PDA

View Full Version : Usals driving me nuts

zola25
22-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Hi all
Having a real wierd problem, my setup was working fine and yesterday started having problems.
The dish would drive past the sat, i checked the dish as the brackets are marked with paint and that had not moved.
I tried resetting the motor and that did not help then i started playing with the lat and long settings in the stb and had to change my longitude from 9.876 to 5.875 to get it to follow the arc.
Later i rebooted and it was out again had to change to a different longitude this happend several times i reset the motor after each try.
The dish works fine on all sats if i do not use usals i am using a vu+ duo and a Moteck SG2100 .
Any ideas it is driving me nuts i also reloaded the firmware on the reciever still nothing helps.

ManikM
22-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Hi all
Having a real wierd problem, my setup was working fine and yesterday started having problems.
The dish would drive past the sat, i checked the dish as the brackets are marked with paint and that had not moved.
I tried resetting the motor and that did not help then i started playing with the lat and long settings in the stb and had to change my longitude from 9.876 to 5.875 to get it to follow the arc.
Later i rebooted and it was out again had to change to a different longitude this happend several times i reset the motor after each try.
The dish works fine on all sats if i do not use usals i am using a vu+ duo and a Moteck SG2100 .
Any ideas it is driving me nuts i also reloaded the firmware on the reciever still nothing helps.

got the same motor, had a similar prob, turned out to be incorrect usals long and lat

see my thread on the matter:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=129302

sheild 10
22-06-2010, 08:48 PM
did you disconnect the receiver at any time before this problem happen or have the reciver be switch off while the motor was turning.

or it could be your motor is on the way out.
how long have you had the motor and have you changed the dish size.

these are two thing that my m8 have had happen to him dish to heavy for motor.

motor was playing up before stopping all together.

and one more thing receiver disconected and all packages went out of play had to start from the begining.

sorry one more thing someone knock the motor quiet hard and that gave him problems as well.

i hope you get it sorted out m8:respect-051:

malsat
22-06-2010, 10:58 PM
Zola
what channel list are you using?
I found the same problem and had to alter my usal settings to peak on all sats,was ok on previous sat list.

zola25
23-06-2010, 04:21 AM
I am using catseye settings at the moment but was using that before the problem started.
Thursday i am off work so will try everything from scratch again reload software reset motor etc,if none of that works will try and realign the dish but unless the whole pole moved in the brackets i think that is fine.
Got a horrid feeling motor is dying had problems with it a few months ago not moving had to keep hard resetting it