure that its not the cabling.

Then give your dreambox its own unique ip.

192.168.1.1 is for the router as you already said so give
your pc an ip of 192.168.1.2
your 500s 192.168.1.3 and
your 500hd 192.168.1.4

You need to enable gateway and nameserver for your 500hd (the 500s as well, your pc should also have gateway and primary dns) and the value you give is the same as your routers ip which means 192.168.1.1.

BUT you must also make sure that dhcp is NOT enabled in your router because you might mess things up, with different components getting the same ip.

Either enable dhcp and let all components get their own ip automatically, or for better control of your network assign each comonent its own static ip and disable dhcp from everywhere.

thanks for your replys im going to take the 500hd back to shop i have now got dreamelitebh 500hd 133.nfi
ip 192.168.1.104
sub 255 255 255
dchp no
gateway 192.168.1.1
pdns 192.168.1.1
when i do a network test get everything to confirm (not dhcp set to no)but gateway server always notconfirmed put cccam cs file ect set all password the cs file is from my db 500s and when i do get 500hd to connect after a while it says lost connection on port 21 checked that with port cheecher 21 80 both come up with error im useing cable linksys router port 12000 12000 16000 to 16001 tcp 104 enabled when i ping the hd i get timed out always useing same cables on 500s everything fine but not on hd so cables are ok im thinking network card in db any more i deas thanks

jimrare
09-07-2010, 04:44 PM
You post is confusing me. Keep things simple. Make a more clear post, use commas and why not a few full stops. No-one can understand what you are talking about.

Try the simple things. Leave port scanners aside you need to get the basics first.

1. Connect your pc to your router, and connect your dreambox to the router as well.
2. Try to ping your router first from your pc. Was it successful?
3. Then try to ping your dreambox from your pc. Was it successful?

Come back and tell us what happened in steps 2. and 3. If you don't know how to ping then google is your friend.

kennyboy
10-07-2010, 11:55 PM
You post is confusing me. Keep things simple. Make a more clear post, use commas and why not a few full stops. No-one can understand what you are talking about.

Try the simple things. Leave port scanners aside you need to get the basics first.

1. Connect your pc to your router, and connect your dreambox to the router as well.
2. Try to ping your router first from your pc. Was it successful?
3. Then try to ping your dreambox from your pc. Was it successful?

Come back and tell us what happened in steps 2. and 3. If you don't know how to ping then google is your friend.

step 2 ping pc it was successful.
step 3 ping db that was successfull and changed password.

kennyboy
11-07-2010, 12:45 AM
step 2 ping pc it was successful.
step 3 ping db that was successfull and changed password.

since my last post i did get it working. cccam 213 but there is a lot of frezzing. then i do a network check still no comfired on nameserverits gone of now .now when i try to ping db it comes up requested time out.so still no joy.

jimrare
11-07-2010, 08:01 AM
step 3 ping db that was successfull and changed password.????who changed password?????, as we said stick to the basics, don't do stuff that are not needed yet.

since my last post i did get it working. cccam 213 but there is a lot of frezzing. The freezing problem could have many sources. For sure if your network wasn't working, you wouldn't be getting freezes, you would be getting nothing at all, which means that there is a big chance the freezes are caused by something else, NOT from your network
then i do a network check still no comfired on nameserverits gone of now .now when i try to ping db it comes up requested time out.so still no joy.What do you mean you do a network check? We already did the network check on steps 2. and 3.

Out of curiosity, what kind of network check are you doing and how? Are you using any programs on your pc, from the dreambox menu?

ian
11-07-2010, 09:18 AM
why have you chosen such a strange ip fror your dreambox?
keep things simple.

your router ip is 192.168.1.1
so make your pc's ip 192.168.1.2
and your dreambox ip 192.168.1.3

now open up a cmd window on your pc
start/run/cmd and hit enter
type in
ping 192.168.0.3 and hit enter

make a note of your packet times and if there is any packet loss and report the times back here.

from these times we can tell if you have a problem on your network or with your dreambox connection,and we can then explore making sure the dreambox is set at 100mg full duplex and not 10mg
Ian.

jimrare
11-07-2010, 10:13 AM
The problem here isn't if he has got a 100meg, 10 meg, full duplex or half duplex connection or even his strange ip. Cccam can work without freezes even with a 64kbps connection. These are topics that don't realy matter right now.

I think he needs to understand the basics first. Hopefully we can help him do so.

kennyboy
12-07-2010, 01:28 PM
????who changed password?????, as we said stick to the basics, don't do stuff that are not needed yet.

The freezing problem could have many sources. For sure if your network wasn't working, you wouldn't be getting freezes, you would be getting nothing at all, which means that there is a big chance the freezes are caused by something else, NOT from your networkWhat do you mean you do a network check? We already did the network check on steps 2. and 3.

Out of curiosity, what kind of network check are you doing and how? Are you using any programs on your pc, from the dreambox menu?

network check on db remote lan connection.menu/setup/network there you can do a test.if i go to network reset i get link green light then cccam will work after about 2/3mins then go off. then thats it restart again
db ip 192.168.1.104
netmask 255 255 255
gateway/primarydns 192.168.1.1

pc ip i have 2 towers

1 is 192.168.1.103
2 is 192.168.1.100
and im useing linksys cable router thanks

jimrare
12-07-2010, 02:02 PM
The criteria for having a working network is not if cccam is working. Probably you have bad peers or your problem is hop related and thats why it seems to you that cccam has stopped working when it actually hasn't.

You ethernet card seems to be working as well because by restarting it all that happens is that it gets its ip settings reassigned, which means that if your adapter was faulty it wouldn't be working at all. A simple network restart can't fix a faulty ethernet card.

Next time you have a problem, don't do a network restart and you don't need to do network tests all the time. A simple ping will show you if your network is ok or not.

kennyboy
12-07-2010, 03:34 PM
right i have pinged db 192.168.1.104
result
pinging 192.168.1.104 with 32 bytes of data
reply from 192.168.1.104 bytes=32 time=3654ms ttl=64
reply from 192.168.1.104 bytes=32 time=1662ms ttl=64
request timed out
reply from 192.168.1.104 bytes=32 time=3270ms ttl=64

ping statistics for 192.168.1.104
packets sent = 4 received = 3 lost = 1 {25% loss}
approximate round trip times in milli-seconds
minimum=1662ms maximum=3654ms average=2862ms

jimrare
12-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Read below

jimrare
12-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Do this, login to your dreambox using telnet (go to windows start menu -> run -> type "telnet 192.168.1.104" -> hit the enter button)
and once you have typed your username and password run this command
ping 192.168.1.1 -c 10 post the results

kennyboy
12-07-2010, 11:29 PM
well since my last post i cannot ping db or telnet.tryed to reboot. just comes up
request timed out
request timed out
request timed out
request timed out

packets sent =4 received =0 lost =4 {100% loss}

oldfart
12-07-2010, 11:43 PM
Seems to me you either have a cable fault or a router fault.
To eliminate the Dreamboxes internal card, I would:-
Turn everything on as normal
directly connect the DM to your PC (you do NOT need a special cable)
test ping for a while ....

kennyboy
13-07-2010, 12:52 AM
Seems to me you either have a cable fault or a router fault.
To eliminate the Dreamboxes internal card, I would:-
Turn everything on as normal
test ping for a while ....

dont think it is cable/router problem.i have put db500s back on all the same settings
255 255 255 0
thats the 500s same password and same cccam cs file i can ping that and telnet it with this
ping 192.168.1.1 -c 10 thanks
and the same router

jimrare
13-07-2010, 08:24 AM
My friend, the feature you are talking about is called auto-MDIX, not all ethernet cards support it, and if it's enabled then it will indeed automaticaly detect the right cable. Check your ethernet adapter and see if it supports this feature.

For the rest users a CROSSOVER is needed simply because the "transmit" cable needs to connect to the "receive" cable on the other side. When you use a router this is done internally by the router. With direct pc to dreambox connection , without auto-MDIX there is NO way you can establish a working connection. Check the pictures below.

i have put db500s back on all the same settingsTry to avoid this so that you don't get a conflict. Give your 500s it its own ip 192.168.1.105

i can ping that and telnet it with this
ping 192.168.1.1 -c 10 thanks
and the same routerCan you post the ping results? For a cabled connection you should be getting response times <1ms.

ian
13-07-2010, 09:36 AM
i still think its down to the NIC settings within his box.
either his MTU is wrong or he has the box set at 10mg half duplex.

this setting should always be set to automatic rather than 100mg full duplex,in case there is a slight problem in the network.
if its set at 100mg full duplex rather than automatic,if for some reason 100mg cannot be achieved then you will get nothing,or at best packet losses,but most probably no ping results at all.

if he can ping his other box ok then it has to be down to this particular box not working correctly.i do agree though that a working CCcam is not a messure of a working network.Ian.

kennyboy
13-07-2010, 11:12 PM
i still think its down to the NIC settings within his box.
either his MTU is wrong or he has the box set at 10mg half duplex.

this setting should always be set to automatic rather than 100mg full duplex,in case there is a slight problem in the network.
if its set at 100mg full duplex rather than automatic,if for some reason 100mg cannot be achieved then you will get nothing,or at best packet losses,but most probably no ping results at all.

if he can ping his other box ok then it has to be down to this particular box not working correctly.i do agree though that a working CCcam is not a messure of a working network.Ian.

how can i find out what it is set at

kennyboy
13-07-2010, 11:15 PM
just done telnet timed out 100% loss db500hd.

kennyboy
14-07-2010, 12:53 AM
ive just managed to telnet the db500hd
with this code ping 192.168.1.1 -c 10
this is result
ping 192.168.1.1= 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1= seq0 ttl=150 time=3298.845 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1= seq1 ttl=150 time=2298.789 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1= seq2 ttl=150 time=1297.843 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1= seq3 ttl=150 time=296.882 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1= seq4 ttl=150 time=4773.387 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1= seq5 ttl=150 time=3772.529 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1= seq6 ttl=150 time=2771.603 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1= seq7 ttl=150 time=1770.666 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1= seq8 ttl=150 time=769.743 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1= seq9 ttl=150 time=6537.003 ms

statistics
10 packets transmitted 10 packets recieved 0% loss
round trip min/avg/max=296.882/2758.728/6537.003 ms

i have done it afew times and its alway different.plus i have done a ping
result
ping 192.168.1.104 with 32 bytes of data
reply= byets=32 time=1722ms ttl=64
request timed out
reply= byets=32 time=<1ms ttl=64
reply= byets=32 time=3128ms ttl=64
stats
packets sent=4 recieved=3 lost=1 <25%loss>
round trip
minimum =0ms maximum =3128 average =1616ms

hope this helps thanks

oldfart
14-07-2010, 04:12 PM
@Jimrare - I didn't want to confuse the op by having a discussion about network cables, but just to confirm. I just tested my DM500HD with a normal cable plugged in to the laptop - it works just fine. I understand hat you are saying, but it works!

kennyboy
Just TRY what I suggested - power up PC and DM (so they both should have network addresses) then plug the DM straight into the PC and run the ping again.

jimrare
14-07-2010, 04:49 PM
I understand hat you are saying, but it works!
It works because you've got a good ethernet adapter that supports auto-MDIX. Not all ethernet adapters support this feature. Mine doesn't so i definitely need a crossover.

ive just managed to telnet the db500hd
with this code ping 192.168.1.1 -c 10
this is result
ping 192.168.1.1= 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1= seq0 ttl=150 time=3298.845 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1= seq1 ttl=150 time=2298.789 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1= seq2 ttl=150 time=1297.843 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1= seq3 ttl=150 time=296.882 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1= seq4 ttl=150 time=4773.387 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1= seq5 ttl=150 time=3772.529 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1= seq6 ttl=150 time=2771.603 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1= seq7 ttl=150 time=1770.666 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1= seq8 ttl=150 time=769.743 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1= seq9 ttl=150 time=6537.003 ms

statistics
round trip min/avg/max=296.882/2758.728/6537.003 ms
This shows that your dreambox is correctly connected to the router, however the ping times show that you've got some kind of problem.

i have done it afew times and its alway different.plus i have done a ping
result
ping 192.168.1.104 with 32 bytes of data
reply= byets=32 time=1722ms ttl=64
request timed out
reply= byets=32 time=<1ms ttl=64
reply= byets=32 time=3128ms ttl=64
stats
packets sent=4 recieved=3 lost=1 <25%loss>
round trip
minimum =0ms maximum =3128 average =1616ms

hope this helps thanksThe response times show that there is some problem between your pc and your router.

dm500hd-router = something wrong
pc-router = something wrong
The common component is your router so probably your router is faulty. I would suggest you do a reset or even better try a different router.

ian
14-07-2010, 05:05 PM
jim,

you are forgetting that everything is ok with his other box so it cannot be a router problem if the router works with that box.

as i said before,try telneting into the box to checkout the NIC settings.it cant do any harm.
i cannot instruct how to do this with the 500HD as i dont have one.i can only say how to do it with the 7020,but im sure its very much the same.
the thing im unsure about is how to tell him to boot the box into the advanced menu.
with the 7020 you do it by booting up and holding in the down button.

he needs to ask a 500 owner how to boot the box as if he were going to flash it via explorer.this is the advanced menu.when in this menu you just telnet into the box and check the network settings.
either that or use hyperterminal.Ian.

oldfart
14-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Switch the 500 on whilst holding the front button down for 10 seconds.
Telnet into the DM and you get the bios screen.

Don't know if this one has been covered.. the ip address of the DM (if fixed) should be outside the dhcp pool (limit the routers ip address list for dhcp and allocate the dm outside that range)

jimrare
15-07-2010, 12:17 AM
@kennyboy
Try to ping your router from your pc and post your results

kennyboy
15-07-2010, 01:40 AM
i have done another telnet this is result
192.168.1.1=56 data bytes
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1= seq=0 ttl=150 time=0.754 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1= seq=1 ttl=150 time=0.770 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1= seq=2 ttl=150 time=1.224 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1= seq=3 ttl=150 time=0.811 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1= seq=4 ttl=150 time=0.724 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1= seq=5 ttl=150 time=0.694 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1= seq=6 ttl=150 time=0.802 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1= seq=7 ttl=150 time=0.747 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1= seq=8 ttl=150 time=0.715 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1= seq=9 ttl=150 time=0.745 ms

round-trip min/avg/max =0.694/0.798/1.224 ms

thats pinging 192.168.1.1 my router

kennyboy
15-07-2010, 01:49 AM
@kennyboy
Try to ping your router from your pc and post your results

this is from pc ping 192.168.1.1 result
reply from 192.168.1.1= bytes=32 time<1ms ttl=150

stats
packets sent=4 received=4 lost=0 <0%loss>
round trip min=0ms max=0ms avg=0ms

kennyboy
15-07-2010, 01:54 AM
now ive lost connection cannot pig or telnet

kennyboy
15-07-2010, 02:07 AM
jim,

you are forgetting that everything is ok with his other box so it cannot be a router problem if the router works with that box.

as i said before,try telneting into the box to checkout the NIC settings.it cant do any harm.
i cannot instruct how to do this with the 500HD as i dont have one.i can only say how to do it with the 7020,but im sure its very much the same.
the thing im unsure about is how to tell him to boot the box into the advanced menu.
with the 7020 you do it by booting up and holding in the down button.

he needs to ask a 500 owner how to boot the box as if he were going to flash it via explorer.this is the advanced menu.when in this menu you just telnet into the box and check the network settings.
either that or use hyperterminal.Ian.

what port do you use for hyperterminal or what commands i know how to use thanks to nthell:respect-055:

jimrare
15-07-2010, 04:38 PM
now ive lost connection cannot pig or telnetDo you mean that you cannot ping your router from your pc or that you cannot ping your dreambox from your pc or both?

If you cannot ping your router from your pc then its definitely a router problem.

kennyboy
16-07-2010, 01:31 AM
no dreambox i cannot ping that. router is ok its just db
just keeps timing out only been able to ping db once look at afew post back cannot even telnet db

kennyboy
21-07-2010, 02:45 PM
right finally got the 500hd running like a dream :respect-067: i would like to say thank you every1 for there input and sorry for getting on peploes nervers. this is what i done reflashed with the enimag2 the new image and rewrote my share file took away the filter settings and set it up for my sly card now evey1 is happy. but sorry my next post will be hdd and how to use it got to get ready for work so new thread later.

oldfart
21-07-2010, 03:01 PM
see this thread re. HDD on DM
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=135405
just plug it in, fire the HDD up, then fire up the DM and go to the main menu there will be a new HDD entry - just follow your nose ...Menu|Setup|System|Harddisk