PDA

View Full Version : Enigma 2 by The_ripper - TEST -

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15

amyren
27-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Some feedback after trying 1.0.28 on premium:

Mediaplayer:
.srt subtitles works, but tags like italian isnt supported, so the tags are displayed like text. (..but I think this happens on DM800 as well.)
It would have been nice to have this fixed, either by supporting them or just make the tags get ignored so they doesnt show.

On DM800 the settings done in the system/AV-settings for 4:3 and 16:19 will also apply for the mediaplayer. It doesnt seem to do that on the Azbox.

Audio seems to get out of sync after a while.
No sound at all on mp4 h264 files. One of these had two audio tracks listed, trying to change to the other track does make the kog wheels go again until reboot.
Also I found that on these files .srt files are not selectable. Even if they have the same filename as the mp4 file, there are no subtitles listet.

Tuner:
Working with diseq 1/8 switch. All LNBs scanned without problems.
But to save work, I used DreamboxEdit4 to copy channel lists and favourites from my DM800 setup.
All seem to work, but I had some problems with some channels that cause the box to stop when I try to change channel. (kog wheels spins forever, so I reboot)
It seemed to be most often on some HD channels that had two identical entries in the channel list. I did delete it from the favourite list and found the working one in the channellist, and re-added it to the favourites. That seem to work, but after next reboot it was the same problem again. Solution was to find the SID for the working channel, then use DreamboxEdit to delete the other entries that was causing trouble.
But still there are occasional "kog wheel spin forever" when zapping.
Also have the sound problem like everyone else.

General:
Sometimes after a reboot the HDMI output isnt activated, only scart is usable.

Also I notice that in many places in the menues, the word Dreambox is still used. Are there plans to replace that before first non-alpha release with eg Azbox-E2 or something?

Streaming from webinterface doesnt work

sattommy
27-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Some feedback after trying 1.0.28 on premium:

Mediaplayer:
.srt subtitles works, but tags like italian isnt supported, so the tags are displayed like text. (..but I think this happens on DM800 as well.)
It would have been nice to have this fixed, either by supporting them or just make the tags get ignored so they doesnt show.

On DM800 the settings done in the system/AV-settings for 4:3 and 16:19 will also apply for the mediaplayer. It doesnt seem to do that on the Azbox.

Audio seems to get out of sync after a while.
No sound at all on mp4 h264 files. One of these had two audio tracks listed, trying to change to the other track does make the kog wheels go again until reboot.
Also I found that on these files .srt files are not selectable. Even if they have the same filename as the mp4 file, there are no subtitles listet.

Tuner:
Working with diseq 1/8 switch. All LNBs scanned without problems.
But to save work, I used DreamboxEdit4 to copy channel lists and favourites from my DM800 setup.
All seem to work, but I had some problems with some channels that cause the box to stop when I try to change channel. (kog wheels spins forever, so I reboot)
It seemed to be most often on some HD channels that had two identical entries in the channel list. I did delete it from the favourite list and found the working one in the channellist, and re-added it to the favourites. That seem to work, but after next reboot it was the same problem again. Solution was to find the SID for the working channel, then use DreamboxEdit to delete the other entries that was causing trouble.
But still there are occasional "kog wheel spin forever" when zapping.
Also have the sound problem like everyone else.

General:
Sometimes after a reboot the HDMI output isnt activated, only scart is usable.

Also I notice that in many places in the menues, the word Dreambox is still used. Are there plans to replace that before first non-alpha release with eg Azbox-E2 or something?

Streaming from webinterface doesnt work

mp4 h264 --> this is aac audio?. cause new release will fix this.

Fixed m2ts h264 playback. Other format VC1 is not yet supported.

sattommy
27-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Have you managed to get some samples? Let me know if you haven't. I can arrange some mkvs with h24, xvid and mpeg2 for you.

Please provide me with the samples

4@@@@
27-10-2010, 07:12 PM
My experiance with .28:
- Works also from HDD - seems a bit slower than from DOM.
- Monoblock is working with Hotbird and Astra
- Sound is mostly bad if it works. But most channel do not give any sound.
I'm using only HDMI for Sound

dmesg shows

DVB: audio0 play command sended to the audio decoder
dvb_ca_ioctl: Error - invalid ioctl 80086f87
DVB: Error EMhwlibReceiveBuffer! RM_INSUFFICIENT_SIZE -> for PID 0012
out of order segment: rcv_next FEFB0C47 seq FEFB0C8E - FEFB0C96
out of order segment: rcv_next FEFB0C47 seq FEFB0C96 - FEFB0D31
out of order segment: rcv_next FEFB0C47 seq FEFB0D31 - FEFB0DDC
ofo requeuing : rcv_next FEFB0C8E seq FEFB0C8E - FEFB0C96
ofo requeuing : rcv_next FEFB0C96 seq FEFB0C96 - FEFB0D31
ofo requeuing : rcv_next FEFB0D31 seq FEFB0D31 - FEFB0DDC
out of order segment: rcv_next FEFB0F22 seq FEFB0FBD - FEFB0FC5
out of order segment: rcv_next FEFB0F22 seq FEFB1060 - FEFB11A6
ofo requeuing : rcv_next FEFB0FBD seq FEFB0FBD - FEFB0FC5
ofo requeuing : rcv_next FEFB1060 seq FEFB1060 - FEFB11A6

This is with broken sound if I change to another I get

vb_ca_ioctl: Error - invalid ioctl 80086f87
DVB: Stop STC!
DVB: video0 stop command sended to the video decoder
dvb_video_release
DVB: audio0 stop command sended to the audio decoder
DVB: video0 Open the pools
DVB: video0 dmapool id = 2
DVB: video0 count : 1, timeout = 10000
DVB: audio0 Open the pools
DVB: audio0 dmapool id = 3
DVB: audio0 Channel Status from SPDIF: 0x1900 0x0004
DVB: audio0 count : 1, timeout = 10000
DVB: video0 play command sended to the video decoder
DVB: Error EMhwlibReceiveBuffer! RM_INSUFFICIENT_SIZE -> for PID 02CD

and no sound.

- Webgui works OK

But really good work in this short time!

hfmls
27-10-2010, 07:17 PM
The_Ripper already knows about sound, this is not a bug/error, he simple didn't code a part that is needed. A timer.

SATTOMY regarding some .srt don't show up in AUX and movies start losing sound and going slow motion after a couple of minutes, do u have any idea why?
Thank you.

mounirmoune12
27-10-2010, 07:17 PM
zfeet
Junior Member Join Date: Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mounirmoune12
My azbox don all the steps but my problem is azup error

(file not foond unable to complete rquest). i tried all fw, unstall and install azup and used tow usb stick one formated fat 32 and one ntcs , windows vesta and xp.
nothing work and i dont know what to do .3 days no tv so far

pls help

I had the same issue when Azup was installed in the default location in Program Files. Copy AZUp.exe from "C:\Program Files\telesat\AZUp" to a different location and run as Administrator.

I don that too but no think. thanks for replay

ols help

amyren
27-10-2010, 07:26 PM
mp4 h264 --> this is aac audio?. cause new release will fix this.

Fixed m2ts h264 playback. Other format VC1 is not yet supported.

Sorry, I dont know if its aac audio or not. I will be away from home now for three weeks now, so I will test new releases when I'm back.

Also, I must correct myself about my statement about that the audio gets out of sync.
It is synced as long as I dont touch anything and just let the video play. But if I do anything, like try to pause and resume or try to skip back or forward with the number buttons, the audio will get out of sync.

hfmls
27-10-2010, 07:33 PM
three weeks? :P
in three weeks i can't imagina how much progress will be done :P

MoGaZz
27-10-2010, 07:41 PM
Please provide me with the samples

You can download the video samples from here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/YWGR3FW3/samples.html

I mixed aac, mp3 and ac3 (direct copy) streams into 3 files (h264, xvid and mpeg2). Two of them have bitmap subtitles. I can add srt subtitles later if you want me to.

The clips have only 20 seconds, let me know if you need more than that.

The files were created with handbrake 094. Mpeg2 file was muxed with mkvmerge. The files were tested with vlc and are ok.

AAOM
27-10-2010, 07:54 PM
I have a problem when I try to go back to fw 1.0.27. Azup stop in 59 seconds with "patch.cramfs Created."
If I try to return official firmware 0.9.50 , Azup stop in 1 minute and 5 seconds with the same message: patch.cramfs Created
If I restart Azbox, fw 1.0.28 work ok but too many locks.
I format the flash drive (2GB) in fat32 ==> no solution
I remove and install again Azup ==> no solution
When you close the error window tells me that enigma2 has been installed correctly, but is false ... nothing is installed. Also, try to install official firmware 0.950 to return to 1.0.27 not try install enigma2.
Any solution?
Sorry for my english.

sattommy
27-10-2010, 07:59 PM
You can download the video samples from here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/YWGR3FW3/samples.html

I mixed aac, mp3 and ac3 (direct copy) streams into 3 files (h264, xvid and mpeg2). Two of them have bitmap subtitles. I can add srt subtitles later if you want me to.

The clips have only 20 seconds, let me know if you need more than that.

The files were created with handbrake 094. Mpeg2 file was muxed with mkvmerge. The files were tested with vlc and are ok.

Thnx,

I will have a look.

@hmfls

I dont know hy some dont show up. Please send me one of the srt files which do not show. For subtitles we use the same as dreambox, no additions made there yet.

When video stops he seems to error on the demuxer.

sattommy
27-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Sorry, I dont know if its aac audio or not. I will be away from home now for three weeks now, so I will test new releases when I'm back.

Also, I must correct myself about my statement about that the audio gets out of sync.
It is synced as long as I dont touch anything and just let the video play. But if I do anything, like try to pause and resume or try to skip back or forward with the number buttons, the audio will get out of sync.

I think this has something to do with. I will focus on this a little later.

feedme
27-10-2010, 08:27 PM
After doing some tests with IPkg browser packs etc.

After boot I get now "Webinterface couldn't listen on 127.0.0.1:80"
The network services are not activated.
I have to activate them with remote control via menu and the all is ok.

SO where is that damm settings file where the network setting is hidden.

leif666
27-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Here is my feedback about Enigma 2.

First I had some problems with the installation. I found that I could not use the wireless connection. I plugged inn the wire, and I installed the firmware without problems using AZUp.
When I should update to the latest version, I did not get the IP address in the display, but then the issue was that I had the external USB hard drive connected to the rear, and the USB in the front. I disconnected it, and I updated without problems.

The hard drive is a external Western Digital 1Tb, and it works.

I have 8 lnb`s, and I can confirm that this works :-)

I see that it does not support playback of recordings that I have (TS-Files), but it plays many other formats. This will probably be improved.

I miss being able to use the buttons on the remote control as usual, but this is just a habbit.

The biggest lack for me is support for DVB-T, but this will probably work in the future.

Great work guys :cup-006:

marc66
27-10-2010, 08:43 PM
@sattommy

Maybe this has something to do with encoding...utf-8, etc.

sattommy
27-10-2010, 08:55 PM
Here is my feedback about Enigma 2.

First I had some problems with the installation. I found that I could not use the wireless connection. I plugged inn the wire, and I installed the firmware without problems using AZUp.
When I should update to the latest version, I did not get the IP address in the display, but then the issue was that I had the external USB hard drive connected to the rear, and the USB in the front. I disconnected it, and I updated without problems.

The hard drive is a external Western Digital 1Tb, and it works.

I have 8 lnb`s, and I can confirm that this works :-)

I see that it does not support playback of recordings that I have (TS-Files), but it plays many other formats. This will probably be improved.

I miss being able to use the buttons on the remote control as usual, but this is just a habbit.

The biggest lack for me is support for DVB-T, but this will probably work in the future.

Great work guys :cup-006:

please upload sample

moicas3004
27-10-2010, 09:11 PM
Please guys, a tutorial to dual boot needed. Boot enigma from usb1 and original from dom, so we can test this alpha and beta stage.

Pleeeeseeee

leif666
27-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Here is a sample off a recording that workes on my other azbox, but not on the Enigma 2 box.
I use VLC to watch it on the computer.

cheers :cool:

tul
27-10-2010, 11:16 PM
Please guys, a tutorial to dual boot needed. Boot enigma from usb1 and original from dom, so we can test this alpha and beta stage.

Pleeeeseeee

i dont even know that was possible, that i really want, watch everything in E2 sleep in original xD

mounirmoune12
27-10-2010, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mounirmoune12
My azbox don all the steps but my problem is azup error

(file not foond unable to complete rquest). i tried all fw, unstall and install azup and used tow usb stick one formated fat 32 and one ntcs , windows vesta and xp.
nothing work and i dont know what to do .3 days no tv so far

pls help

I had the same issue when Azup was installed in the default location in Program Files. Copy AZUp.exe from "C:\Program Files\telesat\AZUp" to a different location and run as Administrator.

I don that too but no think. thanks for replay

pls help

hfmls
27-10-2010, 11:34 PM
Framedrops on this 700mb avi you mean? I have watched some mkv series and it worked very well.

If i have time i will test some longer avis etc.....

Dont expect perfect playback right away please ;-)

@zfeet

i think there is a css library as well, but first menus.

@cirio

You can add lines to mount in a startup script. Just mount it to /media/hdd And hdd will show in mediaplayer
ok here is the .srt that doesn't even show up in AUX menu
it has the same name as .avi etc.

To be clear in what happens to me:

I press ok to play a 700mb movie (.avi XVID) in mediaplayer
with .srt with same name.
After i press ok to play movie, movie starts and i press AUX to select .srt, after i select .srt , subtitles only appear like 1 minute later (correctly, but they take 1 mnt or so to show) and after 2..3 minutes of movie playing correctly and with subtitles showing up, movie goes slow motion and audio disappears and subtitles stop to show up too, and this goes on.

If u need faster tests of anything u code i can test new files, i'm free all day and night (i work at home). And i use all kinds of media.
thank you

@telesat
28-10-2010, 02:21 AM
Enigma 2 v1.0.29
Devices suitable for flashing : Elite and Premium

What is new :

- MyTube plugin (YouTube)

- Multimedia fix for various formats by sattomy

Download:

Enigma v1.0.29 (http://azbox-enigma.eu/upload/E2_AZBox_1.0.29.rar)

ATTENTION: Use AzUP v1.1 for Flashing this version of Enigma 2 into Your devices !!!

kasukabe
28-10-2010, 03:41 AM
YouTube videos playing too fast (sound at normal speed)

EDIT: OK, _some_ videos playing too fast :)

pingflood
28-10-2010, 04:03 AM
@kasukabe,

always with the same video, or it's a random issue?

if possible, put links for these videos for more testings

gadgeteer
28-10-2010, 05:39 AM
@1.0.29

- mp4 h264 aac sound is ok now
- m2ts playable now but mts(the same as m2ts format) is still not in the list. I've to rename to m2ts to play my clip(fix it, please)
- Mytube work great. Watching HD clip without any problem.

Thanks......

sattommy
28-10-2010, 07:26 AM
ok here is the .srt that doesn't even show up in AUX menu
it has the same name as .avi etc.

To be clear in what happens to me:

I press ok to play a 700mb movie (.avi XVID) in mediaplayer
with .srt with same name.
After i press ok to play movie, movie starts and i press AUX to select .srt, after i select .srt , subtitles only appear like 1 minute later (correctly, but they take 1 mnt or so to show) and after 2..3 minutes of movie playing correctly and with subtitles showing up, movie goes slow motion and audio disappears and subtitles stop to show up too, and this goes on.

If u need faster tests of anything u code i can test new files, i'm free all day and night (i work at home). And i use all kinds of media.
thank you

In the background mediaplayer detects them, but i think he has a problem parsing them. Please if you have time compare working and non-working srt files to find characteristics why they might not play.

hfmls
28-10-2010, 07:36 AM
Already did that, this 2 files i send here.
Alice in wonderland doesn't even show up when i press AUX.
Other file i send is x.srt, appears in AUX list and it shows when i press OK.
But it only shows after a few seconds or so, is it possible to put subtitles ON by default?

here are the files that show up and work, and don't show.

edit: i think i know what is the problem!!
Alice in Wonderland.srt was Encoded in ANSI and x.srt (the ones that show up and work) is in UTF-8.

I'm gonna Encode it in UTF-8 and see if they show up :)

edit2: YES THE PROBLEM WAS ANSI, NOW IN UTF-8 WORKS :) just use notepad and save it as UTF-8 instead of ANSI.

I found another problem/bug, everytime i press exit in remote to leave movie ( there is no stop button) no (before didn't happen) instead of leaving movie, it goes forever showing cogs sniping and stays there forever, i have to reboot manually box. Any idea why? Or should we start to map keymap? :)
It's getting pretty good.

sattommy
28-10-2010, 08:10 AM
Already did that, this 2 files i send here.
Alice in wonderland doesn't even show up when i press AUX.
Other file i send is x.srt, appears in AUX list and it shows when i press OK.
But it only shows after a few seconds or so, is it possible to put subtitles ON by default?

here are the files that show up and work, and don't show.

edit: i think i know what is the problem!!
Alice in Wonderland.srt was Encoded in ANSI and x.srt (the ones that show up and work) is in UTF-8.

I'm gonna Encode it in UTF-8 and see if they show up :)

edit2: YES THE PROBLEM WAS ANSI, NOW IN UTF-8 WORKS :) just use notepad and save it as UTF-8 instead of ANSI.

I found another problem/bug, everytime i press exit in remote to leave movie ( there is no stop button) no (before didn't happen) instead of leaving movie, it goes forever showing cogs sniping and stays there forever, i have to reboot manually box. Any idea why? Or should we start to map keymap? :)
It's getting pretty good.

The cogs showing is a known bug. I will have to fix this otgether with the driver. Will be done later.

So for everybody: save your srt files to UTF-8, this is a limiation of the parser.

hfmls
28-10-2010, 08:13 AM
cool, thank you very much :)
by the way, i don't have a clue how to map keymap, could u give an example? i don't mind to spend a few hours doing it manually and share with you guys.
i want to map keys in mediaplayer stop, pause and play and others of course.
mytube i noticed is already mapped :P

sattommy
28-10-2010, 08:18 AM
cool, thank you very much :)
by the way, i don't have a clue how to map keymap, could u give an example? i don't mind to spend a few hours doing it manually and share with you guys.
i want to map keys in mediaplayer stop, pause and play and others of course.
mytube i noticed is already mapped :P

check pm

nstergi
28-10-2010, 08:49 AM
I would like to participate in the testing phases of enigma2 project

...but

i cannot do that, since there is no capability YET, to:

-boot enigma from USB (leave original crap untouched)
-run enigma from HDD when there is DVB-T tuner connected (it is reported that dvb-t tuner must be disconnected).

if i am missing sthg please reply.

thanks again for your efort doing our azbox a better stb.

sattommy
28-10-2010, 09:08 AM
I would like to participate in the testing phases of enigma2 project

...but

i cannot do that, since there is no capability YET, to:

-boot enigma from USB (leave original crap untouched)
-run enigma from HDD when there is DVB-T tuner connected (it is reported that dvb-t tuner must be disconnected).

if i am missing sthg please reply.

thanks again for your efort doing our azbox a better stb.

@ALL

Just posted a howto for usb booting in a new topic

romeox
28-10-2010, 09:57 AM
Is the sound problem fixed?

sattommy
28-10-2010, 10:02 AM
youtube has greater priority than internal card reader. oh well. still waiting

Different people with different skills working on different parts. Please if you have energy to post stuff like this, use this energy to code driver yourself

leerock
28-10-2010, 10:17 AM
relax. i'm just using azbox to watch sat. TV not youtube, mkv, photos, etc. have pc for that. not sure writing 12 words will fix the reader.

People like you don't deserve anything...
Don't talk like you are paying these guys....
With that attitude, if I was the ripper I would never fix the reader...
As......

MickeySa
28-10-2010, 10:25 AM
****Center also works very well....

pateken
28-10-2010, 10:28 AM
I have the premium model with wifi and dvbt. Both are still functioning?

hfmls
28-10-2010, 10:45 AM
****Center also works very well....

is there any plugin with all sites?
like you**** ****hub ****tube xvideos etc?

Just for STUDY porpuses!:woohoo-022::woohoo-022::woohoo-022:

[0_o]
28-10-2010, 11:00 AM
jesus christ people get a prosac or something. live maybe

Another guy saying just s*** around here... I swear, I cant understand why you come here just to say those things...!

AAOM
28-10-2010, 11:17 AM
I have a problem when I try to go back to fw 1.0.27. Azup stop in 59 seconds with "patch.cramfs Created."
If I try to return official firmware 0.9.50 , Azup stop in 1 minute and 5 seconds with the same message: patch.cramfs Created
If I restart Azbox, fw 1.0.28 work ok but too many locks.
I format the flash drive (2GB) in fat32 ==> no solution
I remove and install again Azup ==> no solution
When you close the error window tells me that enigma2 has been installed correctly, but is false ... nothing is installed. Also, try to install official firmware 0.950 to return to 1.0.27 not try install enigma2.
Any solution?
Sorry for my english.
Complete format USB drive and i install 1.0.29 ==> all ok.

T0rca1950
28-10-2010, 11:52 AM
are you really all just overreacting kids here or what? just calm down and stop b...ing everytime someone posts something you all don't like. one post you don't like += 10 posts from whining kids. uh

Ban this troll please. :ack2:

Juras
28-10-2010, 12:02 PM
Please Enigma 2 isn´t for Azbox Premium HD Plus still.
Where is the problem?
Is something wrong?
Thank
Sorry for my English

paul01609
28-10-2010, 12:39 PM
The problem is they carnet work miricals it takes time just wait

hfmls
28-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Juras just wait and relax!!!
The_Ripper already said a million times that premium+ would come after elite and premium.

He is working on that right now. Jesus!

jamesjay
28-10-2010, 12:45 PM
Please Enigma 2 isn´t for Azbox Premium HD Plus still.
Where is the problem?
Is something wrong?
Thank
Sorry for my English

Your English is understandable so no need to apologise, the problem is the Plus as different tuners to the standard premium and elite and therefore causes a number of new and different problems for the AZ E2 team, they have stated in various posts they are working on it and it will be made public soon...but you need to remember that the present E2 version is still a test version and that most or all of the testing will benefit the Plus too when it is ready.

DragontearS
28-10-2010, 12:46 PM
ok... tried 1.0.29... audio doesn't work 60% of channel switch.. video with the same % on scrambled and fta works with freezes like a not well muxed divx if you understand me... zapping it happens enigma crashes. I say this only for feedback.. It's very good multimedia part. Go on guys you're on the right way!! Really a good work all of you!!

simon30000
28-10-2010, 01:38 PM
is there any plugin with all sites?
like you**** ****hub ****tube xvideos etc?

Just for STUDY porpuses!:woohoo-022::woohoo-022::woohoo-022:
ustream if possibe aswell for live + net tv :respect-054:

moicas3004
Test on this 1.0.29

Same problem with HD mpeg4 on Hispasat 30W MEO. Very bad reception with signal 69%. swap to original firm and its perfect there, so a big bug in Tuner driver.

SD chanels is very good as the previus firmware ( except for sound bug well known. )

@Ripper please check this on HD chanels at 30W if you can.

One more thing is many reboot needed when watching TV. I only instaled SGC plugin for CCCam

ilcalmo
@sattommy:
tried to play .ts file recorded by opensat fw, it does not play.
Is this concerning AZ-E2 recording section still not ready or will it be fixed in the future in the mediaplayer?

Regards.

hfmls
28-10-2010, 01:41 PM
Test on this 1.0.29

Same problem with HD mpeg4 on Hispasat 30W MEO. Very bad reception with signal 69%. swap to original firm and its perfect there, so a big bug in Tuner driver.

SD chanels is very good as the previus firmware ( except for sound bug well known. )

@Ripper please check this on HD chanels at 30W if you can.

One more thing is many reboot needed when watching TV. I only instaled SGC plugin for CCCam

moicas The_Ripper said after he finished premium+ driver he will fix bufs in audio, crashes, etc etc.

The_Ripper
28-10-2010, 02:35 PM
@moicas3004
hxxp://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/media/dvb/frontends/cx24116.c
Here is source code of the tuner driver from linux kernel, pls fix it.
Let me know, Thx.

cicciotommaso
28-10-2010, 02:57 PM
@The_Ripper
excellent response

moicas3004
28-10-2010, 02:59 PM
@moicas3004
Let me know, Thx.

@Ripper, in not criticizing you, im just telling you about that bug, if you don't know already. As a say many times i apreciate your work, and i know it is very hard work to port sigma drivers to this E2.

I dont have any know how to programing, if i had, i would try to help you guys.

The fact is that, in my tests, the first version of driver with cccam working and HD, i could see the chanels very good. ( at that time i didnt check the signal, my bad ).
After i instaled the version 1.0.28 i thought that it could be the signal, so i went back to the original firm to check, and with 68% the image was very good in the original firm.

I dont know if this problem is only for me or also for other testers. ( PS: a tested without the second tunner ) anyone can check if with signal 68% can see HD chanels, or i must have more signal that usual to see it ok in E2? I think this bug apeared after premium solution fix for HD.

Today, i replaced the em8*** for the 27 version, and it was the same. I can test now installing the 1.0.27 again to see if it is from the driver or from the low signal for E2.

As a user/tester, i think it is important to report bugs. I think it could be created a bug list, so all testers and users can see wright there that the bug they encounter is already reported, and if not added to the list. I think that could help you guys sorting things out and the testers stop asking the same questions over and over.

onkelm
28-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Hi,

every day it`s getting better and better.
Even the mediaplayer is quite nice now.

However, 3 things there needed to fixed to be almost perfect:

1. no ts files playable so far (recordings from dream or vu+)
2. no blue-ray rips m2ts playable (Home, the dark knight)- error message "GStreamer plugin Windows Media Video 9 decoder not available!"
3. remote control fix for the buttons, play, stop, fwd, back, etc.

So sattomy, keep going on your hard and good work, and of course all other who are involved, too.

With this speed on E2 for azbox, I can use this in 2 or 4 weeks in my living room :respect-057:

OnkelM

MickeySa
28-10-2010, 03:10 PM
I think the BIG problem is that all users didnt read the thread, or they just come from nowhere, and start writting wishes, requests....

Unfortunately , the_ripper lost magic wand :)

Please, let's go again trough that others dont ask again, as we will not answer from now on silly questions.

Yes, we know that audio is not working on some channels, that sometimes is working and after few minutes drop, or sound is terrible or cracking, icture is glitching or whatever.

WE KNOW, so NO NEED TO ASK WHY !!!

Is Premium+ working with Enigma 2 ?

NO IT IS NOT WORKING, and REASON FOR THAT IS, TUNER DRIVER is FINISHED, AND the_ripper is making implementation with em8634dvb.ko driver, to get init of driver successful . After this is finished, You can expect PRemium+ working with E2.

What is comming after Premium+ get working with Enigma 2 ?

the_ripper will fix audio problem, and other stuff's ( volume up/down, mute/unmute ).

Really we dont know what else we can give You ?! Is this enough ?!

I am so sorry but we will not answer anymore on this silly questions, and also i am giving advice to other users just to ignore this questions, and keep doing their testing....

So imagine , I am writing this post, after every few other posts ? Would I be to boring to all of You ?!

But if that is solution, to copy paste this post after every 5-th post, no problem, after some users notice that we know about bug, and that we are promissing that we will fix it, so dont need to worry or to panic or whatever ?!

Look it simply ?

elite/premium owners - You can be satisfied !!!

Be fair about Premium+ owners, they cant even load Enigma 2 ?! So lets give to other people which have Premium+ a chance to load Enigma 2 and keep testing like all of You which have Elite or Premium, and stop to be silly about audio or other problems !!! We are not disabled, and we can listen too, just give some time.

Smudger
28-10-2010, 03:17 PM
would it be worth putting a known bug list text file in each release. To stop the repeated questions.

moicas3004
28-10-2010, 03:24 PM
I think the BIG problem is that all users didnt read the thread, or they just come from nowhere, and start writting wishes, requests....

Unfortunately , the_ripper lost magic wand :)

Please, let's go again trough that others dont ask again, as we will not answer from now on silly questions.

Yes, we know that audio is not working on some channels, that sometimes is working and after few minutes drop, or sound is terrible or cracking, icture is glitching or whatever.

WE KNOW, so NO NEED TO ASK WHY !!!

Is Premium+ working with Enigma 2 ?

NO IT IS NOT WORKING, and REASON FOR THAT IS, TUNER DRIVER is FINISHED, AND the_ripper is making implementation with em8634dvb.ko driver, to get init of driver successful . After this is finished, You can expect PRemium+ working with E2.

What is comming after Premium+ get working with Enigma 2 ?

the_ripper will fix audio problem, and other stuff's ( volume up/down, mute/unmute ).

Really we dont know what else we can give You ?! Is this enough ?!

I am so sorry but we will not answer anymore on this silly questions, and also i am giving advice to other users just to ignore this questions, and keep doing their testing....

So imagine , I am writing this post, after every few other posts ? Would I be to boring to all of You ?!

But if that is solution, to copy paste this post after every 5-th post, no problem, after some users notice that we know about bug, and that we are promissing that we will fix it, so dont need to worry or to panic or whatever ?!

Look it simply ?

elite/premium owners - You can be satisfied !!!

Be fair about Premium+ owners, they cant even load Enigma 2 ?! So lets give to other people which have Premium+ a chance to load Enigma 2 and keep testing like all of You which have Elite or Premium, and stop to be silly about audio or other problems !!! We are not disabled, and we can listen too, just give some time.

Yes MickeySA, you are wright. The audio is very, very, very explicit that it haves glitches. I dont know why they are asking the same thing all the time.

But guys like me, that hard test everiting, so we can identify bugs in this stage, helping you guys as we can.

Again no one ( elite and premium ) is pressing you guys, i think :respect-050:.

From me, just reporting bugs, that i didn't read in this tread, because i have readed every page since the begining. Off course, that are some stupid bugs created by testers, that why im asking if im the only one with pixelization on HD chanels in hispasat 30W. ( maybe by low signal in the antena or not )

Because in the other thing big,big,big credits for you guys, cccam, sd, mediaplayer etc. I never expected this could develop so fast as you ( team ) are doing.

moicas3004
28-10-2010, 03:25 PM
would it be worth putting a known bug list text file in each release. To stop the repeated questions.

I Agree. I think this would stop the stupid question frequently.

jamesjay
28-10-2010, 03:26 PM
No need to copy and paste from now on refer unreasonable poster's to post 2055 until further notice!!

@telesat
28-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Test on this 1.0.29

Can you tell me , what's the problem ?
1.low signal level on the display (signal indicator)
OR
2.You have trouble in receiving channels (HD mpeg4) - sparks,mosaic....

also you don't said - BER level on this channel/TP ?
0 or ?

rgs,
telesat

sattommy
28-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Hi,

every day it`s getting better and better.
Even the mediaplayer is quite nice now.

However, 3 things there needed to fixed to be almost perfect:

1. no ts files playable so far (recordings from dream or vu+)
2. no blue-ray rips m2ts playable (Home, the dark knight)- error message "GStreamer plugin Windows Media Video 9 decoder not available!"
3. remote control fix for the buttons, play, stop, fwd, back, etc.

So sattomy, keep going on your hard and good work, and of course all other who are involved, too.

With this speed on E2 for azbox, I can use this in 2 or 4 weeks in my living room :respect-057:

OnkelM
please provide me with a couple of minutes of recording. I will see what i can do, but wmv is not implemented yet.

moicas3004
28-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Can you tell me , what is problem ?
1.low level signals in the display (signal indicator)
OR
2.You have trouble in receiving channels (HD mpeg4) - sparks,mosaic....

also you don't said - BER level on this channel/TP ?
0 or ?

rgs,
telesat

1-Signal
The signal in the display is about 68% in both providers SD and HD( signal from TP wright )
The BER i didn't check
If it helps i can go to Satfinder, in tunner setup and check. The strange thing is that in the original FW displays fine. This MEO provider is know for its very limited reception, but if i have good screen in original FW should it be ok in E2 also with the same signal ?

The BER what it means ? High values means bad reception? In the SD I remember i had about 8000, and for HD i had really high values like 100000.
2- In HD ( MEO 30W mpeg4 ) is sparks and mosaic. ( SD no problem very good ZON 30W. HD in this provider, ZON 30W, displays fine )

Maybe i have to increase signal reception for this provider. A few E2 FW ago is was fine, my bad not have checked for the signal % :sifone:.

NRRibeiro
28-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Hi,

This is my first post and I'll try to make it the last one regarding off topic issues.

I'm sorry to disturb the work of the ones that are really working on this project, and I didn't wanted to become one as the others that post things in this thread saying nothing like Yes, you are right and repeating well known bugs.
I would like to know, if it's possible to restrict the writing on the thread only to the guys that are developing and testing so that users like me could follow up the good work that is being done and not spending time with bull**** that so many users write.
And if I'm interested in participate I just ask for it in another thread or via private message to be add to the group with permissions to write in the thread.

Thanks for your hard work.

Best regards from Portugal,
NRRibeiro.

DrChaos
28-10-2010, 03:58 PM

I would say a sticky thread without reply option like - "Bug/To Do List - LOOK HERE FIRST" may be more helpful.

I know that the silly questions are annoying, mostly because people are to lazy to search the thread, but it's also annoying to read a reply "this was asked 1000x before read the thread" every time. Just don't reply to already answered questions, then people are forced to search...

Otherwise, I understand some of these impatient guys. It is also hard for me not to ask about DVB-C every day, things are devleoping fast and so good that I can't await to test it ;) Specially when I think of the original firmware...

VFL
28-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Enigma 2 v1.0.29
Devices suitable for flashing : Elite and Premium

What is new :

- MyTube plugin (YouTube)

- Multimedia fix for various formats by sattomy

Download:

Enigma v1.0.29 (http://azbox-enigma.eu/upload/E2_AZBox_1.0.29.rar)

ATTENTION: Use AzUP v1.1 for Flashing this version of Enigma 2 into Your devices !!!

i have some error after Azup.exe i getting IP the update abort the msg it said

patch.cramfs Created.
after coming erron file not found unable to Complete Request

then after ok press it said
Pls switsch off and then switsch on Azbox try again!!!

edit now fine just on remot reboot then fine not from power off then on

my 2. ask does cardreader work?

jamesjay
28-10-2010, 04:11 PM
@ NRRibeiro

If you look you will see that below this section, there are already sections for discussion of E2 Elite, E2 Premium, and E2 Premium plus, but no one is using them they are just adding their requests for E2 and repeating already answered questions in this thread.

lucky13
28-10-2010, 04:18 PM
@moicas3004
Let me know, Thx.

Hi Ripper we really appreciate the work...can you guys give out a paypal email address so I can buy you guys some beers :D

jromero
28-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Hi Ripper we really appreciate the work...can you guys give out a paypal email address so I can buy you guys some beers :D

OpenSat actually give to this Team so much beers !! hehehe €€€€€ !!

T0rca1950
28-10-2010, 04:31 PM
OpenSat actually give to this Team so much beers !! hehehe €€€€€ !!

They didn't get anything! And they don't want anything! They are doing this just for hobby.

Am I right guys? :respect-062:

onkelm
28-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Hi sattommy,

Originally Posted by sattommy
please provide me with a couple of minutes of recording. I will see what i can do, but wmv is not implemented yet.

personally, I don`t think it is wmv.

The m2ts files are copied from my blue ray of "the drak knight" - so it is a normal m2ts file of a blue-ray.

I think the mediaplayer is identifying this file wrong as a wmv.

That causes the warning.

With the recordings of dream or vu+ I will do a recording and an upload soon.

regards

OnkelM

MoGaZz
28-10-2010, 05:02 PM
@onkelm

Can you mux your BRRIp into a mkv file and see if it works?
I have personal interest on that matter.

looney
28-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Do AzBox with E2 ..... .28 May be reproduced picture with HDMI cable to your TV, or must wait for the new version, and what is happening around tons enigma, whether soon be something new about tog.Thanks ...

rtificial
28-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Do AzBox with E2 ..... .28 May be reproduced picture with HDMI cable to your TV, or must wait for the new version, and what is happening around tons enigma, whether soon be something new about tog.Thanks ...

What?? Could you include a google translation in English from you native language?

VFL
28-10-2010, 06:41 PM
i have done E2 Enigma v1.0.29 it has some nothing work what i need
- standby not wroking
- If channal change no sound and sometime freezing crap
- on Display only show 100%
- mkv work on ext2 extern HDD not teste ntfs i will try it
- cardreader with all emu not teste
- cccam work fine and faster
- some settting working fine from upload own setting with 4 LNB

that have teste all thnk ripper and team

moicas3004
28-10-2010, 06:47 PM
@The_Ripper & Telesat

finaly i resolved my problem.

The pixelization on DVB-S2 on MEO sat ig gone. In fact, as i reported the problem was the change in the driver for some elites and for the premium that you guys made in the last FW.( 27, 28 )

I replaced the files posted by you in version 1.0.26 i think ( posted here : https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=135894&page=83 ), tunnerinfo.py, enigma2 and the other and i have good view on the DVB-S2 channels on MEO 30W HD mpeg4.

So , no problem in reception but in some change in driver. Check it when you have time.

Im using AZBOX ELITE.

PS: Im running enigma 2 on HDD on usb, thanks to sattommy.

jamesjay
28-10-2010, 06:50 PM

Read post 2055 on page 103!!

simon30000
28-10-2010, 06:59 PM
just flashing e2az and had a powercut in the midst of it ,and yup stuck in booting and no geeko and no ip. been reading start of the thread ,
serial rs232 cable will this do it bacicly a standard null modem cable is all i have right now ,is there a cable that i need to add to it as the pins in az are somwhat diffrent to standard serial port so to connect inside box for yamon fix
any lead that i might need ,soz for asking guys ,jst am a bit stuck right now

VFL
28-10-2010, 07:18 PM
hello
newcs work fine on Azbox E2 want know what cardreader it is for Azbox like /dev/sci or wiche one and does have someone found driver for cardreader?

on consle i see:

root@AZBox:~# newcs.mips &
root@AZBox:~# This is NewCS 1.67 RC1 [Build: 95] - the New CardServer by the Butter-team..
Compiled on Jul 14 2009 at 11:56:53
Reading Config file from /var/tuxbox/config/newcs.xml
TCP-log password is enabled, set to: NewCSpwd
level: internal
type: all
output: console,tcp
logger config: level 16777215 type 255 output 5
Console log options: level 16777215 type 255
TCP log options: level 1 type 255
[ 20:52:36 ] [ Box detect ] Box type 15 (Azbox)
[ 20:52:36 ] [ Config ] Option <blockc0> for device 0 (SCI Lower Slot) not present, defaulting to NO
[ 20:52:36 ] [ Config ] Option <crypto-special> for device 0 (SCI Lower Slot) not present, defaulting to NO
[ 20:52:36 ] [ Config ] Option <PTShandshake> for device 0 (SCI Lower Slot) not present, defaulting to NO
[ 20:52:36 ] [ Config ] Option <Seca-PPV> for device 0 (SCI Lower Slot) not present, defaulting to NO
[ 20:52:36 ] [ Config ] Pincode for device 0 (SCI Lower Slot): 0000
[ 20:52:36 ] [ Config ] Option <sid> for device 0 (SCI Lower Slot) not present, no static sids added to filter
[ 20:52:36 ] [ Config ] Option <protectedsid> for device 0 (SCI Lower Slot) not present, no PIN Code will be sent
[ 20:52:36 ] [ Config ] /dev/sci0 ECM priority: round
[ 20:52:36 ] [ Config ] Option <blockc0> for device 1 (SCI Upper Slot) not present, defaulting to NO
[ 20:52:36 ] [ Config ] Option <crypto-special> for device 1 (SCI Upper Slot) not present, defaulting to NO
[ 20:52:36 ] [ Config ] Option <PTShandshake> for device 1 (SCI Upper Slot) not present, defaulting to NO
[ 20:52:36 ] [ Config ] Option <Seca-PPV> for device 1 (SCI Upper Slot) not present, defaulting to NO
[ 20:52:36 ] [ Config ] Pincode for device 1 (SCI Upper Slot): 0000
[ 20:52:36 ] [ Config ] Option <sid> for device 1 (SCI Upper Slot) not present, no static sids added to filter
[ 20:52:36 ] [ Config ] Option <protectedsid> for device 1 (SCI Upper Slot) not present, no PIN Code will be sent
[ 20:52:36 ] [ Config ] /dev/sci1 ECM priority: round
[ 20:52:36 ] [ Chameleon2 ] Adding name myname on destination remote (Realm: myShares) on port 1234 - 0x10015438 [ op ptr 0x100163b8 ]
[ 20:52:36 ] [ DNS ] Resolved Hostname localhost to: 127.0.0.1
[ 20:52:36 ] [ Newcamd ] Server name : newcs
[ 20:52:36 ] [ Newcamd ] Des key : 0102030405060708091011121314
[ 20:52:36 ] [ Config ] Option <hostname> or <port> not present for User: dummy, DISABLING reverse login
[ 20:52:36 ] [ Config ] Option <readers> not present for User: dummy, NO reader control enabled
[ 20:52:36 ] [ Newcamd ] User 2: dummy, Pass: dummy, Host none, Port: 0, Au: On, Spider allowed: No, Sidoverride: No, level: 1
[ 20:52:36 ] [ httpd ] httpd-user: newcs, password: newcs, accesslevel: admin
[ 20:52:36 ] [ EMM Cache ] Initialising dynamic Cache
[ 20:52:36 ] [ ECM Cache ] Initialising dynamic Cache
[ NewCS ] Process ID is: 2038
[ 20:52:36 ] Calibrating delay loops
[ 20:52:36 ] usleep(5) takes: 0 s 49 us
[ 20:52:36 ] usleep(10) takes: 0 s 18 us
[ 20:52:36 ] usleep(100) takes: 0 s 108 us
[ 20:52:36 ] usleep(500) takes: 0 s 509 us
[ 20:52:36 ] Allocation memory for 200 regular users
[ 20:52:36 ] [ Loader ] Starting Telnet on port 1001
[ 20:52:36 ] [ SockSrv ] Server thread started
Can't create server: Address already in use
[ 20:52:36 ] [ Loader ] Reader type 5 on node /dev/sci0

need to know what part it is

stavross
28-10-2010, 07:23 PM
@ Ripper & Team

Thank you! thank you! thank you!!!!!

All the time I used original FW and MultiCAS I had nothing but problem with CCcam freezes all the time.
Just loaded E2 1.0.29 and CCcam and no freezes at all the res button gives me sound so this is already 10 times better than original and I'm sure picture quality is better.

Again thanks can't wait for future E2 Fw to test

Stavross:party::respect-067:

fullburnscs
28-10-2010, 09:18 PM
@moicas3004

Hi friend, you have a tutorial from install e2 from usb hdd? or where to find.
I not find the old posts...

Thanks.

tx0
28-10-2010, 09:19 PM
I have some problems with 1.0.29 and basic features. Video on HD 1080i FTA channel is unstable seems like its skipping some frames jitter. No sound at all, SD, HD - no sound. Once when I've rebooted the box there was sound on SD but it was lost after zapping.
Tuner found TRT HD channel so obviously DVB-S2 works.

tsakman
28-10-2010, 09:21 PM
@moicas3004

Hi friend, you have a tutorial from install e2 from usb hdd? or where to find.
I not find the old posts...

Thanks.

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=141890

AAOM
28-10-2010, 09:43 PM
Complete format USB drive and i install 1.0.29 ==> all ok.
I can not install anything new. I try azup with official fw. Azup say everything is ok but never ends. not to leave the balloon saying to restart azbox.
Look where crashes:
http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/1698/azup.gif

Copy kernel done but never ends ... Solution?

Regards.

AAOM
28-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Beginning to think the problem is DOM. I have DOM SDHC with adapter and start thinking that has gone wrong. The Azup tells me that the kernel is ok but never finished copy deco. Sure, if I restart it as if it had kernel and starts putting his IP. DOM I reformat and see what happens. Or is insane after having E2? Also I have the option of the other DOM but this does not fix formatting do not think that what with the other.

.... to be continued.

Edit: ... below: trying to install official fw, will stay again but this time to restart, as is the kernel of E2, there came the IP but I recon the pen and I installed the 0.9.5020. I do not quite believe it! Now I'm doing a format area. I think that for now, I'll breathe a little and allow for later testing E2 comes the weekend and we will have to watch football. Good thing I managed to get him with an SD card and USB adapter, not with a pen ....

Edit 2:

look, look, look ... Unbootable! After make the format area remains in 'Starting' This is already a "Expediente X"!

Edit 3:

Tell me and I do not think so! ... if it were not living would call a liar who write. I removed the pen, I rebooted and I get the menu you get when you put a pen to change the fw but no pen!.

1. USB
2. NETWORK
3. OTA
4. AREA APPLICATION FORMAT
5. UPDATE WITHOUT BOOT

Awesome. Any comments on that? jajajaja, no words.

Edit 4: I just watched a detail. At first the menu says "Last Updating is fail (error = 1)" And I did the format area and all ok!. Well, Do you know that error is that?

I see that the stick remains a file: PATCH.CRA. Something is wrong with the azbox but what is it? Is there a solution? How?

Sorry for my english. I use google translator.

Regards

pr2
28-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Hello,

SDHC adaptor or CD adaptor doesn't like at all the partition change!

So when you use such device ALWAYS do this:
- start the upgrade / downgrade procedure and finish it.
- Power OFF / Power ON your Azbox (not a reboot, the DOM needs to reinitialised and a reboot doesn't do it!!!)
- Start again the same flashing (this time the partition will already be created, so the file copy will work properly).

Then you won't have problem, otherwhise for sure the file copy procedure gets corrupted.

Ideally Azup should ask to power off / power on after it change the partition, before starting to copy the new files.

This works fine with a true DOM (original or Transcend one) but not at all with the SD(HC) or CD adaptator.

In the adaptator it is clearly mentionned that the card is not hot swappable, but it seems that for this kind of adaptor, the fact to change the partition is like if you swap disk!

Pr2

AAOM
28-10-2010, 10:53 PM
Solved!!
I reinstall 0.9.5020 and all ok.

Edit: I don't see your post, pr2. Thank for response.
I had tried with 4 pendrive. Since no solutions, I try SD. There was a strange problem with azup

pr2
28-10-2010, 11:18 PM
This is not an Azup problem, this is an adaptator problem.

Reinstall your original DOM and you will see that the process works fine from the 1st time, only adaptor needs power off / power on and a full reinstall.

Pr2

AAOM
28-10-2010, 11:26 PM
I have not translated all of your post before answering. Now I understand that the problem is not Azup, is the DOM adapter. Problems with language. Need translator. My English is very bad. Sorry. And thanks for your explanations.

gadgeteer
29-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Why the team so quiet ?? I guess the huge improvement is coming...... Am I right? 555

The_Ripper
29-10-2010, 03:02 PM
@gadgeteer
Quiet ?
I am working on p+ tuner driver.

In your opinion we should release every day new image ?

VFL
29-10-2010, 03:29 PM
i want to know bozu cardreader i have install newcs.mips it show on newcs 8080 no cardreader found also what sould be writh or didn have found cadrearder? like /dec/sci0 or anything

chrissat
29-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Why the team so quiet ?? I guess the huge improvement is coming...... Am I right? 555

Why is it the more we are given the more we want?

Just relax and enjoy what we've been given and let the team continue with their hard work in peace.

When something is ready it'll be posted. But remember none of them need to do any of this and anyone who owns an azbox owes them a great deal for giving a dud box a new life.

The very least we can do is to remain patient.

The_Ripper
29-10-2010, 03:39 PM
@VFL
That I will add after tuner,audio fix, etc...
but,
if you cant wait we are using WDLive kernel source 2.6.22.19 with Sigma patches, there you can find source code for smart card interface for Sigma, so as I told @moicas3004 regarding cx24116 tuner driver you can too patch this smart card driver to be compatible to SCI as in DMM receivers. Good luck.

massimo1167
29-10-2010, 03:52 PM
@VFL
but,
if you cant wait we are using WDLive kernel source 2.6.22.19 with Sigma patches, there you can find source code for smart card interface for Sigma, so as I told @moicas3004 regarding cx24116 tuner driver you can too patch this smart card driver to be compatible to SCI as in DMM receivers. Good luck.

Long life to The_ripper and we hope He does not lose his patience...:applause-038:

leerock
29-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Long life to The_ripper and we hope He does not lose his patience...:applause-038:

Yeah, he seems a bit nervy lately....
I don't blame him though...:)

nakata
29-10-2010, 05:40 PM
And so both of you trying to make him more nervous? he owes you (us) nothing. So please guys stop to post such comments and leave the ripper and the rest of the coders to do them job and in the end you (we) will have a stable and full functioned image

leerock
29-10-2010, 05:57 PM
And so both of you trying to make him more nervous? he owes you (us) nothing. So please guys stop to post such comments and leave the ripper and the rest of the coders to do them job and in the end you (we) will have a stable and full functioned image

Well....
I dont think we ve ever said anything that would make him nervous....
There are people here asking all the time,
when is that going to be fixed,
why don't we have sound,
why the other thing isnt supported yet,,,,
and we are the ones that make him nervous?
Cmon, get serious kid....

AAOM
29-10-2010, 06:13 PM
This is not an Azup problem, this is an adaptator problem.

Reinstall your original DOM and you will see that the process works fine from the 1st time, only adaptor needs power off / power on and a full reinstall.

Pr2

I have done that. I have put the original DOM. But the popup in the azup has taken more than 7 minutes to appear after saying that everything is 100% ok. Now, 15 minutes later, still appears on the display of Azbox "copying E2 kernel..." I think something is not right. I dare not reboot, hehe. I do not remember if I should continue this message on the display or should disappear before the restart.

VFL
29-10-2010, 06:37 PM
@VFL
but,

thnka for information i can wait it doesnt matter i just try my selfh too cous i love all linux i have only linux then bill gate
soon i will got mobil linux too

:respect-069:

nakata
29-10-2010, 06:44 PM
Well....
I dont think we ve ever said anything that would make him nervous....
There are people here asking all the time,
when is that going to be fixed,
why don't we have sound,
why the other thing isnt supported yet,,,,
and we are the ones that make him nervous?
Cmon, get serious kid....

First of all i am not a kid i am 57 years old man so may be i have kids in your age and second i have nothing personal with you guys but please think how you will feel if all the day you try to write some drivers and after that you have to read posts like those you mentioned and in the top such comments as your comments?

that is all and I declare that I had and I have no intention to offend you
so can we assume that the matter is closed?

krampus
29-10-2010, 06:55 PM
First of all congratulations to the team, keep on with good work. You are the reason I didn't sell my box (but I always knew it's a great little device only missing proper fw).

Just a few remarks from me:
1. When my tv is on standby and the box is booting/rebooting there is no HDMI signal. Box has to be rebooted with the tv turned on to get HDMI output.
2. It would be nice to see (actually hear ;)) ac3/dts passtrough via optical out one day when critical things are fixed
TV is LG 50PK350, fw 1.0.28, elite hd

Cheers! :respect-054:

sattommy
29-10-2010, 07:11 PM
First of all congratulations to the team, keep on with good work. You are the reason I didn't sell my box (but I always knew it's a great little device only missing proper fw).

Just a few remarks from me:
1. When my tv is on standby and the box is booting/rebooting there is no HDMI signal. Box has to be rebooted with the tv turned on to get HDMI output.
2. It would be nice to see (actually hear ;)) ac3/dts passtrough via optical out one day when critical things are fixed
TV is LG 50PK350, fw 1.0.28, elite hd

Cheers! :respect-054:

Ok just to make you enjoy your weekend, here is a dvbmedisink update.
-Fixed hanging of mediaplayer when exiting
-Put spdif output to compressed (yes you can hear dts now ;-))

Known problem:
-Loss of sync after pausing or using numbers to seek in file
-For the rest, what works works, what not will maybe work in next release ;-)

Howto install:
-Copy both .so files into /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/

hfmls
29-10-2010, 08:10 PM
Why wouldn't The_Ripper be nervous and tired of this kinda of posts?!
All users asking same questions.
Many users always asking stupid stuff and making stupid pressure.
When sound fix, when sound fix ?
Many users thinking that this is easy and that they deserve images every day, just
because they have azbox!!
New release today?? Why so quiet ?!

For those users, dudes, u should kiss The_Ripper's and teams ass for what they have done and gonna do yet.

Thank you

Dig Deep
29-10-2010, 08:23 PM
Well, we are not used to see a daily upgrade lol
Think we all love this new version beeing built. We all want the AZ to run and sometime we ask too many things, over and over again.
Still we love it , including the team of course. The box has powers, just waiting for the the tune up.

Just look at this thread, biggest one I ever seen !

AAOM
29-10-2010, 09:02 PM
I have done that. I have put the original DOM. But the popup in the azup has taken more than 7 minutes to appear after saying that everything is 100% ok. Now, 15 minutes later, still appears on the display of Azbox "copying E2 kernel..." I think something is not right. I dare not reboot, hehe. I do not remember if I should continue this message on the display or should disappear before the restart.
The problem is the pendrive!!!
Change pendrive, problem solved!!
E2 to fw oficial==> OK
Fw oficial to E2==> OK

hfmls
29-10-2010, 10:20 PM

Known problem:

Howto install:

amazing speed and smoothness in mediaplayer now.
perfect!

The_Ripper
29-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Small update for p+ users, I got working "init" of the tuner drivers

stv090x_attach: Attaching STV0903 demodulator(1) Cut=0x20
stv6110x_attach: Attaching STV6110x
DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (STV090x Multistandard)...

I hope soon I will finish all things regarding this drivers.

hfmls
29-10-2010, 10:29 PM
you're amazingly fast and good!
keep up awesome work.

rtificial
29-10-2010, 11:29 PM
Well done!

gadgeteer
30-10-2010, 06:18 AM

Known problem:

Howto install:

Just the info:

After updated 2 files, there's no sound(media player) from my TV(LG) anymore. The previous version, the sound works fine on both AC3 and DTS. I'm not sure what I've done wrong.

Thanks...

Cirio
30-10-2010, 09:02 AM
@SatTommy:

Ac3 and DTS working like a charm now!
Thanks. :bravo-009:

I'm using AzBox and Yamaha Amplifier.

hfmls
30-10-2010, 09:03 AM
Just the info:

After updated 2 files, there's no sound(media player) from my TV(LG) anymore. The previous version, the sound works fine on both AC3 and DTS. I'm not sure what I've done wrong.

Thanks...

probably only spid sound now.

hfmls
30-10-2010, 09:04 AM
@SatTommy:

Ac3 and DTS working like a charm now!
Thanks. :bravo-009:

I'm using AzBox and Yamaha Amplifier.

5.1 channels working? :)

sattommy
30-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Just the info:

Thanks...

I will check, it should give compressed audio to spdif, and uncompressed to hdmi.

Which codec did you try, please try mp3, and ac3?

gadgeteer
30-10-2010, 12:13 PM
I will check, it should give compressed audio to spdif, and uncompressed to hdmi.

Which codec did you try, please try mp3, and ac3?

Just the info for latest version :

1. Sound from HDMI
- mkv H264 AC3 and DTS no sound
- mp4 H264 AAC no sound
- m2ts AC3 2.0 from camcorder got sound
- mp3 music got sound
- wav music got sound

2. Mts file format still not recognized(not in the list)

3. Media player functions more smooth(quicker) than previous version but the cog wheel apperas more often.

Thanks...

hfmls
30-10-2010, 12:14 PM
cog appear more often? :S
i gotta say with this new file, i don't get cog at all when stoping movie and such.

gadgeteer
30-10-2010, 12:26 PM
cog appear more often? :S
i gotta say with this new file, i don't get cog at all when stoping movie and such.

Yeah, stopping movie, cog wheel doesn't appear(better) But switching from TV to media player and entering folder the cog appears more often and sometime hang. I'm not sure whether it's because I overclock the cpu or not.

gtg60
30-10-2010, 12:36 PM

Is it possible that your TV cannot process the RAW streams through HDMI or perhaps there is a setting on your TV that needs to be changed?

tiago2009
30-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Hello friends
I'm having trouble following engima2 to receive the signal in elite azbox

and following the original firmware had normal search box was the signal channels engima2 now when I moved to sign because I do not have and for this reason can not do a signal search? I have 2 LNBs with a 1.2 switch already changed the settings for advanced satellite with 2 LNBs and already tested with one lnb do not know because I have no signal.

I liked to help me say something this bad

My thanks to all that this team engaged by the project engima2
Engimais Force 2

erlander
30-10-2010, 02:05 PM
Tested the latest 1.0.29 and it was very promising.
Very good work Ripper and team.

But why is some HD channels stuttering? Any one else had this? For me discovery HD and BBC HD worked a treat but Canal+ Sport HD and Canal+ Film HD (Swedish Canal Digital 0,8W) was stuttering like hell.

mworker
30-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Tested the latest 1.0.29 and it was very promising.
Very good work Ripper and team.

But why is some HD channels stuttering? Any one else had this? For me discovery HD and BBC HD worked a treat but Canal+ Sport HD and Canal+ Film HD (Swedish Canal Digital 0,8W) was stuttering like hell.

I also see this stuttering in HD channels but only when there is no sound.If there is sound,channel works fine.So i think when Ripper fix the audio part HD channels will be ok.

AAOM
30-10-2010, 02:57 PM
The problem is the pendrive!!!
Change pendrive, problem solved!!
E2 to fw oficial==> OK
Fw oficial to E2==> OK
Continue with the problems.
Azbox has been locked and I needed to reboot. IP appears always on display. But I have nothing to USB. Reinstall E2, Azup say everything is ok, but kernel copying E2 display appears. After a while, reboot (On display continues to appear the same) and IP reappears. E2 does not install, although Azup says that everything is installed.

digihoe
30-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Azbox has been locked and I needed to reboot. IP appears always on display. But I have nothing to USB. Reinstall E2, Azup say everything is ok, but kernel copying E2 display appears. After a while, reboot (On display continues to appear the same) and IP reappears. E2 does not install, although Azup says that everything is installed.

How big is your USB pendrive?

halabessa
30-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Guys,

Found this on another forum..... thanks to philippe146

File attached.... hope all of you will give some feed back after trying.

ENJOY:respect-059:

erlander
30-10-2010, 03:36 PM
I also see this stuttering in HD channels but only when there is no sound.If there is sound,channel works fine.So i think when Ripper fix the audio part HD channels will be ok.

Ok thanks

AAOM
30-10-2010, 03:57 PM
How big is your USB pendrive?

I tried several. One of 256 mb, another of 512 mb and a 2 gb. Sometimes it installed well and sometimes does not work. I now use 256mb.

digihoe
30-10-2010, 04:05 PM
I tried several. One of 256 mb, another of 512 mb and a 2 gb. Sometimes it installed well and sometimes does not work. I now use 256mb.

Here: https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=141890 sattommy specified that one should use 512 megs (that 256 might work but that it also might not). Try with bigger pendrives only to see if this resolves your problem.

bluedawe
30-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Here: https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=141890 sattommy specified that one should use 512 megs (that 256 might work but that it also might not). Try with bigger pendrives only to see if this resolves your problem.

I've tried several 2 gigs, one 4 gigs and two 8 gigs without any problem...

Cirio
30-10-2010, 05:46 PM
5.1 channels working? :)

Yep!!

Watched Dante's Peak in DTS and THe Mentalist in AC3.

Bye,

arcibald
30-10-2010, 05:56 PM

Known problem:

Howto install:

Hi

I do not think it was reported ... but :)

I renamed the record file ts in m2ts ... registered with the official firmware 0.9.5020 ... and now you can see and hear in Dolby Digital on my Onkyo amplifier ... only the audio goes out of sync with the frame ... as normal and get this initial warning msg:

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/2323/screenshotjm.jpg

Regards

Arci

@telesat
30-10-2010, 06:05 PM

How big is your DOM ?

If you use unofficial/nonstandard solution for DOM, replacement with CF and use IDE2CF adapter with additionally power supply (DOM use power from IDE connector and OS have full control) - you must to use DOM no CF , because when use IDE2CF adapter , OS haven't conntrol on power supply on CF because you use additional connector for power, DOM use power from IDE connector and OS have full control, and after make partitions and reboot azbox - must reset CF , but when use IDE2CF adapter this is not posible.

so , solution to your problem is - use DOM , no CF with IDE2CF adapter .
of course you can use bigger DOM , but DOM , no CF ;)

rgs,
telesat

AAOM
30-10-2010, 06:45 PM
How big is your DOM ?

If you use unofficial/nonstandard solution for DOM, replacement with CF and use IDE2CF adapter with additionally power supply (DOM use power from IDE connector and OS have full control) - you must to use DOM no CF , because when use IDE2CF adapter , OS haven't conntrol on power supply on CF because you use additional connector for power, DOM use power from IDE connector and OS have full control, and after make partitions and reboot azbox - must reset CF , but when use IDE2CF adapter this is not posible.

so , solution to your problem is - use DOM , no CF with IDE2CF adapter .
of course you can use bigger DOM , but DOM , no CF ;)

rgs,
telesat
I tried with original DOM and DOM adapter and I have the same problem several times. In tests I've used flash drive of 256MB, 512MB and 2 GB

Now, I formatted SDcard with HDD Low Level Format, I have again the DOM adapter with SDcard formatted, I installed everything and it works well. Maybe a bit slower, but Azup has not given me any problems.

Took several days installing and uninstalling E2 with different problems. Most of the time, Azup says that everything is finished, says Azbox restart but the display does not say the same thing.

Can you explain one thing?. E2 is installed, Azbox crashes, Azbox restart, why, sometimes, IP appears in display if there is nothing in the USB port?

If you are interested, everything is published, but is in Spanish.

Sorry for my english.

Regards

Edit: My SDcard for adapter DOM is 4 Gb.

@telesat
30-10-2010, 06:59 PM
Can you explain one thing?. E2 is installed, Azbox crashes, Azbox restart, why, sometimes, IP appears in display if there is nothing in the USB port?

If you are interested, everything is published, but is in Spanish.

You get IP on display if :
1.in AZBOX is inserted usb stick with file : patch.bin
or
2.if E2 files is not present on DOM (or OS don't see DOM) -(your case)

Ofcourse i'm interested for more info , pls give mi link for Spanish explanation.

rgs,

adrray1974
30-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Have been following this thread for a long time now, and decided to have a look at the New Enigma 2 image, 1.029.

Put Patch on a 32GB USB Pen Drive, formatted Fat32.
Installation went fine using AZUP 1.1

All booted correctly.

Scanned 28.2 on intermediate settings, and only found 235 channels, so changed to Basic, rescanned and found more channels, so was happy there.

Channels would open, however as already mentioned, you dont get audio ALL the time, and as well as no audio all the time, the channels without audio also had a stuttered image.

If you flick up and down on the channels till you get audio, then the channel with audio works fine.

Tried to mount Network drives, but to no avail.

Installed CCcam 2.1.4 and all worked fine.

Due to the lack of audio with channels, unless i flick up and down till i get audio, i un installed and went back to official fw.

As a first impression, looks good. Remote for AZBox seems to have functions on diff buttons.. but trial and error you get to see what the buttons do.

Will wait now untill there is a stable release which has no problems with audio, then will look at trying to mount my network drive.

Keep up the good work

:king-042:

AAOM
30-10-2010, 07:22 PM
With DOM adapter I got it to work. Now, I have original DOM. Azup says: "E2 succefully install, remove USB stick and reboot" but in display Appears "E2 Copyying Kernel." If I restart IP appears in display. E2 is not installed. Solution? I remind you that is original DOM.

I do not know how to power the DOM adapter can you tell me where to look any scheme?

All tests are in:

http://www.azboxhd.es/foro/forumdisplay.php/82-Enigma2

I would like to know your opinion on this:

http://www.azboxhd.es/foro/showthread.php/8830-Recuperar-decos-muertos-con-E2-teniendo-adaptador-DOM?goto=newpost

There is a fellow who says he should not start if the SDcard Azbox is formatted and E2 is installed in Azbox. I want no one break your Azbox for listening to me. It works for me, but of course, I understand I had not installed E2. But if IP appears in display, I do not I have official firmware installed.

I hope you do not disturb too. Just trying to test and get some conclusion.

Regards

Edit: Yet, for ten minutes, appears on display Copying E2 Kernel. I have closed the popup Azup. I will restart.

simon30000
30-10-2010, 07:26 PM
this continuous booting prob that i have. + many others when a flash goes wrong
got the nokia cable bt 4 pins very tricky to get this connected to putty in to yamon
question from me is
is there any other way or anything that we could put on usb stick maybe, not bin file maybe is there somthing else that would work to make az realize to stop this continuos booting
is there or could there be a special magic patch with defalt ip that az could my az premiem boot up directly into menu

AAOM
30-10-2010, 07:28 PM
E2 not instaled!
Appears IP in Azbox display. I do not understand.
Because Azup says that everything is ok then?

@telesat
30-10-2010, 07:43 PM
E2 not instaled!
Appears IP in Azbox display. I do not understand.
Because Azup says that everything is ok then?

Because ...
AZUp don't know what you doing , remove medium after copying the files with azup, use unoficial dom... :)

so , if you want to spam forum - this is your choice
if you want to test e2 - use standard configuration of AZBox.

rgs,
telesat

AAOM
30-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Because ...
AZUp don't know what you doing , remove medium after copying the files with azup, use unoficial dom... :)

so , if you want to spam forum - this is your choice
if you want to test e2 - use standard configuration of AZBox.

rgs,
telesat
No, no: You have not read all.

Now, I have original DOM. Azup says: "E2 succefully install, remove USB stick and reboot" but in display Appears "E2 Copyying Kernel." If I restart IP appears in display. E2 is not installed. Solution? I remind you that is original DOM.

I can only think that original DOM is broken. is there any way to format?

Regards.

moicas3004
30-10-2010, 08:05 PM
No, no: You have not read all.

I can only think that original DOM is broken

Regards.

After instalation warning have you removed the usb from the box? then, without the usb make the reboot.

@telesat
30-10-2010, 08:11 PM
@AAOM
Ok, pls make small test and give mi info :
how much time passed from pressing Update button 'till you get the mesage: "E2 succefully install, remove USB stick and reboot"
please measure the time, not the one that azup shows

rgs,

AAOM
30-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Yes friend. I do so

AAOM
30-10-2010, 08:26 PM
@telesat. eight minutes and twenty seconds

@telesat
30-10-2010, 08:45 PM
@telesat. eight minutes and twenty seconds

hmm
this is not ok
try this : https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=141890
and tell me what is happend

rgs,

AAOM
30-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Ok, I will try later. Now I can not
Thanks

sattommy
30-10-2010, 10:37 PM
I cant test now but i have made some changes regarding spdif. attached you will find 2 versionsions:

-SPDIFout-> outputs raw spdif (and hopefully working hdmi)
-HDMIout->gives 2 channels and hdmi for sure

if spdifout doesn;t give good hdmi, maybe driver needs patch, will speak with the_ripper about this.

Please test and report, as i am not near a azbox now

Regards,

Tommy

[0_o]
31-10-2010, 02:09 AM
@VFL
but,

@The_Ripper

Where can I get those drivers to adapt? I found some stuff around, but I'm not sure if is the right things. Maybe I can give a hand (I dont know if I really can, but I should, at least, try!).

Best Regards

PS- What I found is this file: "mrua_SMP8634_2.8.7.0_dev.mips.zip" at some french forum (I guess).

gadgeteer
31-10-2010, 05:33 AM
Just the info:

spdif version : there's no sound on TV
hdmi version : there's sound on TV (I'm using this one :))

Thanks...

pr2
31-10-2010, 08:07 AM
When there is no sound the image is stuttering.
So press the Resolution button twice and wait for sound, if not press again twice resolution button... until you have sound.

Once you have sound, the image is no longer stuttering.

Pr2

gadgeteer
31-10-2010, 08:58 AM
When there is no sound the image is stuttering.
So press the Resolution button twice and wait for sound, if not press again twice resolution button... until you have sound.

Once you have sound, the image is no longer stuttering.

Pr2

This issue I already knew.... But what I'm talking about is the media player part. Thank....

Cirio
31-10-2010, 09:46 AM
I cant test now but i have made some changes regarding spdif. attached you will find 2 versionsions:

-SPDIFout-> outputs raw spdif (and hopefully working hdmi)
-HDMIout->gives 2 channels and hdmi for sure

Tommy

SPDIFout: 5.1 channels on SPDIF (both DTS and ac3):respect-059: - No sound thru HDMI

HDMIout: 2 channels on SPDIF (Both DTS and ac3) - No sound thru HDMI

Test were made with AzBox connected to a Yamaha amplifier (both HDMI and SPDIF)

Hope this help!

Bye,

AAOM
31-10-2010, 10:01 AM
hmm
this is not ok
try this : https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=141890
and tell me what is happend

rgs,
I understand that something is wrong:

# sfdisk -f -uM /dev/sdb < /patch/hda.out
/dev/sdb: No such device or address

sfdisk: cannot open /dev/sdb read-write
# mkfs.ext3 /dev/sdb1
mke2fs 1.41.12 (17-May-2010)
mkfs.ext3: No such device

Solutions?

I can format DOM?
How?

shklifo
31-10-2010, 10:43 AM
AAOM, that link (from @telesat) is only to boot e2 from a usb stick and haven't to do with DOM.
With those steps you are preparing a usb stick (the device /dev/sdb) formating it in 2 partition to boot from and mount enigma2 on that stick.
If you read carefully the link (sattommy explaination) you definetly need 2 usb stick (one formated FAT32 with enigma patch and another one to copy the enigma2 files. After you prepare the last one (second usb stick) you can boot from it).
And this whole have nothing to do with DOM formatting.

The "/dev/sdb: No such device or address" tolds you that on your Azbox is only 1 usb stick attached and not 2 (first stick is /dev/sda).

To be more clear on the Azbox the devices are like following:
1) hda (/dev/hda) is the DOM and the partitions are hda1,hda2 etc.
2) hdb (/dev/hdb) is the internal hard disk with partitions like hdb1, hdb2 etc.
3) sda (/dev/sda) is the first attached usb device with his partitions sda1, sda2 etc
4) sdb (/dev/sdb) is the second attached usb device with the partitions sdb1, sdb2 etc

Hope that helps,

AAOM
31-10-2010, 12:37 PM
I format original DOM by telnet.
I change original DOM for SD adapter with firmware E2. I restore oficial firmware in SD adapter with azup.
I change SD adapter for original DOM and i restore oficial fw in original DOM with pendrive and patch.bin -0.9.5020.-
All ok.
Thanks for your help, friends.

The_Ripper
31-10-2010, 12:43 PM
@[0_o]
Download this, extract and you will find linux kernel source for Sigma

hxxp://download.wdc.com/gpl/WDTV_Live_GPL_code_package.1.01.2 4.zip

jamesjay
31-10-2010, 01:10 PM
AAOM, that link (from @telesat) is only to boot e2 from a usb stick and haven't to do with DOM.
With those steps you are preparing a usb stick (the device /dev/sdb) formating it in 2 partition to boot from and mount enigma2 on that stick.
If you read carefully the link (sattommy explaination) you definetly need 2 usb stick (one formated FAT32 with enigma patch and another one to copy the enigma2 files. After you prepare the last one (second usb stick) you can boot from it).
And this whole have nothing to do with DOM formatting.

The "/dev/sdb: No such device or address" tolds you that on your Azbox is only 1 usb stick attached and not 2 (first stick is /dev/sda).

To be more clear on the Azbox the devices are like following:
1) hda (/dev/hda) is the DOM and the partitions are hda1,hda2 etc.
2) hdb (/dev/hdb) is the internal hard disk with partitions like hdb1, hdb2 etc.
3) sda (/dev/sda) is the first attached usb device with his partitions sda1, sda2 etc
4) sdb (/dev/sdb) is the second attached usb device with the partitions sdb1, sdb2 etc

Hope that helps,

I don't know about AAOM but your post helped me so thank you Shklifo.

There seems to be a number of different methods to load E2 and then to revert back, and I am getting confused as are I am sure a number of other users. I have loaded Premium plus E2 rar from the first post and I am using a Premium plus so I don't I think I have used the wrong version...I am unsure what files to load on the second USB after loading the first or if I need to, but I am having trouble reverting back to original 0.9.5020 firmware, I don't get rescue mode on the VFD when I put a USB with the Opensat patch on it...I get various numbers on the front of the box like 100 69 100 63 64 100 and so on until the box stays at 100, if I have the USB with E2 patch on it in the front the clogs appear and I have the E2 menu but only sometimes...so I think I have only partly loaded E2.

I think it is because E2 is moving so quickly that it is getting confusing especially if like me you have never used a Dreambox or the like...I can FTP and Telnet my box using DCC Filezilla Putty and ACC, DCC confirms E2 is detected, I have followed the instruction in Back to Original FW rar, but in putty cannot get the command ./update /MMP/backup_kernel to run.

If you are anyone can help or issue a step by step guide based on the most recent updates to E2 it would be helpful to all with problems.

Thanks again

James

[0_o]
31-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Thanks @The_Ripper.
Just another anoying question: In that pack can I get some stuff to work with VFD too??

Best Regards ;)

zeini
31-10-2010, 01:57 PM
@jamesjay

This version of E2 is only for Elite and normal Premium, not for Premium Plus!

leao6
31-10-2010, 02:12 PM
I don't know about AAOM but your post helped me so thank you Shklifo.

There seems to be a number of different methods to load E2 and then to revert back, and I am getting confused as are I am sure a number of other users. I have loaded Premium plus E2 rar from the first post and I am using a Premium plus so I don't I think I have used the wrong version...I am unsure what files to load on the second USB after loading the first or if I need to, but I am having trouble reverting back to original 0.9.5020 firmware, I don't get rescue mode on the VFD when I put a USB with the Opensat patch on it...I get various numbers on the front of the box like 100 69 100 63 64 100 and so on until the box stays at 100, if I have the USB with E2 patch on it in the front the clogs appear and I have the E2 menu but only sometimes...so I think I have only partly loaded E2.

I think it is because E2 is moving so quickly that it is getting confusing especially if like me you have never used a Dreambox or the like...I can FTP and Telnet my box using DCC Filezilla Putty and ACC, DCC confirms E2 is detected, I have followed the instruction in Back to Original FW rar, but in putty cannot get the command ./update /MMP/backup_kernel to run.

If you are anyone can help or issue a step by step guide based on the most recent updates to E2 it would be helpful to all with problems.

Thanks again

James

??????? as is possible after both speak the same

The_Ripper
31-10-2010, 02:41 PM
@[0_o]
No, sorry.

@all
Finally I got p+ tuner driver working, I will see with team members when we will release new E2 image. Pls stay tuned ;)

rtificial
31-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Great news. I don't own a P+ but I think it's great to involve the P+ owners in this as well :)

cjgap
31-10-2010, 02:57 PM
good friends
help needed
loading the E2 pach 29 did something wrong
that the right to reset the elite hd azbox theme in the display the following message
thus appears
Power On
booting
geeko: ip
resuce mode
escu mode
this with the thumb tucked in azbox
reiterates the pen appears in the following
Power On
booting
geeko: ip
who can give a hint
thank
thanks

@telesat
31-10-2010, 03:09 PM
@cjgap
Switch on DHCP server on your router and reboot azbox (with usb stick)
In next ver of AZUp i will add dhcp , becuase some users don't have this.

rgs,

jamesjay
31-10-2010, 03:29 PM
@jamesjay

This version of E2 is only for Elite and normal Premium, not for Premium Plus!

Thanks for your reply Zeini, I downloaded a patch that read "Premium Plus rar" on the opening page of this thread, this was after reading a post on Friday about the Plus driver and "init" being sorted, and is why I thought this rar file was an updated version for plus users. This is what I mean about confusion due to so many updates, if the "premium plus rar" file is not to be used it should be withdrawn from the post, however I should still be able to revert back to the original opensat firmware because of the following.

When I reboot with a USB containing the E2 patch, I get the clogs and if I press OK I get the E2 info page, then if I press menu I get the E2 menu page and can go through the menu, so based on the fact that E2 is loading from USB, if I follow the Go Back to original firmware instructions it should work and get me back to opensat firmware.

It is the command prompt when in Telnet that won't work for me, it states something like "no kernel" after I try to run the command.

Kind regards

James.

The_Ripper
31-10-2010, 03:39 PM
@jamesjay
That images was released before any tuners was working, just OSD+remote is working, to show users that Azbox receivers can run E2 ....

jromero
31-10-2010, 03:51 PM
@[0_o]
No, sorry.

@all
Finally I got p+ tuner driver working, I will see with team members when we will release new E2 image. Pls stay tuned ;)

When will be fixed the sound and video problems ??

Thanks a lot and good luck my friend !

massimo1167
31-10-2010, 03:55 PM

Known problem:

Howto install:
Hi Sattommy,
maybe someone already ask about .ts files recorded with original firmware, I'm not able to play.

@The_Ripper team
finally today I've found some times to install for the first time E2 on the box.
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N ! ! !
As this is an alfa release, I'm pretty happy almost more than the original firmware...
I'm sure that when you have time to work on the details we will have an enviable result!!!

Juka
31-10-2010, 04:00 PM

Hello

If I´m not mistaken The_Ripper said when Premium+ tuner was fixed then he would go and fix audio and video bug/crashes, then internal card reader! All in good time!
I know it´s a bit boring to read all this posts in this neverending thread but there´s plenty of info and doubts enlightned in previous threads.
I´m one of those who are waiting to have internal card reader working to install Enigma2. I also have to understand that users of Premium+ have the rigth to test like every other users do, so I have to wait patiently...
Keep up the good work!

Regards
Juka

massimo1167
31-10-2010, 04:05 PM

as a workaround I suggest You to press "resolution" button or change channel, but be patient for now.

jromero
31-10-2010, 04:10 PM
as a workaround I suggest You to press "resolution" button or change channel, but be patient for now.

Yess, I know it. I don't want to press anyperson but it was only a question, sorry pleased !! :king-041:

Great work The Ripper!!

jamesjay
31-10-2010, 04:10 PM
@jamesjay
That images was released before any tuners was working, just OSD+remote is working, to show users that Azbox receivers can run E2 ....

Thanks The_Ripper, What if anything can I do, if I load a more recent Elite E2 patch should I be able to use the "Back to Original Firmware" regardless of my using it with a plus, or am I best off waiting for a new image for the plus to override the patch I have? I have another STB for watching channels so it is no problem to wait.

Kind regards and thanks for all you and your team have done for us.

James.

The_Ripper
31-10-2010, 04:33 PM
@jamesjay
You can install E2 , but on E2 start it will failed on Nim manager python script because tuner driver isnt there and E2 will start looping and yes you can back on original FW with Azup like elite/premium users can.

Juka
31-10-2010, 04:39 PM
On AZBox-Enigma official forum:

Hello,

Premium+ drivers also fixed and today You can expect new version of Enigma 2 for Elite/Premium/Premium+ .
Good news for the owners of Premuim+!

Regards
Juka

the illuminati
31-10-2010, 05:25 PM
On AZBox-Enigma official forum:

Good news for the owners of Premuim+!

Regards
Juka

do you think that this new release is just for the premium+ or there
may be some fixes for the others?

Juka
31-10-2010, 05:30 PM
do you think that this new release is just for the premium+ or there
may be some fixes for the others?

Hi

I think it´s for Elite, Premium and Premium+ like it´s quoted but it is best to wait for any member of the team to answer that for sure!
Like MickeySa said, soon (today) we´ll have news!

Regards
Juka

The_Ripper
31-10-2010, 05:45 PM
@the illuminati
There is some fixes, like Mute/Unmute and Volume control, for p+ users FAN control enabled and activated, plus few more fixes.
I told very clear that I work on p+ tuner drivers STV090X and STV6110X and it take me all the time for that, now when I have this working and p+ users can join us in this E2 testing for Azbox receivers, I will now go back and start fixing problems.
Few post earlier users ask same question over and over and it start getting on my nervs, SO I BEG YOU pls wait till some normal BETA comes out with some full funcionality, so you can stop asking every day question.

Doume
31-10-2010, 05:57 PM
On release 1.029 or less, it's possible to change the root password :

Only create manually the missing file /etc/shadow

> /etc/shadow

Now, you can use 'passwd' utility, and change root password as you want

Enjoy !

**esp**
31-10-2010, 06:05 PM
@the illuminati
There is some fixes, like Mute/Unmute and Volume control, for p+ users FAN control enabled and activated, plus few more fixes.

Sounds great, especially the fan for P+ owners when it gets released. :)

massimo1167
31-10-2010, 07:22 PM
Guys,

Found this on another forum..... thanks to philippe146

File attached.... hope all of you will give some feed back after trying.

ENJOY:respect-059:
where to put?

drspiros
31-10-2010, 07:24 PM
I can't play recorded .ts files, although recording is OK. Am I doing something wrong?

kebien
31-10-2010, 09:01 PM
I can't play recorded .ts files, although recording is OK. Am I doing something wrong?

Recording with E2 should not be working,so,if you have recorded using E2 image do not expect to play it.

In the other hand,it looks like media player cannot play TS files yet,and this is the second reason for the TS file not being able to display.

cjgap
31-10-2010, 10:41 PM
good friends
thanks
problem solved
follow your tips
azbox alive

swgw
01-11-2010, 12:39 AM
@the illuminati
I told very clear that I work on p+ tuner drivers STV090X and STV6110X and it take me all the time for that, now when I have this working and p+ users can join us in this E2 testing for Azbox receivers, I will now go back and start fixing problems.
Few post earlier users ask same question over and over and it start getting on my nervs, SO I BEG YOU pls wait till some normal BETA comes out with some full funcionality, so you can stop asking every day question.

Thanks for the news for the P+, shovel ready to get the box out of the grave yard.

nice work mate.:respect-052:

@telesat
01-11-2010, 12:43 AM
Enigma 2 v1.0.30

What is new :

- P+ tuner driver tested

- P+ FAN control enabled and activated

- some fixes in audio - volume control now is ok, mute/unmute also

- plus few more fixes

Enigma 2 v1.0.30 (http://www.azbox-enigma.eu/e107/news.php?item.4.2)

rgs,

gorgeit
01-11-2010, 01:15 AM
i put ip in press update but it says file not found unable to complete request .
any ideas

pazzoider
01-11-2010, 01:19 AM
I've installed Enigma 2 v1.0.30 on a azbox elite.
After flashing, the boot stops at 25% and then the box remanins blocked with "elite" on the VDF.

I've retried to flash, but the result was the same.
I've done some mistake?
Anybody can help me?

gorgeit
01-11-2010, 01:20 AM
sorted it put patch bin file in the azup folder working now

xerses
01-11-2010, 01:28 AM
I've installed Enigma 2 v1.0.30 on a azbox elite.
After flashing, the boot stops at 25% and then the box remanins blocked with "elite" on the VDF.

I've retried to flash, but the result was the same.
I've done some mistake?
Anybody can help me?

I have a same problem with premium blocked at 25%

kevinch9
01-11-2010, 01:31 AM
12... 25... elite ...blocked

gorgeit
01-11-2010, 01:37 AM
mine installs but on reboot gets to 100 and stops

lukinario2
01-11-2010, 01:40 AM
12... 25... elite ...blocked too.....

kevinch9
01-11-2010, 01:40 AM
PS on telnet for elite blocked

root@AZBox:~# ps
PID USER VSZ STAT COMMAND
1 root 1732 S init [3]
2 root 0 SW [kthreadd]
3 root 0 SWN [ksoftirqd/0]
4 root 0 SW [events/0]
5 root 0 SW [khelper]
27 root 0 SW [kblockd/0]
28 root 0 SW [cqueue/0]
31 root 0 SW [khubd]
48 root 0 SW [pdflush]
49 root 0 SW [pdflush]
50 root 0 SW [kswapd0]
51 root 0 SWN [kprefetchd]
52 root 0 SW [aio/0]
53 root 0 SW [cifsoplockd]
54 root 0 SW [cifsdnotifyd]
56 root 0 SW [xfslogd/0]
57 root 0 SW [xfsdatad/0]
595 root 0 SW [mtdblockd]
647 root 0 SW [kjournald]
703 root 2188 S < udevd --daemon
1395 root 0 SW [irvfd]
1443 messageb 2424 S /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --system
1451 avahi 3168 S avahi-daemon: running [AZBox.local]
1491 root 5924 S nmbd -D
1493 root 10036 S smbd -D
1526 root 2520 S udh*** -R -b -T3 -A10 -p /var/run/udh***.eth0.pid -i
1550 root 10036 S smbd -D
1551 root 2364 S /usr/sbin/dropbear -r /etc/dropbear/dropbear_rsa_host
1554 root 1840 S /usr/sbin/inetd
1653 root 2268 S /usr/sbin/automount --pid-file=/var/run/autofs/_autof
1791 root 2840 S telnetd
1792 root 2836 S -sh
1795 nobody 2304 S vsftpd
1797 root 2340 S vsftpd
1798 root 2840 S telnetd
1799 root 2836 S -sh
1864 root 2520 S /bin/sh /usr/bin/enigma2.sh
1866 root 15268 R /usr/bin/enigma2
1867 root 2836 R ps

kanber_kav
01-11-2010, 01:45 AM
Azbox Premium
Dmesg

Code: 1220fff2 00000000 8e220230 <8c450000> 14a00010 00000000 ae110074 8e22
0230 8c420004
CPU 0 Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address c8a283f4, epc ==
902be738, ra == 900aa13c
Oops[#10]:
Cpu 0
$ 0 : 00000000 7fa3ec34 c8a283f4 9098b020
$ 4 : 00000001 953b2a20 00000021 9043d58c
$ 8 : 00000000 386d4448 90980000 fffffff8
$12 : 00000012 2aad63c0 2aad4f00 0d696912
$16 : 953b2a20 96521800 00000000 9639855c
$20 : 953b2a20 90ce20b0 0049d434 2aac8498
$24 : 00000002 00000000
$28 : 95d46000 95d47de8 00000000 900aa13c
Hi : 00000008
Lo : 006f74cc
epc : 902be738 fb_open+0x70/0x178 Tainted: PF
ra : 900aa13c chrdev_open+0x16c/0x2c8
Cause : 50808008
BadVA : c8a283f4
PrId : 00019069
Modules linked in: stv6110x stv090x cx24116 em8xxx(PF) llad(P) irvfd(P) tangox_e
hci_hcd
Process enigma2 (pid: 1774, threadinfo=95d46000, task=96a88878)
Stack : 00002003 900b4c08 953b2a20 90cfbb80 00000000 90cfbb80 00000000 900aa13c
00002002 00000006 900b4d24 90574c24 00000000 95d47ea0 953b2a20 9639855c
00000000 900a9fd0 9657fd40 900a3840 7fa3ec34 00000024 9487c614 90968b40
953b2a20 95d47ea0 00002002 00000000 ffffff9c 00000008 900a3af0 95d47ea0
00002002 00000000 ffffff9c 00000008 00000000 2aac8498 00002002 900a3b64
Call Trace:
[<902be738>] fb_open+0x70/0x178
[<900aa13c>] chrdev_open+0x16c/0x2c8
[<900a3840>] __dentry_open+0x120/0x2f0
[<900a3af0>] nameidata_to_filp+0x4c/0x64
[<900a3b64>] do_filp_open+0x5c/0x78
[<900a3be8>] do_sys_open+0x68/0x118
[<9002f784>] stack_done+0x20/0x3c

Code: 1220fff2 00000000 8e220230 <8c450000> 14a00010 00000000 ae110074 8e22
0230 8c420004
root@AZBox:~#

kevinch9
01-11-2010, 02:14 AM
Boot folder empty.
no backdrop.mvi.... nothing

gorgeit
01-11-2010, 03:01 AM
got it working just need to upload a channel list .
is it still user name root pass azbox
thanks

hfmls
01-11-2010, 03:04 AM
please premium+ users report stability and if it works ok, so The_Ripper can move to next features.

(yes sound problems are normal! )

pazzoider
01-11-2010, 03:11 AM
got it working just need to upload a channel list .
is it still user name root pass azbox
thanks
Have you elite, premium or premium +?
You have solved sending a channel list?
I can't solve in this manner...

let me know gorgeit :)

kevinch9
01-11-2010, 03:13 AM
please premium+ users report stability and if it works ok, so The_Ripper can move to next features.

(yes sound problems are normal! )

Boas amigo
a ti tamen te ocorre que o deco se bloquea coa version 1.0.30 ao arrancar?
12....25..."elite"
vexo que lle pasa a moita xente
Graças dende Galiza

xerses
01-11-2010, 03:19 AM
Have you elite, premium or premium +?
You have solved sending a channel list?
I can't solve in this manner...

let me know gorgeit :)

I copied a channel list and still stuck on premium

hfmls
01-11-2010, 03:23 AM
English ..........

kevinch9
01-11-2010, 03:27 AM
English ..........
Hi friend
the problem of elite blocked have solution?
very people have this problem
u put this version on your azbox?
run ok? or blocked to of "elite"
thanks

crazy2
01-11-2010, 03:31 AM
freezes version 1.0.30 to boot
12 .... 24 ... 'premium'

crazy2
01-11-2010, 03:57 AM
<enigma2>
<crashdate>Sat Jan 1 00:08:50 2000</crashdate>
<compiledate>Oct 16 2010</compiledate>
<contactemail>crashlog@dream-multimedia-tv.de</contactemail>
<!-- Please email this crashlog to above address -->
</enigma2>
<image>
<kernelcmdline>mem=107m console=ttyS0,115200</kernelcmdline>
<imageversion>
<![CDATA[
version=1000201009022245
comment=OpenDreambox
target=9
creator=OpenEmbedded <oe@dreamboxupdate.com>
url=http://www.dreamboxupdate.com/
catalog=http://www.dreamboxupdate.com/
]]>
</imageversion>
<imageissue>
<![CDATA[
OpenDreambox 1.6.0 %h

]]>
</imageissue>
</image>
<software>
<enigma2software>
<![CDATA[
enigma2 - experimental-git20100728-r0
enigma2-defaultservices - 1.0-r4
enigma2-plugin-extensions-cutlisteditor - experimental-git20100728-r0
enigma2-plugin-extensions-genuinedreambox - experimental-cvs20100727-r0
enigma2-plugin-extensions-graphmultiepg - experimental-git20100728-r0
enigma2-plugin-extensions-mediaplayer - experimental-git20100728-r0
enigma2-plugin-extensions-mediascanner - experimental-git20100728-r0
enigma2-plugin-extensions-modem - experimental-git20100728-r0
enigma2-plugin-extensions-pictureplayer - experimental-git20100728-r0
enigma2-plugin-extensions-webinterface - experimental-cvs20100727-r0
enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-frontprocessorupgrade - experimental-git20100728-r0
enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-hotplug - experimental-git20100728-r0
enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-network****** - experimental-git20100728-r0
enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-positionersetup - experimental-git20100728-r0
enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-satfinder - experimental-git20100728-r0
enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-skinselector - experimental-git20100728-r0
enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-softwaremanager - experimental-git20100728-r0
enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-videomode - experimental-git20100728-r0
enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-videotune - experimental-git20100728-r0
enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-wirelesslan - experimental-git20100728-r0
enigma2-streamproxy - 1.0cvs20080728-r0
task-opendreambox-enigma2 - 1.0-r5
]]>
</enigma2software>
<dreamboxsoftware>
<![CDATA[
dreambox-blindscan-utils - 1.1-r0
dreambox-bootlogo - 2.1-r3
dreambox-compat - 1.0-r0
dreambox-dccamd - 1.2-r3
dreambox-dvb-modules - 2.6.18-7.3-dm800-20100623-r0
dreambox-dvb-tools-v3 - 1.7-r0
dreambox-feed-configs - 1.0-r0
dreambox-keymaps - 1.0-r1
dreambox-modem-ppp-scripts - 0.1-r0
dreambox-secondstage - 76-r1
dreambox-tpmd - 4-r2
dreambox-wdog - 1.2-r0
enigma2-plugin-extensions-genuinedreambox - experimental-cvs20100727-r0
initscripts-opendreambox - 1.0-r24
task-opendreambox-base - 1.0-r5
task-opendreambox-dvbapi3 - 1.0-r0
task-opendreambox-enigma2 - 1.0-r5
task-opendreambox-modem - 1.0-r0
task-opendreambox-wlan - 1.0-r3
]]>
</dreamboxsoftware>
<gstreamersoftware>
<![CDATA[
gst-plugin-alsa - 0.10.30-r9.0
gst-plugin-apetag - 0.10.24-r9.0
gst-plugin-app - 0.10.30-r9.0
gst-plugin-audioconvert - 0.10.30-r9.0
gst-plugin-audioparsersbad - 0.10.19-r9.1
gst-plugin-audioresample - 0.10.30-r9.0
gst-plugin-autodetect - 0.10.24-r9.0
gst-plugin-decodebin - 0.10.30-r9.0
gst-plugin-decodebin2 - 0.10.30-r9.0
gst-plugin-dvbmediasink - 0.10+cvs20100729-r0
gst-plugin-flac - 0.10.24-r9.0
gst-plugin-icydemux - 0.10.24-r9.0
gst-plugin-id3demux - 0.10.24-r9.0
gst-plugin-ivorbisdec - 0.10.30-r9.0
gst-plugin-mad - 0.10.15-r9.0
gst-plugin-matroska - 0.10.24-r9.0
gst-plugin-mpegaudioparse - 0.10.15-r9.0
gst-plugin-mpegdemux - 0.10.19-r9.1
gst-plugin-mpegstream - 0.10.15-r9.0
gst-plugin-ogg - 0.10.30-r9.0
gst-plugin-playbin - 0.10.30-r9.0
gst-plugin-qtdemux - 0.10.24-r9.0
gst-plugin-rtp - 0.10.24-r9.0
gst-plugin-rtpmanager - 0.10.24-r9.0
gst-plugin-rtsp - 0.10.24-r9.0
gst-plugin-selector - 0.10.19-r9.1
gst-plugin-souphttpsrc - 0.10.24-r9.0
gst-plugin-subparse - 0.10.30-r9.0
gst-plugin-typefindfunctions - 0.10.30-r9.0
gst-plugin-udp - 0.10.24-r9.0
gst-plugin-vorbis - 0.10.30-r9.0
gst-plugin-wavparse - 0.10.24-r9.0
gstreamer - 0.10.30-r0
libgstapp-0.10-0 - 0.10.30-r9.0
libgstaudio-0.10-0 - 0.10.30-r9.0
libgstinterfaces-0.10-0 - 0.10.30-r9.0
libgstnetbuffer-0.10-0 - 0.10.30-r9.0
libgstpbutils-0.10-0 - 0.10.30-r9.0
libgstriff-0.10-0 - 0.10.30-r9.0
libgstrtp-0.10-0 - 0.10.30-r9.0
libgstrtsp-0.10-0 - 0.10.30-r9.0
libgstsdp-0.10-0 - 0.10.30-r9.0
libgsttag-0.10-0 - 0.10.30-r9.0
libgstvideo-0.10-0 - 0.10.30-r9.0
]]>
</gstreamersoftware>
</software>
<crashlogs>
<enigma2crashlog>
<![CDATA[
+ (1) Background File Eraser
+ (8) graphics acceleration manager
+ (9) gLCDDC
couldn't open LCD - load lcd.o!
lcd buffer 0x6a3a08 8448 bytes, stride 132
+ (9) GFBDC
FATAL: no framebuffer available
]]>
</enigma2crashlog>
<pythonMD5sum>
<![CDATA[
943167eb90dc3145e1b9f61dbd098c3b /usr/lib/enigma2/python/tools.py
2c2235efea39b47d55c0205b3bdd0e23 /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Task.py
11000ec9591b9e5a9f5bed4037d2c91f /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/VolumeBar.py
c49b29929b4e4162394dc2f7a8c772f8 /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ScrollLabel.py
83384daaed9da756f7866d192d26b4b2 /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Renderer/Canvas.py
0ac8f04c6afce9e867315523e2e609c8 /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Renderer/Picon.py

enigma2 crash log

DGSCronos
01-11-2010, 09:08 AM
Premium+ owner here. Just tried it very briefly. Because I have to work, unfortunately, heh. The flashing went fine though. Most things seem to be working. Sound mostly working with SD channels. But couldn't get any sound with hd channels. Tried it repeatedly. Will try further when I get back home tonight from work. But very impressive work so far. Thank you the_ripper & team!

valerie
01-11-2010, 09:28 AM
on premuim+ work fine

Smudger
01-11-2010, 09:32 AM
Premium+ owner here. Just tried it very briefly. Because I have to work, unfortunately, heh. The flashing went fine though. Most things seem to be working. Sound mostly working with SD channels. But couldn't get any sound with hd channels. Tried it repeatedly. Will try further when I get back home tonight from work. But very impressive work so far. Thank you the_ripper & team!

These are the problems we have with Premium and Elite so looks like we are all at the same stage.
We all have to wait until fix is available.

valerie
01-11-2010, 09:38 AM
but in prmium because i have premuim and premuim+
on premuim+ work very fine P+
P+ FAN control work, volume control work also
but on premuim when i install it after reboot it's stay blocked after 25% with "premuim"
on VFD
thanks greay work perfect

azbox4ever
01-11-2010, 09:59 AM
Hello
Same problem ,blocked on "Premium" on the panel off Azbox Premium

zfeet
01-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Premium+ and the gui finally shows up! The_Ripper: is there any way to assist in writing the DVB-C driver?

pr2
01-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Hi,

Please stop installing version 1.0.30 on Elite or Premium.
This version only works on Premium+.

Pr2

crazy2
01-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Hi,

Pr2
ok. Thanks ,

espac
01-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Hai!

Pleas, still waiting DVB-T on ELITE.

Thanks!

The_Ripper
01-11-2010, 11:15 AM
Hi guys,
go to rescue mode ,telnet to receiver and mount DOM, for example

#/>mkdir DOM
#/>mount /dev/hda1 /DOM

then FTP to receiver and replace file /DOM/lib/modules/2.6.22.19-19-the_ripper/extra/em8634dvb.ko with one attached with this message.

Then just reboot.

kevinch9
01-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Hi guys,

#/>mkdir DOM
#/>mount /dev/hda1 /DOM

then FTP to receiver and replace file /DOM/lib/modules/2.6.22.19-19-the_ripper/extra/em8634dvb.ko with one attached with this message.

Then just reboot.
doing this in elite, the firm 1.0.33 works ok?
And in rescue Mode telnet connection need pasword....

kevinch9
01-11-2010, 12:02 PM
no, this is to go to rescue mode
ah oks,put of the penfrive no?
and when azbox blocked in "elite" message , go to telnet and mkdir... etc...
no?

replace that em8634dvb.ko, serves to desfreeze the azbox after the reboot?
thanks

azbox4ever
01-11-2010, 12:11 PM
doing this in elite, the firm 1.0.33 works ok?
And in rescue Mode telnet connection need pasword....
With premium juste do this

FTP to receiver and replace file /lib/modules/2.6.22.19-19-the_ripper/extra/em8634dvb.ko with one attached with this message.

and it ok my premium boot correctly now

All Ok now with premieu
CCcam ok
HD and SD and 3D HD channel OK with CCcam

All work fine exept Sound of course cause not yet fixed

satatrec
01-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Hi guys,

#/>mkdir DOM
#/>mount /dev/hda1 /DOM

Then just reboot.

I did it on Elite and "everything" is Ok now. You can simply FTP the new module to the modules folder when the box stops after the upgrade. Just remeber to apply the 755 attrbutes, then reboot. The IP address should be the one you just used for the upgrade, unless your router is crazy.

Thanks a lot ripper for the work done.

Same known bugs, but one can survive.

I would like to recompile the module tun.ko to be compatible with the kernel, any suggestions?

The_Ripper
01-11-2010, 01:59 PM
@satatrec
I compiled tun module, I hope thats the one

CoolST
01-11-2010, 02:07 PM
@satatrec

one quest ?
where to replace this file ? thanks .

gorgeit
01-11-2010, 02:19 PM
prem + all working but only got astra 28 cannot upload new sats or channels
im missing something but dont no what . any advice would be good .
thanks
and it works great many thanks to the ripper and all guys

satatrec
01-11-2010, 02:28 PM
@satatrec

Great Ripper, I'll test the whole OpenVpn chain and be back on the forum, for those who are interested.

jaleman
01-11-2010, 02:35 PM
The Installation of E2, OK
Tuner Setup, OK
Search of Channels, OK

Many Problems with the Volume in the Majority of the Channels;
or they do not have Sound.
or the Sound cannot be controlled does not react to the volume +/-.
Some of them work very well.

I put the List of Channels of my DM800 and It works Quite perfectly, good I do not have for that to understand it but the case is that It Works

At the moment only It me Works with the Cable Scart, for the HDMI it does not give Sign

The_Ripper
01-11-2010, 02:36 PM
@kakasat
Replace ?
I dont know why @satatrec needs this kernel module "Universal TUN/TAP device driver support", I compiled for him that if thats the one he wanted. Some app he used maybe needs this support activated in kernel ...

EDIT: I just refresh page and saw why he needed this module ...

CoolST
01-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Ok , and thanks .
Good work , keep it up :001_005:

Regards .

pingflood
01-11-2010, 03:17 PM
@The_Ripper,

is too hard (or time consuming) to compile usbhid modules in upcoming versions?

I would like to start helping with usb mouse/keyboard setups. I think it'll be useful on browser plugin and E2 overall management.

Please, understand: I'm not asking you to add, I'm asking if its hard and maybe, when you have some time, you could consider this. :)

Or, if someone know what is needed to compile usbhid and want to share the knowledge, I could try it by myself and The_Ripper would not spend his time with this. ;)

Regards

The_Ripper
01-11-2010, 03:32 PM
@pingflood
I attached some of the modules for that, try it and tell me if you need something else ...

sattommy
01-11-2010, 03:45 PM
@The_Ripper,

is too hard (or time consuming) to compile usbhid modules in upcoming versions?

I would like to start helping with usb mouse/keyboard setups. I think it'll be useful on browser plugin and E2 overall management.

Please, understand: I'm not asking you to add, I'm asking if its hard and maybe, when you have some time, you could consider this. :)

Or, if someone know what is needed to compile usbhid and want to share the knowledge, I could try it by myself and The_Ripper would not spend his time with this. ;)

Regards

Are you going to try and get Qtbrowser to run?

MickeySa
01-11-2010, 03:50 PM
@pingflood

Here they are, compiled by the_ripper :

usbhid.ko

usbkbd.ko

usbmouse.ko

lobopt
01-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Hi.
Thanks for all the hard work you guys have been doing.
Just one quick question about rf modulator. Does it work?
I've searched, but there's no info about this.
Thanks.

Abdul1508
01-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Hi,

Pr2

Can we expect a new enigma 2 img with fix for the elite and the premium, or there will be new and only if there is more progress. is only a question?

kelddamsbo
01-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Hi,

Installed E2 on P+

The Installation of E2, OK
Tuner Setup with 13 lnb and multiswitch diseqc 1.1, OK
Search of Channels, OK

Noticed:
no 12V out menu for controlling coax switch for my 2. dish
Did only find one tuner, not the 2. dvb-s2 tuner
Have to get it to work with cccam and smargo reader, but I think it is in one of the previus posts.

moicas3004
01-11-2010, 04:27 PM
my friend, easy. Wait until new image is lunched. As the team get its progress they will keep making images. Just be patient. If you like to try this 1.0.30 on elite or premium use the files posted a few posts ago. Just read.

MickeySa
01-11-2010, 04:29 PM
@all

Ultra driver finished and working.

Probably today v1.0.31

Elite/Premium/Premium+/Ultra - All working edition :)

CoolST
01-11-2010, 04:34 PM
@all

Probably today v1.0.31

You all working like speed of light :respect-023:

thanks .

T33
01-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Hi.
Thanks for all the hard work you guys have been doing.
Just one quick question about rf modulator. Does it work?
I've searched, but there's no info about this.
Thanks.

The RF modulator works but you can't change the frequency for the moment. You will find the channel used if you do a search (it's way up in the freq band).

//T33

kasukabe
01-11-2010, 05:01 PM
Installed v1.0.30 on Elite.
Hangs on 25% > elite, applied new em8634dvb.ko driver.
DVB-S Scan OK
DVB-S2 Scan OK
Dish movement OK (Using DiSEqC 1.2, Astra 19.2E and Astra 23.5E)
DVB-S Video OK
DVB-S2 Video OK (incl. HD)
CCcam OK
Volume Control OK
Mute/Unmute OK
Still sound probems (just for info).

kaszy
01-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Integrated usb mouse/keyboard Qtbrowser 1.0.31?

satatrec
01-11-2010, 05:15 PM
@The ripper

I am glad to inform you an all the others that the module tun.ko is working fine.

It loads and unloads with no issues.

I have placed it in /lib/modules/2.6.22.19-19-the_ripper/extra

The openvpn package is working as well.

Some notes attached. May be not the best ones, but they worked for me.

Hope is clear.

gorgeit
01-11-2010, 05:19 PM
after many hours all sats works it has is niggles but the prem +
works like i never dreamed it would .
good work chaps
many thanks

tul
01-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Installed v1.0.30 on Elite.
Hangs on 25% > elite, applied new em8634dvb.ko driver.
DVB-S Scan OK
DVB-S2 Scan OK
Dish movement OK (Using DiSEqC 1.2, Astra 19.2E and Astra 23.5E)
DVB-S Video OK
DVB-S2 Video OK (incl. HD)
CCcam OK
Volume Control OK
Mute/Unmute OK
Still sound probems (just for info).

does it have the standby button working already?

ty in advance.

Abdul1508
01-11-2010, 07:04 PM
@all

Probably today v1.0.31

just for curiosity will azbox home media center also supported.

kasukabe
01-11-2010, 07:11 PM
does it have the standby button working already?

ty in advance.

No. Not working.

jamesjay
01-11-2010, 07:12 PM
@jamesjay
You can install E2 , but on E2 start it will failed on Nim manager python script because tuner driver isnt there and E2 will start looping and yes you can back on original FW with Azup like elite/premium users can.

I am still stuck and cannot go back to original firmware or load latest E2 for premium plus, I have tried reverting back using Back to Original Firmware from the first page, but keep getting "update not found" when I telnet the command:

OpenDreambox 1.5.0 AZBox

AZBox login: root
root@AZBox:~# ./update /MMP/backup_kernel
-sh: ./update: not found

I don't get a IP address on reboot so cannot use Azup either although I do know the IP address of the box but if I put this in and try to update I get the message "no rescue mode!!!" "put patch bin on your USB stick reboot AZbox and then try again"

Anyone had the same messages and can offer advice please...thanks.

James.

[0_o]
01-11-2010, 07:27 PM
The RF modulator works but you can't change the frequency for the moment. You will find the channel used if you do a search (it's way up in the freq band).

//T33

Thanks about this info. Maybe if you define a different freq. for RF modulator on original firmware, you can use that setup in E2 when you load it.
I mean, a example: if you put RF modulator working at ch34 on original firmware, when you change for E2 RF modulator should be working at ch34 too (I think!).

If you can test it next time you change your firmware, I'm very thankful (I cant test my Azbox because I'm far from home).

Regards

T33
01-11-2010, 07:32 PM
;763738']Thanks about this info. Maybe if you define a different freq. for RF modulator on original firmware, you can use that setup in E2 when you load it.
I mean, a example: if you put RF modulator working at ch34 on original firmware, when you change for E2 RF modulator should be working at ch34 too (I think!).

If you can test it next time you change your firmware, I'm very thankful (I cant test my Azbox because I'm far from home).

Regards

Sorry, don't think so since I had mine at another channel before the upgrade and now I can receive it on the far edge of what my TV can handle.

[0_o]
01-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Sorry, don't think so since I had mine at another channel before the upgrade and now I can receive it on the far edge of what my TV can handle.

Oh ok. If its working, should be a simple thing to fix (I promuse).

**esp**
01-11-2010, 07:47 PM
I am still stuck and cannot go back to original firmware or load latest E2 for premium plus,

What actually happens when you do this:-

Use any original firmware patch.bin file in the USB

If you leave the USB stick in the Azbox with the patch.bin file and reboot, it should boot in Rescue mode and display the IP address of your box in the VFD.

Then you can use AZUP.

pr2
01-11-2010, 08:04 PM
I am still stuck and cannot go back to original firmware or load latest E2 for premium plus, I have tried reverting back using Back to Original Firmware from the first page, but keep getting "update not found" when I telnet the command:

OpenDreambox 1.5.0 AZBox

AZBox login: root
root@AZBox:~# ./update /MMP/backup_kernel
-sh: ./update: not found

I don't get a IP address on reboot so cannot use Azup either although I do know the IP address of the box but if I put this in and try to update I get the message "no rescue mode!!!" "put patch bin on your USB stick reboot AZbox and then try again"

Anyone had the same messages and can offer advice please...thanks.

James.

Hello,

You are not in rescue mode, you are in normal E2 mode.
Simply insert a USB stick with "patch.bin" not "azbox-0.9.5020-patch.bin" and reboot.
So at boot rescue mode will search for and detect "patch.bin", then you will see the IP in the VFD, start Azup.exe on your PC and complete the IP address and press update.

Pr2

pr2
01-11-2010, 08:06 PM
@pingflood

Here they are, compiled by the_ripper :

usbhid.ko

usbkbd.ko

usbmouse.ko

Hi,

Can we then have loadkeys to allow keyboard layout change.

Thanks,

Pr2

pingflood
01-11-2010, 08:38 PM
Are you going to try and get Qtbrowser to run?

Yes. Thats where I'll focus for now. :)

Thanks @The_Ripper and @MickeySa for the modules. Soon I should start the testings. :respect-054: