PDA

View Full Version : Enigma 2 by The_ripper - TEST -

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15

T0rca1950
26-11-2010, 12:43 AM
i have a problem watching football or ice hokey (or many movement).
It behaves like an old PC running 1080p movies. It kind of stutters if u know what i mean.

You have premium I guess. I don't have any problems like that, to be honest, this is the best image so far regarding picture quality and stability (at least on my Elite model).

One more bug report (don't know if someone reporeted it already), when in standby for a longer time (few hours) reciver doesn't want to wake up, only restart helps then. And one more thing, clock goes slower than it should when in standby.

the illuminati
26-11-2010, 06:29 AM
[QUOTE=T0rca1950;770110]You have premium I guess. I don't have any problems like that, to be honest, this is the best image so far regarding picture quality and stability (at least on my Elite model).

is the best image so far regarding picture quality so far of what ??/
i read a lot of posts that the picture is superb . don't know how they measure
the picture quality bu to tell you i am not a coder just a humble painter and surly know about picture quality

the best picture for azbox was firmware 3877 and all the images after that
had a poorer quality some worse than others but as i said I'm not a coder so
maybe a hardware problem the more you make options in the firmware
the more the picture gets bad.
in my dm 800 some images have a better pictures than others
but to go back to my prem azbox .the e2 last firmware has the worst picture quality.

richy18
26-11-2010, 07:16 AM
in my dm 800 some images have a better pictures than others
but to go back to my prem azbox .the e2 last firmware has the worst picture quality.

I cannot confirm that. On HD-Channels the picture quality is IMHO comparable with my dreambox 800 HD. I've set up my Azbox Premium+ to 1080p60. My Dreambox is set to 1080i60. Because of interlacing Dreambox picture is a little bit flickering at small structures - Azbox picture doesn't!

But I think comparing the picture quality is hard because the impression is subjective.

eppie
26-11-2010, 08:12 AM
I cannot confirm that. On HD-Channels the picture quality is IMHO comparable with my dreambox 800 HD. I've set up my Azbox Premium+ to 1080p60. My Dreambox is set to 1080i60. Because of interlacing Dreambox picture is a little bit flickering at small structures - Azbox picture doesn't!

But I think comparing the picture quality is hard because the impression is subjective.

I comparing between dm8000 and p+ on same tv ,same program and for me the az_box wins in picture quality ,also with org 5020 firmware :respect-057:
The latest e2 is working ok for me also on 23.5hd canaldigital i have no problems.
I can use the box now for daily use :respect-046: :respect-046: :bravo-009:

GOG
26-11-2010, 08:28 AM

Most LCD/Plasma TV's in the mid to high price range have an upscaler/deintelacer far better than the one in the AzBox. The optimal would be to run the autoresolution plugin for E2.

Haven't checked if it works, but I doubt it.

albaki77
26-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Maybe its just me but I dont give a **** what level of involvement Opensat have in this project, as I said before they have been remiss in their responcibilitys but what MOST people want in this thread is a decent firmware for this box! The Ripper & co are getting there bit by bit! There is some way to go but with a bit more time it is gonna be way better than official firmware! I would suggest people who are not likeminded should go irritate another forum!!

Dont forget that Opensat helping The ripper & his team is a good thing because they have access to Sigma for drivers and microcode etc.It would be a good idea if they sent the ripper sources from official firmware so he could take the best bits out and use them for E2(just an idea)

the more the better :respect-051:

MickeySa
26-11-2010, 11:12 AM
@kebien and tx0

I really see a lot of sarcasm from both of You guys...

I am sorry why i will dissapoint the tx0, but we have all what we need. All drivers as You can see are finished, just the pending part is fixing the bugs in them :).

Also, to make You more angry, we fixed also Interlacing last night.... wifi for Premium/Premium+, Multimedia fix.....

Recording and subtitle support is on the way....

And to open you a what ? hehehe

Yes, enigma 2 is open, visit opendreambox.org , download Makefile-Opendreambox-1.6 and enjoy :) . Drivers You can find in every release of RTi Core Image :).

And for sure You would not be a one who would develope for AzBox, as that are not Your intentions, Your goal is to disturb and giving a rumors.

You are trying to put pressure on us, or to tell people that this project will fail, very mean from You ;) , but dont worry, we are here, and those users dont need Your opinnion.

I think that we should ask moderation of this forum to limit You access to this section, because You are constantly trying to provoke us without any reason :)

So now enjoy, and would be happy to see after new release(s) how the people will spit on You :)

richy18
26-11-2010, 11:25 AM
@kebien and tx0
I am sorry why i will dissapoint the tx0, but we have all what we need. All drivers as You can see are finished, just the pending part is fixing the bugs in them :).

@MickeySA

Don't worry. Most users (me too) really enjoy your work!!! IMHO it's absolute great and I'm really thankful for it!! So, keep up your good work!!! We love it :respect-023:

Btw. you said "all drivers are finished". Can you please publish the DVB-C driver (binary). I know, it's not ready and you focused your energy on cleaning DVB-S driver but you can give people with Twin-tuner (or DVB-C tuner only) a chance to test it and to report bugs.

For me this would be a pleasure and a honor!

Best regards
Richy

tx0
26-11-2010, 11:36 AM
@MickeySa c'mon mate Im happy you have success. I can say that I'm not from China or some other opensat rivals and Its true. Im just another azbox user that wants to get the things more faster. I like people that keep their word and do what they are promised. Someone promised us a cvs server. Opensat never keep their word. Ditto opensat s**t.
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_87UCIJEjSgY/TO-S4Y7WRgI/AAAAAAAAGbs/eV-lZqkBrL8/Untitled-2.jpg

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_87UCIJEjSgY/TO-ROOff9nI/AAAAAAAAGbY/kpeKmDNuYK8/s512/Untitled-1.jpg

rtificial
26-11-2010, 11:36 AM
@kebien and tx0

Also, to make You more angry, we fixed also Interlacing last night.... wifi for Premium/Premium+, Multimedia fix.....

Yes, enigma 2 is open, visit opendreambox.org , download Makefile-Opendreambox-1.6 and enjoy :) . Drivers You can find in every release of RTi Core Image :).

And for sure You would not be a one who would develope for AzBox, as that are not Your intentions, Your goal is to disturb and giving a rumors.

You are trying to put pressure on us, or to tell people that this project will fail, very mean from You ;) , but dont worry, we are here, and those users dont need Your opinnion.

I think that we should ask moderation of this forum to limit You access to this section, because You are constantly trying to provoke us without any reason :)

So now enjoy, and would be happy to see after new release(s) how the people will spit on You :)

Thanks, I think this is a very well phrased response, supported by facts.

sofrenic
26-11-2010, 11:38 AM

:)

paulobr
26-11-2010, 12:41 PM
@kebien and tx0

@ MickeySa
Please can the team make public the release with the media player work i need that so much could be today please.
Thanks for the hard work that you have done

MickeySa
26-11-2010, 12:47 PM
@MickeySa c'mon mate Im happy you have success. I can say that I'm not from China or some other opensat rivals and Its true. Im just another azbox user that wants to get the things more faster. I like people that keep their word and do what they are promised. Someone promised us a cvs server. Opensat never keep their word. Ditto opensat s**t.
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_87UCIJEjSgY/TO-S4Y7WRgI/AAAAAAAAGbs/eV-lZqkBrL8/Untitled-2.jpg

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_87UCIJEjSgY/TO-ROOff9nI/AAAAAAAAGbY/kpeKmDNuYK8/s512/Untitled-1.jpg

For Your information !!!

Admin of website removed that to put link for Bug tracker !!!

Also for Your information :

http://svn.azbox-enigma.eu/engima2

You was not able to search little bit arround to get this infos.... come one... you are here with just one purpose....

T33
26-11-2010, 12:56 PM
IMO Ripper and his team are stuck. With all my respect that was a summer breakthrough - running e2 on azbox and now its over. Now we have almost no improvement. Where is that promised CVS/SVN server? soon? Sorry guys but Enough of this. Guess the next version will be 'Fan ON/OFF fix'.

A troll, beware!

@telesat
26-11-2010, 01:10 PM
If all this azbox-e2 stuff is just enthusiastic fun why don't you open the code for other people to get involved?

What is closed and you need to open ?
ALL about E2 is open and public , only ... you must use google ;)
OK, if you think that using google is closed project , pls tell to as , what you need to open ?
Of course , only driver is with licence, but this is pointlessly in this story.
Pls read all post about E2 for AZBox and you will found all what you need, and pls , before post anything next - read old post about E2

rgs,

tx0
26-11-2010, 01:14 PM
For Your information !!!

Admin of website removed that to put link for Bug tracker !!!

Also for Your information :

http://svn.azbox-enigma.eu/engima2

You was not able to search little bit arround to get this infos.... come one... you are here with just one purpose....

great. how do I enter this site? It says '
Error - Invalid username or password'
and there is no registration panel

Robertus78
26-11-2010, 01:14 PM
Please Tx0, the majority here doesn't need your wellthought postings. Please go to your room and don't come for a few months. MickeySA said enough to show you really don't know what you are talking about. Save yourself (and your friends) more humiliations.

Ripper and co; keep up the good work!

leerock
26-11-2010, 01:32 PM
great. how do I enter this site? It says '
Error - Invalid username or password'
and there is no registration panel

Jeez
don t you ever stop man?

tx0
26-11-2010, 01:34 PM
What is closed and you need to open ?
ALL about E2 is open and public , only ... you must use google ;)
OK, if you think that using google is closed project , pls tell to as , what you need to open ?

rgs,

It would be great if I or some other guys that want to be involved can compile latest working fw image themselves. So all what have been done till now - I mean patches for open sourced e2, kernel drivers, and even some other sources like card reader microcode should be published.
The best fw images are always came from independent sources.

richy18
26-11-2010, 01:35 PM
IMHO we should stop talking about single opinions (like tx0s). He has the right to publish (freedom of opinion) but this endless discussion about it is simply counterproductive.

I think most of Azbox Users are very happy about rippers and co work and it's not our job to defend this work or to protect rippers honor!

Our job is simply testing and finding bugs for bugtracker. So let us concentrate on the essentials instead of loosing energy in writing endless reviews about a single (in some eyes destructive) opinion.

I have published detailed bugreports and I used bugtracker too. What about YOU???

Best regards
Richy

AAOM
26-11-2010, 02:14 PM
The zapping of D + to D + HD crashes ALWAYS
The zapping DVBS to DVBS2 crashes 90% of times
Only audio, no video. And within five seconds, locks.
Any solution?

kebien
26-11-2010, 03:01 PM
@kebien and tx0

No sarcasm from me,I just proposed the validity of a situation,not wishing it to happen.
I am so optimistic that I do not even post bugs knowing others will be more interested in doing that.
No pressure from me to you guys.
But I am realistic also,there are things that might stop the development,or you are going to tell me this didn't happen to Opensat ???
Because it is clear they had/have no clue how to make the thing work as it should.
Kudos to you guys and keep it up.

blackmore
26-11-2010, 03:01 PM
if I go I see the info CrossEPG creation time how big the file,

channel number 296
33901 events
13018 keys

but I still do not see anything about multi epg chart.

could be the problem are the settings? use those of Hannibal.

decoder elite firmware RTi core 1.0.1 BETA

hello

Blackie
26-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Any solution?

Guys, if you want to publish a problem/bug, please include at least your model and firmware version so developers can work with your information. In case of zapping problem provider and cam could help too. Just a note, no flame pls...

MickeySa
26-11-2010, 03:17 PM
For all...

The best is tu use Bug tracking website, so You can select in Operatin system Your model, and ofcourse, there is version 1.0.1 ....

AAOM
26-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Any solution?
Sorry.
Azbod Hd Elite with firmware RTi core 1.0.1 beta.
I test with last firmware of DSteam with identical problem.
I test with CCcam 2.1.3, 2.2.0 and 2.2.1.
I test with multiple chanels list -Daconi, sofrenic and others-
I changed video config to DVI, components, ... and i test with 1080i or 720p==> same problem.
Sorry for my english
Regards.

eppie
26-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Sorry.
Azbod Hd Elite with firmware RTi core 1.0.1 beta.
I test with last firmware of DSteam with identical problem.
I test with CCcam 2.1.3, 2.2.0 and 2.2.1.
I test with multiple chanels list -Daconi, sofrenic and others-
I changed video config to DVI, components, ... and i test with 1080i or 720p==> same problem.
Sorry for my english
Regards.
Here on P+ no problem with d+ channels (cccam
2.2.1)

hfmls
26-11-2010, 07:39 PM
@kebien and tx0

MickeySA that is huge news, from what i understand "interlace fix" will fix fast movements and also improve hugely image quality right?
it should behave like autoresolution plugin? Since that plugin improves quality by a mile.
We would appreciate if you had the time to tell us the improvements in interlace fix :)
Can't wait for next update/release :)
Will this be released by modules in software update, or new team image?

hfmls
26-11-2010, 07:58 PM
The_Ripper
MickeySA

I am having problems installing project-valerie in latest releases. in DSteam image based on yours 3.0.1 it works. But not in original 3.0.1

After moicas help and tests and some talk to project-valerie guys they said this:

You are missing the *******Summary class which is part of e2 since forever.
http://git.opendreambox.org/?p=enigma2.git;a=blob;f=lib/python/Screens/******.py;h=61e1d5ef2a827c7e2cfef 9cd4c537d1c6ec59df7;hb=refs/heads/experimental#l18

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ProjectValerie/DMC_******.py", line 1, in <module>
from Screens.****** import ******Summary
ImportError: cannot import name ******Summary

----------------------------------------------------------
Could u guys fix/support this again please?
Or could u guys tell me a quickfix to solve this please?
Thank you.

EDIT: after some try this and that, here is the fix:
http://www.4shared.com/file/MztqTPZu/******.html
upload those files to:
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/

Project Valerie working! :)

mikeyea
26-11-2010, 09:14 PM
Hello,

please forgive me, all of you, if this question has been answered before, but I have tried and searched and have not found an answer.

I would like to take part in trying and testing e2 image. But as long as the multimedia part is not fully working, I need to go back to original FW ever so often. I am running KGD 4890 on my AZPremium for some time now. I would not like to lose the EPG for instance, and I have installed the ipkg system and some more.

My question now: when, after testing, I go back to KGD4890, is the internal HD untouched, or are there links etc. rewritten for getting e2 running? In short: does the go-back-process mean reinstalling the original KGD4890 and rebuilding my current state or can I start re-using it right away?

Mike

kooleracer
26-11-2010, 09:35 PM
The_Ripper
MickeySA

I am having problems installing project-valerie in latest releases. in DSteam image based on yours 3.0.1 it works. But not in original 3.0.1

After moicas help and tests and some talk to project-valerie guys they said this:

http://git.opendreambox.org/?p=enigma2.git;a=blob;f=lib/python/Screens/******.py;h=61e1d5ef2a827c7e2cfef 9cd4c537d1c6ec59df7;hb=refs/heads/experimental#l18

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ProjectValerie/DMC_******.py", line 1, in <module>

Thank you.

upload those files to:

will sattomy include this in E2 as standard media package??

hfmls
26-11-2010, 09:37 PM
will sattomy include this in E2 as standard media package??

no

richy18
26-11-2010, 10:21 PM
Hello,
My question now: when, after testing, I go back to KGD4890, is the internal HD untouched, or are there links etc. rewritten for getting e2 running? In short: does the go-back-process mean reinstalling the original KGD4890 and rebuilding my current state or can I start re-using it right away?
Mike

Hi Mike,

you have to differ "internal HD" and "DOM". The DOM (this 256MB Flash-Memory) will be erased if you install enigma2 on it. In this case your KGD on DOM is lost. But with AzUp 1.2.5 you can install enigma2 on a memory stick. In that case your KGD on DOM will be left untouched and only the kernel in internal flash will be changed. Your HD (your HardDisk) will be untouched in both cases.

IMHO the best way for you is installing E2 on a memory stick. So you have to replace the kernel only (with AzUp) if you want to change between KGD and E2.

Enjoy testing :)

mikeyea
26-11-2010, 11:22 PM
Thanks Richy for your explanation. I guess I will try the memory stick option then. But i assume perfomance will be rather bad when running from USB stick or has USB port throughput improved under e2?

Mike

digihoe
26-11-2010, 11:35 PM
The_Ripper
MickeySA

Thank you.

upload those files to:

Your links are not working, pls fix them.

leif666
27-11-2010, 12:55 AM
For all...

The best is tu use Bug tracking website, so You can select in Operatin system Your model, and ofcourse, there is version 1.0.1 ....

What was the point of creating a Bug Tracker on azbox-enigma.eu if the post gets deleted?
I reported a "Feature Request" for DVB-T support. and marked it with "medium priority"
I read through the other post before I reported it, and none had reported it yet.
The report Id was "ID28"

I understand if it was deleted because several asked for the same thing, but I can not see that anyone have asked for this.

If it was deleted because it was fixed then the "Progress bar" should have been updated to 100% and not deleted.

For me this is not a big deal, but I'd like to know why.

Can anyone help me understand why it was deleted?

MoRpHiUS_x
27-11-2010, 01:05 AM
Bug Tracker is only for reported bugs.

Not to make requests.

DVB-T, DVB-C, Recording, Internal Reader, etc... are not bugs.

Normal everything bugs than delete it.

Abdul1508
27-11-2010, 01:07 AM
I think it is better to close this thread,as far as it adds no value to the development,it is best to Using bug tracking web site so as mickeySa has said. To create a peace again,Some things have all been answered, it still makes no sense to repeat things. if something changes, this is also clearly stated in the change log. such as DVB-T or DVB-C is known to all. and these are not bugs they simply are not added. this is my opinion.:victory-045:

leif666
27-11-2010, 01:23 AM
Bug Tracker is only for reported bugs.

Not to make requests.

DVB-T, DVB-C, Recording, Internal Reader, etc... are not bugs.

Normal everything bugs than delete it.

ok, I have no problems understanding that, but then the "Feature Request" button should have been removed.

The way I understood it was also possible to ask for a Feature Request by using the ""Feature Request" button.
I think you understand why it is a bit confusing.

What should the "Feature Request" be used for then?

Should I use it to Request a Feature bug? :chinese-bow-005:

Edit:
Great that the team have made the Bug list, keep up the good work :-) I hope that we also can use this to make requests In the future.
It's a very straightforward and easy way to do it :-)

hperez
27-11-2010, 02:06 AM
It would be great if I or some other guys that want to be involved can compile latest working fw image themselves. So all what have been done till now - I mean patches for open sourced e2, kernel drivers, and even some other sources like card reader microcode should be published.

I agree with you on this. A svn is necessary, not only to be able to create images, but also to help the developers, by fixing bugs, implementing new things...

halabessa
27-11-2010, 08:12 AM
GUYS,

Have found this site hxxp://azupd.ath.cx/fw/
(thanks to the author)....
You have all old original fw - New Alpha E2 images - New Beta E2 images - E2 plugins & emus....& other stuff for How to...
Enjoy.:cup-006:

Smudger
27-11-2010, 09:31 AM
For all...

Should there also be a field for box/receiver board age as we in the past have had problems that have been different between the newer and older boxes.

hauminix
27-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Is there a timeline for the next release. There, the Wii is implemented driver. Unfortunately, I do not have cable connection at the ******. I know that the team is working under high pressure. One clue would be good. Is it a week or a month or even this weekend?

Thanks to the team

paulobr
27-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Can anyone know a solution to put the media player work i need to watch movies on my wonderfull box.
Thx

mikeyea
27-11-2010, 11:31 AM
Some posts up the way to install the media player "project-valerie" is explained. You might take a look there.

Mike

paulobr
27-11-2010, 11:38 AM
Some posts up the way to install the media player "project-valerie" is explained. You might take a look there.

Mike

It's not working.....:o10:

richy18
27-11-2010, 01:27 PM
It's not working.....:o10:

First, I confirmed your statement but I've not seen this:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showpost.php?p=770278&postcount=3029

PV is working.

moicas3004
27-11-2010, 02:25 PM
For project valerie, use the DSTeam 3.0.1 Image.

There is many missing files in RTi image that are needed to play valerie.

mikeyea
27-11-2010, 02:38 PM
I have tried and installed RTi1.0.1 on a 8GB USB stick, and install seemed to have been OK. But, after rebooting, I get the graphic screen "booting enigma2", then "loading enigma2", then a green screen, after some seconds again the screen "loading enigma2", then green screen and on and on..

What is wrong now?
Mike

P.S. as to project-valerie, did you see this posting from hfmls https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showpost.php?p=770278&postcount=3029 ? I dont know what the asterisks in that posting mean, however.

Smudger
27-11-2010, 03:11 PM
I have tried and installed RTi1.0.1 on a 8GB USB stick, and install seemed to have been OK. But, after rebooting, I get the graphic screen "booting enigma2", then "loading enigma2", then a green screen, after some seconds again the screen "loading enigma2", then green screen and on and on..

What is wrong now?
Mike

P.S. as to project-valerie, did you see this posting from hfmls https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showpost.php?p=770278&postcount=3029 ? I dont know what the asterisks in that posting mean, however.

I had the green screen to Enigma E2 boot screen I Download again from site and used a different usb and workd ok. are you installing to DOM or USB I was installing to USB. I tried three USBs before I found one I could run from. Doing the install manually as discribed in an other thread on this board I could use any of my USB's.

apg
27-11-2010, 03:30 PM

What is wrong now?
Mike

I have the same problem! And I do not see what I can try more
If you find some solution say here what the problem was

Thanks

mikeyea
27-11-2010, 04:52 PM
I guess it was the USB stick. I have changed to another one, (and I have changed to DS2, but this is presumably not important) and I am as far as now DS2 is booting and running. Now I am fiddling with the initial configuration: at the moment the satellite scan is running for my 4 ports.

kooleracer
27-11-2010, 05:15 PM
Somebody know another to change audio tracks because i can't select to one i like because of the 2 commands bug when you press 1 time.

thx,

rtificial
27-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Somebody know another to change audio tracks because i can't select to one i like because of the 2 commands bug when you press 1 time.

thx,

A patch for ActionMap was posted for this a couple of pages ago.

I attached the file, replace ActionMap.pyo in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/

paulobr
27-11-2010, 07:13 PM
I buy a external hard drive when i restart the box on vdf appears rescue mod??' when i turn off the hard drive the azbox boot normal why?

leerock
27-11-2010, 07:33 PM
I buy a external hard drive when i restart the box on vdf appears rescue mod??' when i turn off the hard drive the azbox boot normal why?

Do you have the patch.bin on the HDD?

rtificial
27-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Yes, seems most logical.

antonis13
27-11-2010, 08:28 PM

i have the same problem when i use usb stick or usb hdd emty with no files(patch.bin or others)

apg
27-11-2010, 09:24 PM
I guess it was the USB stick. I have changed to another one, (and I have changed to DS2, but this is presumably not important) and I am as far as now DS2 is booting and running. Now I am fiddling with the initial configuration: at the moment the satellite scan is running for my 4 ports.

My pen does write to 15.9 and read to 4.9 and I can always go back to the original soft.
What is the speed of your pen ???

thanks

paulobr
27-11-2010, 10:16 PM

No.... I don't understand..

T0rca1950
27-11-2010, 10:19 PM
No.... I don't understand..

Do you have a file named "patch.bin" on your hard disk or usb stick?

PsiDOC
27-11-2010, 10:36 PM
You external hard drive... Does it have the file patch.bin on it?
If so DELETE IT!

mikeyea
27-11-2010, 10:42 PM
My pen does write to 15.9 and read to 4.9 and I can always go back to the original soft.
What is the speed of your pen ???

thanks

I am not sure, around 10 M for reading and 5M for writing, I guess. But I think this is not an issue, as the pen which is being run at the moment, is definitely not faster.

puhcho
27-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Is there a timeline for the next release. There, the Wii is implemented driver. Unfortunately, I do not have cable connection at the ******. I know that the team is working under high pressure. One clue would be good. Is it a week or a month or even this weekend?

Thanks to the team

:respect-050:

kaszy
28-11-2010, 08:21 AM
Dvb-s,Dvb-s2 AAC AUDIO NO Amos Hungari pacet Thome !

ircihumax
28-11-2010, 08:33 AM
Hi,

very often I see the Enigma working logo (the gears - or on DS 3.0 the globe).
I noticed that every time prohibition against working on the disappearance of the logo clock automatically moves forward a couple of minutes (3-7 minutes).

Ircihumax

mikeyea
28-11-2010, 10:12 AM
I had the green screen to Enigma E2 boot screen I Download again from site and used a different usb and workd ok. are you installing to DOM or USB I was installing to USB. I tried three USBs before I found one I could run from. Doing the install manually as discribed in an other thread on this board I could use any of my USB's.

You were probably right that it was to do with the USB stick. Using a different one, I was able to install DS3.01. Having played around for a while, I wanted to go back to my KGD by putting in kgd4890 patch.bin and calling AZUPD
But this didn't work. I was not able to write the kernel back with AZUPD because it complained about "unsupported firmware version". I finally had to take the long way: re-installing OS fw890 with AZUPD, updating to KGD with standard procedure. Next time I will try the alternative approach, using different USBs for each step.

mikeyea
28-11-2010, 10:38 AM
During my first encounter with DS3.01 I found a lot of very nice features and some problems:
There are several occasions when I want one step down in a menu, but the box responds with two steps. The patch some postings up here doesn't seem to work.
I have read that this is/was? the same with the "official" RTI core version. Will someone enter this into the bugtracker,please? I am not sure if I myself should do this, running a "derivative".
Mike

mikeyea
28-11-2010, 10:44 AM
In DS3.01 project-valerie installs without problems, but I haven't been able to save my media catalog after scanning. Scanning the harddisk itself ran smoothly, building the list, but then? I have not found out how to save the list.

Mike

paulobr
28-11-2010, 12:09 PM
I can't initialize my hard drive in azbox if i go to media player the movies/series are there i presume that the hd is initialize but in Valerie project does no appear nothing why?
Thx

amyren
28-11-2010, 01:14 PM
During my first encounter with DS3.01 I found a lot of very nice features and some problems:
There are several occasions when I want one step down in a menu, but the box responds with two steps. The patch some postings up here doesn't seem to work.
I have read that this is/was? the same with the "official" RTI core version. Will someone enter this into the bugtracker,please? I am not sure if I myself should do this, running a "derivative".
Mike

This is a known issue from the 1.0.0 beta, and the solution was posted here
before the 1.0.1 came out. So I dont know why they didnt replace the ActionMap.pyo file in the 1.0.1 release, and also why the DS team didnt do this. Maybe they just forgot?
I just tested the DS2 v3a image and notice that its the same still.
However, if you just download the ActionMap.pyo file from one of the attachments made in this thread some days ago and replace the file it will be ok.
I can confirm that the fix also works on the DS image.

EDIT: BTW, the issue is already in the bugtracker, since friday 26. nov :)

amyren
28-11-2010, 02:56 PM
In DS3.01 project-valerie installs without problems, but I haven't been able to save my media catalog after scanning. Scanning the harddisk itself ran smoothly, building the list, but then? I have not found out how to save the list.

Mike

I tried Valerie also, but so far I havent found any use of it.
I set it to autostart at first, but have disabled it now. If update is enabled Valerie will prompt for an upgrade to mediacenter r373, if I select yes to this it will start to do the upgrade, but then crashes the box every time.
I've been trying to do a scan for media from within Valerie, but when it starts to search for medai files it seem to never finish, and no progress is being shown in the progress bar. Trying to change the search path for movies will also crash the box.

Also I have been trying to search for the MediaCenter r373 to install it manually, but I cant find it. Do you have a link for it?

So, I never got so far in Valerie that I can select a movie file to play.
From you post it looks like you have succeded to scan media files. Do they play at all then?

mikeyea
28-11-2010, 03:15 PM
I tried Valerie also, but so far I havent found any use of it.

Also I have been trying to search for the MediaCenter r373 to install it manually, but I cant find it. Do you have a link for it?

So, I never got so far in Valerie that I can select a movie file to play.
From you post it looks like you have succeded to scan media files. Do they play at all then?

I installed r370 from the google repo. For me as well, I couldn't play any files. During scanning, a list was built with the files from my harddisk, but I couldn't find out how to save this list. Thus, when getting back to the top level, in the respective directories there was nothing to be seen.

moicas3004
28-11-2010, 08:54 PM
The multimedia files can't be played because que bug in multimedia part of E2. The fix will come on next enigma 2 image.

amyren
28-11-2010, 09:02 PM
I installed r370 from the google repo. For me as well, I couldn't play any files. During scanning, a list was built with the files from my harddisk, but I couldn't find out how to save this list. Thus, when getting back to the top level, in the respective directories there was nothing to be seen.

I did search for that, but ended up in some (for me) somewhat confusing pages about the xbmc, but failed to find anything relevant for the dreambox to download...

But in my search, I located a post regarding Dreambox MediaCenter and found and installed version 0.93r2
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showpost.php?p=628843&postcount=2
It doesnt play any movies or music yet, but at least it can locate my movies and music files.
But the picture playing part was working very well, with slide show :)

satdish101
28-11-2010, 09:32 PM
Has anyone tried using a blindscan plug-in with E2?

sattommy
28-11-2010, 10:49 PM
I did search for that, but ended up in some (for me) somewhat confusing pages about the xbmc, but failed to find anything relevant for the dreambox to download...

But in my search, I located a post regarding Dreambox MediaCenter and found and installed version 0.93r2

It doesnt play any movies or music yet, but at least it can locate my movies and music files.
But the picture playing part was working very well, with slide show :)

This mediacenter plugin might be the way to go. As for valerie i think the pc app/imdb requirement is not really suitable for all users.

However with this plugin I would like to see the ability to start video_ts folders and iso files from within the movieplayer section instead of having to use the seperate dvd player plugin.

So if anyone with python knowledge is able to combine this...Let me know!!!

After next release with fixed mediaplayer I will focus on dvd playback. With full menu/audio channels/subtitle support. For iso, video_ts, and hopefully external usb dvd players.

moicas3004
28-11-2010, 10:53 PM
@ Sattommy

How is the media player going?

@Mickeysa

How is the Fw going?

Please some feedback.

sattommy
28-11-2010, 11:07 PM
@ Sattommy

How is the media player going?

@Mickeysa

How is the Fw going?

Please some feedback.

New release will be soon. You will see what you get when it is released ;-)

paulobr
29-11-2010, 09:42 AM
New release will be soon. You will see what you get when it is released ;-)

Could it be this month I’m struggling with media player and the Valerie project nothing work I’m frustrated …….

richy18
29-11-2010, 11:34 AM
Could it be this month I’m struggling with media player and the Valerie project nothing work I’m frustrated …….

Patience please. Don't put pressure on the developers. Remember - you have the opportunity to install original FW in Flash and E2 on Stick. If you do so you will be able to change without having trouble ;)

satlubitel
29-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Patience please. Don't put pressure on the developers. Remember - you have the opportunity to install original FW in Flash and E2 on Stick. If you do so you will be able to change without having trouble ;)

Hi Richy,
I also have heard about that option. Is there any detailed guide or "how to" about that, it would be highly appreciated (I have serched the forum already)?
As far as I know there sould be a step with kernel replace, when do back to the original FW, I am not sure how to do that...any step-by-step guide about that operation....how is that kernel switch between E2 and original FW?
Cheers!

richy18
29-11-2010, 12:20 PM
Hi Richy,
I also have heard about that option. Is there any detailed guide or "how to" about that, it would be highly appreciated (I have serched the forum already)?
As far as I know there sould be a step with kernel replace, when do back to the original FW, I am not sure how to do that...any step-by-step guide about that operation....how is that kernel switch between E2 and original FW?
Cheers!

AzUp 1.2.5 will do the job automatically. You can choose the target of installation. So - in first step you have to install original FW into flash. In the second step you have to install E2 on a stick. If you want to go back to original you have to change the kernel only (by AzUp) and vice versa...
It takes 2 Minutes only to change between the operating systems.

For detailed information take a search (this thread) or take a look here: https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=141890

satlubitel
29-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Thanks Richy, will give a try
Cheers!

Smudger
29-11-2010, 02:53 PM
AzUp 1.2.5 will do the job automatically. You can choose the target of installation. So - in first step you have to install original FW into flash. In the second step you have to install E2 on a stick. If you want to go back to original you have to change the kernel only (by AzUp) and vice versa...
It takes 2 Minutes only to change between the operating systems.

For detailed information take a search (this thread) or take a look here: https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=141890

Has anyone tried the HDD option and do you know what effect it has on any existing data on the drive.

rtificial
29-11-2010, 03:02 PM
According to our friend Demosat @ azboxforum, 4:2:2 feed libraries are available for testing...

demosat
29-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Hi,

According to our friend Demosat @ azboxforum, 4:2:2 feed libraries are available for testing...

no it is not mine, the compilation of Ernestolinch techsat.info

@+

rtificial
29-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Hi,

no it is not mine, the compilation of Ernestolinch techsat.info

@+

:respect-048:

paulobr
29-11-2010, 08:33 PM
i'm successfully install the Valerie project in azbox elite in the RTi core 1.0.1 BETA i can see movies now but i had some issues like database is catalog the movies wrong and the series worst i can't find the command to play stop forward backward and exit can someone help me? I know someone ( hfmls ) but is not respond to my questions.
Regards from Portugal

moicas3004
29-11-2010, 09:09 PM
i'm successfully install the Valerie project in azbox elite in the RTi core 1.0.1 BETA i can see movies now but i had some issues like database is catalog the movies wrong and the series worst i can't find the command to play stop forward backward and exit can someone help me? I know someone ( hfmls ) but is not respond to my questions.
Regards from Portugal

The data catalog must be simple.

Keep the movies names simple. Not "the.matrix.1080p.evo.dts.etc.mkv". Put like this: " The Matrix.mkv"

The play part isnt possible because of multimedia bug. This fix will come out in next Firmware.

dutchmatrix
29-11-2010, 10:31 PM
I thought i hop in on the E2 train.
But after installing the RTi core 1.0.1 BETA it states TUNERA STV090x not configured.
I already removed my second dvb-c tuner but the didn't make any difference.

Its a P+

xanadu
29-11-2010, 10:48 PM
I thought i hop in on the E2 train.
But after installing the RTi core 1.0.1 BETA it states TUNERA STV090x not configured.
I already removed my second dvb-c tuner but the didn't make any difference.

Its a P+

It will say not configured until you configure it!

dutchmatrix
29-11-2010, 10:51 PM
I feel stupid........................... ..............

Missed some buttons on my remote......
Glad you all cann't see my red cheeks now......

Carp95
29-11-2010, 11:27 PM
I feel stupid........................... ..............

Missed some buttons on my remote......
Glad you all cann't see my red cheeks now......

LOL, and I know you. didn't think you would miss that one:king-042:

paulobr
30-11-2010, 07:53 AM
The data catalog must be simple.

Keep the movies names simple. Not "the.matrix.1080p.evo.dts.etc.mkv". Put like this: " The Matrix.mkv"

The play part isnt possible because of multimedia bug. This fix will come out in next Firmware.

I just said before that i can play movies without any problems, work fine.:respect-059:

rtificial
30-11-2010, 09:46 AM
I just said before that i can play movies without any problems, work fine.:respect-059:

Huh?

Are you stating the mediaplayer works when called from Valerie, but not when called from the filebrowser?

paulobr
30-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Huh?

Are you stating the mediaplayer works when called from Valerie, but not when called from the filebrowser?

I can watch movies without any problem from hd

dvlajkovic
30-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Is .ts format supported by Valerie?

paulobr
30-11-2010, 10:20 AM
Is .ts format supported by Valerie?

I only test dvdrip and avi files

amyren
30-11-2010, 11:46 AM
I can watch movies without any problem from hd
Thats interesting, since you are the first that reports that movies work directly from HD. Earlier I think movies only worked if played from a network mounted disk, as this was tested by sattommy.

Could you please supply some details about your setup.
Is this an internal or external HD?
Is it formatted with linux (EXT2) or by NTFS filesystem?
Also I would like to know if you was able to save your scanned movie list in Valerie?
What version of valerie are you using, and have you some other relevant addons or plugins to make this work?

thank you.

paulobr
30-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Thats interesting, since you are the first that reports that movies work directly from HD. Earlier I think movies only worked if played from a network mounted disk, as this was tested by sattommy.

Could you please supply some details about your setup.
Is this an internal or external HD?
Is it formatted with linux (EXT2) or by NTFS filesystem?
Also I would like to know if you was able to save your scanned movie list in Valerie?
What version of valerie are you using, and have you some other relevant addons or plugins to make this work?

thank you.

My hd is external ntfs filesystem i scan the list of movies in valerie i'm using the last version.
regards

cjjdool
30-11-2010, 05:31 PM
As many others, I tested the latest Enigma2 RTi core 1.0.1 BETA version.
Installing via Azup V1.2.5 worked fine
Had the same problems reported earlier in this forum like no sound on Canaal Digitaal HD channels with stuttering video. After looking around a bit more I decided to go back to the old V5020 version.
This again went without problems.
One thing I do not understand, when I telnet to the box I still had the changed password I used before going to Enigma2 and back....
So can it be that not all info on the flash is deleted/ written over?
When the Enigma2 version was on the box there was no password and I never set it myself either.

Carp95
30-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Did you perform option 4 before installing?

cjjdool
30-11-2010, 08:59 PM
No I did not but as new partitions are created would it not be logical to assume no need for that?

stavross
30-11-2010, 10:33 PM
My hd is external ntfs filesystem i scan the list of movies in valerie i'm using the last version.
regards

Me.dia player is playing movies in avi but project valerie is not seeing my portable HDD did Valerie auto detect or do you have to tell it manually where it is but I have noticed through DCC I cannot see my portable drive through ftp can you help please as doing me head in!!!!!

Many thanks paulobr:respect-023::respect-063:

From the stavross

MickeySa
01-12-2010, 01:13 AM
New BETA tonight.

Please stay tuned ;)

http://www.azbox-enigma.eu

What is new :

- Improvements on Audio part ( syncing )

- Card reader driver support ( /dev/sci0 ) EXPERIMENTAL

- Multimedia support ( Seeking OK, Play/Pause and Stop Ok, Audio sync )

- Wifi support for Premium/Premium+

- Time fix on VFD and Enigma 2

- HDMI Hotplug Fixed

- Fixed problem with jumping of 2 spaces on Multimedia player

- Online Software update ( drivers and python components from azbox-enigma.eu server )

- Password problem Fixed ( You can change password now )

hfmls
01-12-2010, 01:23 AM
muauhahahahah u guys suck! :) my girlfriend is here.. hehe.
MickeySA tonight...like in a few minutes or like latest one at 5..6 am ? :P
Just asking.

MickeySa
01-12-2010, 01:25 AM
Well, let it be surprise, as so much changes we maded in past days, on all fields.

hfmls
01-12-2010, 01:29 AM
oh ok. i was gonna ask changelog in advance :)

CoolST
01-12-2010, 01:35 AM
today is holiday in portugal :302:
we can testing the new beta all the day .

thanks for your great job .:respect-069:

B.R

hfmls
01-12-2010, 02:21 AM
i really hope this fixes crashes with cog appearing, it was really the only thing that made me go back to original firmwar again :\

Bye bye dm500, i'm gonna buy a new azbox hd elite:P
niceeee :)
good job!!
I hope this means no more crazy clock 3 or 4 days in the future :D
- HDMI Hotplug Fixed
dunno what this is :)
yep this was a must :P

hfmls
01-12-2010, 03:01 AM
Online Software update, does this mean we can update via menu without flashing over and over again with patch.bin?

MickeySa
01-12-2010, 03:09 AM
It means, that if there is just some driver update or puthon .py file related to Enigma 2 , You can update it, and we dont need to make full Enigma 2 Image :).

Also, like there is e.g : Fix for Skin, You can update it, it will install it and reboot STB :)

hfmls
01-12-2010, 03:10 AM
I see, thank you very much. Will it "warn us" about these updates? or should we check everyday?

btw: Will u start to delete or change status in bug tracker?
If release is in next few minutes i can report to you in 5..10 minutes major/critical bugs status if u want.
Otherwise i can only test tomorrow cuz my girlfriend is here braking my balls to go to bed hehe :)

[0_o]
01-12-2010, 03:22 AM
Well, I just wanna say THANKS to all TEAM once again!!
You made my day, even in two hours only! eheh ;)

;)

MickeySa
01-12-2010, 04:26 AM
RTi core 1.0.2 BETA

What is new :

- HDMI Hotplug Fixed

- Online Software update ( drivers and python components from azbox-enigma.eu server )

- Password problem Fixed ( You can change password now )

Download:

http://www.azbox-enigma.eu

MickeySa
01-12-2010, 04:36 AM
More to come in next day's :

Recording, and other improvements...

hfmls
01-12-2010, 04:38 AM
Thank you very much MickeySA, i will get back to you in a few minutes.

hfmls
01-12-2010, 04:58 AM
EPG error when downloading info, i press download and:

CrossEPG error: error opening EPGDB

MickeySa
01-12-2010, 05:06 AM
@hfmls

That is 3rd parity plugin, and please do not post those kind of errors as we use daily build version... And as far as i can see we didnt put in change log anything regarding EPG. Thanks

hfmls
01-12-2010, 05:10 AM
IMAGE QUALITY AND INTERLACE MAKES ME WANNA CRY :) :) :) :D:D:D:D
I never seen such a good image in a receiver!! I was expecting improvement when u told about interlace MickeySA, but this seems like a htpc i had with "vector adaptive" option on using ATI card.
Using 1080p@50hz
Quality is superb!!

hfmls
01-12-2010, 05:12 AM
@hfmls

That is 3rd parity plugin, and please do not post those kind of errors as we use daily build version... And as far as i can see we didnt put in change log anything regarding EPG. Thanks

Thank you MickeySA for answer, i thought this plugin was "optimized" for enigma2 in azbox hd. i will try to install other version. Do u have any link to daily builds please? :)

BTW read my previous post.

CLOCK is still bad :( too fast.

MickeySa
01-12-2010, 05:16 AM
I see, MotionAdaptative deinterlace is working perfectly, thanks for fast report !

hfmls
01-12-2010, 05:22 AM
CrossEPG working:
update plugin from here:
http://code.google.com/p/crossepg/downloads/list

then mounted my usb-HDD into hdd
"mount /dev/sda1 /media/hdd"
epg working now.

i am now trying to initiate /dev/sci0 but oscam can't do it..
MickeySA what ere your tests regarding sci0?
Should i put sci0 or scard or what?
Thank you very much :)

MickeySa
01-12-2010, 05:28 AM
I didnt test Card reader at all so I cant tell You really nothing... :S

try to see if there is device under /dev/sci0

or

cat /proc/devices

if there is just /dev/sc0 , try this by telnet :

ln -s /dev/sc0 /dev/sci0

hfmls
01-12-2010, 05:40 AM
I didnt test Card reader at all so I cant tell You really nothing... :S

try to see if there is device under /dev/sci0

or

cat /proc/devices

if there is just /dev/sc0 , try this by telnet :

ln -s /dev/sc0 /dev/sci0

No sci0, only sc0, after doing "ln -s /dev/sc0 /dev/sci0 "
nothing happened.
No sci0, still only sc0.

swgw
01-12-2010, 05:57 AM
the TEAM rocks, Nice :respect-057: :party:

you guys are making leaps 'N' bounds with ur project :party:

the illuminati
01-12-2010, 06:11 AM
IMAGE QUALITY AND INTERLACE MAKES ME WANNA CRY :) :) :) :D:D:D:D
I never seen such a good image in a receiver!! I was expecting improvement when u told about interlace MickeySA, but this seems like a htpc i had with "vector adaptive" option on using ATI card.
Using 1080p@50hz
Quality is superb!!

hello hfmls
as you said picture is superb is that a sure or a fast reply as your
date is waiting :respect-057:
can we change the resolution now or we still have to do it FTP
i tried the last DS image and the picture was so bad that it also made me want to cry.
but to be honest the plugins and handeling in DS were very good

hfmls
01-12-2010, 06:15 AM
honestly i changed to 1080p via FTP.it is way faster i only have to change 720p to 1080p via text. :) I didn't test via GUI.

I am zapping right now,trying to find bugs, quality is amazing, it is better than dm800 and original azbox hd firmware. SD and HD. Without any doubts.

after an hour or so, here are my tests:

- i can't seem to initiate sci0 with oscam, it gives me an error all the time. Gotta test some more.But it appears to NOT be working, sci0 doesn't sho up in cat /proc/devices
- CrossEPG is 3rd party but i am having problems running it, gonna try to update it or so (edit: after update it's working).
- Sometimes when changing from dvb-s to dvb-s2 and vice-versa cog still appears, and we have to hard restart. It's random, sometimes i zap like 20 times and it's ok, other times i zap 3 times and cog appears and i have to hard reset.
This seems to be the only bug keeping me to go back to original firmware :( now that image quality is superb, it's a shame i have to go back.

paulobr
01-12-2010, 09:26 AM
whoooo THANKS TO THE TEAM.

ilcalmo
01-12-2010, 09:27 AM
Installed successfully over 1.0.1, remote control looks to be fixed, HDMI signal problems looks to be solved.

I setup video at 1080p50 in /etc/init.d/bootup, but image quality is worst than before..... specially in HD channels. It looks upscaled everytime, and titles at the end of the movies scrolling vertically are very bad to see.
System clock is still too fast.
Load average watching HD channel is close to 3.20 using only CCcam 2.1.4.

Congratulations to the team lots of big steps are done... but still somethig to improve and fix...
About the video quality in the early versions video was much better.

Regards.

*ps box is premium

hfmls
01-12-2010, 09:30 AM
ilcalmo u can't be serious :S
are u sure u have 1.0.2 ? It's impossible what u just said (i'm not trying to be rude i am sorry)

Image quality in tv mode and watching some .xvid seems like deinterlacer in xbox1 (xbmc) and in some HTPC using ati card, using motion/vector adaptive option in catalyst.

Try to format everything and upload again latest image because it's really that good.
Amazingly smooth, no more HD problems and no more "stair effect" or shaked logo/images.

swiffer
01-12-2010, 09:41 AM
I see, MotionAdaptative deinterlace is working perfectly, thanks for fast report !

You mean a "Motion Adaptative" algorithm is now implemented for SD and HD signals ? :eek:

hfmls
01-12-2010, 09:43 AM
You mean a "Motion Adaptative" algorithm is now implemented for SD and HD signals ? :eek:

and mediaplayer. 700mb XVID seems like a dvd5 now :)

T33
01-12-2010, 09:44 AM
@hfmls & ilcalmo

How on earth could we have sooooo different opinions about the video quality? Do you guys have different types of receivers?

hfmls
01-12-2010, 09:46 AM
well i have azbox hd elite, and i went from original 5020 to today's release, all formatted and "clean". Dunno if that's the reason. I got amazing results.

gadgeteer
01-12-2010, 09:52 AM
Just the info.....

- the picture of SD channel is really improved !! Just awesome.......
- the picture of HD channel is worser than previous firmware. As my hd channels are from DVB-S Mpeg2, both jerk and jitter are still exist. But there is a new problem that I think involving MotionAdaptative deinterlace.
- media center is working now but the stability seems to be the same. Many movies can't be watched. Watching movie for a couple of minutes, I got the lip sync problem.
- Cog(Wheel of death) appears from time to time and have to reboot to solve this problem.

Many thanks to the Team........

ilcalmo
01-12-2010, 09:55 AM
ilcalmo u can't be serious :S
are u sure u have 1.0.2 ? It's impossible what u just said (i'm not trying to be rude i am sorry)

Image quality in tv mode and watching some .xvid seems like deinterlacer in xbox1 (xbmc) and in some HTPC using ati card, using motion/vector adaptive option in catalyst.

Try to format everything and upload again latest image because it's really that good.
Amazingly smooth, no more HD problems and no more "stair effect" or shaked logo/images.

I am going to install it again.... I will let you know...
For now I can confirm that for SD channels video quality is good, but for HD channels is poor... have roping effect also on AXN HD logo. The top line of the logo changes dimension and looks to disappear.... Give it a try....

Regards.

hfmls
01-12-2010, 09:59 AM
I'm gonna make a video showing u guys the amazing improvement.
All my SD and HD channels are equally perfect. I don't understand why i am so lucky, lol :)
No more stutter or pixelization.

I use Hispasat 30w.
Azbox HD Elite.

BTW: Some friends of mine after replacing dvb-s2 to a more recent one (azbox hd) "fixed" the pixelization and stutter problem.. Could be also hardware problem guys :|

ilcalmo
01-12-2010, 10:06 AM
I'm gonna make a video showing u guys the amazing improvement.
All my SD and HD channels are equally perfect. I don't understand why i am so lucky, lol :)
No more stutter or pixelization.

I use Hispasat 30w.
Azbox HD Elite.

BTW: Some friends of mine after replacing dvb-s2 to a more recent one (azbox hd) "fixed" the pixelization and stutter problem.. Could be also hardware problem guys :|

Hard to understand hardware problem, with old verion almost nice, now bad?
All that changed is the software.... Something changed from the 1.0.1.

My box is premium on 13E
Regards.

Carp95
01-12-2010, 10:06 AM
Well I confirm what hfmls reports about picture qual.

In 1.01 I thought SD was realy poor against 0.9.5020, in 1.02 it's much better.

HD is better then 0.9.5020 just take a look @ Sly HD channels and compare

Will test AXN HD today and see

paulobr
01-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Witch button i press to see subtitles in movies?
Thx

hfmls
01-12-2010, 10:12 AM
Witch button i press to see subtitles in movies?
Thx

Press AUX

the illuminati
01-12-2010, 10:24 AM
dear all
the argument going on about the picture quality that i've been asking for a while seems
to be that most who say they have a good picture have elite models and all with the prenium have a bad picture so there must be a driver compatible with one more than another .just my opinion as i still have a bad one .

paulobr
01-12-2010, 10:34 AM
Press AUX

Yes i know but the subtitles don't appear the subtitles name must be equal to movie like movie name.srt...I press AUX but nothing appear?

T0rca1950
01-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Copying E2 kernel lasted for over 4 min...
Is that suposed to be so?

joe 1234567
01-12-2010, 11:39 AM
I have a prenium and the picthure is very good . it's not a plus ! . maybe it's plus box that not that so good

Carp95
01-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Nope I tested the plus version

numark0504
01-12-2010, 11:55 AM
has everyone tested to use the cardreader with cccam?

hfmls
01-12-2010, 12:10 PM
i tested with oscam, no luck:

2010/12/01 11:21:00 2AAC8B60 s creating thread for device /dev/sc0 slot 0
2010/12/01 11:21:00 2AAC8B60 s waiting for local card init
2010/12/01 11:21:00 2B53D4B0 h HTTP Server listening on port 8383
2010/12/01 11:21:00 2BD3D4B0 r reader thread started (thread=2BD3D4B0, label=zon, device=/dev/sc0, detect=cd, mhz=357, cardmhz=357)
2010/12/01 11:21:00 2BD3D4B0 r Error getting status of terminal.
2010/12/01 11:21:01 2BD3D4B0 r Error getting status of terminal.

arcibald
01-12-2010, 12:21 PM
Hi @hfmls

You can try Newcs?

At least we have a more cardreader confirmation ... than oscam!

Thanks

T0rca1950
01-12-2010, 12:28 PM
My impressions so far:

- multimedia - i tried to play 4 avi files and only one run ok, other had problems (wont open, video to slow but audio ok, stops playing after a minute...), i don't see any improvement on this...

- picture quality - SD quality is good, HD quality is CATASTROPHAL (looks worse than SD, im just watching a football game and the lines on the pitch aren't stright, they go zig-zag... lol)

- stability - i got few times these gears and had to restart the reciever (especially in media player when trying to exit)

- other - clock still goes to fast

For me, this is worse than 1.0.1 beta...

Edit: When i try to change HDMI resolution, just like in this (http://forum.azbox-enigma.eu/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=216) tutorial, my AZbox Elite wont start at all and i have to reinstall.
(Tried to change to 1080p50 and 1080i50. Did all correct, checked the premissions and all...)

Carp95
01-12-2010, 12:42 PM
HD quality is CATASTROPHAL

Please state wich channel on wich satelite to shout it this way is totaly useless other people can't test your findings

I tested Sly UK HD movie (28,2E) and Sly Germany HD movie channels (19,2E)they where fine. In fact Sly UK HD movie is better then with 0.9.5020

ilcalmo
01-12-2010, 12:56 PM
Please state wich channel on wich satelite to shout it this way is totaly useless other people can't test your findings

I tested Sly UK HD movie (28,2E) and Sly Germany HD movie channels (19,2E)they where fine. In fact Sly UK HD movie is better then with 0.9.5020

Sly IT (13E) is bad.
Anixe HD on 23.5E bad,
Astra HD on 23.5E bad,
Astra3D demo ON 23.5E bad
Einsfestival HD 19.0E OK,
Dar Erste HD on 19.0E OK.

Doume
01-12-2010, 01:02 PM
You probably have pointing problem on your LNBs : 19°2 OK, all others bad ....

T33
01-12-2010, 01:02 PM
To all people who have bad quality on the channels (especially if you get pixelizations) have you actually done a satellite search to get the channels or have you used a downloaded channel list?

A channel list won't do unless it's made by yourself (using your receiver) since every single tuner&lnb combination differs in frequency. If you're lucky it might work to download fixed channel list but don't count on it.

richy18
01-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Sly IT (13E) is bad.
Anixe HD on 23.5E bad,
Astra HD on 23.5E bad,
Astra3D demo ON 23.5E bad
Einsfestival HD 19.0E OK,
Dar Erste HD on 19.0E OK.

Hmmm... sounds like 720p ok and 1080i not ok. I'll compare it in the evening on my P+

What's your resolution on Azbox? For my TV I've best results with 1080p60

leerock
01-12-2010, 01:09 PM
When i try to change HDMI resolution, just like in this (http://forum.azbox-enigma.eu/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=216) tutorial, my AZbox Elite wont start at all and i have to reinstall.
(Tried to change to 1080p50 and 1080i50. Did all correct, checked the premissions and all...)

Edit the file using a Unix text editor like editpad.

richy18
01-12-2010, 01:13 PM

Or do it in a telnet session:

mcedit /etc/init.d/bootup (mcedit is an simple to use editor)

T0rca1950
01-12-2010, 01:13 PM

Sly IT.

I used TextMate on my Mac.

CoolST
01-12-2010, 01:14 PM
My test report
Box AZbox Elite HD .

Media Player :
1- work fine with AVI format .
2- work fine with VOB Format
3- Don't work MKV Format .

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
HD channel is Good qualti . test in ARD HD and ZDF HD .
Euro sport HD - hispasat work fine .
zapping from hd to sd is fast an staple .

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::.

CCcam work Fine and zapping work fine too .
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::.

thanks .

Doume
01-12-2010, 01:16 PM
@hfmls :
It should be configured on /dev/sci0 ( not /dev/sc0 )

halabessa
01-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Tested wifi connection on my Premium with Beta 1.0.2:Very good.... No problem at all:
SSID: Detected with no problem.
Link Quality: 78/100
Signal Strength: -78 dBm
Bitrate: (min: 24 Mb/s max: 36 Mb/s)

Very good job to the TEAM
Thank you so much.

leerock
01-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Sly IT.

I used TextMate on my Mac.

Don't have MAC, but maybe textmate have an option to autoconvert the file in a mac format?

Edit: I had exactly the same problem as you and it turned out that my editor was autoconverting the file to windows...
Used editpad and all went fine..

lanlol
01-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Hi,
I'm using the elite hd and 19.2°. It seems to me that there is a problem with the deinterlacer on HD channels. The 1080i channels look bad but ZDF, Das Erste HD ... , which are broadcasting in 720p work fine.
The SD quality with 1.0.2 on the box is the best i've seen so far.

The Media Player works with xvid files but there are probs with mkv.
- audio/video sync problems
- seeking/changing audiotrack can kill the box

Very nice progress overall, good work by the RTi Team! :D .

Is it possible to configure letterbox for the media player and bitstream audio output over hdmi or isn't it implemented yet?

T0rca1950
01-12-2010, 01:26 PM
Don't have MAC, but maybe textmate have an option to autoconvert the file in a mac format?

No, TextMate is ok.

Im having problems playing this (http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy79/FunnyguyIPT/BBT/TheBigBangTheoryS03BDRipXviD-SAiNTS_s.jpg) on mediaplayer. (Sound ok, video to slow)

cacul
01-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Maybe this will help solve the problem.I found a topic describing the different methods of adaptive deinterlacing.
HD 1080i Test Pattern - detect Vector Adaptive Deinterlacing + others

xxx.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1157287

richy18
01-12-2010, 01:40 PM

Edit: I had exactly the same problem as you and it turned out that my editor was autoconverting the file to windows...

Why doing this so complicated? Simply do a telnet to your box and type "mcedit /etc/init.d/bootup". Now change the resolution and save the file. You don't become a Unix Guru to do that :)

Carp95
01-12-2010, 01:46 PM
People with problems @ HD channels, please state

model
serial
tuner

There a different revs off mobo and tuners used in Azbox

png
01-12-2010, 01:55 PM
I want to install cccam onto this image can anyone direct me where to install the files

T0rca1950
01-12-2010, 02:00 PM
People with problems @ HD channels, please state

model
serial
tuner

There a different revs off mobo and tuners used in Azbox

You don't have any problems with HD channels on Sly IT?
Test Sly Sports HD 1 and Fox HD pls.

bakoko
01-12-2010, 02:17 PM
You don't have any problems with HD channels on Sly IT?
Test Sly Sports HD 1 and Fox HD pls.

Confirm, Sport HD1/2/3 horrible quality.

AZBOX ELITE
TUNER CONEXANT-CX24116

@ Carp 95 Where is the serial ?

T0rca1950
01-12-2010, 02:18 PM

You were right, i edited it on my pc and it works now. I never had similar problems with that (maybe because i wasn't editing so many files...)

I just tested EinsFestival HD and it really looks fine, while Sly IT HD channels are still very bad.

pasa
01-12-2010, 02:18 PM
ARD HD, ZDF HD, ORF HD are OK
SLY DE and UK SPORTS HD are very very bad. Not for watching.
SD are very good.
Elite

[0_o]
01-12-2010, 02:21 PM
i tested with oscam, no luck:

2010/12/01 11:21:00 2AAC8B60 s creating thread for device /dev/sc0 slot 0
2010/12/01 11:21:00 2AAC8B60 s waiting for local card init
2010/12/01 11:21:00 2B53D4B0 h HTTP Server listening on port 8383
2010/12/01 11:21:00 2BD3D4B0 r reader thread started (thread=2BD3D4B0, label=zon, device=/dev/sc0, detect=cd, mhz=357, cardmhz=357)

@hfmls
Can you test it with newcs too?? And some one or other card readers?
Just to see if is a problem of all readers of just oscam :)

lobopt
01-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Any news concerning rf modulator?
I tested 1.0.1 and it wasn't working.

moicas3004
01-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Guys, i had many trouble with high frequenci HD chanels in E2. Those problems went away when i changed my tunner for a most recent one.

So guys having problems with hd chanels, check you tunner version.

lanlol
01-12-2010, 02:32 PM
I tried different resolutions/hz with 1080i sources ( hd-+, skky de), the 720p channels are always ok.
1080p/i50 - bad quality, blurry image, "pixeled" contours/outlines
1080p/i60 - image looks ok, sometimes seems to stutter a bit (like low fps), fast changing images, for example in football games, decrease the quality (good to see at the court lines)

VFL
01-12-2010, 02:35 PM
any one have teste yotube it working? evning i will update new version thank all team

ilcalmo
01-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Guys, i had many trouble with high frequenci HD chanels in E2. Those problems went away when i changed my tunner for a most recent one.

So guys having problems with hd chanels, check you tunner version.

What a strange way of thinking.... Please think about that with old software tuner works good, with new software tuner has problems..... Are you sure the problem is the tuner?

I do not want to change a working tuner.... I will change a not working software before....

Regards.

peter1176
01-12-2010, 02:41 PM
im having no joy cant get a signal or move dish ?? az premium

CoolST
01-12-2010, 02:53 PM
I want to install cccam onto this image can anyone direct me where to install the files

Download CCcam from here .
pleasa read how to first !!
_http://azbox-enigma.webs.com/enigma2tools.htm

B.R .

png
01-12-2010, 03:20 PM
Download CCcam from here .
pleasa read how to first !!
_http://azbox-enigma.webs.com/enigma2tools.htm

B.R .

:respect-051::respect-051:thanks for the info works well

Abdul1508
01-12-2010, 03:34 PM
My test report
Box AZbox Elite HD .

Media Player :
1- work fine with AVI format .
2- work fine with VOB Format
3- Don't work MKV Format .

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
HD channel is Good qualti . test in ARD HD and ZDF HD .
Euro sport HD - hispasat work fine .
zapping from hd to sd is fast an staple .

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::.

CCcam work Fine and zapping work fine too .
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::.

thanks .

you have already tested the card reader with CCcam?

CoolST
01-12-2010, 04:01 PM
you have already tested the card reader with CCcam?
card reader not tested ,
but like client work fine .

eppie
01-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Youtube is working
card reader don´t work for me with cccam 2.21 and seca d+ card.

T0rca1950
01-12-2010, 04:16 PM
One more thing, before about one hour I've watched something on AZbox, then i changed to regular TV. And now when I want to change to AZbox again it simply wont to do it, so i have to restart. (Lol, bad english, sry, I hope you get the point).

When I summarize all, this firmware is for me a step backward.

Only good change on my Elite:
I can play 1 of 4 tested .avi files (before it was 0 of 4).

There are also some bad changes, like:
Terrible HD quality on Sly IT (that is what I watch the most)
Stuck when exiting the media player (have to restart)
Audio on Sly IT channels is not the default Italian (have to change it every time, and when changed have to zap foward and than again backward to get the sound)
Can't switch back to AZbox without restarting (as I mentioned above)

It's not a bad change, but I have to mention that clock still isn't correct, although the change log says different (that means the change log is incorrect and firmware was not tested enough before releasing).

I hope you wont get this my post wrong, a good critic is good for everyone.
Thank you for your work, we appreciate it.

pegaman
01-12-2010, 04:23 PM
One more thing, before about one hour I've watched something on AZbox, then i changed to regular TV. And now when I want to change to AZbox again it simply wont to do it, so i have to restart. (Lol, bad english, sry, I hope you get the point).

I have exactly the same problem. TV is LG 42LH5000 .

kasukabe
01-12-2010, 04:53 PM
About HD Quality: Yes, same problem here. 720p (ARD HD/ZDF HD) OK.
1080i (tested on History HD und Discovery HD on Sky Deutschland) bad picture, flicker.
1080p not tested yet.
Configfile was changed to 1080p50 on testing.
Mediaplayer is working on MPEG-2 (.mpg) and XviD (.avi) Files. Will test some other files.
Scanning and reception of DVB-S/DVB-S2 Channels are OK (including sound).
Dish is still moving correctly (Using DiSEqC 1.2)
CCcam OK (as client).. will test the internal reader on CCcam..
Like in other versions, sometimes "cogwheels of death" will appear on zapping channels. (I'm typing "killall enigma2" on telnet then, to reboot)
Hope this will be fixed soon :)
And yes, clock is still running fast. Booted the AZBox at 16:15 and now it shows 17:21.
I have an AZBox Elite HD and a LG 32LH2000 TV Set.

EDIT:
Tested two MKV files now.. 720p is gone slow (like stop and play, stop and play..) 1080p movie is playing OK without any problem, no flicker or something. Quality good! :D

digihoe
01-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Jusr tried software update function and it found two updates. Anyone have information regarding them? Maybe they are an old update?

1.0.2 Seems to be a nice step forward.

Abdul1508
01-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Jusr tried software update function and it found two updates. Anyone have information regarding them? Maybe they are an old update?

1.0.2 Seems to be a nice step forward.

sorry I did not read correctly.

richy18
01-12-2010, 06:56 PM
First impressions on testing 1.0.2

Installation works like a charm. After that I did a factory reset because I like a clean and fresh system. After a few pages from w_izard I got a green screen and the box reboot. It's the same error I have reported on 1.0.1

After reboot I got a green screen again an the box goes into a loop (green screen - reboot - green screen - reboot... again and again)

I've found out that a missing file is the reason for the dysfunctional w_izard.
After putting the attached file into

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/screens

the w_izard is working fine :302:

Don't forget to unpack the file before copying it...

paulobr
01-12-2010, 07:34 PM
I'm problems with the subtitles in media player i press aux and the subtitle don't appear can anyone help me?
Tanks

hfmls
01-12-2010, 07:39 PM
@The_Ripper and team.
UNFORTUNATELY (i know u guys are working really hard). This is still not the version to mantain day by day. :)
All is perfect watching TV, but randomly COG appears when changing channels.
Sometimes takes 20 zapps to appear, other times only 2 zapps to appear. And i always have to hard reset my azbox hd.

It's really sad because i loved the improvement in image quality, and unfortunately i have to go back again to original firmware.

I only have one request, please try to fix this bug instead of adding new features in next release so we could have a perfectly stable version without any crashes/freezes zapping.

With all due respect and appreciation.
hfmls

CoolST
01-12-2010, 08:09 PM
@The_Ripper and team.
UNFORTUNATELY (i know u guys are working really hard). This is still not the version to mantain day by day. :)
Sometimes takes 20 zapps to appear, other times only 2 zapps to appear. And i always have to hard reset my azbox hd.

It's really sad because i loved the improvement in image quality, and unfortunately i have to go back again to original firmware.

I only have one request, please try to fix this bug instead of adding new features in next release so we could have a perfectly stable version without any crashes/freezes zapping.

hfmls

i am 100% your opinion .
it's fine work from The_Ripper and friends .
but stell more work to do to have working E2 in azbox .
for now is not enough to get azbox with E2 Image , becuse of to much freez .
some times work fine zapping etc . but if it go to freez , the only way to go out is to do box reset .
other thing when i do restart box it freez always in BOOT , but when i take out the Scart cable out , it restart fine .
please get the enigma 2 fully woking First , than go to other things ( Neutrino )

regards .
thanks for your work .

richy18
01-12-2010, 08:27 PM
@The_Ripper and team.

hfmls

@hfmls
I totally agree with you!
Ripper and team does great work but the 1.0.2 is a small step backward.
On my premium + I have freezes while zapping, sound is often gone or is distorted. This Version is less usable then the previous was.

So I recommend putting all energy in bug cleaning. The main functions must work stable - that should be the first priority.

With all due respect and appreciation from me too.
Richy

xanadu
01-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Possibly Opensats decision to push ahead with extra features?

They are still trying to sell boxes, and features sell. :cool:

Carp95
01-12-2010, 09:23 PM
No pushing from OpenSAT ( Think you guys don't know The_Ripper:302:)

Also Neutrino is no project from E2 team ( they just use the same drivers and thanked The_Ripper for it)

What do you guys call "new features"

I only saw fixes so far unless you mean the cardreader test and I believe it should be in the project on this stage

richy18
01-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Some testers claimed the bad (HD) picture quality in 1.0.2

Fortunately I cannot confirm this issue!

For my Premium + I use a 1080p60 HDMI connection to my LG 37LH3000 and the picture quality is amazing! Both SD and HD!

No stuttering in HD until now. I've tested 720p channels (ARD HD, ZDF HD, Arte HD) and 1080i channels (BBC HD, Anixe HD, Astra HD, Sky Cinema HD, National Geografic HD ...). The zapping speed is also incredible ( ~1.5 sec from HD to HD).

Except for the instability I am very satisfied with this version :respect-052:

Keep it up guys and focus on stability please :respect-062:

moding
01-12-2010, 09:42 PM
premium box here and i also have to confirm that the picture quality is terrible!

1.01 RTI image is coming back on my box, because the picture there is "normal"

tryed to change the resolution to 1080i60,1080i50,720p60 and 720p50 but always a very bad picture quality. hard to describe how is looks like, but it stutters and also the colors are very strange on this image...

like i said , i am going back to RTI 1.01...unfortunetly...

P.S. all this only on the HD channels, the SD channels are pretty good!

crazy2
01-12-2010, 09:45 PM
AzBox Premium enigma2 1.0.2 ripper test
some bug HD channels
Wireless ok
Online software update ok.
XVİD.avi ok.
1920x1080p 24p dts mkv ok.
Subtitle ok.
ts not working.
Media Player on TV speed.
Channel scan ok.
USALS Motor ok.

richy18
01-12-2010, 09:52 PM
tryed to change the resolution to 1080i60,1080i50,720p60 and 720p50 but always a very bad picture quality.

Do you have tried 1080p60? As I described the HD Quality for me is amazing with my hardware.

moding
01-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Do you have tried 1080p60? As I described the HD Quality for me is amazing with my hardware.

no, i couldn't try that one out, because unfortunetly i don't have a full HD tv... with 1080p60 i get "not supported resolution" or something similar on my TV

T0rca1950
01-12-2010, 10:24 PM
@MickeySa

Will some fixes appear soon for this version or should we downgrade to last one?

dvlajkovic
01-12-2010, 10:37 PM
I'd like to ask all beta-testers to spare us from their private decisions (i.e. "I'm going back to firmware xyz") and focus on test results only. Thank you!

moicas3004
01-12-2010, 10:41 PM
@MickeySa

Will some fixes appear soon for this version or should we downgrade to last one?

Yes, that's my question also.

When will we know that the software update is available for us?

I have tryed but i think the download was from dreambox server ( 2 updates ).

For the rest, the TV image is great in SD and in HD.

Mediaplayer has some issues yet like some MKV block ( Avatar 1080P DTS 14Gbytes ). This file blocks and when i return to tv, the movies stops and restarts in a loop

PS: The TV is the most stable so far. Good job guys.

moding
01-12-2010, 10:56 PM
root@AZBox:/usr/camd# newcs &
root@AZBox:/usr/camd# This is NewCS 1.65 - the New CardServer by the Butter-team..
Compiled on Jan 19 2009 at 17:55:24
Reading Config file from /var/tuxbox/config/newcs.xml
[ 22:53:46 ] [ Box detect ] Box type 1 (General Boxtype - PC compatible)
[ 22:53:46 ] [ Config ] Option <blockc0> for device 0 (lower) not present, defaulting to NO
[ 22:53:46 ] [ Config ] Option <Seca-PPV> for device 0 (lower) not present, defaulting to NO
[ 22:53:46 ] [ Config ] Pincode for device 0 (lower): 0000
[ 22:53:46 ] [ Config ] /dev/sci0 ECM priority: round
[ 22:53:46 ] [ Config ] Option <cache> not present, defaulting EMM: 20, ECM: Dynamic
[ NewCS ] Process ID is: 2019
[ 22:53:46 ] [ NewCS ] Ready to GO! :)

and also with newcs 1.67 rc1

[2]- Done(1) newcs
root@AZBox:/usr/camd# This is NewCS 1.67 RC1 [Build: 95] - the New CardServer by the Butter-team..
Compiled on Jul 14 2009 at 11:56:53
[ 23:19:00 ] [ Box detect ] Box type 15 (Azbox)
[ 23:19:00 ] [ Config ] Option <blockc0> for device 0 (upper) not present, defaulting to NO
[ 23:19:00 ] [ Config ] Option <Seca-PPV> for device 0 (upper) not present, defaulting to NO
[ 23:19:00 ] [ Config ] Pincode for device 0 (upper): 0000
[ 23:19:00 ] [ Config ] /dev/sci0 ECM priority: round
[ 23:19:00 ] [ Config ] Option <cache> not present, defaulting EMM: 20, ECM: Dynamic
[ NewCS ] Process ID is: 1941
[ 23:19:00 ] [ NewCS ] Ready to GO! :)

and here oscam:

2010/12/01 23:15:21 2AAC8B60 s cccam: disabled
2010/12/01 23:15:21 2AAC8B60 s radegast: disabled
2010/12/01 23:15:21 2AAC8B60 s http thread started
2010/12/01 23:15:21 2AAC8B60 s creating thread for device /dev/sci0 slot 0
2010/12/01 23:15:21 2AAC8B60 s waiting for local card init
2010/12/01 23:15:21 2B51B4B0 h HTTP Server listening on port 88
2010/12/01 23:15:21 2BD1B4B0 r reader thread started (thread=2BD1B4B0, device=/dev/sci0, detect=cd, mhz=600, cardmhz=368)
2010/12/01 23:15:21 2BD1B4B0 r ERROR opening device /dev/sci0
2010/12/01 23:15:21 2BD1B4B0 r Cannot open device: /dev/sci0
2010/12/01 23:15:24 2AAC8B60 s init for all local cards done
2010/12/01 23:15:24 2AAC8B60 s anti cascading disabled

moding
01-12-2010, 11:00 PM
I'd like to ask all beta-testers to spare us from their private decisions (i.e. "I'm going back to firmware xyz") and focus on test results only. Thank you!

and i would like to ask YOU to spare us from your USELESS comments...thank you!

moicas3004
01-12-2010, 11:03 PM
root@AZBox:/usr/camd# This is NewCS 1.65 - the New CardServer by the Butter-team..
[ 22:53:46 ] [ Config ] Option <blockc0> for device 0 (lower) not present, defaulting to NO
[ 22:53:46 ] [ Config ] Option <Seca-PPV> for device 0 (lower) not present, defaulting to NO
[ 22:53:46 ] [ Config ] Option <cache> not present, defaulting EMM: 20, ECM: Dynamic

[2]- Done(1) newcs
root@AZBox:/usr/camd# This is NewCS 1.67 RC1 [Build: 95] - the New CardServer by the Butter-team..
[ 23:19:00 ] [ Config ] Option <blockc0> for device 0 (upper) not present, defaulting to NO
[ 23:19:00 ] [ Config ] Option <Seca-PPV> for device 0 (upper) not present, defaulting to NO
[ 23:19:00 ] [ Config ] Option <cache> not present, defaulting EMM: 20, ECM: Dynamic

and here oscam:

2010/12/01 23:15:21 2BD1B4B0 r reader thread started (thread=2BD1B4B0, device=/dev/sci0, detect=cd, mhz=600, cardmhz=368)

CCCam direct, it works?

hfmls
01-12-2010, 11:21 PM
moicas also no.

just my 2 cents, it's really strange some users have amazing image quality (like me) and other users say it's terrible, i hope The_Ripper knows what is happening, otherwise, this is a strange bug :)

triplexxx
01-12-2010, 11:36 PM
how to change to 1080p via FTP

amyren
01-12-2010, 11:39 PM

Copy these two files by ftp to root on flash or to the root of your hdd.
Then install them from the menu, setup/software management/ install local extension.
Reboot and from find the userscript plugin and start cccam from there. From the same menu you will also have an option to set cccam to autostart.

Now you should have cccam running. All you need to do now is to create a CCcam.cfg file with a text editor and put it into /etc
example of a minimum CCcam.cfg file could look like:

C: 192.168.1.124 12000 username password no { 0:0:2 }

moding
01-12-2010, 11:41 PM
how to change to 1080p via FTP

ftp to your box and go to folder:

/etc/init.d

then copy the file with name: bootup

to your pc. open it with unix compatible editor (i use editpad lite - freeware) and edit this :

insmod /lib/modules/2.6.22.19-19-the_ripper/extra/em8634dvb.ko options="-analog -f PAL_BG -digital -f HDMI_1080i50 -hdmi_chip $hdmichip 0 14 15 100 0"

to what you like....

moding
01-12-2010, 11:55 PM
the problem with the "bad picture" quality on some boxes is recognized and confirmed from one RTI team member. The MotionAdaptative deinterlace is added to this BETA and obviously is causes problems on some TV models. In the next image , the team will include an option to turn on or off the deinterlace filter...

then we all will be able to see the "new picture quality" :D:D:D

hfmls
01-12-2010, 11:59 PM
But this new picture quality we're talking about is only because of MotionAdaptive deinterlace, if that is off, quality would be the same as before right?

Blackie
01-12-2010, 11:59 PM

[2]- Done(1) newcs

and here oscam:

Does it mean that newcs server is working with internal cardreader?

triplexxx
02-12-2010, 12:00 AM
to mi skyde hd not good quality
cccam ok
sd ok
for moment

hfmls
02-12-2010, 12:03 AM
Does it mean that newcs server is working with internal cardreader?

no, no reader is working.

T0rca1950
02-12-2010, 12:04 AM
moicas also no.

just my 2 cents, it's really strange some users have amazing image quality (like me) and other users say it's terrible, i hope The_Ripper knows what is happening, otherwise, this is a strange bug :)

If you have access to Sly IT on 13E please test the picture on some HD channels and than report... (It's very bad quality on my AZBox)

hfmls
02-12-2010, 12:07 AM
If you have access to Sly IT on 13E please test the picture on some HD channels and than report... (It's very bad quality on my AZBox)

I only use hispasat 30w

moding
02-12-2010, 12:10 AM
But this new picture quality we're talking about is only because of MotionAdaptive deinterlace, if that is off, quality would be the same as before right?

so is it! no1 will lose something , only those like me, with this issue, will also be able to see the quality like you have it already now...

bobster
02-12-2010, 12:14 AM
Picture quality great on Elite HD. Both SD and HD channels.
Channels open faster than before.
This is big step forward!
Thanks RTI team!

triplexxx
02-12-2010, 12:15 AM

i testet and its to bed like skyhd astra

triplexxx
02-12-2010, 12:17 AM
Picture quality great on Elite HD. Both SD and HD channels.
Channels open faster than before.
This is big step forward!
Thanks RTI team!

i haw elite but the HD picture its to bed can any tell me where is problem

kasukabe
02-12-2010, 12:34 AM
As I wrote before, I have Elite and LG 32LH2000 TV. Only on 1080i HD is bad (flicker) picture.
So it is a problem for example on LG-TVs??

hfmls
02-12-2010, 12:35 AM
i dunno if that has to do with tv but, i tested in my sony bravia fullhd 40w2000.
tomorrow i will test in my fullhd LG

satdish101
02-12-2010, 12:37 AM
I'll post a bug report but would anyone be willing to try and duplicate this with 1.02?

After install of E2 and after boot-up, do a "factory reset" to delete channels, bouquets, etc. Doing so you will enter and endless loop of green screen crashes and rebooting.

I've done this twice now, once after adding my own satellite.xml list and a second time immediately after a fresh install. Both times, system goes into endless crash-reboot loop.

Anrakh
02-12-2010, 12:37 AM
I have to agree that the picture is excellent on the Sony Bravia. It's surprining that LGs are giving problems, they are generally quite good quality TVs.

kasukabe
02-12-2010, 12:56 AM
I want to add, that the 32LH2000 is "just" a HD Ready TV. What about Full HD, is there the difference??

T0rca1950
02-12-2010, 12:56 AM
It's not problem with LG's. I have a Samsung and the problem still remains.
Problem is in e2.

Can you that have good picture test it on Sly IT, then you'll see what im taliking about...

amyren
02-12-2010, 01:03 AM
my first experience with 1.02
- boot picture much sharper than before :)
- for picture quality it is ok for me, but I cant tell any big difference from watching my DM800
- Still have some HDMI issues. HDMI stoppes working sometimes after changing my TV to another input and back again.
- Still some occasions of missing sound. Most frequent on the first channel after reboot.
- WiFi working very well :)
- Now I can get some movies playing, some play well, others not. (tried some avi's and mkv). Some movies does not play fluidly. Jumping forward and backward makes the audio/video get out of sync, and some times stepping forward makes the video go fast forward. The mkv file I tried was 1080p, and this was a lot of pixelizing and stuttering. Then after less than a minute the picture froze and the audio continued to play.
- Movie subtitles working, but in the audio menu the colour mapping is a bit wrong. On this menu green is mapped for the subtitle menu, and yellow is shown - but not mapped. Normally Green should be for selecting audio channels, and yellow for subtitle menu. At least thats how they apear on a DM800.
- Remote working one step at the time on submenus, so this is fixed. But if possible it would be nice if the remote did repeat when pressing and holding down the remote button for the media player menues. And also the usage of the right and left buttons in this menu are different from on the DM800. Left and right on the DM800 will be like page up/page down, but on AzboxE2 they are used to jump between playlist and filebrowser.
- Volume control works well, but have one strange feature. When stepping down one step at the time, the sound will be quiet. But if you go one more step down, the sound will turn on a little again. To make it totally quiet again you must step it up and back again.

cjjdool
02-12-2010, 01:04 AM
@satdish101
I can confirm the green screen endless reboot after factory reset in 1.0.2

Further I see both good and bad results in HD channels, 23,5 Canaldigitaal for example has issues on HD channel picture quality. Also on these channels there is a sound problem, some HD channels have no sound , moving between channels does not resolve this.

This was tested on a premium+ box.

Ceaser
02-12-2010, 01:04 AM
I'll post a bug report but would anyone be willing to try and duplicate this with 1.02?

After install of E2 and after boot-up, do a "factory reset" to delete channels, bouquets, etc. Doing so you will enter and endless loop of green screen crashes and rebooting.

I've done this twice now, once after adding my own satellite.xml list and a second time immediately after a fresh install. Both times, system goes into endless crash-reboot loop.

I too did a factory reset after installing E2 and I also get the green screen crash / reboot loop.

amyren
02-12-2010, 01:22 AM
I'm problems with the subtitles in media player i press aux and the subtitle don't appear can anyone help me?
Tanks

On my Premium I must press the button labeled CHECK to get the audio and subtitle menu.
Maybe the remotes are different on Elite and Premium?
Anyway, to find the subtitles you must press the button that opens the menu for selecting audio tracks. From this menu you must go to the line with "Menu - audio tracks" and press OK. Then the subtitle selection menu will apear.
Personally I think this menues are misleading and confusing, but this is similar on a real dreambox.

Also note that the dreambox and also Azbox Enigma2 is extremely picky on the subtitles. The file name for the subtitle must match the movie file name extactly. Eg. for Movie-2010.avi the subtitle must be named Movie-2010.srt
Also, you must make sure that the .srt text file is encoded in UTF-8. An ANSI text file will not be recognized.
I found the easiest way to make them the correct format is to open them on a windows computer with Notepad and use "save as" and select the UTF-8 when saving the file.

the illuminati
02-12-2010, 05:41 AM
I have to agree that the picture is excellent on the Sony Bravia. It's surprining that LGs are giving problems, they are generally quite good quality TVs.

come on the TV brand has nothing to do with picture quality ..
i have a 40 inch sony bravia full HD and the hd channels are very bad
on my az prenium

one suggested us to buy a new tuner now new tv s

satdish101
02-12-2010, 06:21 AM
For those who have edited the bootup file for video resolution, has anyone tried 1080p? I made the edit however after E2 boots up, it still appears to be running at 720p and "1080p" is not an option under the video setttings section. Also, under the AV settings, the video options are YPrPb, DVI, DVI-PC, SCART. Is HDMI considered DVI? Currently, there is no option for 1080p output under the video options menus. Maybe this can be updated/added in a later build?

Image quality is definitely better on SD channels and looks different on HD channels although not sure its better. For whatever reason, the image is darker with E2 than factory firmware and needs more brightness.

*****update****
I managed to edit bootup to 1080p leaving it set for PAL and E2 boots up fine at 1080p. For whatever reason, E2 will not startup at 1080p if file edited for NTSC. I suspect some of the judder I am seeing on HD channels is the frequency difference between PAL and NTSC although would like to figure out how to configure E2 for 1080p NTSC to confirm. As I mentioned above, even when E2 is outputting 1080p, there is no 1080p setting option in the AV settings/video options and there is no HDMI listed. As best as I can tell, the video settings module is incomplete.

gadgeteer
02-12-2010, 07:52 AM
@The_Ripper and team.

hfmls

I definitely agree that COG(wheel of death) problem must be the supreme priority to solve :respect-049: :respect-049:

bevste
02-12-2010, 09:06 AM
Premium HD
Conexiant tuner
fw. 1.02
SD pictures as before
HD pictures poor on sky Italia and Sky uk and pretty much all i can receive!
Have altered resolution in bootup file with no real change in quality, for me better considerably in previous release!
clock runs accurate in standby but starts to go wrong when watching tv!
epg works ( only XMLTV )and seems to populate Graphical multi EPG as long as you add line to enigma2.sh file as in earlier post!
Mp3 files play well in media player but not much luck with my movie files some play ok (avi ) but not many!
Seem to be more sound problems than last release res button does not always solve problem.
ccam works very well as client.
Unfortunately for me this has been two steps forward and three steps back, i can guess with the variants involved this will be a bitch to solve but keep up the good work guys I know it will get there!:respect-069:

xhzbx
02-12-2010, 09:29 AM
ok

VFL
02-12-2010, 09:32 AM
i Test all it more better then befor all work fine for me on Astra have sound good now thnak RTI TEAM only one thing where is Option Channel for sky sport info or Syk selecet then Option button

card i dindt test

massimo1167
02-12-2010, 10:34 AM
I can't understand why people continue to post everything about Azbox in only one thread, maybe people try to establish a new world record of max post in the same thread...

I'd like to fix some points:
1) This thread is unreadable, why don't open new thread for each new release?
2) Why don't post bug feedback to official bug Tracking (here (http://www.azbox-enigma.eu/bugtrac/)) ?
3) Remember Bug tracking is a tool for developers to solve bug that they are able to reproduce, so we must supply all the information and not only a generic error, bug or Feature request.
To post in Bug tracking place, there are some guideline to follow as described by pr2 (here (http://forum.azbox-enigma.eu/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=426))
4) I think, there is still much code to write or modify to achieve an acceptable version, but the road was mapped out, we still have a little patience, without losing the optimism at the end we will have a better decoder.

brombeer
02-12-2010, 11:00 AM
@satdish101

Further I see both good and bad results in HD channels, 23,5 Canaldigitaal for example has issues on HD channel picture quality. Also on these channels there is a sound problem, some HD channels have no sound , moving between channels does not resolve this.

Here te same(P+) after reinstall /trying to reinstall newe firmware every time gren screens after problems with the internet (dns foult)i resettet router en computers working on it and the azbox did it very well strange but treu.

Is it a network problem?? i dont now???

Moi Brombeer.

richy18
02-12-2010, 12:47 PM

Does anybody read the test results here????
Your problem is not new - you'll find the solution here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showpost.php?p=771637&postcount=3192

richy18
02-12-2010, 12:50 PM
@satdish101

Does anybody read the test results here????
This problem is not new - you'll find the solution here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showpost.php?p=771637&postcount=3192

richy18
02-12-2010, 12:56 PM
I too did a factory reset after installing E2 and I also get the green screen crash / reboot loop.

Same for your problem - it is not new - you'll find the solution here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showpost.php?p=771637&postcount=3192

I think this thread is to big... many users lost overview...

richy18
02-12-2010, 01:05 PM
@massimo1167

I agree with you. This thread is too big. Many user looses overview and we have to reply the same questions again and again.

I suggest ONE new thread per Revision. E.G. a new thread related to 1.0.2

Posting bugs to bugtracker AND to testing-thread is ok for me because this is the way to inform the new user. Not everyone has the skill and the patience to use bugtracker. IMHO bugtracker is the tool for developers and the board is the tool for users. We should leave the pitch.

I can't understand why people continue to post everything about Azbox in only one thread, maybe people try to establish a new world record of max post in the same thread...

I'd like to fix some points:
1) This thread is unreadable, why don't open new thread for each new release?
2) Why don't post bug feedback to official bug Tracking (here (http://www.azbox-enigma.eu/bugtrac/)) ?
3) Remember Bug tracking is a tool for developers to solve bug that they are able to reproduce, so we must supply all the information and not only a generic error, bug or Feature request.
To post in Bug tracking place, there are some guideline to follow as described by pr2 (here (http://forum.azbox-enigma.eu/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=426))
4) I think, there is still much code to write or modify to achieve an acceptable version, but the road was mapped out, we still have a little patience, without losing the optimism at the end we will have a better decoder.

Ceaser
02-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Same for your problem - it is not new - you'll find the solution here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showpost.php?p=771637&postcount=3192

I think this thread is to big... many users lost overview...

I agree , this thread is getting too big. Many users, myself included getting lost with all these posts regarding the differant issues relating to each E2 release. There is no structure in place ............

Thankyou for the solution though.

cjjdool
02-12-2010, 01:32 PM
@richy18

You seem to jump to conclusions I did read the threads and did see the posting pointing to a missing file. As it did not mention a model AND people asking to confirm if others see the same problem, I see nothing wrong with the reply.
Further more it ALSO provided some other test results on Dutch HD channels on Astra 23,5 (NED1, NED2 etc) with picture and sound problems.

eppie
02-12-2010, 02:37 PM

Your also posting in this thread :respect-050:
And yes let´s go for a new world record :cup-006:

ebro
02-12-2010, 02:40 PM
2 new threads created, for 1.0.1 and 1.0.2. Let's see if anyone uses them.