PDA

View Full Version : igo 8

steviejb
02-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Hi, I have just got a new Nav N Go igo 8 version 8.3.2.80621 and want to turn the speed camera warnings on (for obvious reasons), but when I checked using the usb cable the speedcam folder is empty, I have put a version of speedcam data in there but can't get warnings to come up - I do a reset before trying, does anyone know the correct files to use and how to install them "properly"
Thanks stevie:respect-053:

dxdy
02-07-2010, 12:31 PM
just copy speedcam.txt in \content\speedcam\ folder

when run iGO you see on loading screen Initializing warning data.... this sometimes is long (5-10 minutes) and is only first time...

steviejb
02-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Thanks dxdy, did that but nothing happened, does the speedcam.txt have to be unrared 1st? sorry to be an idiot but the instruction book that came with it explains everything on the device except how to use the gps side, its doesn't even mention that it does gps.
The nearest speed camera is about 5 miles away so I can't really test it unless I go for a run.
stevie

dxdy
02-07-2010, 03:45 PM
yes must be unrared.... i told you to put txt file not rar

steviejb
02-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Thanks again, done that and as you say it took a few minutes initialising warning data, so heres hoping, btw I had read on another forum that you use zipped data, should have asked here first ( of course )
stevie

dxdy
02-07-2010, 10:31 PM
only ziped data what used in iGO8 is data.zip, branding.zip, skins, language files, voice files and schemes files

steviejb
08-07-2010, 03:24 PM
Just went through Manchester and got the fright of my life, a loud beeping noise kept coming, I was in a hired car which was low on petrol and thought it was the car but turned out to be the sat nav speedcam warning which does work (thanks again dxdy)
I was actually expecting a soft ladies voice to say something like "Slow down stevie, there's one of those nasty speed cameras about half a mile ahead", instead I just got those dings - Oh well.

Samexit
08-07-2010, 05:38 PM
yip, you have to get used to that sound
or you turn off that option

when you slowdown under the speed it should stop