PDA

View Full Version : rf out

mister-t
05-07-2010, 01:26 PM
ok heres my set up
spiderbox in spare room upstairs conneted to lg hd tv via hdmi lead
aerial lead from rf out of spider to downstairs living room,no matter what frequency i try can not get a decent picture
i know cable run is good because if i replace spider with my tm6800hd super
then picture is good.has anyone tried rf out or using it on spider any help as always much appreciated
mister-t

veron57
05-07-2010, 02:21 PM
The spiderbox spec for the RF modulator says:

- TV Standard PAL G/I/K Selectable by Menu Setting

Have you tried each type? (PAL-I should be the one)

Homer
05-07-2010, 02:22 PM
I've just tried it with a short UHF aerial lead from an HD-9000 into a pc tv tuner, and it worked OK there. Have you tried a tv close to the Spiderbox with a short UHF lead ? How about a piece of test cable out of the window between upstairs and downstairs to make 100% sure that the cable run is OK ?

mister-t
05-07-2010, 02:28 PM
I've just tried it with a short UHF aerial lead from an HD-9000 into a pc tv tuner, and it worked OK there. Have you tried a tv close to the Spiderbox with a short UHF lead ? How about a piece of test cable out of the window between upstairs and downstairs to make 100% sure that the cable run is OK ?

i have tried short lead from spider to lg tv same problem,cable run is good as tm6800 works fine on that cable run

mister-t
05-07-2010, 02:28 PM
The spiderbox spec for the RF modulator says:

- TV Standard PAL G/I/K Selectable by Menu Setting

Have you tried each type? (PAL-I should be the one)

yes tried all settings no joy

RABBY
05-07-2010, 07:53 PM
mister-t

You Need A [Wireless Video /Audio SENDER ] M8 ??? Very Cheap:cool:

mister-t
05-07-2010, 09:58 PM
mister-t

You Need A [Wireless Video /Audio SENDER ] M8 ??? Very Cheap:cool:

was looking at some online,do you have one if so which one you reccomend

RABBY
06-07-2010, 08:46 PM
mister-t

Got 2 0r 3 going about m8[ Got them from ALDI ] Cheap £20[Tevion ] Work Super ??On Scart ??? But there is New Versions out there ? Think they they work on [ HDMI ] That is what you should be looking for ? For the Full [ HD ] Seen them for about [£30 ] Going to upgrade myself shortly ? I am Looking The Now [ I Will keep you posted ];)

echelon
06-07-2010, 09:20 PM
the 9000 has a built in rf output via a modulator , so I fail to see why anyone would need a video sender or a scart to rf modulator adapter like they use on a console

the whole point of the built in modulator is so that you can send rf to an analogue tv tuner

mister-t
06-07-2010, 10:44 PM
the 9000 has a built in rf output via a modulator , so I fail to see why anyone would need a video sender or a scart to rf modulator adapter like they use on a console

the whole point of the built in modulator is so that you can send rf to an analogue tv tuner

thats the problem echelon,no matter what i try cant get decent picture on tv downstairs or tv upstairs which is about 3ft from spider box via the rf
but if i replace spider box with the tm6800 super then no problems at all,picture is fab,so cant be wireing,maybe faulty rf out?. so to recap
spider box to upstairs tv via hdmi no problems,rf out to tv downstairs losey picture so i think video sender best option
mister-t

echelon
06-07-2010, 11:00 PM
well it deffo should work same as the techno , but one of the cheapest alternatives is to use an old vcr , scart or triple phonos from the spider to the vcr , place it on the correct av channel and use its rf output to go into your rf system to the analogue tuner tv,s

you can also get game console adapters on e bay precisely to change phono or scart to an rf output between 21 and 69

update edit

I have just tested my spider 9000 rf output on ch40 B-G and it worked just fine using a very , very long pair of rf leads used in series

so it definitely SHOULD work !

mister-t
06-07-2010, 11:36 PM
well it deffo should work same as the techno , but one of the cheapest alternatives is to use an old vcr , scart or triple phonos from the spider to the vcr , place it on the correct av channel and use its rf output to go into your rf system to the analogue tuner tv,s

you can also get game console adapters on e bay precisely to change phono or scart to an rf output between 21 and 69

update edit

I have just tested my spider 9000 rf output on ch40 B-G and it worked just fine using a very , very long pair of rf leads used in series

so it definitely SHOULD work !

"I have just tested my spider 9000 rf output on ch40 B-G and it worked just fine using a very , very long pair of rf leads used in series"

echelon you may have solved my problem,my rf output setting is pal-1
i will try your settings in the morning and let you know how i get on
thanks as always for your help
mister-t

mister-t
07-07-2010, 07:32 AM
still no joy and if i set it to pal-bg then picture still bad and no sound just a loud hissing noise,anyway thanks for the advice
mister-t

update fed it through video and working fine so looks like rf out is faulty,aint a problem as it is now working through vcr fine
mister-t

veron57
07-07-2010, 11:13 AM
How is your TV configured? To what country, standard - PAL, SECAM, NTSC etc?
Some TVs automatically adjust the TV to typical settings for the configured country.

The standard you use on the RF Modulator should correspond to the Analogue tuning configuration on the TV.

Can you describe the poor picture or maybe take a picture of it. Then it will help pinpoint the problem.

mister-t
07-07-2010, 11:55 AM
How is your TV configured? To what country, standard - PAL, SECAM, NTSC etc?
Some TVs automatically adjust the TV to typical settings for the configured country.

The standard you use on the RF Modulator should correspond to the Analogue tuning configuration on the TV.

Can you describe the poor picture or maybe take a picture of it. Then it will help pinpoint the problem.

the tv is pal,and like i said in earlier post it works good now through vcr
so not going to mess around anymore trying different things
as for picture was like bright flashing stripes,tried different tv's different leads
and connections,and no success,so tried as echelon suggested and all is fine
mister-t

RABBY
07-07-2010, 09:44 PM
Looks like i have read this post wrong?? I am only Intrested in [ HD ] Channels Not [ SD ] Cannot watch [SD ] Anymore?????????????Sorry for Posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sifone:

ABA
07-07-2010, 10:30 PM
have you tryed changing the out frequencies on the box i read somewhere that it is set on channel 38 don't know where you are but west midlands ch 5 is set on channel 37 could be co channel interference
try the lead with out the aerial connected so its dish coax box RF lead to TV nothing else
then go through the different out put frequencies in the uk we use pal I

mister-t
08-07-2010, 05:04 AM
have you tryed changing the out frequencies on the box i read somewhere that it is set on channel 38 don't know where you are but west midlands ch 5 is set on channel 37 could be co channel interference
try the lead with out the aerial connected so its dish coax box RF lead to TV nothing else
then go through the different out put frequencies in the uk we use pal I

i have tried every frequency,as i said before my tm6800 works perfect
and all settings on spider box where set exactley the same as tm6800.
so that means cableing is good and frequency is correct.so doing as echelon
said (but one of the cheapest alternatives is to use an old vcr , scart or triple phonos from the spider to the vcr , place it on the correct av channel and use its rf output to go into your rf system to the analogue tuner tv,s)
picturs is perfect,and yes i have tried without aerial connected to discount intefernce and still the same
mister-t

we are borg
16-07-2011, 10:20 AM
the 9000 has a built in rf output via a modulator ,

Can you tell me exactly where I can find the rf modulaotor as I now have a 9000hd combo and cannot find the modulator to alter it.

I also have another problem as I cannot get any signals and i think it may be because my daugher started pressing buttons when I was getting a coffee and altered the modulation in tp edit to DVB-S QPSK. is this right and iof not wt should it be fo standard uk set up.

thanks

we are borg

echelon
16-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Can you tell me exactly where I can find the rf modulaotor as I now have a 9000hd combo and cannot find the modulator to alter it.

I also have another problem as I cannot get any signals and i think it may be because my daugher started pressing buttons when I was getting a coffee and altered the modulation in tp edit to DVB-S QPSK. is this right and iof not wt should it be fo standard uk set up.

thanks

we are borg

afaik the combo does not have the rf modulator , the quote above referred to the 9000HD , not the 90000 HD combo , and the 7000HD hasnt got one either

as for channels , there are 1 SD and 2 HD sets to choose from , although you are probably better to load a channel list in rather than start from scratch

dvb-s QPSK is standard def , the other 2 are S2 high def and are dvb-s2 qpsk and dvb-s2 8psk

we are borg
16-07-2011, 10:36 AM
@Echelon

Thanks for the reply i knew you would come up with the goods.

I didnt realise the combo did not have a rf output I thought it would have been standard as it is on the 9000hd standard box. Bit of a bugger as I now have to find how to get my satellite around the rset of the house now and raelly makes my hardwired set up defunct.

Will teach me to check everything in future.

Thanks for the details on the modilation in tp edit I have got it right but struggling to hit satellites even manually moving dish and after loading billybots channel list and the latest patch . Dish was fine wirth old hummy using Diseqc 1.2 .

Will have to play with it

we are borg

echelon
16-07-2011, 10:45 AM
with diseqc you have to play around and find them all again and store them , some details are in the notes with the billybits list

I have uploaded his list and xlr8r`s list , which are generally based on usals but can be used as diseqc , providing you seek out and store each one yourself , clearly if the old box works then this one should once you have found and stored the sats , or switch to usals

as for the rf output , as mentioned earlier in this thread either use an old vcr for rf distribution , or buy and use a stand alone rf modulator connected from the phono or scart outputs on the back of your combo

I dont think your combo was actually on sale when I made that comment last year regarding the 9000 , so am clarifying it now as meaning the 9000HD , and only that model , the 7000HD and the 9000HD combo do not have internal modulators to give rf outputs , so you will have to add your own , and an old vcr will do that trick dead easy

we are borg
16-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Thanks Echelon

Its not the end of the world the rf oput but really wanted the non combo box but our sponsors did not have one. Whilst I am doing this I suppose I am not getting under the wifes feet and I do like to play LOL.

we are borg