PDA

View Full Version : Over my head

denbo007
07-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Hi all
I have just acquired a Manhattan 6800 motorised receiver a DUOLABS DUO LABS Dynamite Infinity Programmer, a Yellow zeta cam, don’t ask me what for.
Can anyone help with what I can do with them please, in simple terms?:bowing-036:
I am Aiming dish at Astra 28o picking up channel 5 and odd BBC’s. before i hook up to a motor dish, can I get anymore channels or have I bought a pig in a poke many thanks. a crack pot :willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

echelon
07-07-2010, 01:11 PM
if its pointed at 28 east where bbc1 is , all you will get is the freesat channels ( google their website ) , and you wont need a cam or card or programmer for it either

so basically all you will get is all the free to air channels available for your receiver , and lyngsat or king of sat can give you technical details on these channels

denbo007
07-07-2010, 01:25 PM
hi echelon I know its on freesat but why is it only picking up 5 & bbc have sky scrambled all the other free ones, and anyone got info about programer & cam what ever cams are
thx

Bod
07-07-2010, 01:40 PM
look here for the channels you should get

http://www.freesat.co.uk/index.php?page=whatson.Main

Sky don't have control over Freesat , (apart from the EPG on Sky digiboxes) , so no, they haven't scrambled the free ones ,
your dish may not be aligned properley , or maybe with your box you'll have to input the individual frequencies and other settings for the channels you arn't getting , settings available here

http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html

HTH

Bod

satwyn
07-07-2010, 01:45 PM
probably your transponder database is out of date new channels can be scanned lyngsat will have all the details you need

echelon
07-07-2010, 01:54 PM
and as the above answers clearly show , my reply said to check 3 websites for the correct info

free channels are free , and you will see a full list on those sites you were asked to check

sky scramble the scrambled ones , might seem obvious but its true

but they also carry free channels in their epg as well , ike bbc , bbc2 , itv , ch4 etc

ps:- you also posted this in the satnav beginners section , so I moved it to the manhatten section for you

denbo007
07-07-2010, 02:21 PM
thx everyone for your quick response, this allown will keep me up at night LOL, How thick can i get
many thanks

denbo007
07-07-2010, 02:51 PM
hi again
Sorry to be a pain, i have scanned astra 28o and its found loads of FTA channels, but I can still only view ch 5 and bbc others not viewable, as mentioned by satwyn, to update my database but how? I've been on Lyngsat but can't find anything to download i have the manhattan 6800 & manual but i need more SIMPLE GUIDE for Idiots.
Hope someone can help

echelon
07-07-2010, 03:03 PM
not sure what channels you are trying to view here , but if they have some kind of a scrambled sign like a dollar like this $ then you cannot view them , its that simple

so you are wasting your time and ours if you think you will open sky one , sky sports , sky movies , discovery , animal planet , nat geo , mtv etc

you can check the details on those sites for 28 east and add the transponders yourself using your remote control ( not download them ) , and manually scan them too
( check your instruction manual for specific details for your receiver )

so check channels that are free like bbc1 , bbc2 , itv , ch4 , ch 5 freesat channel , the vault , sky news , pop , popgirl , tinypop , itv 2 , itv 3 and itv4 , citv , cbeebies , cbbc , film 4 , cbs action , cbs reality , zone horror , travel channel , chart show , scuzz , kix etc

so your first task is to ensure you can receive and view every one of the 140 or so channels listed on the freesat website , and the link is in bods reply , or google it

denbo007
07-07-2010, 07:15 PM
hi so simple up and running on all sats now working on programer and card