PDA

View Full Version : Help getting going on an ICECRYYPT s4000

zippy7272
22-06-2010, 06:19 PM
1st post, please be gentle!

I have an ICECRYPT, I can change the firmware, easily enough
I can use KinkDink to get various cam's copied onto the box

I can edit the CCcam.cfg file ok, to add a c line......HOWEVER....I'm trying to use my own rather than buy a c line.

I guess somewhere at somepoint I need to be able to enter my boxkey....just can't see where to put it.

jacksback
23-06-2010, 06:26 AM
Why are you so sure you need to enter a Boxkey, which provider card do you have?

zippy7272
23-06-2010, 09:12 AM
Why are you so sure you need to enter a Boxkey, which provider card do you have?

S*y. I'm aiming to share my original card within my home. Planning on the ICE being the 'server' then some cheaper boxes being clients to it.

denton
23-06-2010, 09:21 AM
S*y. I'm aiming to share my original card within my home. Planning on the ICE being the 'server' then some cheaper boxes being clients to it.

This is a CCcam question and not Icecrypt.
Unfortunately, the Icecrypt cannot act as a server, only a client.

Denton

jacksback
23-06-2010, 10:01 AM
As denton pointed out the IceCrypt can only act as a client. Maybe buy yourself a Dreambox 500s to act as the server?

zippy7272
23-06-2010, 10:02 AM
Thanks denton.

Is there any good information on what different plugins do / don't do?
There seems to be a minefield of different 'CAMS' whatever they are! Are they all just different ways of trying to do the same thing, like different internet browsers, ie chrome, opera, IE. Some better at doing somethings some more buggy etc.....?

zippy7272
23-06-2010, 10:05 AM
As denton pointed out the IceCrypt can only act as a client. Maybe buy yourself a Dreambox 500s to act as the server?

Thanks I have one of these too.....just thought 'bigger box' meant it could do all that the 500S could do too.

So I'll setup the 500S as my server then go back to the icecrypt and see if I can make that a client. which would be the best CAM to use for this on the Ice? 'CCAM' or is there something better....am I missing something?

echelon
23-06-2010, 11:59 AM
I use a tm9100 as the server running newcamd in newcs to serve out the n line to my boxes , and so I use an N line on the icecrypt

denton
24-06-2010, 08:32 PM
I use a tm9100 as the server running newcamd in newcs to serve out the n line to my boxes , and so I use an N line on the icecrypt

I have a similar set-up except I use CCcam to serve (my client use cccam).
Can I connect to it using an n line in the Xcam config (client) file?
I'm asking because I still get glitches using cccam.

Thanks,
Denton

echelon
24-06-2010, 09:05 PM
n line requires newcamd , hence the letter N

newcs is sending , n client is receiving

denton
24-06-2010, 10:38 PM
n line requires newcamd , hence the letter N

newcs is sending , n client is receiving

Thanks for reply, and as I suspected :-)

D