PDA

View Full Version : fortec passion hd receiver rebooting

mizo
21-06-2010, 06:01 AM
whenever I watch BBC HD the receiver reboots after 20 minutes or so bit of a pain with the world cup on (btw on ITV HD it's stable) I have the latest software installed was wondering if anyone else has this problem?

Magwitch
21-06-2010, 07:05 AM
It's a known problem, due to a BBC HD encoder change. Fortecstar have been working on this, and were supposed to have sorted it before last Friday's England match. No change there then. Meanwhile, rolling back to an earlier firmware usually clears the problem.

EXTRAFACTO
21-06-2010, 02:03 PM
i got fortechstar...as magwitch states...no problem on earlier firmware

snoggy
21-06-2010, 04:27 PM
I rolled back to earlier on my passion + problem still there maybe i'll try going back even futher :)

spitfire
06-07-2010, 10:07 AM
“We are pleased to announce the issue concerning BBC HD has now been resolved. For customers using software earlier than Dec 2009 it is not necessary to go through the upgrade process.
Please ensure you load the correct software for the correct model as we have revised the software for all HD models.

Again we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we are pleased that the software issue has now been resolved.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Ashley

Jonathan Ashley
General Manager
Fortec Star

http://www.fortecstar.com/

Motortown
02-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Hi Jonathan, I've got a Fortec Passion HD receiver. I'd like very much to be able to get the free to air German language HD channels coming from Astra 1. I'm getting sound but no picture from any of them. Is there a software upgrade I need?
I use a 55cm Force dish which has 3 LNB's attached, one of which is pointed at Astra 1. My system works perfectly except on German FTA HD channels.

“We are pleased to announce the issue concerning BBC HD has now been resolved. For customers using software earlier than Dec 2009 it is not necessary to go through the upgrade process.
Please ensure you load the correct software for the correct model as we have revised the software for all HD models.

Again we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we are pleased that the software issue has now been resolved.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Ashley

Jonathan Ashley
General Manager
Fortec Star

http://www.fortecstar.com/