PDA

View Full Version : what am i doing wrong

cordinn
19-06-2010, 08:08 PM
i have a dm800 using nab blackhole with ccam2.1.2/newcs1.67.
i have tried using usals on for setting sats up and dish goes anywhere but where it should, so i manuelly installed all sat and stored eg astra 28=42, 19.2=1, 13deg=2 and so on. i did thorn 0.8 first then onto 30deg west and stored all.
all works fine then after a while cant get dish to move at all to other packages. why is this? so i have to start all over again its a nightmare. can anyone explain why and also what is gotto 0 and difference between predefined and manuel
please help as i lke the dm800 but for this problem

Genieuk
19-06-2010, 08:54 PM
Make sure you have an up to date satellites.xml. Also ensure you put in your correct longitude and latitude. I think they key is the long and lat settings.

I have done this and it works ok on Nab 012.

joany
19-06-2010, 09:36 PM
You need to get yourself a Spiderbox 9000. that will solve ALL of your problems.

cordinn
19-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Make sure you have an up to date satellites.xml. Also ensure you put in your correct longitude and latitude. I think they key is the long and lat settings.

I have done this and it works ok on Nab 012.

even put longitude and latitude in if not using usals, where will i get an uptodate saelites.xml file

crabber
19-06-2010, 11:23 PM
this site: hxxp://satellites-xml.eu/ is brilliant for up to date .xml file, you can download one with just as many or few satellites as you need.
Go to 0 usually resets the memory in your motor and drives to central position.
USALS is the dogs danglies once it is set correctly. I would drive the dish to 0 then select a FTA channel on (say) 1West. Then turn the motor and dish by hand on the (perfectly upright) pole until you get the strongest signal, do the nuts up and that's it.
Once this is done all other satellites will be correct as well.

Giga
20-06-2010, 08:03 AM
or your motor is diseqc 1.2 or 1.3 and is not usals compliant. If you find usals is not getting the results you want use diseqc, a bit more work, have to set and save each sat location manual. If you have to uses diseqc, this could help you on the way: 1.1 meter dish 8°W-45°E (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=134131) <= click here has FTA transponders for most sat locations in this region Lat. 51.2°N 0°-2E° Long. (London, Brussels)

cordinn
20-06-2010, 04:21 PM
this site: hxxp://satellites-xml.eu/ is brilliant for up to date .xml file, you can download one with just as many or few satellites as you need.
Go to 0 usually resets the memory in your motor and drives to central position.
USALS is the dogs danglies once it is set correctly. I would drive the dish to 0 then select a FTA channel on (say) 1West. Then turn the motor and dish by hand on the (perfectly upright) pole until you get the strongest signal, do the nuts up and that's it.
Once this is done all other satellites will be correct as well.

thanks alot crabber, i used the site you suggested and got an upto date xml file.
so far so good. seems to have stored all sats just hope i dont lose them.
this 800 is a good box, only downfalls i have is i wished it had the twin tunner