PDA

View Full Version : sevice+

andy
18-07-2010, 08:40 PM
is service + working tonight
cant get the golf channel on 19e

kdoug007
18-07-2010, 08:45 PM
andy are u using home plug/ethnet . just asking.

andy
18-07-2010, 08:52 PM
if you mean internet connection im useing
its ethernet straight from bt homehub

andy
18-07-2010, 09:07 PM
its ok its on now took 30 mins to come on
which is unusual normaly 2 mins

speedy_04
18-07-2010, 09:15 PM
maybe coz it was the open final round it would exerience heavier traffic than normal

williamtell
18-07-2010, 09:29 PM
my new spider is starting to cause me some frustrating problems, with a family member on-line gaming at the same time as me, i,m beginning to think my isp is not what it should be with many freeze on all gifts especially canal sweden bbc hd etc, there is also always something not working although as darkman suggests [watch something else] my area has 2 internet cables coming in 1 copper 1 aluminium [or so i,m told] just wonder if mines the weaker ie aluminium??, a change of provider may help but doubt it re speeds into my location??? it will be a pain if for example watching an epl match with the lads and constant freezing may result in a down to the pub syndrome [if there is any left that is]:confused::confused:

speedy_04
18-07-2010, 09:57 PM
my new spider is starting to cause me some frustrating problems, with a family member on-line gaming at the same time as me, i,m beginning to think my isp is not what it should be with many freeze on all gifts especially canal sweden bbc hd etc, there is also always something not working although as darkman suggests [watch something else] my area has 2 internet cables coming in 1 copper 1 aluminium [or so i,m told] just wonder if mines the weaker ie aluminium??, a change of provider may help but doubt it re speeds into my location??? it will be a pain if for example watching an epl match with the lads and constant freezing may result in a down to the pub syndrome [if there is any left that is]:confused::confused:

www.speedtest.net

check your download speed against what you were told from your provider

williamtell
18-07-2010, 10:43 PM
0.68 download morcambe, pl**net, any comments please , not so clever re speeds or the like, ping etc.

speedy_04
18-07-2010, 10:49 PM
what did your provider say that your bb speed would be?? coz if its well lower than what they are ment to be providing then get on the phone to them. i use the morcambe test server and download is 10.65 with 56ms ping

andy
18-07-2010, 10:58 PM
just noticed in the network there is NEWCAMBD server set up
anyone tell me what that is

speedy_04
18-07-2010, 11:03 PM
i not to sure but i am certian there is something in this section to explain what it is

echelon
18-07-2010, 11:03 PM
newcamd is a cam where you can share an N line , whereas the cccam cam is for c lines

on the spiderbox you can have a card in the slot and share it out using newcamd by having an N line on the other boxes that connect into it

so use newcamd to share a card out to other boxes that are using an N line , or to receive an N line from a host box

kdoug007
19-07-2010, 12:48 AM
woo for u to say that william , there must be a problem .. i was reading web user mag today and there were 2 pages about home plugs ,,!!!! assume thats the thing you use william home plug/ethnet... there is me thinking shall i get a spider and then i read your post!!

williamtell
19-07-2010, 09:08 AM
i would have thought by now you would have made up your mind re purchase or not!!! just because my speed test area is low that does not mean yours is!
until you take a chance or not then i,m afraid you will be in limbo. ps have been in touch with isp and await response, if at all there is something faster coming into my location then i have to go with it even if at more expense.

williamtell
20-07-2010, 05:50 PM
found this handy web-site re speeds

k**z.co.uk

enter it in **