PDA

View Full Version : need a little help

danstoker
17-07-2010, 06:03 PM
just installed a spiderbox 9000,but every time I power up the dish moves west untill it cant go any further.Tried a motor reset but had no joy.dish now stuck fully west and with no response from the remote control,

any ideas will be worth a try,

thanks,

Dan.

barrysat
17-07-2010, 06:59 PM
hi m8

set your lat deg west. long deg north, should work.

terry l
17-07-2010, 08:52 PM
m8;
If you have used a sat system before put your old receiver back to 1 or 08 degree's west
[hope you have not used the spider to move your dish]..
connect your spider and load the sat [would be thor or intelsat 10 02]..If you want to use usual instead of disq..
then google your post code and follow the instructions from there..
you can fine tune this rx by using the moter...

tr8.
18-07-2010, 11:08 AM
just installed a spiderbox 9000,but every time I power up the dish moves west untill it cant go any further.Tried a motor reset but had no joy.dish now stuck fully west and with no response from the remote control,

any ideas will be worth a try,

thanks,

Dan.

If tell us also the motor you are useing will help, others with that motor may be able to help.
What channel list or have you made your own?
have the limits been set on the motor?

danstoker
31-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the help guys,managed to get dish and motor sorted out and the box is working well.Just need some information on what kind of cam and card to get now for best compatiability with the Spiderbox,

cheers,

Dan.

mister-t
31-07-2010, 07:24 PM
if your spider came with gift then really no need for cam or cards
if no gift then just use softcam's for the spiderbox,diablo cam works well in spider if you want to go down that route,also funcards work well on cardslot
on spider,you have many options but a little more info on what software you have installed on spider if any
mister-t

danstoker
01-08-2010, 01:29 AM
Thanks for your reply mister t,box came with the gift but not really sure what to do with it yet.I beleive I have to register before it can be used.Just having a read around here for some help and ideas.Just came back into the motorised stuff after quite a long time away.If there are anymore bits of advice and help that you can give me regarding the Spiderbox they would be very much appreciated,

cheers,

Dan.

mister-t
01-08-2010, 08:06 AM
just follow the guides that have been posted on how to load the patches
take your time and you will see how easy it is to set everything up
if you have problems then post back here and i am sure you will get all the help you need
mister-t

echelon
01-08-2010, 09:10 AM
set the ip to a fixed ip in network server , and then load the darkmania 2 patch from 06 may 2010 from a usb stick , reboot and load the newer patch from 25 june 2010 , reboot , now backup the channel file if you have one , and the system as well , onto a usb pen drive formatted to fat32

now factory reset the stb from the menu , reboot , and load the channel list you backed up ( or one from here ) and then go to the network and turn on the gift in network using 1111

once you see the nuevoXstream and service+ you know its on , so go into both of those and register them ( internet connection required ) , the expiry date on nuevo will now say 01 august 2011 , and the gift will say connected only , with no date

go into keyedit and turn on the ucas ( third one down ) and exit , then load in the latest 29 july 2010 spiderbox HD softcam from the spider softcam section

reboot and you should now have ucas with the latest key , and the 2 gift servers connected and authorised and working

then check channels that are opened by those 2 servers and ucas

finally , backup the channel list again , and the system as well , to the pendrive , for safety

danstoker
01-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Thanks again for your help everyone,after reading lots more today and realising that the spiderbox has to be connected to my router for the free gift to keep working,I might have to go down the cam and card road,Due to my set up here with my router being in the house next to my modem and the rest off everything being out in the other end of garden,dont think I will be able to get the benefit of the gift.

Thanks again for your help,
Dan.

echelon
01-08-2010, 10:57 PM
Thanks again for your help everyone,after reading lots more today and realising that the spiderbox has to be connected to my router for the free gift to keep working,I might have to go down the cam and card road,Due to my set up here with my router being in the house next to my modem and the rest off everything being out in the other end of garden,dont think I will be able to get the benefit of the gift.

Thanks again for your help,
Dan.

if you can get a wireless laptop working where the spiderbox is , to your router , you can use an openmedia wifi adapter and connect to the router wirelessly , the same way as a laptop would , or if you have a mains electric feed you can use a pair of homeplugs with 2 ethernet leads instead , like the spider homeplugs or similar

danstoker
02-08-2010, 01:42 AM
Thanks again echelon for following this thread,I take it the home plug can take a signal from my router inside my house and carry the signal out into my garden onto another plug where my computer and Spiderbox are via an ethernet lead at either end.I can understand this a little bit I think,if this is how it works.Guess there might be distance problems for the homeplugs,I am about 40 metres max from the house.I will have a google tomorrow and see if I can get anymore info,

once again,

thanks for the help,

Dan.

echelon
02-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Thanks again echelon for following this thread,I take it the home plug can take a signal from my router inside my house and carry the signal out into my garden onto another plug where my computer and Spiderbox are via an ethernet lead at either end.I can understand this a little bit I think,if this is how it works.Guess there might be distance problems for the homeplugs,I am about 40 metres max from the house.I will have a google tomorrow and see if I can get anymore info,

once again,

thanks for the help,

Dan.

I cant see any distance info on the ones I have seen on the net , but would assume that 40m is fine

another alternative is to run some cat5 cable from a reel , and connect cat5 sockets on both ends , and this would give you an ethernet socket or sockets in the remote site ,and use standard ethernet cables to join to the spiderbox and the router , one at each end. and at the remote site you could even fit a cheap cat5 powered 5 way or 8 way hub if you needed more ethernet sockets for computers or laptops etc as well , and using a cat5 cable is the cheapest way to provide this , which is standard practice in firms and businesses etc

so several options exist , dont give up hope just yet

danstoker
07-08-2010, 09:38 PM
hello echelon,never been here much this week,thanks again for your ideas.Was just wondering if I would be able to use a 2 way splitter on my ethernet cable for my computer and run the other ethernet cable to my spiderbox,just an idea,

cheers again,

Dan.

echelon
07-08-2010, 09:48 PM
hello echelon,never been here much this week,thanks again for your ideas.Was just wondering if I would be able to use a 2 way splitter on my ethernet cable for my computer and run the other ethernet cable to my spiderbox,just an idea,

cheers again,

Dan.

you certainly can do so , but its not what I would do

what I would do is buy a cheap powered lan hub off e bay , say 4 to 8 ports , and use 1 lan port for each device , and also you will have spares for anything else that crops up . and the feed from the house router goes into the common input port on the hub , and outputs go to each device ( pc and spider )

it would only cost about £7 or so

Mickha
07-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Most routers have connections for 4 appliances, what make/model router do you have?

danstoker
08-08-2010, 04:19 PM
Hello Mickha,

I run a netgear router which has connections for 4 appliances.At the moment I am using 3 off these,1 for my wifes laptop in our bedroom,1 for my sons laptop in his bedroom and one for my study/office which is approx 40 metres away in the garden.The connection I have in the garden is run through plastic pipe underground,I have 1 connection left on the router,but not really sure if I want to run another plastic pipe or break into the exsisting pipe for the connection to my Spiderbox.

Thanks again for all off the suggestions and help on here,they are very much appreciated,just had a comment from my son who seems to have become a pc engineer all of a sudden lol.He says just get a wireless router and that will solve all the problems,kinda like the hard wired stuff myself but any thoughts would be a massive help,

cheers,

Dan.

echelon
08-08-2010, 05:01 PM
wireless is one way ( the lazy way ) but if you have a cat5 connection to the shed , then just fit the powered lan hub like I said , and you will have several lan ports in there at your disposal , and hard wired is the best way bar none

Item number: 310153132382 on flea bay for under £8 , and is one I use , 5 ports in your shed for £7.45p

mister-t
08-08-2010, 05:29 PM
this is my setup
downstairs cable modem to a netgear router,from netgear router port1 pc
port2 xbox,port3 upstairs to dlink router distance 25mtr.dlink router port1 pc
port2 spider box works extremely well,i think i paid about £14 for the 25mtr
ethernet cable and just to add i run a 30mtr hdmi cable with a extender repeater from spider to downstairs tv with no problems what so ever so cable run distance should not be a problem if installed correctly

mister-t

Giga
08-08-2010, 06:25 PM
anywhere where you have a cat5 cable arriving you can add a ethernet switch (adding more ports on that cable) and continue from there, maximum combined distance: 328 feet (100 meters) if you can do it with cat5 cable, this is the way to go, less interference.
(£10 5 port switch, £15 8 port switch)

danstoker
10-08-2010, 10:37 PM
Okay guys,

Guess everyone is saying the same thing to me,just need to get my head around all the different ports,cat 5 stuff,powered lan hubs and everything else.Here is my take on what I have got here.I have an ehernet cable from My router burried underground direct to my pc in my office/study which is approx 40 metres from my house.I have a motorised satellite system connected to a spiderbox which is now working very well.I need a connection from my router to the spiderbox to allow the free gift to work.

As I already have a cat 5 cable in here(ethernet cable),please correct me if I am wrong,I can connect an ethernet switch which is the same as a powered lan hub?, to my existing ethernet cable before I connect to my pc,then connect to the pc and use other free ports for my connection to the spiderbox,sorry if I am making this sound like a nightmare,
thanks again for everyones help,

Dan.

echelon
10-08-2010, 11:09 PM
Okay guys,

Guess everyone is saying the same thing to me,just need to get my head around all the different ports,cat 5 stuff,powered lan hubs and everything else.Here is my take on what I have got here.I have an ehernet cable from My router burried underground direct to my pc in my office/study which is approx 40 metres from my house.I have a motorised satellite system connected to a spiderbox which is now working very well.I need a connection from my router to the spiderbox to allow the free gift to work.

As I already have a cat 5 cable in here(ethernet cable),please correct me if I am wrong,I can connect an ethernet switch which is the same as a powered lan hub?, to my existing ethernet cable before I connect to my pc,then connect to the pc and use other free ports for my connection to the spiderbox,sorry if I am making this sound like a nightmare,
thanks again for everyones help,

Dan.

yes m8 , totally correct , and the item I gave will give you all those options and more , as it will convert your incoming ethernet cable from one to 5 , giving the signal a boost and 5 ports to choose from , 1 for the pc , 1 for the spiderbox , and 3 for anything else

Giga
11-08-2010, 09:58 AM
as echelon says: ethernet switch = powered lan hub, terminology differs sometimes locally. Sorry for adding to your confusion.

danstoker
12-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Hello again,

got Ethernet hub coming for the weekend and a couple of cables.Just about understand this now lol,it has taken a while,sorry.I need now to get my head around how you download and apply up to date patches using my memory stick and then everything will be Hunkydory as they say.I will keep you all informed over the weekend how I am getting on,cause sure as hell,I will be needing some more help.

Thanks again,

Dan.

danstoker
14-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Hello people,

got the powered hub up and running and a patch installed,not sure if it is the latest up to date one but I will keep looking on here for help.Not had much time to have a root about in the sky but it looks like I have a few more channels compared to yesterday.Still needing to tweak the dish a bit as it seems I am missing a few Sats,might have to connect up to a meter to get it right.Picture quality is really good with no freezing at all.

Thanks again for everyones help,I would never have got this far on my own,

Dan.

echelon
14-08-2010, 09:41 PM
Hello people,

got the powered hub up and running and a patch installed,not sure if it is the latest up to date one but I will keep looking on here for help.Not had much time to have a root about in the sky but it looks like I have a few more channels compared to yesterday.Still needing to tweak the dish a bit as it seems I am missing a few Sats,might have to connect up to a meter to get it right.Picture quality is really good with no freezing at all.

Thanks again for everyones help,I would never have got this far on my own,

Dan.

read my guide here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=130612 on setting up the patches , gift , softcam etc

danstoker
15-08-2010, 08:25 PM
Guess I got a wee bit carried away with myself yesterday,Spiderbox started freezing today during the Arsenal game and gradually got worse untill I got fed up and switched of completely.Also could not get connected to service + so gave up with that as well.

danstoker
16-08-2010, 10:47 PM
sorry guys,24 hour power shut down and no response from my spiderbox,power light still on at the motor end and manual movement on the dish still ok.Not looking good with no response at all from the remote control,any help would be a real help,

Dan

Mickha
16-08-2010, 11:13 PM
Are you saying that there is no power light on your receiver but you know power is getting through because your motor light is on?

Is there any signs of power on the receiver, Ehternet cable light on, or anything else?

How did you turn the receiver off was it using the back switch or did you unplug it?

danstoker
16-08-2010, 11:50 PM
Ethernet cable light is on,fully powered off for complete 24 hours,receiver is stuck on last channel and motor light is on,no light is activated when remote is used,manually moved motor both east and west.All power was disconnected for 24 hours.No commands were activated when using the receiver,everything seems dead at this end

danstoker
17-08-2010, 12:05 AM
all power lights are activated on lan hub,nothing manually works or with remote

Mickha
17-08-2010, 12:08 AM
The last person I read about with a similar problem, Spiderbox stuck on one channel, resolved the issue by removing the HDMI cable connecting it to the TV and inserting it in a different television port.

Try switching off at the rear and remove all cables, from your receiver, including any USB attached devices and cams/cards, including the coax cable.

Leave a scart cable from your receiver to TV connected.

Turn on your receiver and see if you can access the menu using your remote.

If it works then turn the receiver off again and just attach the coax cable.

Turn it on again and see if you can access any channels.

danstoker
17-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Done as you said Mickha but still the same problem when restarted.Disconected everything again but this time moved channels with the manual buttons.connected up again and restarted on a different channel.Seems to be working ok now,just having a few doubts about this receiver,hope time will change my mind,

thanks again,

Dan.

mister-t
17-08-2010, 07:41 PM
check batteries in remote,i had a similar problem even though batteries
that came with receiver are in a package do not assume they are good
i changed mine for ones i knew where 100% and cured my problem of not being able to turn reveiver on and off

mister-t

spencelfc6
05-03-2011, 12:08 AM
hi anyone tried the vonets vap11g wifi bridge having trouble done all i should do but when searching for connection doesnt find anything any help guys

terry l
05-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Maybe off topic but a m8 of mine couldn't get his remote to work his spider [found out afterward's he had hit the vcr button at the top instead of the stb button]..so don't give up, could turn out to be something simple...

hi anyone tried the vonets vap11g wifi bridge having trouble done all i should do but when searching for connection doesnt find anything any help guys

dont know if this helps m8. had same problem , i registered bridge on computer then plugged it into spidebox 9000hd but no connection made,i then registered it again in pc then left it connected to pc then disconnected pc from internet just leaving bridge in place, after a short time the pc connected to internet through the vonets bridge when i then connected bridge to spiderbox every thing worked ok.
regards karma
forgot to mention i use a d-link modem and router