PDA

View Full Version : DM800 User, Why Should I Buy A Vu Dou?

GAH
04-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Hi Guys,

I have a genuine DM800 (internal 250Gb HDD which I don't use) running Dream Elite 1.3.3. I also have a Smargo attached, I have an 8Gb USB stick for my picons, and I run CCcam 2.1.4. I've had the receiver for over year now, and I love it. I've never had a moment's trouble with it, and the HD pictures on my LG 50in plasma look amazing.

However, it might be time for a change, and the Vu Duo seems to creating quite a buzz. What benefits (if any) would I get from changing? I would probably still use the Dream Elite image, how does it run on the Vu Duo? I know the box has twin tuners, what are the benefits of this setup?

Any info greatly appreciated.

Regards,
GAH

jimrare
04-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Why do you want to leave from a box and go to another that was built in order to work the same as the first one? You wont get anything extra.

Keano
04-07-2010, 12:06 PM
m8 I have both the db800 ( bedroom ) and the VU+Duo ( Living room ) and run open pli images on both.
My VU+Duo is one of the first ones from the first batch, since this I led to believe they have changed slightly.

To me I can't see no difference, I use BrusehdAli skin on both receivers and have all my channels setup the same on both boxes.

Of course the VU+duo had twin tuners so this means you can record one while watching another, unlike the db800.

Spec wise the VU+Duo is suppose to have a better cpu and is suppose to be faster than the db800.

So unless you have a spare £400 lying around and you want two tuners then I would say no need to swap.

Forgot to say I also the cuberevo ( my play room ) running E2 and I prefer this over the db800 and the VU+Duo, picture quality better and DTS support.

GAH
04-07-2010, 05:17 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments!

GAH

ford
05-07-2010, 09:06 AM
m8 I have both the db800 ( bedroom ) and the VU+Duo ( Living room ) and run open pli images on both.
My VU+Duo is one of the first ones from the first batch, since this I led to believe they have changed slightly.

To me I can't see no difference, I use BrusehdAli skin on both receivers and have all my channels setup the same on both boxes.

Of course the VU+duo had twin tuners so this means you can record one while watching another, unlike the db800.

Spec wise the VU+Duo is suppose to have a better cpu and is suppose to be faster than the db800.

So unless you have a spare £400 lying around and you want two tuners then I would say no need to swap.

Forgot to say I also the cuberevo ( my play room ) running E2 and I prefer this over the db800 and the VU+Duo, picture quality better and DTS support.

I have a Cube Revo too mate, and is important to mention that due to the chipset, the only way to use Cccam is via Ozcam.
I have heard that this may cause issues when connecting to a Cccam server..

ford
05-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments!

GAH

Hi mate.

Read my comment also, and that about has everything covered for you.
We'll chat later, as we know each other :):coolgleamA:

ford
05-07-2010, 09:11 AM
Hi Guys,

I have a genuine DM800 (internal 250Gb HDD which I don't use) running Dream Elite 1.3.3. I also have a Smargo attached, I have an 8Gb USB stick for my picons, and I run CCcam 2.1.4. I've had the receiver for over year now, and I love it. I've never had a moment's trouble with it, and the HD pictures on my LG 50in plasma look amazing.

However, it might be time for a change, and the Vu Duo seems to creating quite a buzz. What benefits (if any) would I get from changing? I would probably still use the Dream Elite image, how does it run on the Vu Duo? I know the box has twin tuners, what are the benefits of this setup?

Any info greatly appreciated.

Regards,
GAH

Don't forget the USB will also back up your 7 day EPG.dat
You prob already know that:respect-055: