PDA

View Full Version : Latest Firmwares - Stable? or not

mgluby
18-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Hi All,

Just thought I would open ther floor to ask if anyone has tried the latest couple of firmwares and post their opinions on stability issues and bugs or glitches. Just thought I would keep the icecrypt conversations going and I'm sure any issues would help the developers for future updates.

chris217
18-06-2010, 04:37 PM
It is giving me no problems. Much more reliable than PL/I on Dreambox. ;-)

Tarzan
18-06-2010, 04:43 PM
There are some bugs in the latest firmwares in the blindscan area and also some twin tuner issues...

The lastest firmware does not put the receiver in proper standby whereas the previous one did...

denton
18-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Since 1.08.09/10, all the firmwares lose my settings on stand-by, so I'm stuck with the old firmware. Other than that, I rarely have a problem including recording and timer settings (oh yeah, CCcam is glitchy on Sky, but what's new?).

denton

Steve_M
19-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Haven't been able to play any .mkv files yet. Enigma 2 from AAF plays them just fine so the box is capable, it's just the firmware.

ManikM
20-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Since 1.08.09/10, all the firmwares lose my settings on stand-by, so I'm stuck with the old firmware. Other than that, I rarely have a problem including recording and timer settings (oh yeah, CCcam is glitchy on Sky, but what's new?).

denton

Denton, what firmware do u use mate?

chris217
21-06-2010, 04:42 PM
It is giving me no problems. Much more reliable than PL/I on Dreambox. ;-)

Update: Playing an in-progress recording appears to terminate the recording prematurely. (I have tried this with both BBC HD and BBC Radio 3 and suffered problems both times.) With BBC HD, the receiver decided to switch to a completely unrelated channel on another satellite when it reached the premature end of the recording.

The receiver also goes to a seemingly random channel when it powers up. (Trying to save the planet, I have set it to power down when switched off.)

:frown:

denton
22-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Update: Playing an in-progress recording appears to terminate the recording prematurely. (I have tried this with both BBC HD and BBC Radio 3 and suffered problems both times.) With BBC HD, the receiver decided to switch to a completely unrelated channel on another satellite when it reached the premature end of the recording.

The receiver also goes to a seemingly random channel when it powers up. (Trying to save the planet, I have set it to power down when switched off.)

:frown:

Is it a USB HDD you use?

I recommend going back to 1.08.10

denton
22-06-2010, 06:18 PM
Denton, what firmware do u use mate?

I use 1.08.09 (Atevio firm on an Octagon box).

All the other newer firmwares can't hold my settings (whether Octagon, Icecrypt or Atevio) after exiting stand-by.
I use only one tuner.
I have no problem with reboots, timeshift, timer recordings or anything else (using an external USB HDD).

chris217
22-06-2010, 07:02 PM
Is it a USB HDD you use?

No. It is a built-in SATA drive. This is not a problem I noticed in earlier releases, with exactly the same hardware.

denton
23-06-2010, 09:19 AM

When the firmware loses my settings, I always boot to "Das Erste" (which I never watch!). As far as I know, it's supposed to boot to the last viewed channel. Are you losing other settings as well (reserved timer settings / language settings / time settings etc)?

Denton

ManikM
06-07-2010, 01:46 PM
I use 1.08.09 (Atevio firm on an Octagon box).

All the other newer firmwares can't hold my settings (whether Octagon, Icecrypt or Atevio) after exiting stand-by.
I use only one tuner.
I have no problem with reboots, timeshift, timer recordings or anything else (using an external USB HDD).

Denton, thank you, i reverted back to 1.08.09 and the box has been stable ever since. No more failed recordings.

I will be reluctant to upgrade any more. Unless the "new" features are worthwhile.

Thanks!

ian51
06-07-2010, 05:08 PM
I think we have to wait for Germany to win the world cup before any more serious work is done on this box:number-one-043:

ManikM
08-07-2010, 01:42 PM
they can carry on now then, no excuses.

:respect-applause-00

ian51
08-07-2010, 01:46 PM
:party:

mgluby
09-07-2010, 03:28 PM
They still have the runners up match opn saturday.