PDA

View Full Version : Tm-6800 lnb fault

nedisared
03-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Hi peeps,

Switched on my TM-6800 HD Super and it displays LNB Fault.
I have changed LNB, made no difference.
Thought maybe fault in cable, so tried a feed from a different dish, still no good.
Think it maybe a receiver fault, anyone have any ideas or know of a fix.

Cheers.

andy gg
03-07-2010, 02:14 PM
First try another STB if that does not work it is either the cable or LNB
Check to see if there is any green colour on the colaxual cable from the LNB if there is (water has getting the cable) cut the cable back about an inch or so: thats if there is enough cable to do so,
If you have a motor the cable is only about a meter long from LNB to motor check both ends an check if there is any water in cable from the motor to the STB.

Giga
03-07-2010, 03:00 PM
or take it to a friends place and try the receiver there on their dish? If it works there you got an installation problem, cable, switch, F-connectors, ...

nedisared
03-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Definately receiver problem tried sky box and it works fine.

seti
03-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Make sure that the settings for the LNB in the setup menu are set to universal and the LNB power is ON.

Use multimeter to check for any output from box.

nedisared
04-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Make sure that the settings for the LNB in the setup menu are set to universal and the LNB power is ON.

Use multimeter to check for any output from box.

Can't get to any menu m8, press the menu button and box freezes not able to input.

Won't switch off and have to turn off by rear switch.
Tried the hold menu button on reboot and reset to factory settings, still no good.

No voltage output for LNB.

Giga
04-07-2010, 01:43 PM
disconnect all cables: except power cable

nedisared
04-07-2010, 04:58 PM
disconnect all cables: except power cable

Tried all this m8, i think box is knackered.

berliner
04-07-2010, 05:49 PM
I get the same problem occasionaly, looped through from Icecrypt, when i switch off the Icecrypt and restart, the TM will work normally, till the next time.

andy gg
07-07-2010, 10:35 AM
Have you tried putting the original TM firmware in via null modem cable? Otherwise it looks like a shop repair.

nedisared
07-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Have you tried putting the original TM firmware in via null modem cable? Otherwise it looks like a shop repair.

Thanks for the idea m8,tried it flashed Ok but still broke.
Technomate are no help either, no reply from them!