PDA

View Full Version : Road Angel

steviejb
19-07-2010, 05:52 PM
I am very new to this area having just got the hang of an igo8 unit, my brother has just been given a road angel 6000 which only has uk maps on and comes up with "subscription expired" message.
what maps go on these units (he would like uk and france) and how do you update them, is it just a matter of putting a new map onto the SD card?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. :respect-060:

xanadu
19-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Hope you have deep pockets.. Read this user review......

ROAD ANGEL 6000
Do you know that UK map updates are not included in the mnthly subscription, so despite you paying almost £50 a year in updates subscription, you have to pay a further £50 for a UK map update. As there are new roads and changes to priority etc almost every week across the UK, it means realistically you are never going to be upto date other than just after you bung the £50 for the map update.
I thought my subscription included this, as it says it updates the latest speed camera locations and black spots and if there is a new road (such as the A30 opened 12 months ago), my system does not even show the road, to get it to do that is £50 extra. I think this is a ripp off and it was never made clear when I purchased it that this was the case.

This unit is now discontinued so doubt if any updates are available.

steviejb
19-07-2010, 07:17 PM
Thanks xanadu, I was hoping I could just download a new map and go, brothers not interested in the speed camera side, it would be a pity to scrap this as its still in good nick.
steve