PDA

View Full Version : Enigma 2 by The_ripper - TEST -

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

T0rca1950
05-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Hello,

I returned to the previous published em8634dvb.ko upgrade (lost somewhere in this too long thread). Do a scan to get the channels.

Put the Azbox into standy.

Replace the em8634dvb.ko with the latest one, reboot it and then I can watch the Hotbird FTA channels.

But indeed with this driver, clock is not set, no EPG.
I feel also that the DiseqC is not really working but i will further investigate this point.

Pr2

Reinstalled it following this steps and it works now. EPG works too. :respect-048:

NodiSa
05-10-2010, 08:13 PM
Video E2 on AzBox
************************> Link (http://satforum.biz/azbox/e2-by-mower-na-azbox-hd-test/msg61224/#msg61224)

DragontearS
05-10-2010, 09:56 PM
ok.. it's possible that we have a differet tuner? Because I can't see fta eve if I pray in other languages... I can make a photo of my tuner and post it if U want!!

[0_o]
05-10-2010, 10:19 PM
btw... I have to ask if somebody tested some radio channels?? Should work too, right? :)

@NodiSa, thanks for the video. There we can see all working nicely, with some little bugs (like team said), but in general zapping seems great, maybe faster than a DM800 (i cant compare, i dont have any DMM receiver).

Carp95
05-10-2010, 10:24 PM
;755828']\ (i cant compare, i dont have any DMM receiver).

You lucky bastard:respect-055:

But indeed it's as fast as a dm800 on fta no problem there @all

[0_o]
05-10-2010, 10:30 PM
You lucky bastard:respect-055:

But indeed it's as fast as a dm800 on fta no problem there @all

My only DMM receiver was a DM5620! eheh
Isnt working anymore (due a problem in power source), but who knows if I set it up again :p

Subtitles and 2nd audio channels seems working great too :)

damo
05-10-2010, 10:40 PM
would be interesting to have a dualboot, via usb. Is it possible?

The_Ripper
06-10-2010, 12:59 AM
Guys , who want to change HDMI resolution to 1080 must do it manual over /etc/init.d/bootup script, edit it , you will find line

insmod /lib/modules/2.6.22.19-19-the_ripper/extra/em8634dvb.ko options="-analog -f PAL_BG -digital -f HDMI_720p50 -hdmi_chip SiI9030 0 14 15 100 0"

pls change HDMI_720p50 in the line to one of this ,
HDMI_1080p50
HDMI_1080p23
HDMI_1080p24
HDMI_1080p25
HDMI_1080p29
HDMI_1080p30
save and restart

hfmls
06-10-2010, 01:01 AM
sweettt :) 1080p 50 and 24:D

The_Ripper did u find the "problem" in new driver that doesn't do channel scan ok anymore?
will we have update soon?

Thank you so much for your work.
Keep it coming

The_Ripper
06-10-2010, 02:36 AM
@hfmls
PID section filtering is broken, will fix it

hfmls
06-10-2010, 02:47 AM
thank you for your quick answer.
about scrambled channels, do u know +/- an estimated time to finish? (i'm not pushing, just asking, take your time)

halabessa
06-10-2010, 03:05 AM
Hello everybody,

After replacing old em8634dvb old driver with new one.........
got after first reboot: FTA first channel: only sound as mentioned (az bug)then zap to another one..... then got most of FTA channels working with audio & video.
Then later............................ ...... ONLY audio & NO video on FTA.
So I did a reboot.................... then got this message on screen:
"No data on transponder" "Timeout reading PAT"......??????

Would anyone please tell what to do to get back audio & video?
Thank you

xanadu
06-10-2010, 07:52 AM
I am looking forward to Premium Plus version.. :)

Hopefully not too long to wait? :bravo-009:

DragontearS
06-10-2010, 10:01 AM
nice.. guys, the_ripper is working for us. when the problem will be solved He will tell us I think. Nobody is pushing to him, but.. the result is the same even the questions are proposed in a different tone..
We don't have a stable driver working for everybody on FTA, and I think for softness isn't right to ask about scrambled channels don't you think? One step a time. When fta will be fixed and stable we will proceed to the next step. the_ripper and the development team are working to make a COMPLETE porting of ALL functionality of E2 on azbox so, Dvb-t, dvb-c, scrambled, mediaplayer, plugins, cccam etc will be fixed when will be their turn. And in the near future it WILL be. They are working also by night and i think the minimum thing we can do is to wait with patience because they have done in 6 months more than opensat has done in 2 years. So one thing: very special thanks to the_ripper and others of the team for your massive work from italy (the button 'thanks' wasn't enough).
Federico.

[0_o]
06-10-2010, 10:41 AM
nice.. guys, the_ripper is working for us. when the problem will be solved He will tell us I think. Nobody is pushing to him, but.. the result is the same even the questions are proposed in a different tone..
We don't have a stable driver working for everybody on FTA, and I think for softness isn't right to ask about scrambled channels don't you think? One step a time. When fta will be fixed and stable we will proceed to the next step. the_ripper and the development team are working to make a COMPLETE porting of ALL functionality of E2 on azbox so, Dvb-t, dvb-c, scrambled, mediaplayer, plugins, cccam etc will be fixed when will be their turn. And in the near future it WILL be. They are working also by night and i think the minimum thing we can do is to wait with patience because they have done in 6 months more than opensat has done in 2 years. So one thing: very special thanks to the_ripper and others of the team for your massive work from italy (the button 'thanks' wasn't enough).
Federico.

I agree so much with you!
They are doing the best job :bowing-036:

hfmls
06-10-2010, 10:45 AM
yes, you're right. :)
I'm just glad The_Ripper mentioned he knew what the problem was, certainly it will be fixed pretty soon.
Thank you The_Ripper.

hfmls
06-10-2010, 10:46 AM
yes, you're right. :)
I'm just glad The_Ripper mentioned he knew what the problem was, certainly it will be fixed pretty soon.
Thank you The_Ripper.

RogerThis
06-10-2010, 11:15 AM
28.2e is working on fta, just ftp a e2 chan list, change tuner confiration to show 28.2 then zap ,wow very quick .
thankyou to the whole team
this is for u guys :number-one-043:
best regards simon
we got e2 yiiiiiiiii haaaaaaaaaaaaa

Could somebody please post a dreamboxedit e2 chan list for 28.2e?

I haven't a dm800, so I not able to get it working.

T0rca1950
06-10-2010, 11:43 AM
For all people that get errors after replacing the driver.

Every time i restart the box i simply can't open RAI 1 on hotbird or any other italian channel. Then i go to HRT1 (croatian national television, viva Croatia :hurray:) and the sound starts to work, then i switch to HRT2 and back to HRT1 again and i get the picture. After that i can watch any other FTA channel on Hotbird.

A bit stupid but worth a try. :D

hfmls
06-10-2010, 11:45 AM
Yes, MickeyRSA already told that first FTA only sound works, after that all is ok.

DragontearS
06-10-2010, 12:30 PM
For all people that get errors after replacing the driver.

Every time i restart the box i simply can't open RAI 1 on hotbird or any other italian channel. Then i go to HRT1 (croatian national television, viva Croatia :hurray:) and the sound starts to work, then i switch to HRT2 and back to HRT1 again and i get the picture. After that i can watch any other FTA channel on Hotbird.

A bit stupid but worth a try. :D

RAI1 is non an FTA channel.On 13.0E rai1 is with tivusat provider or skyitaly. The first is a nagra protection, the 2nd videoguard. We are not so stupid :D, we now what is fta and what not. I tried ALL the channel list and i get always the same error......

MoRpHiUS_x
06-10-2010, 12:47 PM
RAI1 is non an FTA channel.On 13.0E rai1 is with tivusat provider or skyitaly. The first is a nagra protection, the 2nd videoguard. We are not so stupid :D, we now what is fta and what not. I tried ALL the channel list and i get always the same error......

RAI1 in Hotbird now is FTA in this frequency 11766 MHz.

Screenshot.

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/7049/rai1fta.th.jpg (http://img541.imageshack.us/i/rai1fta.jpg/)

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/3227/rai1fta2.th.jpg (http://img580.imageshack.us/i/rai1fta2.jpg/)

In second Screenshot, Clear is equal Open.
http://yfrog.com/f1rai1ftaj

DragontearS
06-10-2010, 01:52 PM
RAI1 in Hotbird now is FTA in this frequency 11766 MHz.

Screenshot.

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/7049/rai1fta.th.jpg (http://img541.imageshack.us/i/rai1fta.jpg/)

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/3227/rai1fta2.th.jpg (http://img580.imageshack.us/i/rai1fta2.jpg/)

In second Screenshot, Clear is equal Open.
http://yfrog.com/f1rai1ftaj

ok you're right, this is correct. I have to explain my answer: RAI channels are NOT fta like others. They are hybrids, they're fta almost everytime, but not always, sometimes they become scrambled for soccer match etc.. so they aren't the best channels to test fta reception. If you check king of sat page you'll se under 'codifica' for example for RAI UNO (11766.00V)

In chiaro - FTA
Mediaguard
Nagravision 3

Because it uses one of these in different moments..

T0rca1950
06-10-2010, 03:50 PM

Im saying when i reboot that i can't open any italian FTA channel. Only croatian HRT1 that is a hybrid just like RAI1. And AFTER i open HRT1 other italian FTA channels are working just fine. Don't know why is that so. :confused:

We are not so stupid :D, we now what is fta and what not.
I didn't itended to offend you or anyone else, wanted just to help.
Like you said, RAI1 is opened 99.9999% of time. So it's more FTA than not. ;)

vikino
06-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Hi, many thanks and reverence for the creator of E2 Azbox HD. Good luck for the early operation of encrypted programs.
Today I upgraded to my AZBOX E2 and I have the following observations:
I'm not going-HD programs
-Sometimes not start sound, I need to switch up and down to catch
-System as a whole is fast enough, but sometimes there are "cog wheel" - system works.
My question:
-Work is to support wifi connection for premium?

Once again many thanks and respect for the creator of E2 on Azbox HD. :respect-040:

halabessa
06-10-2010, 06:29 PM
Hi everyone,

Attached the latest update of a E2 channel list..... Thanks to Catseye.
Just extract the file attached then FTP all files to STB under this directory:
/etc/enigma2

Hope it will serve the problem for the em8634dvb new driver
:respect-055:

MV_BEST
06-10-2010, 07:45 PM
anyone from the team.Just for information.Did you get or do you get any help from opensat?

hfmls
06-10-2010, 07:48 PM
even if they did, they wouldn't say i think :) but who cares.

MV_BEST
06-10-2010, 07:58 PM
even if they did, they wouldn't say i think :) but who cares.I totally agree with you,but I can't understand why we don't have an official firmware for such a long time(even buggy).All of us we have to be wait for the team and give them all the time they need,without any silly questions.The people are working to give joy,to customers they bought a product that the ofiicial company rejected all the support..I thing opensat has to give them all the tools they need to make enigma 2 full for our box (pr2 ??).That's my opinion.

hfmls
06-10-2010, 08:15 PM
they're working in a firmware from scratch...

but they know they will get many € from enigma2...and our attentions are to enigma2 now, that's why they think this was their "timming" to start.

cimkaya
06-10-2010, 08:19 PM

Are you sure this firmware from scratch is not E2 ? ;)

hfmls
06-10-2010, 08:23 PM
yeah..besides some admin said it many times in original forum. but my advice is not to buy or keep azbox expecting their promises ....

MV_BEST
06-10-2010, 08:26 PM
How are you so sure?did they announce anything?I didn't see any thing official.

hfmls
06-10-2010, 08:29 PM
no they didn't.. Fatgiant only said it a couple of times in original forum and via Pm some stuff i can't remember now.

Also some other stuff i can't remember.
Either way, don't get your hopes too high..could take 3 months..could take a year...Could be never , with opensat.

back on topic :)

tx0
06-10-2010, 08:30 PM
I wish it will be Azbox with QNX system. they use it on satellites lol

cimkaya
06-10-2010, 08:46 PM
To be honest I like very much the look and feel of the original firmware. If it was stable enough and had fast zapping I would keep it...

Carp95
06-10-2010, 08:54 PM
no they didn't.. Fatgiant only said it a couple of times in original forum and via Pm some stuff i can't remember now.

Also some other stuff i can't remember.
Either way, don't get your hopes too high..could take 3 months..could take a year...Could be never , with opensat.

back on topic :)

back off topic

Hmmm I don't think OpenSAT is paying newly hired coders for nothing:respect-020:

back on topic:cheers2:

VFL
06-10-2010, 10:31 PM
the_ripper i have one question

it will possibile when i have extren DVD or bluray USB playable or anything DVD-Play with VOB format. it will good when bluray in USB playing so i dont need buy Bluray-player that i want to know!

hfmls
07-10-2010, 12:05 AM
for sure it would be possible.
but that comes with time VFL, it could take a while , but why not?

But i think their priorities now is to make it the most bugfree possible, and stable.
:) After that mower will release everything including sourcecode as he said.

And all users can do this and that to help out.

chrissat
07-10-2010, 07:55 AM
It would really help if we could stop asking the developers questions like

"Will E2 do this" "Will E2 support this" "when will this be ready" etc

E2 has come a long way thanks to Ripper and Co but it is still at a relatively early stage.

What is crucial now is the basics, ensuring a stable platform.

I know this is exciting, but we need to stop looking so far ahead and support the developers rather than taking up their time with our questions on things that will be worked on in the future.

Helpful:

Testing the Beta they put out and providing feedback, both positive and also highlighting any problems.

unhelpful:

Focusing on things that they are yet to work on. Give them time and concentrate on where we are at. This way we can ensure we are helping make the best E2 possible for the Azbox.

You can rest assured that we will be informed of new developments as and when they are ready.

cro1969
07-10-2010, 12:23 PM
ok guys please forgive me im a newbie at this so dont get angry if i ask silly questions,seeing all your posts means that a e2 on the azbox is a good thing so im all for that.So my question is this with this e2 could i get oscam server reading my card or is it too early to tell??as im only new to this box i dont want to stuff it up so would an e2 expert please tell me if its good to upload the e2 into my azboxhd or is it better to hold off a little longer????PS im glad there are guys out there willing to give up their time with fixing the faults with this box.

hfmls
07-10-2010, 12:34 PM
yes, you will be able to use oscam to read card.

arcibald
07-10-2010, 12:38 PM
This is not a full working version (FTA tuner test only).
So ... wait until they release a stable & complete version!

:respect-054:

DragontearS
07-10-2010, 12:48 PM
ok guys please forgive me im a newbie at this so dont get angry if i ask silly questions,seeing all your posts means that a e2 on the azbox is a good thing so im all for that.So my question is this with this e2 could i get oscam server reading my card or is it too early to tell??as im only new to this box i dont want to stuff it up so would an e2 expert please tell me if its good to upload the e2 into my azboxhd or is it better to hold off a little longer????PS im glad there are guys out there willing to give up their time with fixing the faults with this box.

just ONE post before yours we asked not to ask something like this.. Have you read before post or have you just read title? this is a testing concept version...

Carp95
07-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Yes, put pictures here, we dont want to register on other forums ! :D

No need they are starting OSCAM through telnet and see it logging in.
Also ECM's are send but no picture:p

We know why and The_Ripper already answered them

If you start CCcam through telnet you probebly will see the same I didn't even tested it because I know there's a job to do

Still for the team:respect-067::respect-067:

crazy2
07-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Mgcamd ecm ok.No Channel decode.

cimkaya
07-10-2010, 09:18 PM
Hello,

Did anyone test 1080p? Having a premium plus I can't test myself.
Does it have an effect on zapping?

Thanks,

cimkaya

zeini
07-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Guys , who want to change HDMI resolution to 1080 must do it manual over /etc/init.d/bootup script, edit it , you will find line

insmod /lib/modules/2.6.22.19-19-the_ripper/extra/em8634dvb.ko options="-analog -f PAL_BG -digital -f HDMI_720p50 -hdmi_chip SiI9030 0 14 15 100 0 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting** ************0 14 15 100 0******end_of_the_skype_highlight ing begin_of_the_skype_highlighting** ************0 14 15 100 0******end_of_the_skype_highlight ing"

pls change HDMI_720p50 in the line to one of this ,
HDMI_1080p50
HDMI_1080p23
HDMI_1080p24
HDMI_1080p25
HDMI_1080p29
HDMI_1080p30
save and restart

Would it also be possible in future to have native resolution? With native resolution I mean automatic detection of the sent / present resolution + automatic switching in this original-format (native-mode)!

kanber_kav
07-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Mgcamd ecm ok.No Channel decode.

CCcam ecm ok. No channel decode. (view no video)

dvb CA device not run :(

[0_o]
07-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Hello,

Did anyone test 1080p? Having a premium plus I can't test myself.
Does it have an effect on zapping?

Thanks,

cimkaya

Yea... its a good question and a good test to do. :)

cimkaya
07-10-2010, 10:00 PM
CCcam ecm ok. No channel decode. (view no video)

dvb CA device not run :(

<Turkish>Hoca,
kartlami? paylasimlami?
</Turkish>

<English>
Tested with integrated cam or sharing?
</English>

kanber_kav
07-10-2010, 10:15 PM
<Turkish>Hoca,
kartlami? paylasimlami?
</Turkish>

<English>
Tested with integrated cam or sharing?
</English>
CCcam zaten paylaşım olarak çalışıyor.
Ama bende kanalıda decode ediyor tmp deki ecm.info ve ecm0.infoda kanalı decode ettiğini yazıyor ama dvb driver de eksiklik var sanırım ca sürüscüsü çalışmıyor o çalışsa kanalı gösterecek. oscam,mgcamd dede aynı sorun var. kanalı decode ediyor ama görüntü gelmiyor.

/dev/dvb/adapter0/ca0 aygıtı çalışmadıgı için yada eksik yazıldgı için görüntü ekrana gelmiyor.

cimkaya
07-10-2010, 10:23 PM
CCcam zaten paylaşım olarak çalışıyor.
Ama bende kanalıda decode ediyor tmp deki ecm.info ve ecm0.infoda kanalı decode ettiğini yazıyor ama dvb driver de eksiklik var sanırım ca sürüscüsü çalışmıyor o çalışsa kanalı gösterecek. oscam,mgcamd dede aynı sorun var. kanalı decode ediyor ama görüntü gelmiyor.

/dev/dvb/adapter0/ca0 aygıtı çalışmadıgı için yada eksik yazıldgı için görüntü ekrana gelmiyor.

Just translating:

CCcam is for sharing. I can see the channel is being decoded in ecm.info and in ecm0.info but I can't get video. It seems something is missing in dvb driver otherwise we should have video. It seems there is the same issue with oscam and mgcam.

/dev/dvb/adapter0/ca0 does not work correctly apparently.

BIGIFA
08-10-2010, 12:15 AM
Just translating:

CCcam is for sharing. I can see the channel is being decoded in ecm.info and in ecm0.info but I can't get video. It seems something is missing in dvb driver otherwise we should have video. It seems there is the same issue with oscam and mgcam.

/dev/dvb/adapter0/ca0 does not work correctly apparently.

"just answering your translation"

noone said it would its a FTA IMAGE , we are still in alpha testing not even beta stop asking questions about chit that is not even declared as supported . please understand the procces of development ????

The_Ripper
08-10-2010, 12:21 AM
@all
2 parts are missing in drivers, CA device part of DVB driver and attaching audio/video pid to Sigma DVBCSA decoding.

Just to tell, CA device part of DVB driver is finished ...
Pending second part ...

[0_o]
08-10-2010, 12:40 AM
WOW! Great @The_Ripper. Thanks for the update. :)

can I just ask you a little thing?
is about you told. attaching audio/video pid to Sigma DVBCSA decoding is for what really?

Thanks once again (i will say this until you cant hear no more thanks!) :D

:)

hfmls
08-10-2010, 03:09 AM
muhahaha, The_Ripper you're the man :)

Next driver/release we're gonna be able to scan channels/open fta/and scrambled using mgcamd,oscam,cccam,mbox

mipsel. :) so great.

thank you for all

hfmls
08-10-2010, 03:14 AM
;756516']WOW! Great @The_Ripper. Thanks for the update. :)

can I just ask you a little thing?
is about you told. attaching audio/video pid to Sigma DVBCSA decoding is for what really?

Thanks once again (i will say this until you cant hear no more thanks!) :D

:)

i think one thing it could fix is channel scan, so we're able to scan channels again.

correct if i'm wrong...and sorry if i am.

cimkaya
08-10-2010, 04:55 AM
"just answering your translation"

noone said it would its a FTA IMAGE , we are still in alpha testing not even beta stop asking questions about chit that is not even declared as supported ,please understand the procces of development ????

Please M8, stay polite, I don't remember being impolite with you.
Please read again my post. do you see any question mark?
It is just a test report.
And now, thanks to The_Ripper and Kanber_kav :bravo-009:, we know that encryption decoding already works.
So we are not far from having an image working with fta and scrambled channels..

hfmls
08-10-2010, 05:45 AM
anyone tested internal card reader yet?
i forgot that. how is the situation?

NodiSa
08-10-2010, 07:51 AM
Yes, put pictures here, we dont want to register on other forums ! :D
Promised photos - NodiSa panel v0.2

NodiSa - panel, the E2 by Mower...

System-Information

NodiSa
08-10-2010, 07:54 AM
- Image-Info
- NodiSa Panel Info
- Accessories
- Ping Test
- Restart Reboot
etc...

Regards

eppie
08-10-2010, 08:31 AM
I see on your foto´s subtitle player from dd (one off the best plugin for my Dm) is this working ?
Hope to test soon with premium+ !

hfmls
08-10-2010, 08:45 AM
and it begins :)
something says to me this is gonna have huge support.
(enigma 2 in azbox hd) better machine then dm800. several tuners. full codec support.
we can't expect nothing but awesomeness from The_Ripper and team :)

DragontearS
08-10-2010, 09:54 AM
anyone tested internal card reader yet?
i forgot that. how is the situation?

It's simple: the use of the reader is left to oscam etc.. they use a driver inside their code for doing this. They expect commands from tuner and send results back to it to decode and tuner will send images to videocard. This 2 comunications are made with the 2 modules ca and sigma and the ripper is working on them. So the card reader is the only thing we can forget for now. If The_ripper will fix ca and sigma it will work automatically I think. :respect-055:

sattommy
08-10-2010, 10:29 AM
It's simple: the use of the reader is left to oscam etc.. they use a driver inside their code for doing this. They expect commands from tuner and send results back to it to decode and tuner will send images to videocard. This 2 comunications are made with the 2 modules ca and sigma and the ripper is working on them. So the card reader is the only thing we can forget for now. If The_ripper will fix ca and sigma it will work automatically I think. :respect-055:

No i don't think so. There need to be a driver for the card reader. So oscam, ccam etc can use it. I don't think this driver is written yet, and I think it has a low prio.

DragontearS
08-10-2010, 11:37 AM
No i don't think so. There need to be a driver for the card reader. So oscam, ccam etc can use it. I don't think this driver is written yet, and I think it has a low prio.

This is what I know, if I'm wrong I'm always happy to learn new things! ;)

pr2
08-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Hello,

Don't you think that it is really time to stop asking so many (stupid) questions.

Each time something is implemented in the E2 current "kernel" it is clearly mentioned by the team behind it (The_Ripper, MickeySA, @Telesat,...).

So don't you think that when additional features / devices will be supported they will ask us to test them?

This thread is already 54 pages and all the interesting information are summarised here (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=139902) by Massimo1167 and, guess what, it is only 1 page long!

I know that some here like to always make posts, making feel that they have informations or that they know something when they don't, just to have their post counter increasing and then having their status changing.

I don't understand why the E2 team don't have their own writing post section here where they publish relevant informations and then force people (that won't have access to the reserved E2 section) to create their own thread to ask (stupid) questions, that we can skip more easily.

Today we are obliged to fly over all the posts in this never ending thread just to be sure that we don't miss an information from the real E2 developers.

So please just test what the Team ask us to test and stop always asking or chatting on stuff that will or will not come in the future releases. Believe me that the team know what they have to do with E2, they don't need us to tell them what to do.

Pr2

kebien
08-10-2010, 01:07 PM
and it begins :)
something says to me this is gonna have huge support.
(enigma 2 in azbox hd) better machine then dm800. several tuners. full codec support.
we can't expect nothing but awesomeness from The_Ripper and team :)

No is not,so far the hardware have not proven better than DM800.
You forgot the many months you are suffering shortcomings??
Meanwhile,DM800 has been working without a hiccup all this time,so what's better hardware after all?
Not sure why you have to lie to show your sympathy to azbox.
For example,I am using DM800 with two tuners (dvb-s2 and dvb-s)
I believe E2 is an alternative to this box,but is going to take a while until it reach higher grounds.
Please measure yourself,sometimes your enthusiasm pushes you over the edge.
Just a friendly advice

rtificial
08-10-2010, 01:09 PM
i think one thing it could fix is channel scan, so we're able to scan channels again.

correct if i'm wrong...and sorry if i am.

Well, actually as far as I understand, this would be the part for encryption/decryption of streams.

The CA device driver which according to The_Ripper was finished is the driver for CA modules or the cardreader.

Please correct me if I'm wrong :-) I'm also just a n00b ;-)

hfmls
08-10-2010, 01:13 PM
i didn't say any lie.i have the right to have my opinion. and my opinion is that azbox is better machine than dm800, or it will be with the correct software/firmware.
the ability to have native dvbapi and all emus like a dreambox and full codec support, is a + + for me.i have the right to have my enthusiasm. and i am right when i say it's better machine, just for example, the ammount of clines u can have in cccam is completely supperior to the ones u can have in dm800. but i don't want to go that way, I'll be offtopic too much.

I'll respect PR2 and stop posting answers to which sometimes i don't know the answer for sure.

jimrare
08-10-2010, 01:30 PM
No is not,so far the hardware have not proven better than DM800.
You forgot the many months you are suffering shortcomings??
Meanwhile,DM800 has been working without a hiccup all this time,so what's better hardware after all?
Not sure why you have to lie to show your sympathy to azbox.
For example,I am using DM800 with two tuners (dvb-s2 and dvb-s)
I believe E2 is an alternative to this box,but is going to take a while until it reach higher grounds.
Please measure yourself,sometimes your enthusiasm pushes you over the edge.
Just a friendly adviceAlso The_Ripper and a few others have already explained the cpu limitations which are causing all the Azbox problems. Good hardware comes without limitations! However if you want to minimise the cost you have to make such kind of trade-offs.

Users can understand who is lying and who is not, which posts are pure hype and which are not.

britzolas
08-10-2010, 03:16 PM
@PR2
Most of the times enthusiasm leads to exaggeration.
For the first time after 1,5+ year there is some enthusiasm about this box and it doesn't come from the one it should (opensat) but from a bunch of enthusiasts like The Ripper & the team. :respect-063:
So as you can see there is a lot of enthusiasm about this project and myself, as many others, can bear the exaggeration rather than the deadly silence and neglection of the official support...

cimkaya
08-10-2010, 04:56 PM
@PR2
Most of the times enthusiasm leads to exaggeration.
For the first time after 1,5+ year there is some enthusiasm about this box and it doesn't come from the one it should (opensat) but from a bunch of enthusiasts like The Ripper & the team. :respect-063:
So as you can see there is a lot of enthusiasm about this project and myself, as many others, can bear the exaggeration rather than the deadly silence and neglection of the official support...

Finally someone who's not trying to play to policeman and has understood what a forum is. Anybody can have his own idea of a forum. My definition of a forum is a place where people can discuss, participate, give their opinion on particular subject, exchange ideas etc...
So I prefer people discussing even off-topic than "deadly" silence.

@PR2
Many people including myself suggested to have a separate Thread for only E2 team to post, but MickeySA replied that the team had no time for that.

pr2
08-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Hi,

All I want is that people create their own thread in the forum and reserved this thread (or any new one) for the developers. I don't care to read every time the same remarks/questions in a thread that is normally there to give feedback on E2 development.

But this simple think some forum members cannot understand it, they prefer to use other people thread than creating their own one. So I am not censoring anybody, I just prefer to have clear threads with a right title and then keep discussing about the same subject in the same thread. Thisalso avoid to see 20 times the same question poping up in a very long thread.

And to clarify the situation one for all to everybody I am not an employee of Opensat I am just an end-user like you. It's not because I am moderator on the official board that I can speak in the name of Opensat, I am doing this for free.

So everything I write just reflect of my own personal opinion and not the one from Opensat. If you want a statement from Opensat ask Opensat, not me.

Pr2

P.S.: The_Ripper or MickeySA is it possible for you to create a new thread with E2, when you will have some news for us, to avoid to have a so long and the finally becoming useless thread.

jimrare
08-10-2010, 05:27 PM
I ran a simple script and found who are the enthusiasts in this thread. Check the picture attached

xanadu
08-10-2010, 05:32 PM
I ran a simple script and found who are the enthusiasts in this thread. Check the picture attached

Very nice, but has NOTHING to do with Enigma 2. :D

cimkaya
08-10-2010, 05:38 PM

Why not make a script to test zapping speed on E2 DM800 and on E2 Azbox.
So we could have a comparison... ;)

jimrare
08-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Why not make a script to test zapping speed on E2 DM800 and on E2 Azbox.
So we could have a comparison... ;)
Why do you need to compare the Azbox with the 800 or any other box? Get the datasheets, read them, put the boxes side by side,check the support and then compare them. Is this a comparison thread or a development one?

daleelis
08-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Hello,

Don't you think that it is really time to stop asking so many (stupid) questions.

Each time something is implemented in the E2 current "kernel" it is clearly mentioned by the team behind it (The_Ripper, MickeySA, @Telesat,...).

So don't you think that when additional features / devices will be supported they will ask us to test them?

This thread is already 54 pages and all the interesting information are summarised here (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=139902) by Massimo1167 and, guess what, it is only 1 page long!

I know that some here like to always make posts, making feel that they have informations or that they know something when they don't, just to have their post counter increasing and then having their status changing.

I don't understand why the E2 team don't have their own writing post section here where they publish relevant informations and then force people (that won't have access to the reserved E2 section) to create their own thread to ask (stupid) questions, that we can skip more easily.

Today we are obliged to fly over all the posts in this never ending thread just to be sure that we don't miss an information from the real E2 developers.

So please just test what the Team ask us to test and stop always asking or chatting on stuff that will or will not come in the future releases. Believe me that the team know what they have to do with E2, they don't need us to tell them what to do.

Pr2

holy words

DragontearS
08-10-2010, 10:52 PM
ok I tried to load a channel list.. enigma2 Vhannibal for 13E, but nothing changed.. I don't know why this difference between us. I'll try to re-download driver..

kebien
08-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Well,is not about to be a policeman,is about understanding where your place is.
Most people is tired of the hype from dealers,now we have to take it from users?
Please don't.

Likvid
08-10-2010, 11:30 PM
Even i can say the DM800 is a inferior box compared to Azbox.

I hated my Dm800, it was slow and sluggish after being on 30 minutes due to overheating, the CPU can't handle E2 well and stutters when running thru the menus fast.

And this was a original box.

Don't compare ANY box to DM800, DM800 is reall **** to be honest and people buys that **** because it says DREAMBOX and they all think everything is well.

Carp95
08-10-2010, 11:37 PM
Well,is not about to be a policeman,is about understanding where your place is.
Most people is tired of the hype from dealers,now we have to take it from users?
Please don't.

??? don't get this but I'am shure this is far off topic and it seems you feel fuc@#ed by your dealer.

Only advice find another one

buyukbang
09-10-2010, 12:27 AM
The winner's score is equal to the sum of next three opponents :) lol

**esp**
09-10-2010, 12:39 AM
Is Premium Plus version coming soon?

tx0
09-10-2010, 09:35 AM
@Likvid quite weird my dm800 handles all ok. It might be cause you have no CPU fan or bad designed skin. I cant say dm800 is worse or better than azbox. I have both of them and like both of them as well.
dm800 is 4 times smaller and always amazes people. :D

kebien
09-10-2010, 12:39 PM
??? don't get this but I'am shure this is far off topic and it seems you feel fuc@#ed by your dealer.

Only advice find another one

You don't get it because you are not following the thread,as simple as that.
Read again.

In my case I own 2 DM800 (plus a 7000 and a 7025) and also own 2 azbox elite
I sure can compare the two,and won't even mention it in this thread,but other people is talking insanely about DM800 shortcomings,the truth is,azbox NEVER worked at par of dreambox since I got them and countless posts in this section will tell you the same thing.
I didn't NEED to reboot the DM800 in over one year.I wore out the power button of the azbox's remote control already.
The proof is this thread is the HOPE that the box can work better using dreambox firmware than original firmware.
STOP TALKING ABOUT DM800,you know as little about E2 as before.
E2 never made a better unit off the Kathrein,did it?

The worst case is people talking about dvbapi and devices they know nothing about,and answering questions instead of developers.

Ok let's talk about dvbapi,what do you guys know about it?
Actually DVBAPI3 is the one E2 follows.
Can we talk about command set and implementation?
What can we talk about then?

DragontearS
09-10-2010, 04:25 PM
ok, maybe we are not all developers, but... if you would only publish news the better way would be a site not a forum, don't you think? it's clear if you write on a forum, that you have to accept also no0bies, comments, a little bit of ot, and everything that comes with it.. There is NO ONE if not a moderator that can tell someone else 'STOP talking about this' you can disagree with his words, but if you want to command just make your own site. I'm not disagreeing with your concept, but with your way to express it.. I also think we would talk about testing and not about hopes, but there are mods, let's them do their job..

Likvid
09-10-2010, 05:31 PM
STOP TALKING ABOUT DM800,you know as little about E2 as before.
E2 never made a better unit off the Kathrein,did it?

Yes you are right, i had both IPBOX9000 and Kathrein and they both run E2, problem is that they all run some half baked drivers that makes the image quality suffer, tuner problems etc etc....

Even if you get E2 running on AZ it will never be as good due to not having access to the right drivers that need to be implemented, it will be another IPBOX or kahtrein, but that's it.

Carp95
09-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Yes you are right, i had both IPBOX9000 and Kathrein and they both run E2, problem is that they all run some half baked drivers that makes the image quality suffer, tuner problems etc etc....

Even if you get E2 running on AZ it will never be as good due to not having access to the right drivers that need to be implemented, it will be another IPBOX or kahtrein, but that's it.

Thats crap!!

Just look @ used procs there's the difference!!

Azbox is mips, all the others are st7xxxx

hfmls
09-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Carp95 is right.
how can u say azbox will be like kathrein and ipbox !?
that's just ignorance.

you all should know by now azbox is mips and it will have (first box) full codec support in enigma2 too.

azbox will act like a dreambox clone in every expect, since it runs all mips bins.
oscam,cccam,mgcamd,mbox etc etc.

kathrein or ipbox will never get where azbox can get because of sh4 processors, and kind of bad drivers..

ps: so if i post too much? i'm not breaking any rule or insulting anyone, in fact all i do is try to help.
if u feel annoyed by the amount of my posts, please sir, don't read them.

cimkaya
09-10-2010, 06:59 PM
Thats crap!!

not quite m8 _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreambox

tsakman
09-10-2010, 07:14 PM
not quite m8 _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreambox

He means IPBOX9000 and Kathrein

500HD,7025,800HD and 8000 have mips

jimrare
09-10-2010, 07:15 PM
hfmls is right about one thing, that you cannot know how good it is going to perform untill you see it. There are a lot of aspects that you should take into account, such as the hardware, good coding.

For example one bad thing is that the Azbox cpu has to handle more tasks instead of having a dedicated chip handling them, thats why I am talking about hardware limitations. These limitation might still exist at the final release unless you come up with some clever coding making these limitations less noticeable.

On the other hand saying that cccam will run faster or with more c lines is also ignorant, because cccam is a piece of software and the max number of c lines you are able to run is something known only by the author. The number of c lines you have, does put some stress on the cpu, but i cannot tell you how much that is. I am sure that for normal use no-one will have any problems.

hfmls
09-10-2010, 07:20 PM
nop, i already tested many times cccam server in original firmware, also in enigma2 release.
acting as cccam server handles more cline than dm800. that's a fact.

original firmware or enigma2 The_Ripper's release.
But that's not newsflash :S
many owners know dm800 limitation to act as server.

digihoe
09-10-2010, 07:36 PM

Good thing that E2 is coded with the offical SDK then...

jimrare
09-10-2010, 07:46 PM
nop, i already tested many times cccam server in original firmware, also in enigma2 release.

Just because you say it doesnt make it a fact. Wait for the full E2 and not the test version you are using right now and then come back with your comparisons.

Also are you talking about f-lines, c-lines, both? Am i missing something about f-lines on the azbox? You say that every one knows about the dm800 c-line limitations, can you tell us what that number is because i have never seen an actual number? Is this related to the cpu or memory not beeing able to handle more c-lines or something else? If it is the memory then how much memory is needed?

If you know the answer then this makes your point of view a fact. I am pretty sure that you don't know the answer and neither do I.

DragontearS
09-10-2010, 07:51 PM

maybe I missunderstand... you mean that cccam is already in The_ripper release of e2? If this is a stupid question I'm sorry, I thought cccam was a program by itself, not a part of DM firmware others extruded...

Likvid
09-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Thats crap!!

Well SDK for STi is already out for the new ipbox9900 that runs E2 so that is not the problem.

Doesn't say a thing about how good it will be or not, only the future will.

kebien
09-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Carp95 is right.
how can u say azbox will be like kathrein and ipbox !?
that's just ignorance.

you all should know by now azbox is mips and it will have (first box) full codec support in enigma2 too.

azbox will act like a dreambox clone in every expect, since it runs all mips bins.
oscam,cccam,mgcamd,mbox etc etc.

kathrein or ipbox will never get where azbox can get because of sh4 processors, and kind of bad drivers..

ps: so if i post too much? i'm not breaking any rule or insulting anyone, in fact all i do is try to help.
if u feel annoyed by the amount of my posts, please sir, don't read them.

Is not about not posting,is about posting what's is necessary.
Azbox is not the same hardware and might not work the same way.
The fact is you do not even know how many demux azbox can deliver,can you?
How many in DM800?
How would you know if this aspect is the same or better?
Will you be able to watch,record and stream at the same time?
You need available demux to do all this,no?
Same goes for the CA device,need available demux to record encrypted channel,while watching other encrypted channel.
E2 allows more than that,but does azbox hardware let you do it?
Will be able to use Vtuner?? not even Vu duo is able to.
Also ,how would you know what kind of drivers azbox will get?
That's just ignorance from a newbie,plain and simple.
People do not need to hear hype about things you don't know.
You have to wait until you can test all things to say anything about it.
Stop talking about other boxes,this thread is NOT about DM800 (which by the way,is better than azbox in all aspects,always was,and maybe this development can prove it otherwise)
My azbox NEVER worked as well as DM800 here,that is a fact.
Did it work better for you?

I;m only asking users to be FAIR,if you do not like certain boxes that you don;t own,do not bring it to this section,this is E2 development thread,I like to hear developers telling me the things we will be able to do.

I also have the right to ask my fellows forum members to be cautious about what they post,and ask to be certain the information they are delivering is ACCURATE,which in this case,is NOT.
Nobody knows yet about what shortcomings E2 in azbox will have,and THIS IS THE VERY TRUE FACT.
Let developers inform us what those will be.

cimkaya
09-10-2010, 09:46 PM
Is not about not posting,is about posting what's is necessary.
Azbox is not the same hardware and might not work the same way.
The fact is you do not even know how many demux azbox can deliver,can you?
How many in DM800?
How would you know if this aspect is the same or better?
Will you be able to watch,record and stream at the same time?
You need available demux to do all this,no?
Same goes for the CA device,need available demux to record encrypted channel,while watching other encrypted channel.
E2 allows more than that,but does azbox hardware let you do it?
Will be able to use Vtuner?? not even Vu duo is able to.
Also ,how would you know what kind of drivers azbox will get?
That's just ignorance from a newbie,plain and simple.
People do not need to hear hype about things you don't know.
You have to wait until you can test all things to say anything about it.
Stop talking about other boxes,this thread is NOT about DM800 (which by the way,is better than azbox in all aspects,always was,and maybe this development can prove it otherwise)
My azbox NEVER worked as well as DM800 here,that is a fact.
Did it work better for you?

I;m only asking users to be FAIR,if you do not like certain boxes that you don;t own,do not bring it to this section,this is E2 development thread,I like to hear developers telling me the things we will be able to do.

I also have the right to ask my fellows forum members to be cautious about what they post,and ask to be certain the information they are delivering is ACCURATE,which in this case,is NOT.
Nobody knows yet about what shortcomings E2 in azbox will have,and THIS IS THE VERY TRUE FACT.
Let developers inform us what those will be.

Hello,

To be honest, My azbox never had the stability and the zapping speed of my old DM500. When my DM500 died, the only reason why I bought an azbox is that azbox could do 1080p upscaling and DM800 coud not (max 1080i, even the new DM800HD SE won't be able to do 1080p upscaling.).
As I wrote in previous post, azbox processor is a very good one for a mediaplayer (see popcornhour A-110), nobody knows for parallel processing.
If we want to compare the hardware, we need to wait to have a production quality E2 for azbox. And even in this case, the performances will depend on the driver quality.

leao6
09-10-2010, 10:21 PM
let the ****. already start with the same crap as always. ok who has the dream.
who has azbox ok. even before you leave something for the azbox already beginning to
dream (not the box). Dreaming is good but start with the same crap and **** wars
between brands is not. each has what he has. this was
goes well with the staff to report bugs. please leave the rest to
who knows. know wait and be calm.

jimrare
09-10-2010, 10:43 PM
the only reason why I bought an azbox is that azbox could do 1080p upscaling and DM800 coud not (max 1080i, even the new DM800HD SE won't be able to do 1080p upscaling.)I am sorry to say it, but you have been misled. The 800 can do 1080p, however as i already said, there is no need to compare any boxes as this is a development thread and not a comparison one.

kebien
09-10-2010, 10:54 PM
I agree,why in the hell someone has to talk about other boxes here?
Is it helpful?
I do not think so.

MickeySa
09-10-2010, 11:59 PM
I am so sorry that some "Dream" lovers will be dissapointed after new driver release ;)

Also, do not forget about DVB-API compatibility of SH4 platform ( Kathy, IPBox ( DGStation ) ).....

And obviously it is so good to see some "new"( old ) registered users posting comments about Enigma 2 on AzBox :)

Do not forget one thing that Sigma CPU is still more powerfull than a Broadcom CPU in DM 800, in a sense of handling high bitrate streams, wide support for all kind of codecs, which are missing on DM 800 and Broadcom inside of it....

kebien
10-10-2010, 12:04 AM
So,MickeySa,can't we be a bigamist and love them BOTH?
he he

hfmls
10-10-2010, 12:31 AM
Just because you say it doesnt make it a fact. Wait for the full E2 and not the test version you are using right now and then come back with your comparisons.

Also are you talking about f-lines, c-lines, both? Am i missing something about f-lines on the azbox? You say that every one knows about the dm800 c-line limitations, can you tell us what that number is because i have never seen an actual number? Is this related to the cpu or memory not beeing able to handle more c-lines or something else? If it is the memory then how much memory is needed?

If you know the answer then this makes your point of view a fact. I am pretty sure that you don't know the answer and neither do I.

all i know azbox can handle fine 40 to 50 flines and clines and dm800 can't.
at least the one i tested couldn't. it all starts to freeze and crash (at least 8 months ago was like this, dunno how it is now, but i think it remains the same)

just because u say i don't know this and that doesn't make it truth either!
instead of turning my test down, why don't you test it (like i did so i can support my opinion) and see for yourself that azbox can handle better more c/f lines.

but this is way offtopic ... mate i respect your opinion. but you gotta respect my tests too and my opinions too. anyway i would like to see someone test too, just to check if the problem still remains.

hfmls
10-10-2010, 12:36 AM
dm800 is perfect to watch tv.
azbox is ok to watch tv/good mediacenter.
cimkaya i believe azbox can handle 8 demux.
not sure, but once i had a conversation with the ripper, and he said it was dificul just because of hardware limitation. not impossible or he didn't even said performance will suffer for that.on the contrary.
when someone says "limitation", that doesn't mean that limit is gonna get used all the way or so.

anywaym cheers.

that said, please lets change subject for sake of this good thread.

sanic
10-10-2010, 07:27 AM
this is e2 development thred for azbox, Not to compare azbox and dream 800!!!!

tx0
10-10-2010, 07:45 AM
@MickeySa
> I am so sorry that some "Dream" lovers will be dissapointed after new driver release

I'll be really happy when az will get fully functional e2 what I can't get is that arrogance. y? mate its not about to disappoint somebody. All this hustle and bustle is about progress I guess.

DragontearS
10-10-2010, 10:44 AM
guys, I think that Dream 800 is an exellent box, and this does not exclude azbox can be the same, better or worst.. Maybe someone could not accept that a fw e2 COULD (this not means that it can) make another machine better than a dream (I'm not saying this is the case). Simply the dream must be better?? How old are you?? 5yo? I'm not saying az is better or would be better than a dream and this is not the topc where to answer to this question, but I think all this anger is unmotivated.

massimo1167
10-10-2010, 11:15 AM
I am so sorry that some "Dream" lovers will be dissapointed after new driver release ;)

these drivers are ready for distribution?

Instead, what is your prediction (in weeks) for the release of the first full distribution E2xAzBox?

bawin
10-10-2010, 11:32 AM
On that OPENSAT is behind all this does not think so. Why do all the drivers from scratch if OPENSAT are holding the original drivers that finished and I see no logic just my opinion and I do not want to upset anyone and misunderstandings. Our friend The_ripper and company are doing a great job and all controls from scratch.

OldSkul
10-10-2010, 05:14 PM

I would be careful with this statement. DM800HD has working recording (fta and scrambled channels), diseqc, timeshift, subtitles (encripted and fta), working cardreader, cccam works, etc. etc.

When AZ will have everything under the roof, then you will be able to say that. And then i will buy azbox too - again :)

jimrare
10-10-2010, 05:49 PM
@Oldskul
MickeySa is careful with his words, some others with little knowledge are not. He only said that the specific sigma chip supports more codecs compared to the specific broadcom chip used in the 800 and this is a fact. Datasheets don't lie.

Codecs of course are only one aspect of a system, cpu speed, cpu architecture, memories, controllers, good coding and I can continue with a lengthy list, are the other aspect. That makes it difficult to compare what is best and what is not. (unlike some enthusiastic users who already know the answer). The final result will only give you a hint, but then again why should you compare two different boxes if you are happy with what you have got?

New boxes hitting the market have already got better chips than the 800.

arcibald
10-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Why keep talking about the DM800. :smash:

This is a porting of Enigma 2 on Azbox HD.
We knows strengths and weaknesses of this embedded platform and we do not need comparisons with other brands of receivers.

The tests are made on this unit and if one does not feel satisfied can simply buy another device.

Bring this discussion on good way and ... if you want to talk about DMM, change on section board ...

Thanks

MickeySa
10-10-2010, 10:25 PM
I am so sorry that some users are stil sceptic about Enigma 2, as they are expecting everything to work NOW and NOW...

Idea was to give users step by step to test and see progress and work on Enigma 2 on AzBox, so we didnt say this is final version, or stable version or whatever linked to statement " working good ".

For that reaso we said, alpha, pre-beta, and for sure, we cannt at this stage compare DM 800 E2 and AzBox HD E2, like we cannot compare DM 800 E2 Multimedia with AzBox Official firmware Multimedia support, as on AzBox evidently it is working better than on dreambox 800 ( mkv and other various formats )...

@massimo1167

As soon as we make tests and decide what is stable and easy for users to update driver inside on AzBox it will go out, as we promissed before, we will not hide any steps in dev. of AzBox Enigma 2, and of course we will give announcment, info related to what is fixed or going to be fixed....

Also i dont know why some users are so scary to think about that even enigma 2 on AzBox HD in pre-alpha version is so stable, than Enigma 2 on other boxes, after one or more years of development.... Also did any of You expirienced Green error screen with report problem until now on AzBox running E2 ? I think NO :) Take it easy, and stop poisoning this thread, nobody wants any kind of conflict, as far as I understand this is hobby for all of us :)

MickeySa
10-10-2010, 10:40 PM
So,MickeySa,can't we be a bigamist and love them BOTH?
he he

Ha Ha

Yes we should always love DM 800 , to know why we really love AzBox HD, because it give us everything what the first one ( DM 800 ) don't have, or missing :) It's easy...

VFL
11-10-2010, 08:37 AM
I have buy 2nd hand HD Receiver it is ***** IPBOX 910 HD i saw the menü it looking like Azbox Engima 2 some boothing and some Display i have install firm from SWF-820-E2_v5.1.5R it some menü and some Tuner but dont know if hardware some or not. I seeing some Media player work too and CCcam it other name called Incubus it cccam emulator i testet it worked, maybe it will some on Azbox too. i want only inform u that i had now ipbox if u want see screen i will make screenshot!

i hope soon Azbox E2 done then i both like it

kooleracer
11-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Will there be a multicas for E2, or only cccam? Because with cccam some channels don't work with the different versions, but with multicas everything opens correct.

DragontearS
11-10-2010, 11:50 AM
Will there be a multicas for E2, or only cccam? Because with cccam some channels don't work with the different versions, but with multicas everything opens correct.

no... wait... are you serious? you can have oscam, cccam, sbox, mgcamd, and really want multicas?

kooleracer
11-10-2010, 11:53 AM
no... wait... are you serious? you can have oscam, cccam, sbox, mgcamd, and really want multicas?

I dont want i'm only asking if there will be a mutlicas for E2. Because i dont like swichting between the softcams every week. Because now sometimes 2.1.3 works better with sky but 2.1.4 works beter with other packes. And there is no devolpment for cccam. Multicas updates its softcam now and then, so you garantueed that new problems will be solved quickly.

leerock
11-10-2010, 11:57 AM

He means the "azbox version" of cccam...
not the native one....:)

@kooleracer
believe me
When cccam runs native on az just like on dream, you ll never look for multicas;)

4@@@@
11-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Is it possible to get a kernel which read a yamon value like boot_device?
In this case it would be possible to set this to /dev/hdb1 (boot from internal hdd) or /dev/sda1 for USB-Stick. At the moment it remounts /dev/hda1 as root after ramdisk is up.

I have heavy problems to boot the image direct from nfs or HDD without the ramfs. Some parts are not installing right like /dev and it is not possible to load the dvb module.

The_Ripper
11-10-2010, 12:43 PM
@4@@@@
I can add in my init script in ramdisk rootfs to check after mounting for example USB to see if /sbin/init exist and then to switch exec root from there and ofcourse to try /dev/hdb1 too.

I dont know why you having troubles booting ...

Likvid
11-10-2010, 12:47 PM
Hello,

To be honest, My azbox never had the stability and the zapping speed of my old DM500. When my DM500 died, the only reason why I bought an azbox is that azbox could do 1080p upscaling and DM800 coud not (max 1080i, even the new DM800HD SE won't be able to do 1080p upscaling.).
As I wrote in previous post, azbox processor is a very good one for a mediaplayer (see popcornhour A-110), nobody knows for parallel processing.
If we want to compare the hardware, we need to wait to have a production quality E2 for azbox. And even in this case, the performances will depend on the driver quality.

If drivers are selfmade from scratch it will fail as it's done on SH4 platform.

Bad picture quality, tuner lookups etc etc...

That's what i have said all the time, you are all dreamers.

Writing drivers from scratch will never be good as they can never perform as official drivers.

I hope you make it but i seem the same history repeats itself.

MIPS or not, who gives the **** when you don't have the official drivers.

4@@@@
11-10-2010, 01:00 PM
@The_Ripper: As a first try to use /dev/hdb1 would be great. I'm also in the 'dark' why it would not work right. I know that in the ufs910 world they need devinit as a kernel parameter (Helper app to populate the initial /dev directory with the required devices when they don't exist yet Call this instead of init to set up everything for the real init (using the init-commandline option of the linux kernel ) - I suppose the problem is there - devinit starts at the end init .If we boot tdt-openwrt we need /etc/preinit which do the same but more detailed.

I also miss /proc/progress which is very strange too.

numark0504
11-10-2010, 01:00 PM
- Image-Info
- NodiSa Panel Info
- Accessories
- Ping Test
- Restart Reboot
etc...

Regards

looks great, where can we download the pannel?

The_Ripper
11-10-2010, 02:03 PM
@Likvid
They never be the same as for DMM because as you said it's different chip and regarding SH4 different CPU architecture then BCM/Sigma.
DMM coders coded E2 app and BCM DVB driver so they adjust both aspect for BCM chip.

Writing drivers from scratch will never be good as they can never perform as official drivers.

As I know BCM nor Sigma doesnt have official DVB API support(driver) in their support/SDK for chip, so it's up to company who is using this chips to code driver for what they want, in this case it's DVB API support.

So regarding compare, you guys can just compare CPU speed because it's same architecture MIPS, others things you cant ...

jaleman
11-10-2010, 02:12 PM
If you need volunteers to do any tests with me AZBox Premium Plus you have at your disposal, I've been playing with the Pre-Pre Beta version :-) install the CCcam creating a folder etc, keys and script and it worked quite well serving my other satellite decoders, I got the CCcam was activated by a script, but telnet (1A) was also lists Channels installing my DM800 in the DreamBoxEdit AZBox, works perfect but of course could not see anything.

Greetings and thanks for the job

@telesat
11-10-2010, 03:02 PM

what is the correlation with this topic and E2 for AZBox?
drivers ar re-writed and adapted to E2, this driver is official driver man ;) ,
written on the basis official sours of drivers and with all support and do***entation from official side
don't worry, This was not improvisation, this is an official driver.

I understand concerns of some people , because first impressions of this enigma are:
1.stability
2.speed
3.good support (rapid response)
4.multimedia that supports HW

maybe this is concern for people who don't like good for AZBox,
but pls, let us to do our job ,
This is the theme for the E2 and AZBox
all your frustrations show in other theme.

rgs,

[0_o]
11-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Well said @telesat!

Thank you :)

DragontearS
11-10-2010, 06:37 PM
If drivers are selfmade from scratch it will fail as it's done on SH4 platform.

Bad picture quality, tuner lookups etc etc...

That's what i have said all the time, you are all dreamers.

I hope you make it but i seem the same history repeats itself.

MIPS or not, who gives the **** when you don't have the official drivers.
Opensat has official developers team for azbox, they work on it since 2 years right now.. but the_ripper and co. made a work better than their with no official support in 6 months. They have not released an official fw since January.. So the official drivers really have been useless... if you don't like the_ripper and co. work just use your dreambox and long life and prosperity. Here no one is talking about doing or not doing a home made driver, that question has gone many months ago. The decision is taken.. they grew up a system from nothing with the support of other guys on the net that believed in this project.
I want you to remember that Linux, youtube, facebook and more were homemade projects...........

So if you really know nothing about persons you are talking about, how can you imagine to judge if they are able or not to do a good work?

Carp95
11-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Opensat has official developers team for azbox, they work on it since 2 years right now.. but the_ripper and co. made a work better than their with no official support in 6 months. They have not released an official fw since January.. So the official drivers really have been useless... if you don't like the_ripper and co. work just use your dreambox and long life and prosperity. Here no one is talking about doing or not doing a home made driver, that question has gone many months ago. The decision is taken.. they grew up a system from nothing with the support of other guys on the net that believed in this project.
I want you to remember that Linux, youtube, facebook and more were homemade projects...........

So if you really know nothing about persons you are talking about, how can you imagine to judge if they are able or not to do a good work?

Not through m8

OpenSAT just hired coders in march/april 2010, all the fw released so far came from CELRUN Korea.

OpenSAT hired own coders because they where frusteded with how things where going.

DragontearS
11-10-2010, 07:07 PM
Not through m8

OpenSAT just hired coders in march/april 2010, all the fw released so far came from CELRUN Korea.

OpenSAT hired own coders because they where frusteded with how things where going.

So do you think firmwares released before march 2010 work good? The point is that is not the origin of driver that make a system working correctly, but HOW is made. (Sorry for wrong infos carp95, i didn't really know about korean developers, but i think is not so different don't you think?)

hfmls
11-10-2010, 07:13 PM
DragontearS in this case, i think driver were the problem. At least that's what sigma said, they were trying to improve driver. Also Opensat worry was drivers sucked..

[0_o]
11-10-2010, 08:26 PM
DragontearS in this case, i think driver were the problem. At least that's what sigma said, they were trying to improve driver. Also Opensat worry was drivers sucked..

Yeah. You're right hfmls. Opensat worry that too.

hperez
11-10-2010, 10:21 PM
When cccam runs native on az just like on dream, you ll never look for multicas;)

I've never used a dreambox, but seeing how bad cccam works in the azbox is hard to believe it would work better on enigma. I even tried to run cccam in the computer to see if there was an improvement but it worked the same way than in the azbox.

For me cccam is very bad and it's hard to imagine it could work better than oscam.

Reading some posts, it looks like some people are waiting for enigma just for running cccam :o

hfmls
11-10-2010, 11:27 PM
hperez cccam is the best emu out there. if u set it up correctly it does amazing things with the most stability there is.

in azbox hd original firmware most of the times it wouldn't open channels because The_Ripper didn't finalize dvbapi_module, that's why. (he said it) He did that in a few days just so we could test it. It's nothing to use in a everyday basis.

Believe me and all users will confirm, multicas is just a boy near cccam. ALSO multicas is nothing more than a card reader (without sharing) and/or cccam and newcamd client.

Test cccam in a dreambox or in future enigma2 azbox and you'll see how stable it is.

hperez
12-10-2010, 01:24 AM
hperez cccam is the best emu out there. if u set it up correctly it does amazing things with the most stability there is.

in azbox hd original firmware most of the times it wouldn't open channels because The_Ripper didn't finalize dvbapi_module, that's why. (he said it) He did that in a few days just so we could test it. It's nothing to use in a everyday basis.

I know dvbapi_module is buggy, many times it doesn't even open channels. But what about using cccam+multicas? (with no dvbapi_module). It still takes some time to open channels, and there are freezes... This even happens if I run cccam in the computer. Will this go away using enigma? I really doubt.

On the other hand oscam opens channels very fast, and there are very few freezes. And if it's run in the computer it works even better. I think cccam can't beat it.

Right now oscam has two problems: it can't record and it makes the azbox very slow. I hope oscam in enigma won't have these issues.

nstergi
12-10-2010, 07:49 AM
i am one of you who waits for e2 to be released.

i read the latest posts at this thread on daily basis 2 or 3 time.

PLEASE dont make this thread Azbox vs Dreambox or Multicas vs cccam or anything else.

i would appreciate only info from developers
thanks

enrico001u
12-10-2010, 08:30 AM
@hperez your problems are not cccam. It is original opensat firmware.
Cccam will open all channels in under 1 or 2 seconds depending on your server.
it is the same speed as a genuine subsrciption box once again depending on your shares and internet speed and ping/latency.

Oscam was born with the main purpose to read certain nds cards.
Whereas cccam is more focused on organised sharing.

Sorry for going off topic!

Apologies

Good work and good luck with az e2

hfmls
12-10-2010, 10:08 AM
I know dvbapi_module is buggy, many times it doesn't even open channels. But what about using cccam+multicas? (with no dvbapi_module). It still takes some time to open channels, and there are freezes... This even happens if I run cccam in the computer. Will this go away using enigma? I really doubt.

On the other hand oscam opens channels very fast, and there are very few freezes. And if it's run in the computer it works even better. I think cccam can't beat it.

Right now oscam has two problems: it can't record and it makes the azbox very slow. I hope oscam in enigma won't have these issues.

your problem is not ccccam. it's any other thing ,but not cccam.
let's go back on topic, open a thread other place else if u want help about that.:cheers2:

kanber_kav
12-10-2010, 10:14 AM
diseqc not run
ca device not run

Do you have a date for new drivers?

The_Ripper
12-10-2010, 10:18 AM
@kanber_kev
Soon new driver,

you said, you are programmer, check cx24116.c code in linux kernel source and try to fix DISEQC, Sigma doesnt control that nor my driver.

hfmls
12-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Hi kanber_kav.
The_Ripper said:
@all
2 parts are missing in drivers, CA device part of DVB driver and attaching audio/video pid to Sigma DVBCSA decoding.

Pending second part ...

btw: i see no more info about mediaplayer :)
could u guys tell us how is the situation? MickeySA and team.
Cheers

kanber_kav
12-10-2010, 11:17 AM
thanks friend.

DragontearS
12-10-2010, 11:57 AM
@kanber_kev
Soon new driver,

you said, you are programmer, check cx24116.c code in linux kernel source and try to fix DISEQC, Sigma doesnt control that nor my driver.

@the_ripper: do you think this new driver will solve problems of certain users (including me) that could not find channels and could not have also fta vision with apparently no reason?

sattommy
12-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Hi kanber_kav.
The_Ripper said:
@all

Pending second part ...

btw: i see no more info about mediaplayer :)
could u guys tell us how is the situation? MickeySA and team.
Cheers

thats being worked on, no worries ;-)
Able to playback most audio formats now. Vob playback already working, soon more video.

hfmls
12-10-2010, 12:19 PM
thank you very much. will it be included work so far in next release?
btw, will we have .srt subtitle support from the beginning ?

sattommy
12-10-2010, 12:30 PM
thank you very much. will it be included work so far in next release?
btw, will we have .srt subtitle support from the beginning ?

I don't know yet. Like i said first working on the audio part. Please guys just relax and wait for a new release. You will see what is in it, when it's done :)

sattommy
12-10-2010, 12:30 PM
I don't know yet. Like i said first working on the audio part. Please guys just relax and wait for a new release. You will see what is in it, when it's done :)

Any people using FLAC?

hfmls
12-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Any people using FLAC?

yeah, i have some game soundtrack in FLAC.

kebien
12-10-2010, 01:56 PM
thats being worked on, no worries ;-)
Able to playback most audio formats now. Vob playback already working, soon more video.
A request to developers
Is possible to add a way to DEFINE the channel format when entered manually?
I mean in the same way original azbox firmware does,where you set the video and audio format for the decoder.
E2 doesn't supply the means to do this,but I assume you can add this necessary feature.

DragontearS
12-10-2010, 02:20 PM
ok here is the answer to dmesg command.
I hope it can help fixing problems. As you can see tuner dvb-s2 is recognized (latest driver) but nothing changed

[DataBlockCollection] (TAG = 07 - pos = 24 - size = 3)
[DataBlockCollection] (TAG = 07 - pos = 28 - size = 2)
[EDID] Parsing DTD 0 from Extension 1
DTD: 148500000 Hz, 1920 x 1080 p, HSync 720-528-44, 0, Vsync 45-4-5, 0, 1600:900 mm
VMF Mode line from DTD: 148500000, 1920, 1080, 2640, 528, 44, 148, 1, 1125, 4, 5, 36, 1, DTD_1920x1080p50 [16:9]
[EDID] Parsing DTD 1 from Extension 1
DTD: 74250000 Hz, 1280 x 720 p, HSync 700-440-40, 0, Vsync 30-5-5, 0, 1600:900 mm
VMF Mode line from DTD: 74250000, 1280, 720, 1980, 440, 40, 220, 1, 750, 5, 5, 20, 1, DTD_1280x720p50 [16:9]
[EDID] Parsing DTD 2 from Extension 1
DTD: 74250000 Hz, 1920 x 540 i, HSync 280-88-44, 0, Vsync 22-2-5, 0, 1600:900 mm
VMF Mode line from DTD: 74175824, 1920, 540, 2200, 88, 44, 148, 1, 1125, 2, 5, 15, 1, DTD_1920x1080i59 [16:9]
[EDID] Parsing DTD 3 from Extension 1
DTD: 74250000 Hz, 1920 x 540 i, HSync 720-528-44, 0, Vsync 22-2-5, 0, 1600:900 mm
VMF Mode line from DTD: 74250000, 1920, 540, 2640, 528, 44, 148, 1, 1125, 2, 5, 15, 1, DTD_1920x1080i50 [16:9]
[EDID] The first 0 DTDs of 6 are native
[HDMI] EDID with 2 blocks parsed, supporting:
HDMI, RGB and YCbCr, 24 bit color.
DTD 1920x1080p59.94 1600:900 - Preferred
DTD 1280x720p59.94 1600:900
DTD 1920x1080p50.00 1600:900
DTD 1280x720p50.00 1600:900
DTD 1920x1080i59.94 1600:900
DTD 1920x1080i50.00 1600:900
VIC 31 - 1920x1080p 50Hz (16:9)
VIC 16 - 1920x1080p 59.94/60Hz (16:9)
VIC 20 - 1920x1080i 50Hz (16:9)
VIC 5 - 1920x1080i 59.94/60Hz (16:9)
VIC 19 - 1280x720p 50Hz (16:9)
VIC 4 - 1280x720p 59.94/60Hz (16:9)
VIC 18 - 720x576p 50Hz (16:9)
VIC 17 - 720x576p 50Hz (4:3)
VIC 22 - 720(1440)x576i 50Hz (16:9)
VIC 21 - 720(1440)x576i 50Hz (4:3)
VIC 3 - 720x480p 59.94/60Hz (16:9)
VIC 2 - 720x480p 59.94/60Hz (4:3)
VIC 7 - 720(1440)x480i 59.94/60Hz (16:9)
VIC 6 - 720(1440)x480i 59.94/60Hz (4:3)
VIC 1 - 640x480p 59.94/60Hz (4:3)
VIC 32 - 1920x1080p 23.97/24Hz (16:9)

Audio Format #1 Linear PCM, up to 2 channels, fs:<6>32<6>/<6>44.1<6>/<6>48<6> kHz<6>, <6>16
/<6>20
/<6>24
bit
[HDMI] Setting up HDMI mode.
limit : 8
hdmi_ComponentDepth : 0
Digital Output towards HDMI: SDR, Inv. polarity, DE, 601, 24 bit bus with 8 bit components
component_size : 8 : 128
[HDMI] Enabling TMDS.
[HDMI] Sending AVI InfoFrame.
[HDMI] Wrong YCbCr color space for this video mode (VIC 19), has to be YCbCr 709
AVI Frame - Colorspace YCbCr 601
AVI Frame - Sampling Mode 4:4:4
AVI Frame - Wrong 4:3 Aspect Ratio for this video mode, making correction.
AVI Frame - Aspect Ratio: 16:9
[HDMI] *** HotPlug Guard Time ended.
[HDMI] *** Request Reconfiguration.
[HDMI] *** Operational.
set agc=0 aps=0 cgmsa=0 rcd=0 asb=0 on module_id=19
ASP: setting 4:3 on module id 0x00000033 with FrameInfoForce
OSD: addr 0x2702CB28 in system memory!
OSD: addr = 2702d194, size = 8294400
Uncached dram size for gfx engine 1012l
gfx engine task structure allocated at 0x2702c728
em8634 GFX fb: locked 1 regions, starting from region 654496148 at offset 0x00000000
OSD: videomemory = 0x2702D194 (16588800 bytes)
fb0: em8634 GFX fb frame buffer device, using 16200K of video memory
Registering SMP8634 I2C adapter ...
I2C VALID
Tuner Detection in progress for premium ...
Tuner Combination Type : COMBO
1th TUNER Checking...
i2c-adapter i2c-0: Unable to perform I2C read - RM_ERROR
CheckTunerId: reg=0x0 (error=-22)
CheckTunerId: reg=0xff (error=-22)
This receiver has DVB_S TUNER Conexent SP2633 tuner
2th TUNER Checking...
CheckTunerId: reg=0x7f (error=-22)
Fail to find DVB_T TUNER 1
Fail to find DVB_C TUNER 1
Not yet TC90507XBG ISDBT GetTunerID added
Fail to find ISDBT TUNER 1
ATSC TUNER 1 not implemented
DVB: demux_engine: demux ucode doesn't need DRAM
DVB: registering new adapter (smp8634 DVB adapter)
Trying to attach Conexant 24116 driver ...
CX24116 device 00000501
DVB: registering frontend 0 (Conexant CX24116/CX24118)...
DVB: audio0 initializing audio parameters
DVB: audio0 audio ucode cached addr: 0x26F43E3C, size 0x000E88DE, end: 0x2702C71A
DVB: audio0 ===============ALLOCATING 1b_DRAM AUDIO SHARED MEMORY addr: 0x26E1EE30, size 0x00125000
DVB: audio0 Set SPDIFOut
DVB: video0 video ucode cached addr: 0x26DCEA00, size 0x00050422, end: 0x26E1EE22
DVB: video0 ===============ALLOCATING 119_DRAM VIDEO SCHEDULER SHARED MEMORY addr: 0x26DCE900, size 0x000000F4
jffs2: Too few erase blocks (2)
Wrong ACK(0x10)
eth0: link up, 100Mbps, full-duplex, lpa 0xCDE1
DVB: video0 Open the pools
DVB: video0 dmapool id = 0
DVB: video0 error while retrieve the surface address!
DVB: Opening stc timer 0
DVB: video0 decoder data size is 23883776
DVB: video0 PictureProtectedMemorySize is 0
DVB: video0 BitstreamProtectedMemorySize is 0
DVB: video0 UnprotectedMemorySize is 28154684
DVB: video0 video uncached addr: 0x252F4DB8, size 0x01AD9B3C, end: 0x26DCE8F4
DVB: video0 count : 1, timeout = 10000
DVB: video0 play command sended to the video decoder
DVB: Play STC!
DVB: video0 stop command sended to the video decoder
DVB: Stop STC!
dvb_video_release
cx24116_firmware_ondemand: Waiting for internal firmware upload (cx24116)...
cx24116_load_firmware: FW version 1.22.82.0
cx24116_firmware_ondemand: Firmware upload complete
polarity/voltage = 2
polarity/voltage = 2
polarity/voltage = 2
UDF-fs: No VRS found
UDF-fs: No VRS found
DVB: audio0 Open the pools
DVB: audio0 dmapool id = 0
polarity/voltage = 2
DEMUX: SetSource(0)
polarity/voltage = 0
dtv_property_cache_sync()
dvb_demux_feed_del: feed not in list (type=0 state=0 pid=ffff)
demux task: RUAMalloc(4320) -> 252e4714
DVB: Closing STC!
DVB: video0 video ucode cached addr: 0x252942E4, size 0x00050422, end: 0x252E4706
DVB: video0 ===============ALLOCATING 119_DRAM VIDEO SCHEDULER SHARED MEMORY addr: 0x252941E4, size 0x000000F4
DVB: audio0 initializing audio parameters
DVB: audio0 audio ucode cached addr: 0x251AB8F8, size 0x000E88DE, end: 0x252941D6
DVB: audio0 ===============ALLOCATING 1b_DRAM AUDIO SHARED MEMORY addr: 0x250868EC, size 0x00125000
DVB: audio0 Set SPDIFOut
DVB: Opening stc timer 0
DVB: video0 decoder data size is 23883776
DVB: video0 PictureProtectedMemorySize is 0
DVB: video0 BitstreamProtectedMemorySize is 0
DVB: video0 UnprotectedMemorySize is 28130108
DVB: video0 video uncached addr: 0x235B2DA4, size 0x01AD3B3C, end: 0x250868E0
DVB: audio0 audio uncached addr: 0x2346CC88, size 0x00146110, end: 0x235B2D98
DVB: audio0 count : 1, timeout = 10000
DVB: audio0 Channel Status from SPDIF: 0x1900 0x0004
em8xxx [/OE/AZBOX/MRUA_src/rua/emhwlib_kernel/kernel_src/krua.c:961] Registering event callback with module_id 44 and mask 0x00100ad0
DVB: audio0 play command sended to the audio decoder
DVB: demux_engine Play command sended
DVB: demux_engine Play command GOT!
DVB: video0 dmapool id = 1
em8xxx0 [/OE/AZBOX/MRUA_src/rua/emhwlib_kernel/kernel_src/krua.c:1237] EMhwlibUnregisterCleanable module 44, prop 4456 (from rmmod em8xxx_id 1737): not found
em8xxx0 [/OE/AZBOX/MRUA_src/rua/emhwlib_kernel/kernel_src/krua.c:1237] EMhwlibUnregisterCleanable module 44, prop 4461 (from rmmod em8xxx_id 1737): not found
em8xxx0 [/OE/AZBOX/MRUA_src/rua/emhwlib_kernel/kernel_src/krua.c:1237] EMhwlibUnregisterCleanable module 44, prop 4456 (from rmmod em8xxx_id 1737): not found
em8xxx0 [/OE/AZBOX/MRUA_src/rua/emhwlib_kernel/kernel_src/krua.c:1237] EMhwlibUnregisterCleanable module 44, prop 4461 (from rmmod em8xxx_id 1737): not found
DVB: audio0 stop command sended to the audio decoder
dvb_video_release
dvb_demux_feed_del: feed not in list (type=0 state=0 pid=ffff)
DVB: video0 dmapool id = 1
DVB: audio0 stop command sended to the audio decoder
dvb_video_release

DragontearS
12-10-2010, 02:24 PM
can someone that has fta working post the same?

kanber_kav
12-10-2010, 02:29 PM
SettingsMaker1.2 download
_http://www.zshare.net/download/813990019bbe6944/

Download the list and select the satellite channel.
Create a list of channels for E2.
Send the channel list DreamEdit azboxsa.

massimo1167
12-10-2010, 02:31 PM
@The_Ripper: As a first try to use /dev/hdb1 would be great. I'm also in the 'dark' why it would not work right. I know that in the ufs910 world they need devinit as a kernel parameter (Helper app to populate the initial /dev directory with the required devices when they don't exist yet Call this instead of init to set up everything for the real init (using the init-commandline option of the linux kernel ) - I suppose the problem is there - devinit starts at the end init .If we boot tdt-openwrt we need /etc/preinit which do the same but more detailed.

I also miss /proc/progress which is very strange too.

any improvement?

4@@@@
12-10-2010, 03:20 PM
The improvement is, that I now extracted the rootfs out of the vmlinux.bin ;)
No I can get deeper in the solving of the problem. In the man pages about ramfs is some hint about device setup.
Stay tuned - I'll tell you, if I fixed the boot from nfs/hdd.

zfeet
12-10-2010, 03:45 PM
I could help with the DVB-C driver if you guys need any help.

buyukbang
12-10-2010, 05:54 PM
A multiboot support will be exactly one of the most important steps of this E2 project. Thanks for the efforts.

The improvement is, that I now extracted the rootfs out of the vmlinux.bin ;)
No I can get deeper in the solving of the problem. In the man pages about ramfs is some hint about device setup.
Stay tuned - I'll tell you, if I fixed the boot from nfs/hdd.

4@@@@
12-10-2010, 07:47 PM
@The_Ripper:
Is it possible to also implement setxenv in the code?

Could you build vmlinux with rootfs and change hda1 to hdb1
---init---
# Mount the root filesystem.
mount -o rw /dev/hdb1 /mnt/root
---init---
in /init

it would be very great. I see a lot of things starting which seems not make sense to me in the rootfs part like S90* which loads modules out of MMP/modules/2.6.22 and mounting DISK1 et.al. Are they really needed to start the E2?

I'll have to find a boot way which is nearly similar like ramfs boot or I have to put the rootfs to nfs/hdd to do the same like you do and load it to ram first.

@buyukbang: A simple multiboot is difficult, because I can't see a way to load kernel from external medias like hdd or stick. I always have to get the kernel from tftp.
There should be ported the u-boot to yamon or anyone knows a solution to load from device in yamon.

massimo1167
13-10-2010, 04:22 AM
@buyukbang: A simple multiboot is difficult, because I can't see a way to load kernel from external medias like hdd or stick. I always have to get the kernel from tftp.
There should be ported the u-boot to yamon or anyone knows a solution to load from device in yamon.

But may will load different images with the same kernel?

There is a way to backup an image and then restore like Flash****** (E1) or Barry Allen (E2)?

Claudecir
13-10-2010, 05:14 AM
The new driver accept two DVB-S2 tunners? On Premium and Elite?

buyukbang
13-10-2010, 07:18 AM
Yes, sometimes simple workarounds do the hard jobs.

There is a way to backup an image and then restore like Flash****** (E1) or Barry Allen (E2)?

valerica
13-10-2010, 07:35 AM

You have to create/enable BA over an opensat img. , than you can load any img. from stick .

Cheers ,
Val .

Hectore
13-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Hello,

I read all this "pollued" tread and some people don't understand that before asking new functions now in E2 is inappropriate and too early. It is better to have a firmware with basic functions who works fine and thoroughly tested that to have a firmware which look like a gaz factory. Pray let developers do their job and stop asking everyone and everything. E2 and the official firmware have their own operating philosophy so we must accept the new philosophy that will propose E2. I tell a big BRAVO at the ripper and this team to make abstract at all stupids critics and to look their final target.

Regards.

kebien
13-10-2010, 12:39 PM
Hectore
I agree with you,but.....
There are some things that if are not done at this stage,might be impossible to do later.
The order of appointing this questions is at developers discretion.

sattommy
13-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Hectore
I agree with you,but.....
There are some things that if are not done at this stage,might be impossible to do later.
The order of appointing this questions is at developers discretion.

Ok here is some first test regarding the mediaplayer on e2. Replace the attached files with the one in /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10

Then you should be able to playback some audio formats, mp3, aac, wma (no wmapro yet). Also you should be able to play VOB files. However haven't tested subtitles and stuff yet

You can also test for example mkv files -> but only audio will work. Furthermore currently dts over spdif is on pcm. This can be changed, and both are working.

Regards,

Tommy

sattommy
13-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Ok here is some first test regarding the mediaplayer on e2. Replace the attached files with the one in /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10

Then you should be able to playback some audio formats, mp3, aac, wma (no wmapro yet). Also you should be able to play VOB files. However haven't tested subtitles and stuff yet

You can also test for example mkv files -> but only audio will work. Furthermore currently dts over spdif is on pcm. This can be changed, and both are working.

Regards,

Tommy

One known bug is that is you play a video, after another video, or audio file it will fast forward. This will probably be fixed after the new driver release

If you want to report problems please don't say it is not working. But give clear info on what kind of files are nog working. Codec, mimetypes, etc.

pr2
13-10-2010, 07:18 PM
Hello,

I test indeed a VOB file and it plays fine, I also test MP3 with embedded cover and it play the MP3 and display the cover too!

About the know bug in fact it is if you play any media file first and then a video file, it is the video that is displayed in fast forward, but the sound remains at the normal speed. So video finish before audio and you have a black screen and the audio track ends normally to play.

Good jobs, continue your hard works!

Pr2

rtificial
13-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Sounds like good progress is made day by day.

Well done team!

Thanks for sharig your testresults PR2!

4@@@@
13-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Thanks to The_Ripper with the modified vmlinux - I'm able to boot from internal HDD now.
It looks that the ramfs is an important part to get it working from any media.
Maybe he will upload this vmlinux here that others can also test software without flashing.

massimo1167
13-10-2010, 08:31 PM
Thanks to The_Ripper with the modified vmlinux - I'm able to boot from internal HDD now.
Great news!

Maybe he will upload this vmlinux here that others can also test software without flashing.
Why not You don't upload vmlinux here?
Maybe with a step by step procedure....

Thank 1K

Smudger
13-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Although it would be nice I think 4@@@@ show seek aproval fro The_Ripper first before uploading.

Let's not put pressure on I've been in the same postion in the past when testing a solution for someone they give you the software on trust.

But it would nice :)
With instructions :):)

britzolas
13-10-2010, 08:49 PM
But it would nice :)
With instructions :):)

Hehehehe.
And some screenshots wouldn't kill us, would they??? :)

paasoares
13-10-2010, 09:14 PM

Great news !!! :respect-055:

I have a ELITE model.... with no internal DISK.
Do you think it would be possible to boot from an USB disk also ?

it would be very nice if you or The_Ripper could upload the modified vmlinux here, and with some instructions/screenshots for us.

Thanks !

4@@@@
13-10-2010, 09:45 PM
It should work also with usb disk. But not all of them will work.
This weekend I will have some more time to go on.

The vmlinux should be released by The_Ripper - I also have to do some thing that it will be more handy to boot from external media. But be prepared to install a tftp server on you PCs.

The_Ripper
13-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Need to be clear here that @ 4@@@@ is talking about RAW vmlinux kernel that is loaded over TFTP and serial cable and this vmlinux is not for flashing. I added USB booting too but I dont have a time to test , so 4@@@@ is honored with that task ;). You can paste link to vmlinux , so anyone who has serial working can try ....

Stay tuned people more good news in comming days/weeks for Azbox receivers

Thx to sattommy for patching dvbmediasink plugin.

4@@@@
14-10-2010, 08:59 AM
Ok. I'll try to add setxenv support to the E2 from The_Ripper. Then it will be possible to switch from original firmware im flash to E2 from HDD or usb stick (kernel loaded via tftp). Normally this will not use any serial action, but it is better to have it working before fiddeling around. Maybe this weekend I'll have something to upload.

satdish101
14-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Ok. I'll try to add setxenv support to the E2 from The_Ripper. Then it will be possible to switch from original firmware im flash to E2 from HDD or usb stick (kernel loaded via tftp). Normally this will not use any serial action, but it is better to have it working before fiddeling around. Maybe this weekend I'll have something to upload.

If I understand this correctly does that mean one could boot to E2 directly from USB stick without replacing factory firmware?

shklifo
14-10-2010, 07:50 PM
The idea from 4@@@@ is that (if i understand it fully) that he is updating the xenv environment with setxenv commands to be able to boot from Yamon bootloader the linux kernel (and of course the ramdisk (ramfs) for the filesystem in which is the init script, to mount the USB or HDD key/disks) directly from tftp server running on you computer.

So, to be able to boot from a USB/HDD you need to have the linux kernel (vmlinux) on your computer and a tftp server running on the same computer.

4@@@@
14-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Yes is like shklifo wrote. setxenv is found.

What we have to do is:
# For E2 from HDD
setxenv -f /dev/mtdblock0 -k y.gateway 192.168.1.1
setxenv -f /dev/mtdblock0 -k y.bootserver 192.168.1.100
setxenv -f /dev/mtdblock0 -k y.subnetmask "255.255.255.0"
setxenv -f /dev/mtdblock0 -k y.ipaddr "192.168.1.101"
setxenv -f /dev/mtdblock0 -k y.start -v "net init;net initpci;net up; load -b tftp://192.168.1.100/vme2hdd.bin 0x90020000; go 0x90020000"
setxenv -f /dev/mtdblock0 -k a.linux_cmd -v "console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/hdb1 rw rootdelay=5 mem=108m"

vme2hdd.bin is the special kernel.

To get back you need the setxenv and

# Boot from RAM
# Original
setxenv -f /dev/mtdblock0 -k y.start -v "xrpc 0xac080090; load zbf 0xb3000000; go"
setxenv -f /dev/mtdblock0 -k a.linux_cmd -v "console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/hda1 rw rootdelay=5 mem=108m"

You can replace /dev/hdb1 with the one of you usb stick eg /dev/sda1 and it will boot from there.

You have to put alle Files from /MMP out of the patch.bin. This is explained in the other thread how to extract it. https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=140689

You need a tftp server on the server 192.168.1.100.

The kernel and setxenv will be uploaded in some moments. here (http://kathif.vs120005.hl-users.com/test/az4hdd.rar) right click and save as!! It is a rar archive.

YOU DO THIS ON YOUR OWN RISK - and don't do anything without serial console access!

kanber_kav
14-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Yes is like shklifo wrote. setxenv is found.

What we have to do is:
# For E2 from HDD
setxenv -f /dev/mtdblock0 -k y.gateway 192.168.1.1
setxenv -f /dev/mtdblock0 -k y.bootserver 192.168.1.100
setxenv -f /dev/mtdblock0 -k y.subnetmask "255.255.255.0"
setxenv -f /dev/mtdblock0 -k y.ipaddr "192.168.1.101"
setxenv -f /dev/mtdblock0 -k y.start -v "net init;net initpci;net up; load -b tftp://192.168.1.100/vme2hdd.bin 0x90020000; go 0x90020000"
setxenv -f /dev/mtdblock0 -k a.linux_cmd -v "console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/hdb1 rw rootdelay=5 mem=108m"

vme2hdd.bin is the special kernel.

To get back you need the setxenv and

# Boot from RAM
# Original
setxenv -f /dev/mtdblock0 -k y.start -v "xrpc 0xac080090; load zbf 0xb3000000; go"
setxenv -f /dev/mtdblock0 -k a.linux_cmd -v "console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/hda1 rw rootdelay=5 mem=108m"

You can replace /dev/hdb1 with the one of you usb stick eg /dev/sda1 and it will boot from there.

You have to put alle Files from /MMP out of the patch.bin. This is explained in the other thread how to extract it. https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=140689 (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=140689)

The kernel and setxenv will be uploaded in some moments. here (http://kathif.vs120005.hl-users.com/test/az4hdd.rar) right click and save as!! It is a rar archive.

YOU DO THIS ON YOUR OWN RISK - and don't do anything without serial console access!

tftp server and serial consol necessary.

The_Ripper
16-10-2010, 10:03 PM
Just small update,
STV0903/STV6110A driver has been compiled and integrated, just is left for testing in our team , so users with premium+ who wants to test/play with e2 will soon be able to do so.
(For this time just 1 tuner supported ...)

sattomy has done some more works on mediaplayer part and dvbmediasink plugin, but he can say more if he wants.

cicciotommaso
16-10-2010, 10:34 PM
@ The_Ripper
I wanted to know if e2 can become the official firmware OPENSAT

pearlpeter
17-10-2010, 12:20 AM
No, Opensat working on an other new firmware

damo
17-10-2010, 12:35 AM
No, Opensat working on an other new firmware
Who said OPENSAT releases new firmware?

MickeySa
17-10-2010, 12:46 AM
as The_ripper said, Premium+ DVB-S2 tuner driver fixed :

root@AZBox:~# lsmod

em8634dvb 525136 17 - Live 0xc89a0000 (PF)
stv090x 68560 0 - Live 0xc88d2000
stv6110x 7088 0 - Live 0xc88af000
cx24116 84336 1 em8634dvb, Live 0xc88ea000
em8xxx 2514624 1 em8634dvb, Live 0xc8b49000 (PF)
llad 124320 2 em8634dvb,em8xxx, Live 0xc88b2000 (P)
irvfd 13280 1 em8634dvb, Live 0xc8887000 (P)
tangox_ehci_hcd 44464 0 - Live 0xc8891000

stv6110x - DVB-S2 Driver for Premium+

stv090x - Demodulator Premium+

cx24116 - DVB-S2 Driver for Elite/Premium

Stay tunned :)

chrissat
17-10-2010, 01:31 AM
Who said OPENSAT releases new firmware?

Carp I believe.

Opensat hired new coders from another country who are currently working on building a better firmware.

cacul
17-10-2010, 09:29 AM
Carp I believe.

Opensat hired new coders from another country who are currently working on building a better firmware.

The neverending story.:9898:
:smilielol5:

paul01609
17-10-2010, 10:04 AM
Opensat should be paying these guys

cicciotommaso
17-10-2010, 10:18 AM
[QUOTE = paul01609; 758.910] Opensat dovrebbero pagare questi ragazzi [/ QUOTE]

paul01609 excuse enigma2 official firmware can be OPENSAT

kaszy
17-10-2010, 10:55 AM
Elite-premium tuner driver ,media player integrated test ?
Thanks

Minoco
17-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Hope to be a dvb-t release soon, for me is priority, I don't use the azbox as mediaplayer

Thanks to the developers

MickeySa
17-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Load of CPU running playing xvid avi file on AzBox HD E2 MediaPlayer :

1.9 i 1.5 % CPU

2120 *1786 root * * S * * 126m124.6 * 0 *1.9 /usr/bin/enigma2
1789 *1786 root * * S * * 126m124.6 * 0 *1.5 /usr/bin/enigma2
2128 *2126 root * * R * * 2836 *2.7 * 0 *1.1 top
2121 *1786 root * * S * * 126m124.6 * 0 *0.7 /usr/bin/enigma2
2122 *1786 root * * S * * 126m124.6 * 0 *0.5 /usr/bin/enigma2
2123 *1786 root * * S * * 126m124.6 * 0 *0.2 /usr/bin/enigma2
1850 *1786 root * * S * * 126m124.6 * 0 *0.2 /usr/bin/enigma2
2125 *1613 root * * S * * 2840 *2.7 * 0 *0.2 telnetd
1857 * * 2 root * * SW * * * 0 *0.0 * 0 *0.2 [usb-storage]
1791 *1786 root * * S * * 126m124.6 * 0 *0.0 /usr/bin/enigma2
1855 *1786 root * * S N * 126m124.6 * 0 *0.0 /usr/bin/enigma2
1552 * * 1 root * * S * *10036 *9.6 * 0 *0.0 smbd -D
1579 *1552 root * * S * *10036 *9.6 * 0 *0.0 smbd -D

Stay tuned :)

bluedawe
17-10-2010, 03:08 PM
as The_ripper said, Premium+ DVB-S2 tuner driver fixed :

root@AZBox:~# lsmod

em8634dvb 525136 17 - Live 0xc89a0000 (PF)
stv090x 68560 0 - Live 0xc88d2000
stv6110x 7088 0 - Live 0xc88af000
cx24116 84336 1 em8634dvb, Live 0xc88ea000
em8xxx 2514624 1 em8634dvb, Live 0xc8b49000 (PF)
llad 124320 2 em8634dvb,em8xxx, Live 0xc88b2000 (P)
irvfd 13280 1 em8634dvb, Live 0xc8887000 (P)
tangox_ehci_hcd 44464 0 - Live 0xc8891000

stv6110x - DVB-S2 Driver for Premium+

stv090x - Demodulator Premium+

cx24116 - DVB-S2 Driver for Elite/Premium

Stay tunned :)

Isn't it good idea to group all current downloads to this topic on one place?
Maybe I'm really bad in googling, but I can not find DVB-S2 driver for elite/premium newer than that you posted 04-10-2010, 10:51 PM (on page 47)

Tried this, but didn't find any programs....

MoRpHiUS_x
17-10-2010, 03:15 PM
Isn't it good idea to group all current downloads to this topic on one place?
Maybe I'm really bad in googling, but I can not find DVB-S2 driver for elite/premium newer than that you posted 04-10-2010, 10:51 PM (on page 47)

Tried this, but didn't find any programs....

Visit this thread.

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=139902

In this thread are all files.

hfmls
17-10-2010, 03:40 PM

1.9 i 1.5 % CPU

via mediaplayer GUI ? :)
can you tell me about .srt subtitle support please?
is it supported already?
thank you

[0_o]
17-10-2010, 03:45 PM

1.9 i 1.5 % CPU

This load of CPU seems fantastic! :)
Thanks

crawley
17-10-2010, 04:06 PM
I have an Ultra.Is this classed the same as the premium+? cheers!

damo
17-10-2010, 04:30 PM
what's missing in the firmware e2, apart from stability, to be used by everyone?

Claudecir
17-10-2010, 04:52 PM
Premium run 2 DVB-S2 tunners, on enigma2?

Thanks...

MoRpHiUS_x
17-10-2010, 04:58 PM
Premium run 2 DVB-S2 tunners, on enigma2?

Thanks...

No, only 1 for now.

tapfit2004
17-10-2010, 04:59 PM
I have an Ultra.Is this classed the same as the premium+? cheers!

I remember reading earlier in this thread that the ultra & premium+ were using the same tuner and so would work with the driver about to be released.

Look back thru this thread for more info.

[0_o]
17-10-2010, 06:00 PM
I remember reading earlier in this thread that the ultra & premium+ were using the same tuner and so would work with the driver about to be released.

Look back thru this thread for more info.

Yea! Everybody who joins now pls try to read from far back this thread. Many questions have been answered already :)

cicciotommaso
17-10-2010, 08:57 PM
mediaplayer via GUI?
can you tell me about. srt subtitle support please?
And already support?
thank you

dizzy
17-10-2010, 09:09 PM
english please

looney
17-10-2010, 11:59 PM
Ok!! All I am saying is OK .. When E2 will be available to us ordinary users. I do not understand about these things about developers. I wonder ripper because he is the one that all of this works for us though because everything revolves around him. purely a question.

The_Ripper
18-10-2010, 02:13 PM
@Claudecir
On Elite/Premium model just 1 tuner can be activated.
Premium+ doesnt have that restiction and working with 2x tuners is possible, but my priority is 1 tuner working and DVB driver to be stable before adding second tuner.

@looney
Question/comment for me ?
As soon as possible, few people is working on other things too, like sattomy, if you are coder pls contact me and help us.

Hectore
18-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Hello the Ripper,

On Elite/Premium model just 1 tuner can be activated.

We know that elite and premium are combo and the premium + is twin.
But can you confirm or not that in the future, it'll be possible to use the second tuner in a combo mode for the elite and premium ?

Thanx a lot for your answer.
Regards.

hfmls
18-10-2010, 02:59 PM
i think what The_Ripper says is that, if u have a channel list (in future) with some channels from dvb-s2 and dvb-t for example, it will activate one tunner at a time, one and then the other when you open each channels. Never at the same time.
That will only be supported in premium+. But only in future.

Hectore
18-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Hello,

Ok, but his sentence is ambiguous, isn't it ?:confused:

Regards

willy72
18-10-2010, 04:43 PM
i think what The_Ripper says is that, if u have a channel list (in future) with some channels from dvb-s2 and dvb-t for example, it will activate one tunner at a time, one and then the other when you open each channels. Never at the same time.
That will only be supported in premium+. But only in future.

Only one tuner working at same time, like the original firmware.....

T33
18-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Yes, as I understand it there's a hardware limitation regarding using 2 tuners at once in the premium model hence the premium+ was released.

More importanly will be how the E2 adaption will handle watching HD movies (mkv etc) at high bitrate and at the same time record HD via the tuner and this on both internal media/network. Something the original firmware isn't even close to do (actually we all now it can't do a single thing multitasking...well except for that the reboot button seems to work most of the time...but I guess that one has been WELL tested! ;-) )

MickeySa
18-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Progress update :

FTA HD Channels FIXED :)

So for now FTA ( SD + HD ) Channels working !

Multimedia - XviD ( .avi ) and MKV movies FIXED + mp3, aac, flac, wma (not wma pro ) !!!

New IR Driver - Mapped new keys for Radio, Audio and some other buttons on RCU -

Stay tuned.

INFO: In new release, we will pack new ver of Enigma 2 for Elite/Premium for easy install in patch.bin format ( as there is new kernel + new drivers + addition for gstreamer maded by sattomy ).

[0_o]
18-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Nice update :)

Keep the HUGE work guys! ;)

cimkaya
18-10-2010, 08:14 PM
@Claudecir
@looney
Question/comment for me ?
As soon as possible, few people is working on other things too, like sattomy, if you are coder pls contact me and help us.

Hello Rippy,

I'm also a developer, if you want I can try to help.

trax020
18-10-2010, 08:46 PM

Great news and thank you again for the amazing job.
Does satellite scan been fixed?

The_Ripper
18-10-2010, 08:49 PM
@Hectore
hfmls Understood what I wanted to say, sorry English isnt my primary language but I am trying to be precise as I can ...

massimo1167
18-10-2010, 09:16 PM
Progress update :

Multimedia - XviD ( .avi ) and MKV movies FIXED + mp3, aac, flac, wma (not wma pro ) !!!

New IR Driver - Mapped new keys for Radio, Audio and some other buttons on RCU -

Stay tuned.

INFO: In new release, we will pack new ver of Enigma 2 for Elite/Premium for easy install in patch.bin format ( as there is new kernel + new drivers + addition for gstreamer maded by sattomy ).
Great news!

What about not FTA channels with CAS?

iwols
18-10-2010, 10:15 PM
cheers guys just two questions
1 does sat scan work
2 does 4.2.2. work as normal

once again think everyone appreciates what your doing guys

gorgeit
18-10-2010, 10:19 PM
4.2.2 important for various feeds has anyone tried it yet.
and can i add a big thank you to all involved .

The_Ripper
18-10-2010, 10:39 PM
@massimo1167
Not yet CAS there is more things to do/fix

MickeySa
18-10-2010, 11:08 PM
cheers guys just two questions
1 does sat scan work
2 does 4.2.2. work as normal

once again think everyone appreciates what your doing guys

1. Yes

2. Well i think in this stage those questions are really not needed, all will be fixed in future, we cannot make 4:2:2 until we dont make stable FTA SD and HD channels....

pazzoider
18-10-2010, 11:18 PM
Hello The_Ripper and MickeySa,
congratulations for your wonderful job. :)
I 've installed in last days your last driver release in my azbox elite.
I've got a motor dish and i set usals parameter correctly...
But i couldn't see fta channels on hotbird/astra and other satellites...
This is a "bug" of this Enigma 2 release or I have done some mistake in settings??

Thanks you in advance.

MickeySa
18-10-2010, 11:35 PM
Hello The_Ripper and MickeySa,
congratulations for your wonderful job. :)
I 've installed in last days your last driver release in my azbox elite.
I've got a motor dish and i set usals parameter correctly...
But i couldn't see fta channels on hotbird/astra and other satellites...
This is a "bug" of this Enigma 2 release or I have done some mistake in settings??

Thanks you in advance.

U have to use simple configuration with one satellite as diseqc is not working.

So if Hotbird is on A and Astra is on B, select simple config, and choose HB, it will work.

Sentosa72
18-10-2010, 11:44 PM
Progress update :

Stay tuned.

Congratulations, nice work!
May want to try manual install, or wait until patch is ready?
Thank you,
Sentosa
:respect-040:

hfmls
19-10-2010, 12:15 AM
Progress update :

Stay tuned.

MickeySA sorry to be a pain in the but, but can u tell me if we're gonna have .srt (subtitle) support too (already) of your team is gonna/is working on this matter too?
Sorry again the same question, keep up the awsome works and updated news :)
thank you:respect-040:

MickeySa
19-10-2010, 01:30 AM
Info:

New Image for testing will be ready tomorrow, stay tuned :)

The_Ripper
19-10-2010, 01:34 AM
offtopic
@MickeySa
Heheh team members never sleeps ;)

@telesat
->PING

/offtopic

MickeySa
19-10-2010, 01:36 AM
offtopic
@MickeySa
/offtopic

Well that is true, if those m8's really know that we usually sleep just 6 hours each day.....

@telesat
19-10-2010, 01:37 AM
@telesat
->PING

<-PONG

yes yes , tomorow :)

rgs,

Juka
19-10-2010, 01:40 AM
offtopic
@MickeySa

@telesat
->PING

/offtopic
Neither do we... :sifone:

Regards
Juka

The_Ripper
19-10-2010, 01:43 AM
@hfmls
sattomy still works on media player part (gstdvbmedia plugin) plus other things need to be done/fixed, before we can try that.

Juka
19-10-2010, 01:44 AM
<-PONG

yes yes , tomorow :)

rgs,

Do you mean today, the 19th? :sifone:

zfeet
19-10-2010, 06:18 AM
Progress update :

Please release a version for Premium+ as well, thank you!

cro1969
19-10-2010, 06:22 AM
just wanting to know if the enigma 2 is ready to install with a working card slot so you can use the box as a server for oscam?? and also will you be able to download straight from the box all updates including oscam???

britzolas
19-10-2010, 07:53 AM
just wanting to know if the enigma 2 is ready to install with a working card slot so you can use the box as a server for oscam?? and also will you be able to download straight from the box all updates including oscam???

@massimo1167
Not yet CAS there is more things to do/fix

Dude your answer is some posts above.
As you can read they stay sleepless for our sake. We don't have to cause them a headache too... :p

mushroom
19-10-2010, 09:10 AM
Well that is true, if those m8's really know that we usually sleep just 6 hours each day.....

i barely sleep more than 4 hours a day last 5 years:respect-055:

massimo1167
19-10-2010, 09:57 AM
@hfmls
sattomy still works on media player part (gstdvbmedia plugin) plus other things need to be done/fixed, before we can try that.
so this means that record and playback functions doesn't work yet or media player part (gstdvbmedia plugin) isn't ready only for format other than .TS Enigma native format?

T33
19-10-2010, 12:24 PM
It's very funny that everytime Ripper answers a question or gives out status info he gets multiple new questions even if the answer to these can be found just browsing back a couple of messages in the thread...my god, people are lazy.

RogerThis
19-10-2010, 12:38 PM
Will this up coming release be the first beta release, or will it be another pre beta (alpha) build?

The_Ripper
19-10-2010, 12:42 PM
@mushroom
Yes, but he is wasting his free time for this ....
@zfeet
We are still on STV tuner driver part. We shell soon have working solution for P+ receivers

cicciotommaso
19-10-2010, 12:44 PM
@RogerThis
test version

cicciotommaso
19-10-2010, 12:54 PM
full release,possibly December 25:

[0_o]
19-10-2010, 01:47 PM

?? Why Christmas Day?
A final release comes when it's done. I dont understand why many people are releasing quotes like these about dates...

RogerThis
19-10-2010, 02:21 PM
@RogerThis
test version

Beta and alpha builds refer to how far along the testing phasing is.

Where did you pluck that date from?

britzolas
19-10-2010, 02:32 PM
;759510']?? Why Christmas Day?
A final release comes when it's done. I dont understand why many people are releasing quotes like these about dates...

Because I told him so at this post
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showpost.php?p=753852&postcount=836